*********OFFICIAL COLUMBIA C/O 2020 INTERVIEW/ACCEPTANCE*****

Ahmadtoo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Didn't see this thread up yet, and they started sending out emails!
Good luck everyone! #Columbia
Hope we all get in!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When do they usually send out interview letters/rejection? :scared:
Last year, interview invitations were sent out starting Wednesday August 20th. I think they wait longer for rejection letters. I'm also very scared because everyone seems to have crazy DAT scores...

Last year, interview invitations were sent out starting Wednesday August 20th. I think they wait longer for rejection letters. I'm also very scared because everyone seems to have crazy DAT scores...

I agree... I feel hopeless haha..

I agree... I feel hopeless haha..

upload_2015-7-14_16-49-20.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users
Second email from them today about receiving my application

That's my third email from them saying the same thing lol

Members don't see this ad :)
@RunBikeSwim, first of all, awesome stats. Sounds like you'll get your fair share of interviews and acceptances and before December 1st as well. Most schools consider anything mailed out by end of August as early and apps from September and on as late. Your app will be mailed out likely next batch or the one after and you're still considered early. Good luck :)

Last edited:
Based on last year's thread (8/18), the invitations should roll out starting this Monday (8/17) ... Or maybe next Monday since all schools seem to be late this year. Good luck everyone! :luck:

Reactions: 2 users
just took DAT yesterday. 21AA and 21PAT. 3.45 gpa

any chances left? im an NY resident if that helps and have stellar recommendations and essays.

Anyone get off the "Received/Under Review" Status on AADSAS despite getting the "Application Received" email?

Reactions: 1 user
Confirmed that they received my supplemental fee on 7/24, app mailed out 8/13, appeared on my portal 8/17 saying received/under review. No other emails from them besides the supp confirmation though!

Interview invites sent out today, for future reference

Does Columbia not have a supplemental application? :O Only a supplemental fee?
The last email I have from them is them telling me they received my AADSAS application. My status is still Received/Under Review. Was this the case for anyone who got an interview?

Did anyone receive an email stating their application was complete? All I got from them was:

This is to notify you that we have received your supplemental application fee of $75. We will be in touch regarding any changes to your application status.

Thank you for your payment.

College of Dental Medicine
Admissions Office

No other emails and first batch

Hey guys! I'm interviewing on Sept 11! good luck to you all :)

I booked a room at a hotel 1.2 miles away, steps from a subway stop that goes right to the dental school. Booked it for Thursday 10/8 for Friday 10/9. Room has two single beds. Let me know if you want to split the room, it would be $150 ($75 for each of us). PM me if interested, I swear I'm normal lol.
Whats the name of the hotel? Thats a good price

I read somewhere that interview invites for first batch applicants have already been sent out. So does that mean if I applied first batch and haven't received an interview yet I'm never going to receive it?

I read somewhere that interview invites for first batch applicants have already been sent out. So does that mean if I applied first batch and haven't received an interview yet I'm never going to receive it?
I think they meant first batch OF interviews, not interviews for first batch people. From last year's thread, they seem send invites every other week. So I think next batch of interviews will start this coming Monday....

I think they meant first batch OF interviews, not interviews for first batch people. From last year's thread, they seem send invites every other week. So I think next batch of interviews will start this coming Monday....
Ohh so glad to hear this!! Really hope you're right! :)

Interview!

School: Columbia
Notification date: 9/9/15
Method of notification: Email
Interview Date: 10/16/15
Residency: PA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/31/15
Application complete date: 7/31/15
GPA: 3.73 science/3.70 BCP/3.82 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23 AA/22 TS/19 PAT/23 RC/none

Edit: Added interview date

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
anyone who's scheduled an interview lately know what dates might still be open?

Interview officially set for October 16. I don't know what dates are open. You send them your availability all the way through January 1 for every Friday and they email you back and give you a date. I made a recommendation about what day I wanted and they approved it and gave it to me.

Interview officially set for October 16. I don't know what dates are open. You send them your availability all the way through January 1 for every Friday and they email you back and give you a date. I made a recommendation about what day I wanted and they approved it and gave it to me.

See you there!