*** Official BU Henry M Goldman Dental School C/O 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

haha you got 5 interview after just completing your DAT. so you're a ******* and a lair i see.
It's plural when there's more than one. Jeez. Really killing me with your sentence structure

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is it true that BU does not extend interviews to people with high stats? Haven't heard from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS with an interview date of Oct. 17th! AA20 TS19 with a tGPA of 3.35 (including +/-) and sGPA of 3.20 (including +/-). Had an application under review email on July 13th like the others so far.

Is it true that BU does not extend interviews to people with high stats? Haven't heard from them.

Maybe. I submitted in June and still waiting lmao. My stats aren't that high tho,

24 AA, and 3.37 sGPA 3.43 Overall GPA

Keep in mind extracurriculars and other non-numerical ways the assess applicants. I obviously don't know either of you waiting on an invite, just something to consider. I feel everyone spends the most time considering grades and DAT when there is so much more to a person/applicant they look at.

Reactions: 1 users
Keep in mind extracurriculars and other non-numerical ways the assess applicants. I obviously don't know either of you waiting on an invite, just something to consider. I feel everyone spends the most time considering grades and DAT when there is so much more to a person/applicant they look at.

I have leadership experience and research (with conference talks etc)

How long did people get an "under review" e-mail from the time their application was complete? I'm still waiting ... I submitted back in June, but my application wasn't fully complete until a month ago. The only communication I received from BU was requesting the supplemental.

How long did people get an "under review" e-mail from the time their application was complete? I'm still waiting ... I submitted back in June, but my application wasn't fully complete until a month ago. The only communication I received from BU was requesting the supplemental.
Same! I just completed my app last week Monday. Never got any thing else.

Same! I just completed my app last week Monday. Never got any thing else.

Considering your app was just complete a week ago, I would assume that would be the case for you anyway :p Try waiting months :arghh: I guess we just have to be patient :)

Considering your app was just complete a week ago, I would assume that would be the case for you anyway :p Try waiting months :arghh: I guess we just have to be patient :)
I don't know how you do it. I don't even know how they do it. Like ... Rude. Damn .. Anyways let's hope you get the good news ASAP and I hear SOMETHING from this place. *rolls eyes* sigh.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got the under review email. I'm happy with that considering this school has a notorious rep for not communicating loll. That's the only reason why I was worried about this school cause they don't communicate! I'll be happy with this email in the meantime.

I just got the under review email. I'm happy with that considering this school has a notorious rep for not communicating loll. That's the only reason why I was worried about this school cause they don't communicate! I'll be happy with this email in the meantime.

You got the under review e-mail and your application was only complete last week?? What the ... C'mon BU! :(

You got the under review e-mail and your application was only complete last week?? What the ... C'mon BU! :(
You didn't even get the under review email?! Wtf. This is what I mean with this school. I am sure you will literally get it sometime soon. Keep me updated.

Should I give BU a call regarding whether my application is complete or not? Do people receive "Application Complete" e-mails? My status on AADSAS has stayed "Application received/Waiting Additional Information" since June 28th, which was when my GPA was verified. Their e-mails say not to call them regarding the status of our app, but it's been 3 months and I feel like they forgot about me? Unless they're bad at updating their AADSAS, but I feel like I should at least be given a "Complete" e-mail by now?

Should I give BU a call regarding whether my application is complete or not? Do people receive "Application Complete" e-mails? My status on AADSAS has stayed "Application received/Waiting Additional Information" since June 28th, which was when my GPA was verified. Their e-mails say not to call them regarding the status of our app, but it's been 3 months and I feel like they forgot about me? Unless they're bad at updating their AADSAS, but I feel like I should at least be given a "Complete" e-mail by now?
NOO actually go on their website and email josh (Joshua) because that shouldn't be there it should say under review/complete. He's super nice! I got the under review email like last week or something. Email him, don't call. Good luck!

