*** Official ECU Class of 2020 Thread ***

Choose wisely.

• Carolina Blue

Votes: 37 90.2%
  • Duke Blue

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Got the acceptance email/phone call this morning!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Haven't been on here in so long but to those of you who have not interviewed or have interviewed and haven't gotten in, there is plenty of time left. I am a D1 now at ECU and was accepted post December so hang in there. If you have any questions, feel free to message me. Good luck to everyone, those who have gotten in, really utilize your time wisely between now and the start of school and have some fun!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't been on here in so long but to those of you who have not interviewed or have interviewed and haven't gotten in, there is plenty of time left. I am a D1 now at ECU and was accepted post December so hang in there. If you have any questions, feel free to message me. Good luck to everyone, those who have gotten in, really utilize your time wisely between now and the start of school and have some fun!
Sweet. Ive been accepted somewhere else but still really hoping for ECU!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know when the next big batch of acceptances will be given out? I heard it was at the end of January? Correct me if I am wrong.

Anyone know when the next big batch of acceptances will be given out? I heard it was at the end of January? Correct me if I am wrong.

It's rolling at this point. UNC does batches, not ECU.

Reactions: 1 users
Declined the offer:oops:, hope someone else gets the spot! Good luck!

I have a slight suspicion that they just wait longer to take action in the application process because they know that some of their most qualified candidates will choose UNC.

UNC has a wonderful dental school with top notch students. However, ECU doesn't speculate on where they think candidates will choose. It's easy to fall into this mindset, but I can tell you with certainty that it isn't a position that the school takes. We choose the most qualified students who will fill our mission statement. Some students will choose UNC, and that's perfectly fine. You really need to check out both schools to see which one is right for you. Many of my classmates were accepted into both, but chose ECU for a number of reasons.

Making assumptions about ECU based on a superiority complex is petty, and will not help you sleep at night IF you don't get into either school.

Reactions: 5 users
UNC has a wonderful dental school with top notch students. However, ECU doesn't speculate on where they think candidates will choose. It's easy to fall into this mindset, but I can tell you with certainty that it isn't a position that the school takes. We choose the most qualified students who will fill our mission statement. Some students will choose UNC, and that's perfectly fine. You really need to check out both schools to see which one is right for you. Many of my classmates were accepted into both, but chose ECU for a number of reasons.

Making assumptions about ECU based on a superiority complex is petty, and will not help you sleep at night IF you don't get into either school.

I did not mean for my comments to demean ECU AT ALL. I would be absolutely honored to go there and have heard amazing things. It's a simple fact that schools compete for the best candidates (like we compete for the best schools) and that ANY newer school will have slightly less power to draw students than an established one, especially one with the research funding UNC is able to generate. I've seen your school's average NBDE scores and they are exceptional.

I did not mean for my comments to demean ECU AT ALL. I would be absolutely honored to go there and have heard amazing things. It's a simple fact that schools compete for the best candidates (like we compete for the best schools) and that ANY newer school will have slightly less power to draw students than an established one, especially one with the research funding UNC is able to generate. I've seen your school's average NBDE scores and they are exceptional.

Don't stress, I know what you're trying to say. I just want to reiterate that it's not a competition against one school. We want the most qualified students that will help fulfill our mission.

That being said, when you interview don't come in with preconceived notions about how our school feels about you. There no such thing as too qualified, and if you're interviewing then you are obviously qualified enough to be considered. Go into it with that mindset, be yourself, and all of you will do great.

*If anyone is stressing out and wants to ask me, or my classmate PMON, any questions please do! Were just starting to get into the fun stuff of dental school and we'd be happy to help advise you in any way!*

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't stress, I know what you're trying to say. I just want to reiterate that it's not a competition against one school. We want the most qualified students that will help fulfill our mission.

That being said, when you interview don't come in with preconceived notions about how our school feels about you. There no such thing as too qualified, and if you're interviewing then you are obviously qualified enough to be considered. Go into it with that mindset, be yourself, and all of you will do great.

*If anyone is stressing out and wants to ask me, or my classmate PMON, any questions please do! Were just starting to get into the fun stuff of dental school and we'd be happy to help advise you in any way!*

I agree with WolfpackSigeEp....if anyone has any questions, feel free to contact either one of us. We will do our best to help fill you in and inform you of what questions you may have for us.

Anyone else get the continued interested email yesterday?

Reactions: 2 users
I did as well. What does this mean?
I received an email last week asking if I want to remain an active applicant and how my "professional aspirations" are in line with the missions and values of ECU. Is this the same one you guys got? I sent a long reply that I hoped was thoughtful, but have not heard a response. Please give me a chance ECU.

I received an email last week asking if I want to remain an active applicant and how my "professional aspirations" are in line with the missions and values of ECU. Is this the same one you guys got? I sent a long reply that I hoped was thoughtful, but have not heard a response. Please give me a chance ECU.

I received the email yesterday. The email that I got only asked if I am still interested in the school and if I am I needed to just reply with an email stating that I am still interested. Seems like you got a completely different email than what I got.

Anyone else get the "continued interest" e-mail?
I received the email yesterday. The email that I got only asked if I am still interested in the school and if I am I needed to just reply with an email stating that I am still interested. Seems like you got a completely different email than what I got.
Yeah I got the continued interest e-mail too. I think ECU is just asking us if we are still interested in pursuing admissions there so that they have a more narrow pool of applications to work with and can discard all the people who aren't interested.

Anybody know when we might be hearing some news? They say they are on a rolling admissions, but this thread hasn't heard any good news in a while.

Anybody know when we might be hearing some news? They say they are on a rolling admissions, but this thread hasn't heard any good news in a while.

DentalFarkles, did you get a chance to interview sometime at ECU and/or get the continued interest email from them last week?

Does anyone know if they are still interviewing or have any recommendations for those who have not received an interview?

FYI right now there are 42 future student members on the facebook page, meaning there's probably around 10 spots left to be filled. I imagine some individuals have already received offers and are taking time to make a decision, but there's still hope to you guys! GL.

We were told yesterday (2/9 interview) that they had one more batch, 2/11, then would be meeting and try to have the class filled by the 3rd week of February.

hopefully we hear some good news by Friday

Facebook group is at 44 future students (to my best estimation).

Sorry to hear that. Was it by email or snail mail?
Sorry, maybe that was an unclear post. I havent heard anything. I was saying "just reject me so I can know Im going to a different school"... Not being serious though, Id rather go to ECU. As far as I know correspondence willbe via email

Sorry, maybe that was an unclear post. I havent heard anything. I was saying "just reject me so I can know Im going to a different school"... Not being serious though, Id rather go to ECU. As far as I know correspondence willbe via email

haha. You had me on edge. Hopefully, we hear some positive news soon.

No final decisions have been made yet (the adcom hasn't met yet). Sorry to keep ya'll on pins and needles.
Hold tight.

No final decisions have been made yet (the adcom hasn't met yet). Sorry to keep ya'll on pins and needles.
Hold tight.

Thanks! Do you know when they're supposed to meet?

Thanks! Do you know when they're supposed to meet?
They do not let us know when they are meeting for making decisions like that, I am sorry. They have a very strict policy and protocol they follow and I am not even sure the D3's that interview applicants know when they meet to make decisions.

They do not let us know when they are meeting for making decisions like that, I am sorry. They have a very strict policy and protocol they follow and I am not even sure the D3's that interview applicants know when they meet to make decisions.

That is great news that no final decisions have been made yet. I appreciate every chance of hope I have to get in to ECU dental school!