***Official Creighton University Class of 2019 Interview/ Acceptane Thread***

Were they pretty flexible when you called to schedule your interview date?

Members don't see this ad.

Were they pretty flexible when you called to schedule your interview date?

Yeah, they had one date in August and like 20 in September. However I had October 14 in mind, so as soon as they mentioned it was open I jumped on it!

do you have to do your first year in Pocatello if you go through IDEP or can go you straight to Omaha?
If you put Idaho as your resident state then the automatically forward your application to them. As far as I know you have to complete your first year in Pocatello.

Members don't see this ad :)
I completed mine early July and emailed the admissions regarding my qualification. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting on my interview invitation. I have to keep praying for a miracle!

School: Creighton
Residency: MN
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/9/2014
Application complete date: 7/30/2014
Interview Invitation: 8/15/2014
GPA (science, overall) 3.56, 3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/17/20/24/ochem and biology <-- (whoops)
Interview Date: 9/8/2014

For the supplemental, I did not use any more space than provided and used a smiling passport photo in a simple v-neck tee.

Last edited:
do you have to do your first year in Pocatello if you go through IDEP or can go you straight to Omaha?
Ya you have to do your first year in Pocatello and interviews are solely through idep Creighton doesn't touch your application except to send it to them... And for me I had to fill out a residency form to apply as well.

I never post on here, but I'm doing some last minute interview tips
Got my Creighton invitation July 22nd
My interview is tomorrow!!! o_O It's my first interview so I'm a bit freaked

I never post on here, but I'm doing some last minute interview tips
Got my Creighton invitation July 22nd
My interview is tomorrow!!! o_O It's my first interview so I'm a bit freaked

If you haven't had it yet today, don't worry at all. It is absolutely the most laid back interview that I have ever attended.

Any IDEP folks heard back yet? Was wondering when they do interviews in Pocatello.

Nope I'm IDEP and haven't heard. I know two people in the program this year and they both said they dont think they have offered interviews yet. They said last year they were given an interview invite at the end of September. And this year I heard they are changing up how they do interviews so it may take a little longer to hear since they have to get their ducks in a row. They used to do 3-4 interviews a day but I guess this year they plan on doing about 10/day?! Please let me know if u hear!

Jeez 10 a day?? Dont they normally have only about 60 applicants or so? I wonder if they're interviewing more this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Jeez 10 a day?? Dont they normally have only about 60 applicants or so? I wonder if they're interviewing more this year.
Well I know a couple of the previous years there have been 100-150 applicants?! Lets hope this year they don't have that many! And also, I know that they evaluate your application with a point system ... and they try to accept an even proportion of applicants from all areas of the state! That is at least what my friend who is in it now said. Lets just hope they send offers soon!

School: Creighton
Notification date: 9/15/2014
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: NM
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/07/2014
Application complete date: 8/29/2014
GPA (science, overall) 3.8, 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading): 20/20/19/17
Interview Date: 10/13/2014

So excited! They only have 4 dates left in September and about 4 or 5 dates left in October when I called this morning! Not too sure if they continue into November, all I asked about were the September and October dates.

Yow! 100-150 applicants for those 8 seats? I didn't even know we had that many pre-dents in our state!

Hey guys,

How strict is Creighton about having a non science professor recommendation letter? Their website says "Each applicant must have three recommendations submitted, two by instructors in science and one by an instructor in a non-science department." Those that have gotten interviews, did all of you have this requirement? I have submitted maximum amount of letters in AADSAS, and non of them are from non-science professor. Thanks in advance!

Hey guys,

How strict is Creighton about having a non science professor recommendation letter? Their website says "Each applicant must have three recommendations submitted, two by instructors in science and one by an instructor in a non-science department." Those that have gotten interviews, did all of you have this requirement? I have submitted maximum amount of letters in AADSAS, and non of them are from non-science professor. Thanks in advance!

I interviewed at Creighton a few weeks ago and my third professor letter was from one in the MST department so I would still consider him a science professor even though the classes I took from him were leadership/ethics classes.

Hey guys,

I had 2 sciences and a poetry/writing teacher. I would call. The office is super friendly and they may request that you send another by mail. They may even just accept what you have.

Dang it. When did they email you for an interview?

They emailed on the 22nd and confirmed on the 23rd.

What has the interview been like for those that have been? I interview October 13

Not a word from IDEP on my end. I'm gonna take that as a no.....