Anyone that has interviewed at BU this cycle willing to share a bit about the experience? Curious about how many students attend each interview day, how many interviewers you meet with, if it's relaxed, and your overall impression of the school

Anyone that has interviewed at BU this cycle willing to share a bit about the experience? Curious about how many students attend each interview day, how many interviewers you meet with, if it's relaxed, and your overall impression of the school
Yes please

Had my interview recently, very relaxed and there were about 10 of us. Probaby one of the few interviews you don't have to worry about.

Had my interview recently, very relaxed and there were about 10 of us. Probaby one of the few interviews you don't have to worry about.

Any estimation of the available interview dates at this time? (i.e. November, December etc.)

Hey guys I have an interview on 10/25. Just wondering if anyone from the area has any suggestions on fun things to do. I'm flying in 10/23 and am staying at Omni Parker House. What are your favorite places to eat in the city?

Hey guys I have an interview on 10/25. Just wondering if anyone from the area has any suggestions on fun things to do. I'm flying in 10/23 and am staying at Omni Parker House. What are your favorite places to eat in the city?
island creek oyster is a personal favorite.
you can always go to quincy market to get food and some people watching

Is the under review email the one that says Boston university supplemental application processed?
Or is there a different one... I got the processed email on July 20th and haven't heard from them since

Walk/run/bike along the Charles River Esplanade! Grab amazing French pastries at Tatte. Museum of Fine Arts. Isabella Stewart Gardener Musuem. Boston Commons/Public Gardens!

If you like Italian food, try Pappa Razzi or Giacomo's (seafood Italian). They're both a little pricey, but the food is delicious. They're both popular restaurants that most likely require reservations though if you have the time to visit and/or have company with you!

i also forgot to recommend flour. its right near the school. go early so you can get a sticky bun. #trust

OOS with an interview date of Oct. 17th! AA20 TS19 with a tGPA of 3.35 (including +/-) and sGPA of 3.20 (including +/-). Had an application under review email on July 13th like the others so far.
What was your PAT score?

can anyone who has gone on an interview give any insight to what the questions were like during the interview? was it more conversational or was it more typical dental school questions

For interview day they ask for a photograph. The photo size wasn't indicated. Donthey care what size the photo is?

Does anyone know how many they interview? There were only 8 candidates at my interview. All of us felt that our interview was very conversational and we only got asked 3-4 questions. I was concerned with how they would be choosing who they accept if everyone's interview is so relaxed. I was told that they just wanted to check to see that we weren't TOO insane lol. If they are extremely limited in their invites than that would confirm what I've been hearing.

Does anyone know how many they interview? There were only 8 candidates at my interview. All of us felt that our interview was very conversational and we only got asked 3-4 questions. I was concerned with how they would be choosing who they accept if everyone's interview is so relaxed. I was told that they just wanted to check to see that we weren't TOO insane lol. If they are extremely limited in their invites than that would confirm what I've been hearing.

I believe they said 300-350 when someone asked at my interview day

Was there only 1 interviewer or more than one? I interview on Monday and I'm just wondering what it's going to be like

Hey guys, trying to plan clothing for the weather here. First I hope you all did great on your interviews. Quick question, was the interview day mostly secluded to areas inside of the Dental school building, or were you moving indoors and outdoors frequently?

Hey guys, trying to plan clothing for the weather here. First I hope you all did great on your interviews. Quick question, was the interview day mostly secluded to areas inside of the Dental school building, or were you moving indoors and outdoors frequently?
The interview is indoors, but at one point you go outside to another building, where the simulation lab is. Then, you come back to the other building

This thread is pretty dead, but... got an interview today for January 10th! Anyone on the same boat?

I haven't heard a peep from anywhere yet. What are your stats, if you don't mine me asking

This thread is pretty dead, but... got an interview today for January 10th! Anyone on the same boat?
Did the email mention anything special? like if the interview is for the wait-list?

I'm getting pretty nervous about hearing back from BU tonight... any one else staying up in hopes for the acceptance email tonight?