Official: Countdown until October 15th, 2006 Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Haemulon

Slippery When Wet
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, this may or may not be a lame idea. But I was thinking that many of us have already started anxiously awaiting the first official release of acceptances for the general applicant pool. This is the place to discuss anything related to the acceptance release, early unofficial acceptance information (such as by calling the schools ahead of that time), and general sharing the anxiety/excitement of waiting with your SDN buds.

As for me, I think I have a shot at hearing from one school in the first batch. I know all of us would feel a lot better about having an acceptance this Fall. It would definitely make the rest of the process go a lot smoother, if not end it all together if it was the first choice. :)

26 Days to go!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Damn, the 15th cannot come soon enough!

Damn, the 15th cannot come soon enough!

I'm actually hoping to find out something sooner, even though it won't be the official letter. How killer would that be. I mean, even if wern't until sometime the week of the 15th it would still be killer. Talk about a huge wait to start school after that though! :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, this may or may not be a lame idea. But I was thinking that many of us have already started anxiously awaiting the first official release of acceptances for the general applicant pool. This is the place to discuss anything related to the acceptance release, early unofficial acceptance information (such as by calling the schools ahead of that time), and general sharing the anxiety/excitement of waiting with your SDN buds.

As for me, I think I have a shot at hearing from one school in the first batch. I know all of us would feel a lot better about having an acceptance this Fall. It would definitely make the rest of the process go a lot smoother, if not end it all together if it was the first choice. :)

26 Days to go!!!!!

I have a countdown clock on my desktop that runs 24/7. Sometimes I watch the seconds of my life tick away, inching itself ever close to that final moment of truth, that fateful date that will either lift me to new heights or bury my hopes beneath a mile high pile of rotting feces.

I need to get out.

Talk about a huge wait to start school after that though! :eek:

This entire process is just one big waiting game. This includes but is not limited to... waiting for AMCAS verification, for LOR writers to finish letters, for schools to send secondaries, for schools to acknowledge complete file, for interview invitations, for removal from hold status, for interview decisions, for waitlist movement, for rejections, and (best of all) for acceptance(s). Even then, one has to wait to either re-apply or to actually matriculate.

This entire process is just one big waiting game. This includes but is not limited to... waiting for AMCAS verification, for LOR writers to finish letters, for schools to send secondaries, for schools to acknowledge complete file, for interview invitations, for removal from hold status, for interview decisions, for waitlist movement, for rejections, and (best of all) for acceptance(s). Even then, one has to wait to either re-apply or to actually matriculate.

You said it man. I am ready to start. I want to start smelling those cadavers and then go bleary-eyed reading thousands of pages of text and powerpoint slides.

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think thats it in a nutshell

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think thats it in a nutshell

I have a desktop countdown widget, too... and it literally says:
26 Days unitl AAHHHH!

god.. imagine how easy the rest of your year would be if you got in on the 15th tho... i'd just get C's in all my classes and drink myself thru the rest of college.

god.. imagine how easy the rest of your year would be if you got in on the 15th tho... i'd just get C's in all my classes and drink myself thru the rest of college.

and then reapply next cycle

Hey, I get your point. But be careful about the C's, the schools can require you to maintain your standard of academic performance and can withdraw their offer of acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
and if they don't send out letters till the sixteenth (monday, right?) then we might not get them until the 18th....darn

and if they don't send out letters till the sixteenth (monday, right?) then we might not get them until the 18th....darn

You probably could just call them on the 16th if they have your final decision.

You probably could just call them on the 16th if they have your final decision.

thats a slippery slope...on the phone they tell you "your are accepted, congradualations". then 5 days later you open your accpetance letter (snail mail) and it says " thank you (insert your name here) for applying to our school we however regret to inform you that you have been REJECTED"

boy that would just SUCK!

I'm actually hoping to find out something sooner, even though it won't be the official letter. How killer would that be. I mean, even if wern't until sometime the week of the 15th it would still be killer. Talk about a huge wait to start school after that though! :eek:

would you possibly be talking about a certain school at which we both interviewed at? that may have said that we can call ahead of time? b/c that's certainly my plan :D

Whohoo, another countdown!

