*********OFFICIAL COLUMBIA C/O 2020 INTERVIEW/ACCEPTANCE*****

Any idea how often people get accepted off the alternate list?
Did they send out an alternate list email?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
she said it averages about 20 people / year for waitlist offers

Does everyone who interview make the waitlist eventually? (basically asking if that is a 20/40 chance or a 20/140 chance haha)

Last edited:
I interviewed in October and wasn't waitlisted yesterday or today... no clue if that's good or bad

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed in mid January but still, sounds like wait list and no-interview rejections went out but haven't seen any interviewed-rejections or acceptances. Not sure what to make of it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed in mid January but still, sounds like wait list and no-interview rejections went out but haven't seen any interviewed-rejections or acceptances. Not sure what to make of it.
Yeah they really know how to keep you on your toes.

I feel like they're doing 'something' everyday so by the weekend we should have a better idea where we all stand

Reactions: 1 users
I'm interviewing on Friday. I'm not interviewing for a potential spot on the waitlist am I?

I'm interviewing on Friday. I'm not interviewing for a potential spot on the waitlist am I?
I have no definitive answer for you, but I can tell you that there was a lot of talk about how some of their favorite students were accepted pretty late in the cycle so they actively seek out people to fill their class well past what most schools do. Purely speculatory but I would assume that they wouldn't interview you without a spot to put you in if they love you.

Braving the snow for this interview.. Excited to see what this school has to offer! Particularly the raved about lunch ;)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Lol at braving the snow, this winter has been child's play except for that one storm that was normal but everyone freaked out over. Lunch will change your life though!
Dude, We've had almosy no snow, I can barely go skiing.

Lol at braving the snow, this winter has been child's play except for that one storm that was normal but everyone freaked out over. Lunch will change your life though!
I go to school in the Midwest so I'm used to it, we just got hit with 2-3 inches right around rush hour getting into the city this morning. Lunch was absolute bomb though

I go to school in the Midwest so I'm used to it, we just got hit with 2-3 inches right around rush hour getting into the city this morning. Lunch was absolute bomb though

Hey try to ask when you think we'll hear something lol

Hey try to ask when you think we'll hear something lol
Ahhh too late I'm already on the road but she said the class is not yet full, interviews go for two more weeks. I imagine the class will start to fill up by march

Just want to warn people. 10 fourth years didn't match this year, several failed a portion of their NERB and had to retake it. If you're coming here to specialize, don't think that the name of this school will carry as much weight as you think it will. I can't wait to get out of this place.

Just want to warn people. 10 fourth years didn't match this year, several failed a portion of their NERB and had to retake it. If you're coming here to specialize, don't think that the name of this school will carry as much weight as you think it will. I can't wait to get out of this place.
Troll account. Please ignore.

Reactions: 2 users
We were told at my interview that 9/9 matched for OS and 9/10 matched for ortho this year. Its clear that if you want to match you need to put in the work, but that Columbia offers the opportunity to do that. I'm sure some people will slack off with the H/P/F grading system and try to ride the name, but a good student wouldn't risk that IMO.

We were told at my interview that 9/9 matched for OS and 9/10 matched for ortho this year. Its clear that if you want to match you need to put in the work, but that Columbia offers the opportunity to do that. I'm sure some people will slack off with the H/P/F grading system and try to ride the name, but a good student wouldn't risk that IMO.

Peds went 8/12. Most of the people who didn't match didn't get Peds and GPR. Still kinda unacceptable for a school that brags about specialty rates.

Peds went 8/12. Most of the people who didn't match didn't get Peds and GPR. Still kinda unacceptable for a school that brags about specialty rates.
To be fair, Peds is becoming the most competitive speciality of recent. Placing 20% of their class in OS is impressive, imo.

Considering it's still above tha national average, it seems pretty braggable

Fist bump

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

So I was perusing last years thread.. they sent out a wave of notifications around 2/26.. I'm assuming they may do the same after they interview the last applicants this Friday. But it could be later this year.. :shrug:

So I was perusing last years thread.. they sent out a wave of notifications around 2/26.. I'm assuming they may do the same after they interview the last applicants this Friday. But it could be later this year.. :shrug:
do you know if anyone from January has heard anything?

Someone call them and report back immediately

Accepted!!!!!!!!!! Notified via email today (2/23) at 10:27. This is my first acceptance and I couldn't be more ecstatic!!!!!!

Accepted 10:27 am , this is the greatest day of my life

congrats to those accepted! when did you all interview?