*********OFFICIAL COLUMBIA C/O 2020 INTERVIEW/ACCEPTANCE*****

If that's your AA, I think that's roughly the 65th percentile. Their matriculant average is a 23AA, which is 98th-99th percentile. You could potentially still get an invite, but I think your app would have to be pretty unique to get noticed. But don't let someone on SDN ever discourage you if you want to go for it.

My aa and ts are 24, pat is 18

Members don't see this ad.

Still waiting? Seriously what is wrong with my app?!?!! Dat 24/24/18. 3.6 science and overall gpa, 1 year of research, tons of Ecs and shadowing.. I'm losing hope
Don't lose hope man we'll get ours soon enough haha. I'd say we're similar ec wise, only difference is my GPA is 3.4 and AA is 26. I'm not expecting anything more until schools send out their initial acceptances and then offer more interviews in Dec.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes obviously, id like to know what that date was, as in are they giving different people different dates.....
You received your invite the day after we did. We were offered nov 13 and 20 and beyond

Pretty sure columbia takes off most if not all of December for interviewing, so if you don't get in on Nov 20th, the next is Jan 8.

What do you mean they take off though? And are people that get January or later considered lesser applicants ?

What do you mean they take off though? And are people that get January or later considered lesser applicants ?
I think he means that they don't do interviews throughout December. Definitely NOT considered a lesser applicant. Columbia interviews a lot after Dec, and they fill up a good amount of their class after dec too!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't lose hope man we'll get ours soon enough haha. I'd say we're similar ec wise, only difference is my GPA is 3.4 and AA is 26. I'm not expecting anything more until schools send out their initial acceptances and then offer more interviews in Dec.

That was comforting. Thanks. I have very similar stats (GPA 3.5). It's difficult to not hear back having applied to Columbia more than 3 months ago.

I just remembered a dream I had a few nights ago where Dr. Z came to my apartment personally to deliver my acceptance letter to Columbia and it was magical. Less than 4 weeks til we know!

i called them and they said that my application was reviewed a few weeks ago.. no interview.. does this mean that i will probably get rejected

Meet up in the admissions office/make small talk with other students
Light breakfast/introduction to the school by the students
Interviews, they are one on one with a professor or alumni and all kind of in the same room/sane time just at different tables
More information about the school by Dr. Z
Amazing lunch... like some of the best food I have had in a really long time w/ more students to chat with
Tour of the school and campus
Financial aid and HPSP presentations
Done by ~3pm

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you so much for your input , I can't wait to interview there , it's my top choice :)

Best of luck, it was definitely a special school! Rock the interview and your chances are pretty great since you have a pre-December slot.

Lol my interview is Jan 8 :(

Oh, just preparing way in advanced? haha. I am sure you still have fantastic chances, you have an interview which is more than the other 94% of people that applied can say! There is a point during the interview where you kind of get 'let loose' with the D1s (totally forgot about that in my breakdown of the day but it is towards the end) and a ton of them mentioned having later interviews. They make a yes/no/maybe about everyone, all of the maybes get put on the waitlist and the remaining spots for the class are filled from the waitlist so if you rock it you can still definitely get a yes, no problem!

yeah I'm preparing as much as possible because its my top choice:) and oh really? alot of ppl post dec? thats deff good news

interviewing this friday. Are there any questions that you (whoever interviewed alrdy) wish you knew?
for example, NYU asks whos the dean of the school (had no idea).

3.5/3.6 25 AA 27 PAT 23 TS

interviewing this friday. Are there any questions that you (whoever interviewed alrdy) wish you knew?

My interview had no agenda or set questions besides the usual why dentistry/Columbia

NYU didn't ask me that. Seems petty... haha. Columbia won't do you like that lol

10 days, guys!! People who interviewed yesterday, how did it go/what did you think?!?!

Had my interview recently - I also loved my time there but I wouldn't be able to justify going there over somewhere like UCLA (if given the choice). Honestly I never checked Columbia's tuition before I applied and it's just as bad as most privates lol. I would've still applied if I knew but...yeah that's a deal breaker for me I guess

10 days, guys!! People who interviewed yesterday, how did it go/what did you think?!?!
Ditto pikachurro. I went in with a pretty set opinion that it's too expensive to justify and everyone would be pretentious. I could not be more wrong. I got the best vibes of any school i've interviewed at and learned a lot about the school that appeals to me and makes the price justifiable. The interview was extremely laidback too. Its just a conversation with an alum with everyone else interviewing around you in a big hall. Overall, blown away.

Stats:
sGPA/cGPA: 3.1, 3.4
DAT AA/TS/PAT/reading/any section below 17: 24/23/19/25/no

So excited to hear back! Hoping for the best!

For those who received interviews did you receive any confirmation email that your application was complete/under review? just wanted to make sure if it is normal to not get this email.

Had my interview recently - I also loved my time there but I wouldn't be able to justify going there over somewhere like UCLA (if given the choice). Honestly I never checked Columbia's tuition before I applied and it's just as bad as most privates lol. I would've still applied if I knew but...yeah that's a deal breaker for me I guess

100% completely understandable. If I am forced with the same situation (fingers crossed) I will have to do a lot of thinking. I'm constantly reminding myself that it isn't just monopoly money. I am in a slightly unique financial situation so I am not considering the money aspect nearly as much as I should be but in my opinion there is no better reason for turning down a school than it costing too much, especially in a degree where we all end up in pretty much the same place in the end.

Ditto pikachurro. I went in with a pretty set opinion that it's too expensive to justify and everyone would be pretentious. I could not be more wrong. I got the best vibes of any school i've interviewed at and learned a lot about the school that appeals to me and makes the price justifiable. The interview was extremely laidback too. Its just a conversation with an alum with everyone else interviewing around you in a big hall. Overall, blown away.

So excited to hear back! Hoping for the best!

I went in with a pretty high expectation but it still blew my head off. 9 days until I/we (hopefully) find out :-D. They put a ton of people on the waitlist and the majority make it off but it would be so nice to know right now so I don't have to put down and lose a deposit on another school.

For those who received interviews did you receive any confirmation email that your application was complete/under review? just wanted to make sure if it is normal to not get this email.

I recieved a 'Columbia Recieved AADSAS' email
Then a 'Columbia - Missing Supplimental Fee' email
Then an order confirmation of the payment
Then a 'Columbia - Recieved Supplimental Fee' email
Then a few weeks later an 'Invitation for Interview' email

if I haven't received an interview invite yet does this automatically mean I'm going to be rejected december 1?

to columbia : say something i'm giving up on you...

if I haven't received an interview invite yet does this automatically mean I'm going to be rejected december 1?

I doubt it.. Columbia is my first choice and I am also waiting for an interview..

Stats
sGPA:3.1 cGPA 3.0 :oops:
DAT AA26/TS26/PAT22

Also, does Columbia like/dislike sending them email or calling them regards to application status?
I know some schools like it when students constantly call them and show their enthusiasm for their school.

Just noticed this school had by far the most stars next to it's name!! Less than 5 days (114 hours) til we know :0

I doubt it.. Columbia is my first choice and I am also waiting for an interview..

I'm rooting for you dude! I wouldn't call, but if you did/do it's not the end of the world

Just noticed this school had by far the most stars next to it's name!! Less than 5 days (114 hours) til we know :0

I'm rooting for you dude! I wouldn't call, but if you did/do it's not the end of the world

Thanks RD!! :woot:

Accepted email at 5:25am pacific