Choose wisely.

• Carolina Blue

Votes: 37 90.2%
  • Duke Blue

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After 51 attempts in 47 minutes ... interview scheduled! :claps:

So, who else is going on Sept 17th? I'll be the old bearded guy in a suit.

Also, to anyone who has done ECU's interview day before, what's it like? Just looking for a rough idea of scheduling, pace, how many applicants at each session, etc. I know there are three interviews in the morning between 8 am and 12 pm, then lunch, then a couple of presentations including the financial aid one in the afternoon. Can anyone fill in the gaps there?

Thanks, and looking forward to meeting any of you who are there!

Members don't see this ad.

For those who received invites to interview, what are the dates you scheduled them for? I'm just curious to see when they actually start.

Also, to anyone who has done ECU's interview day before, what's it like? Just looking for a rough idea of scheduling, pace, how many applicants at each session, etc. I know there are three interviews in the morning between 8 am and 12 pm, then lunch, then a couple of presentations including the financial aid one in the afternoon. Can anyone fill in the gaps there?

I have interviewed previously. It's very slow paced and relaxed. Pretty much laid out exactly as you described. There are 8 students per interview day if it's the same as last year! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

My interview is on Sept 17th as well! :nod:

I have interviewed previously. It's very slow paced and relaxed. Pretty much laid out exactly as you described. There are 8 students per interview day if it's the same as last year! Good luck!
Thanks for that. I'm guessing there's a fair amount of downtime between interviews then. Is it all faculty conducting the interviews? I know some places do a student interview as well.

Best of luck to you guys this year!

Last edited:
Thanks for that. I'm guessing there's a fair amount of downtime between interviews then. Is it all faculty conducting the interviews? I know some places do a student interview as well.

You will have a student interview. It's pretty laid back and they are there to get you warmed up for the day. You will have two faculty and Dr. Wilson will be there to talk to you guys as a whole. A little bit of downtime so make sure you use it wisely and talk to your other group members.

Has anyone received a confirmation email since they scheduled their interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Would you guys that have received interviews mind sharing your stats from admission. It would be much appreciated!

You will have a student interview. It's pretty laid back and they are there to get you warmed up for the day. You will have two faculty and Dr. Wilson will be there to talk to you guys as a whole. A little bit of downtime so make sure you use it wisely and talk to your other group members.

OK, thanks. Sounds like it will be a nice day!

Interviewing October 1st.

Does anyone know whether the interview is open or closed file?

I interviewed there last year I can try and answer... Can you explain what your question means though
Open file means the interviewer has access to all your stats and information. Closed file means they pretty much only know your name and nothing else about you (other than maybe where you went to school, but no statistics).

All interviewers besides the student will have access to your personal file. You won't usually see it lying in front of you as they have written notes about each candidate on a separate sheet.

Good luck!

Does ECU send out the secondary application after they receive the AADSAS application?

Does ECU send out the secondary application after they receive the AADSAS application?
Yes you should receive it by email after you submit your AADSAS but it is also available online before they send it to you.

i got an invite to interview today (via email)!
do they have interview dates EVERY Tuesday and Thursday or just select ones?
I'm super excited :D

How long did it take for your ECU app to show up in the system after your mail-out date, and for them to send an email re: the supplemental?

Yes you should receive it by email after you submit your AADSAS but it is also available online before they send it to you.
How long after your mail-out date? Thanks!

i got an invite to interview today (via email)!
do they have interview dates EVERY Tuesday and Thursday or just select ones?
I'm super excited :D

It'll usually depend on exam schedules and other events. Most of the time that's the case. Good luck!

How long after your mail-out date? Thanks!
It took about a week and a half for me to receive the email re: the supplemental application and AADSAS confirmation. I hope this helps those of you who were also wondering!

anyone on here care to share their stats? especially those that have received interviews from ECU already?

did any of you who went to the interviews stay at a hotel?
any recommendations??

any recommendations??

I'd recommend staying at the Courtyard or a friend's place if you have one nearby. I know some people drove the morning of the interview, but I didn't want to rush, get lost or have any other possible issues arise.

Reactions: 1 users
I see, good point! About how many in-state and out-state students were interviewed this time?

any recommendations??

The microtel hotel is literally within walking distance of the dental school:

450 Moye Blvd, Greenville, NC 27834

Does any know how many students have ECU interviewed so far? I submitted everything in July, never heard from it. worrying!

Does any know how many students have ECU interviewed so far? I submitted everything in July, never heard from it. worrying!

It's been about two weeks of interview groups.

Crickets. Chirp chirp chirp

Reactions: 3 users
Well, I'm pretty sure they've forgotten about me. So much for my 22 AA... :(

Me too! I am in the same boat with you. I do not know want to do.

I had my interview and so did many of my other classmates post-December. Best of luck!