***Official Columbia University c/o 2014 Acceptance Thread***

Drillingteeth

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought we deserved an official thread as well! Who's all been accepted!?? and if more importantly, who plans on committing? Congrats to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

accepted, but i'm still unsure of where i'll end up.

congratulations to the both of you. When were your applications submitted and why are there only two individuals on the student doctor network who have applied and replied to this thread? I'm assuming it is due to such a low number of invites to interview! :)

I too have applied however... have received good news from all of the schools that I applied to (Harvard, Tufts, UPenn, UConn, UMDNJ, BU, NYU,) except for Columbia.

This is something that I am incredibly concerned about. Is it just that people have not heard back from Columbia in general? Also... what do you suggest I do if the deadline for a response to one of these Universities approaches and there still is no response from Columbia Dental?

I hope to hear from someone soon.

Take care

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll trade you columbia spot for my penn spot .... do we have a deal ?

btw, they should totally let us do this kind of stuff:idea:

congratulations to the both of you. When were your applications submitted and why are there only two individuals on the student doctor network who have applied and replied to this thread? I'm assuming it is due to such a low number of invites to interview! :)

I too have applied however... have received good news from all of the schools that I applied to (Harvard, Tufts, UPenn, UConn, UMDNJ, BU, NYU,) except for Columbia.

This is something that I am incredibly concerned about. Is it just that people have not heard back from Columbia in general? Also... what do you suggest I do if the deadline for a response to one of these Universities approaches and there still is no response from Columbia Dental?

I hope to hear from someone soon.

Take care

Anybody wanna trade my Columbia spot for UCSF?

70% going to go.. my parents want to visit it before we put in our deposit lol. How come there's no facebook group yet.. i want to join.. but dont want to make one :(.

I am going to Columbia! See you guys in the fall.

Is anyone going to live in the Washington Heights housing?

accepted! unsure if i will be attending but leaning towards it :)

Homing Swan, is the Washington hts housing the Columbia on campus housing?

aw man im soooo jealous. getting a columbia acceptance letter tomorrow would be the best birthday present EVAR

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations you guys. I'm still waiting for a response from columbia...

if you don't mind sharing, when was the letter postmarked and where are you located?

Strangely, it is postmarked Dec 1st.

and it went to my home address which is in MA.......

Strangely, it is postmarked Dec 1st.

and it went to my home address which is in MA.......

That's so bizarre. Well congrats! I'm keeping my fingers crossed :xf:

just got accepted today! hooray!

Congratulations!
Did you get the email that corrected the year? (from 2013 to 2014)
so.. did you already know that you got accepted before you got the letter?
I'm still waiting for Columbia and I also live in MA
But I never got the Email :(
Thanks!!

70% going to go.. my parents want to visit it before we put in our deposit lol. How come there's no facebook group yet.. i want to join.. but dont want to make one :(.

Don't hesitate to make a facebook group! It's a great way to connect with your future classmates!

And I have to admit, us current students would like to see also :)

Hey any of you receive the Dean's Scholarship? If not, do you guys have any idea what the academics are like for people who do?

Still no facebook group lol..

and what dean scholarship? I dont remember any1 mentioning that. I thought only UPenn has that..

http://dental.columbia.edu/CDMBULLETIN06-07.pdf

Page 40 (43 of 78 in pdf) under Academic Scholarships.

Oh wow, thanks. They didn't bring it up during the financial aid session.. i guess since there's only 2-3 of them.. they dont want to give every1 false hope of getting it. I remember a bunch of us leaving that day.. saying how we wished Columbia has something like UPenn's dean scholar.. now they do.

Yeah I wonder what stats are like for people who got it...

Yeah I wonder what stats are like for people who got it...

I got a letter from McManus saying I got the Dean's Scholarship. My stats are super stellar but pretty good. I have a predents if you want to check. Still debating between Columbia, BU, and UNC though. They all have given scholarships so I don't know if I'll accept Columbia or not yet.

As for those that are wondering if I'm leaning towards Columbia or not, I'm not a big person on the "name" of the school. So the whole Ivy vs others things doesn't factor into my decision. All 3 I mentioned have great programs, different teaching methods though.

I got a letter from McManus saying I got the Dean's Scholarship. My stats are super stellar but pretty good. I have a predents if you want to check. Still debating between Columbia, BU, and UNC though. They all have given scholarships so I don't know if I'll accept Columbia or not yet.

As for those that are wondering if I'm leaning towards Columbia or not, I'm not a big person on the "name" of the school. So the whole Ivy vs others things doesn't factor into my decision. All 3 I mentioned have great programs, different teaching methods though.
Cool, thanks for responding. Did you get the scholarship letter with your acceptance?

I was wondering if any of you have some insight on the housing situation around campus. It seems like most of the options offered by Columbia are small and kitchenless for the most part. I know almost everything in the area is likely to be small and expensive, but I am just looking for any tips on where to look or anything like that.

UCSF rejected me today which means I am definitely going to Columbia for dental school. Although I really was hoping for UCSF, its such a relief to know where I am headed, especially to such a great school like Columbia.

Who else is gonna be there in August?

Does anyone know whether all of Columbia's classes are recorded?

who's moving in from outta state?

If accepted, which is first? snail mail or aadsas update?

And for those who interviewed in January, how long did it take to hear back from them either via snail mail or aadsas update?

Thanks!

If accepted, which is first? snail mail or aadsas update?

And for those who interviewed in January, how long did it take to hear back from them either via snail mail or aadsas update?

Thanks!

I was wondering the same thing. I remembered Dr. McManus saying snail mail would be first though.

Could you tell me when your interview was? Thanks!

Does anyone have an updated course schedule? Everything online is outdated, who did their homework during the interview haha?

I got in to USC on 12/1, paid $500 deposit on 1/12, got accepted from Columbia on 1/22, and paid $2000 deposit again. I guess I'll be seeing you all in August. Think I made a good choice choosing Columbia over USC?

Another thing is about housing. I saw the threads from 2008 that Columbia send out housing application over snail mail in March. Do they still do that this year? Because it seems like I can apply online already...

http://www.cumc-housing.columbia.edu/index.html