My aadsas portal has been marked complete since 7/16 and I've never heard from creighton for an interview. Sad sad day

Are they still sending pre-dec interviews and do they send interviews without supplement apps?

Are they still sending pre-dec interviews and do they send interviews without supplement apps?

They give you a link to the supplemental in the email when you submit your AADSAS.
Perhaps you just forgot about it even though you submitted since it's been few months..??
You should have completed the supplemental and mailed them to the school with your photograph.

I got the app complete email on 7/30 but haven't heard from them :(

I have my IDEP interview on the 14th. Anybody on here who interviewed on the 7th? I know that was the only other day that they are doing them.

Anybody else here have their IDEP interview on Nov. 4th? According to the list there are only three of us interviewing on that date (apparently they accidentally invited three too many people for interviews and had to add an extra date, then randomized which student got which date).

Last edited:
Anyone get a status change in AADSAS to,"Please check back on December 1st..." ?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know someone who currently attends Creighton on these forums? Im trying to find some more information about the school that I forgot to ask about at the interview

Also, my status just changed to "Please Check Back Dec 1st for More information regarding your decision status for this school". Anyone else?

Also, my status just changed to "Please Check Back Dec 1st for More information regarding your decision status for this school". Anyone else?

Same! Interviewed at the end of August.

Mine did also, I'm interested to hear if anybody interviewed and didn't get this notification change. I interviewed there btw.

Mine did also, I'm interested to hear if anybody interviewed and didn't get this notification change. I interviewed there btw.

I interviewed in August. My status still reads "received/application complete". Probably not a good sign:(

Last edited:
I interview in August. My status still reads "received/application complete". Probably not a good sign:(
I wouldn't read too much into it, they might just be going through and making decisions and haven't reached your file yet.

I interviewed back in September and my status is still "Received/Application Complete"
I really hope this isnt a bad sign

dam

I interviewed back in September and my status is still "Received/Application Complete"
I really hope this isnt a bad sign

dam

I'm with you on that one. Like kerfufle said, I'm sure they haven't gotten to our applications! Maybe today??

actually I looked at some previous forums and it looks like people still had their status at recieved/application complete and recieved an acceptance

in fact the only time I saw the check back dec message was when I was rejected from a school O.O

actually I looked at some previous forums and it looks like people still had their status at recieved/application complete and recieved an acceptance

in fact the only time I saw the check back dec message was when I was rejected from a school O.O
I looked on last years thread and someone with the Dec 1 message was accepted. But i know what you're saying because right above Creighton is UNLV with the Check back Dec 1 message and they've already sent me a rejection email.

If you look at the trends it's pretty clear that the "Check back December 1" status just means that the school has entered their final decision for you, and no matter what the outcome (acceptance or rejection) the system is not allowed to show you until December 1st, this is why "Check back December 1st" will also appear when you've already received a rejection, because they have entered their final decision for you. Just my two cents

If you look at the trends it's pretty clear that the "Check back December 1" status just means that the school has entered their final decision for you, and no matter what the outcome (acceptance or rejection) the system is not allowed to show you until December 1st, this is why "Check back December 1st" will also appear when you've already received a rejection, because they have entered their final decision for you. Just my two cents

Then why would a school not enter a decision (I'm assuming a person who has a status remain "application complete" means it wasn't given a final decision) for some people but update others, especially when people are getting accepted both ways. It all seems so bizarre!

Then why would a school not enter a decision (I'm assuming a person who has a status remain "application complete" means it wasn't given a final decision) for some people but update others, especially when people are getting accepted both ways. It all seems so bizarre!
Most likely because a) they haven't reached your application yet b) they're waiting to make a decision based on how many seats they fill with their first round of acceptances c) waitlisted..............or d) we're all reading WAY too much into aadsas status' haha

Most likely because a) they haven't reached your application yet b) they're waiting to make a decision based on how many seats they fill with their first round of acceptances c) waitlisted..............or d) we're all reading WAY too much into aadsas status' haha
It's either try and decipher the code or study for biochem....

you what is really weird

how come people r already getting that status update now

from all previous threads that update started to come up for people nov 30 or a couple days before dec 1

im so stressed out right now its nuts

you what is really weird

how come people r already getting that status update now

from all previous threads that update started to come up for people nov 30 or a couple days before dec 1

im so stressed out right now its nuts
Probably because Thanksgiving is right before December 1st this year so they had to do it earlier