And Robizzle, I couldn't agree more with your post-acceptance plan. :thumbup:

The 15th is a Sunday. Like it or not we won't hear until the 16th by email or later by snail mail. :mad: :(

Isn't October 15 around the time that August MCAT scores are released too?

The 15th is a Sunday. Like it or not we won't hear until the 16th by email or later by snail mail. :mad: :(

Actually, Michigan told me and my interview group that they will release the decisions on Midnight, Oct 15. They have even listed Oct 15 in MSAR, while most others say Oct 16.

Damn. I wish I had applied to Michigan :(

Actually, on second thought, it's way too cold in Ann Arbor.

Damn. I wish I had applied to Michigan :(

Actually, on second thought, it's way too cold in Ann Arbor.

would you possibly be talking about a certain school at which we both interviewed at? that may have said that we can call ahead of time? b/c that's certainly my plan :D

:laugh: Hmmmm. I quite possibly could be referring to that certain school. :D
How many weeks are you waiting before you call? I am having a hard time restraining myself but am pretty sure I should wait a while longer.

See y'all were complaining about all us TX folks getting interviews early. But now we have to wait til Nov. 15th :mad: for our state schools.

BTW, I endorse this thread :thumbup: I need another countdown thread to entertain me :laugh:

:laugh: Hmmmm. I quite possibly could be referring to that certain school. :D
How many weeks are you waiting before you call? I am having a hard time restraining myself but am pretty sure I should wait a while longer.

I'm also going with the three weeks that they said. And with that, I will call on my interview 3 week mark, but i'm sure they will just tell me to call back next week (which is the first week of october).....A WEEK AND A HALF DOWN!

i just realized how much i hate countdowns. I find the time goes by much faster if I don't think about it, keep myself busy, and then suddenly find that it's mid-October! But now I'll be counting :scared:

i'll have 6 interviews done by october 15...but two are the 9th and the 11th. it'd be AMAZING if those two schools worked really quickly :D even if they don't, though, i'm hoping to hear news from at least 4 schools that weekend...and i'm hoping it's good news so i can stop traveling and get caught up on schoolwork!

I've got one interview I'm hoping it might be possible to hear from on the fifteenth (interview 9/26, come on NJMS!), and a few others before 10/15 but they're in October so I'm not holding out much hope for them.

good call on making this thread, haemulon.

i definitely won't know anything by oct. 15 considering my first interview is actually scheduled during the week after oct. 15. i would have gone with earlier, but it saved me buying a plane ticket, so what can you do?

good :luck: to all those who are waiting! :thumbup:

This thread rocks. I am anxiously awaiting the week of October 16th. If I hear good news, boy oh boy, serious partying and video game playing will commence. :cool:

:luck: Everyone!

After my interview, I was told that I would hear more near the end of October so no 16th action for me unless I hear from UIC soon:)

For everyone who is waiting on the 16th, good luck!

loving this thread! I have two schools I could hear from by the 16th, and it would save me some unneccessary interview trips, not to mention a heck of a lot of anxiety.

This thread rocks. I am anxiously awaiting the week of October 16th. If I hear good news, boy oh boy, serious partying and video game playing will commence. :cool:

:luck: Everyone!

I concur. The acquisition of interviews has already made me lose all focus in class. I can only imagine what an acceptance would do. :scared:

I concur. The acquisition of interviews has already made me lose all focus in class. I can only imagine what an acceptance would do. :scared:

I find it nearly impossible to keep up with my classes in between juggling interviews, finishing more secondaries, and just being in the application cycle.

Yeah, it's my interviews that made me lose focus in class. That's it. It has nothing to do with the hottie that sits on the front row. :laugh:

I have a question. If you go to an interview before Oct 15th, say the first week of Oct, will you definitely be notified around Oct 15th, or does it depend on the school?

I have a question. If you go to an interview before Oct 15th, say the first week of Oct, will you definitely be notified around Oct 15th, or does it depend on the school?

It really depends. For one school I interviewed at the answer was yes, for the other no.

I can't wait. My top choice, I interviewed during the first week of interviews so I'm hoping htey would have decisions made by then. I hate waiting. I want to know now!

I am hoping to hear back from one of my highest choices that I interviewed at this week. They historically get back to students quick. So I hope I hear back soon! Good luck everyone :) :luck:

If anyone here can time travel, check out the acceptance thread a month from now and see if I am on it.

-Thanks