*********OFFICIAL COLUMBIA C/O 2020 INTERVIEW/ACCEPTANCE*****

Still no interview invite:(

Members don't see this ad.

interview on the eighth so excited and so nervous , any advice anyone who has interviewed already?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It's very, very doubtful that they're done already.

Edit: To clarify, when I interviewed, the students leading us around all got in post-December. At least from what I remember. They also said that it was a "very good sign" that we were interviewing so early, and to not worry if we didn't get accepted immediately on December 1. They stressed that they interview a lot of people after December, and that a ton of people from their class got accepted as late as April.

you were right! interview invite today

Can anyone who recently signed up for an interview tell me if they emailed you back quick?

They just sent me an update today that they ran out of january interview dates, and that I could only choose from february dates now (no march).

Can anyone who recently signed up for an interview tell me if they emailed you back quick?

They just sent me an update today that they ran out of january interview dates, and that I could only choose from february dates now (no march).

Yesterday night I emailed them two dates that worked best for me and they emailed me this morning to confirm my January 29th interview!

Reactions: 2 users

I emailed them last night and I got a response at 12pm today for my interview on January 29th!!!! WOOOTTTTT!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else interviewing on Jan 22?

Out of curiosity, is anyone considering Columbia with no intentions of specializing?

Last edited:
Accepted! Emailed yesterday at 3:09pm. Interviewed on Dec 4th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got accepted today via email. I interviewed on December 4th also.
I'll be seeing you guys in the fall.

Are they not sending out in batches anymore?

This was literally the greatest interview I had , I felt so welcome and impressed , I really had that wow I love this school epiphany , I'm praying so hard that I get in

Reactions: 4 users
This was literally the greatest interview I had , I felt so welcome and impressed , I really had that wow I love this school epiphany , I'm praying so hard that I get in

Haha stop man, you're killing me over here. I've been dying for that interview, the school sounds phenomenal

Praying and hoping harder than ever in my life for an acceptance email , how long should it take? I interviewed on the 8th?

How long did it take for u to get ur answer from when u interviewed? Like how long do you think it'll take them? Sorry for asking I'm just so nervous I wanna go so badly lol
Mine took about a month but I got accepted on December 1st....

Interviewing tomorrow... Is the lunch as good as they say it is?

How long did it take for u to get ur answer from when u interviewed? Like how long do you think it'll take them? Sorry for asking I'm just so nervous I wanna go so badly lol

I interviewed mid late November and heard back Dec 1, but I believe only three people in my interview group were reviewed and many have yet to hear back.

did the lunch change your life???
It did not, but it was certainly the best lunch I had on an interview, and that includes my former life.

For those who are curious, the lunch was buffet-style. A long table was outfitted with white linen and several platters of cold and warm foods, with heating elements for the warm dishes. From what I recall, the menu consisted of several salads (greens and pastas), marinated portobello slices, swordfish in butter and wine, chicken and tortellini in a creamy red sauce, a basket of rolls, and a crawfish chowder. There were other things that I am presently forgetting. No wine was served.

Good luck to those interviewing this Friday; don't forget to use your napkin.

It did not, but it was certainly the best lunch I had on an interview, and that includes my former life.

For those who are curious, the lunch was buffet-style. A long table was outfitted with white linen and several platters of cold and warm foods, with heating elements for the warm dishes. From what I recall, the menu consisted of several salads (greens and pastas), marinated portobello slices, swordfish in butter and wine, chicken and tortellini in a creamy red sauce, a basket of rolls, and a crawfish chowder. There were other things that I am presently forgetting. No wine was served.

Good luck to those interviewing this Friday; don't forget to use your napkin.

If you interviewed the first day, you got a sandwich in a box...

Does anyone know if Columbia is done with interview invites ?

Has anyone heard anything about Jan 8th interview? A dental student leader at the interview told me that one would expect to hear back in about 2 weeks.

i haven't heard anything , were you there that day too?
No, I was there a week later. Did you receive any email from Columbia after your interview?
I thought we are supposed to get a list of email addresses of interviewers and student interview leaders.

I got an email the afternoon of the interview that had a link to a survey about the day, and the list of emails attached. The email list I received only had the students on it; no interviewers.

I got an email the afternoon of the interview that had a link to a survey about the day, and the list of emails attached. The email list I received only had the students on it; no interviewers.
Could you please tell me the email address of the sender? I just double checked my gmail(including the spam folder) , and I can confirm that I have not received anything from Columbia after my interview. I heard about someone who was invited for interview never received the invite email.

Last edited:
I have a cold. I can't not taste things during this lunch. It has been my silver lining for a month now...

^ This Friday! And yeah im pulling out the works to get better

I highly enjoyed Columbia! I hope I get in!!!! Good luck to all my fellow hopefuls! I'll let you know if the Columbia Gods want me to attend!

Did they happen to tell any of you who interviewed recently when they would be sending out the next round of acceptances?

rejected without interview

dat: 24/24/18
gpa: science 3.63 overall 3.67

Any idea how often people get accepted off the alternate list?