*Official Endo Residency Interview Thread*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ostooth

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All,
Has anyone gotten any interviews for Endo yet? I just heard from U. Penn today by email. Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

ostooth said:
Hey All,
Has anyone gotten any interviews for Endo yet? I just heard from U. Penn today by email. Anyone else?

Can you please share your stat (score, class ranking, externship, etc) with us? Also, I heard for endo you need to have a few years of work experience, is this correct?

Thanks

A 4th year student in my class has been invited to 3 endo interviews thus far.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just heard from Maryland. Anyone else?
On a side note to anyone who has had interviews, have you guys gotten any funny/weird/random questions? Just curious.

Please post your "stats", or PM me. I think I'm going to apply to endo next year and want to know what you need to get an interview? Thanks

Sure,

NBDE I: 97
Research: 2 years in dental school
No externships
No experience

dc-10 said:
Please post your "stats", or PM me. I think I'm going to apply to endo next year and want to know what you need to get an interview? Thanks

ostooth said:
Sure,

NBDE I: 97
Research: 2 years in dental school
No externships
No experience

Hey thanks, did you do a GPR or are you applying straight out of school?

DcS said:

Make that 4, Baylor, UW, San Antonio, and maybe Iowa? Anyway, he interviewed at one of them already with the others in the next week or so, and apparently has been offered...

he's gotten an interview from Penn too...

Two guys (one D4 and one who graduated last year) from Iowa have accepted positions at UMKC for next year.

waiting said:
he's gotten an interview from Penn too...

Good call; not Iowa like I said. Sorry for the incorrect info.

DcS said:

What are this student's "stats"? If you don't know for sure, a rough guess would be helpful. Thanks

dc-10 said:
What are this student's "stats"? If you don't know for sure, a rough guess would be helpful. Thanks

Top 10-15% (3.8-3.9), 90+ part I, research, etc. Also applying through the armed services...

Members don't see this ad :)
i got two so far, temple and Albert Einstein. I guess philly wants me.
Hey can anyone tell me some of anticipated questions during interviews?
thanks

Hey who else got interviews so far from which schools?

Wow...congrats for your 2 interviews. Do you know when TEmple stop interviewing people? and roughly how many they interview? ALso, can you share your stats as well? THank you :D

my1molar said:
Wow...congrats for your 2 interviews. Do you know when TEmple stop interviewing people? and roughly how many they interview? ALso, can you share your stats as well? THank you :D

well pretty much, every school will call all of interviewees in one day. so when someone else got the interview a week ago, then you're prob wont get it.

i got 93 part 1, no class rank in USC so gpa doesnt matter. plus tons of research, externship, endo ce courses. etc

seungmka said:
well pretty much, every school will call all of interviewees in one day. so when someone else got the interview a week ago, then you're prob wont get it.

i got 93 part 1, no class rank in USC so gpa doesnt matter. plus tons of research, externship, endo ce courses. etc

Did you do endo related research? Where was the externship? I thought they only had those for OralSurg? Congrats on the interviews!

ANyone had endo interview before, what did they ask? PLease let me know.
THank you!

jpollei said:
Make that 4, Baylor, UW, San Antonio, and maybe Iowa? Anyway, he interviewed at one of them already with the others in the next week or so, and apparently has been offered...

He accepted at UW last Friday, gonna cancel three or four other interviews he had scheduled...so maybe one of y'all will get another call. :)

if doing a GPR/AEGD to get into endo, is it better to do so at a school that also has endo. ie Albert Einstein has both endo and GPR, would doing the GPR there be beneficial compared to doing GPR someplace with no endo. or does it not really matter.

koobpheej said:
if doing a GPR/AEGD to get into endo, is it better to do so at a school that also has endo. ie Albert Einstein has both endo and GPR, would doing the GPR there be beneficial compared to doing GPR someplace with no endo. or does it not really matter.

It might help if you get to know that specific program (and director, etc.) better, but in general it isn't going to matter.

anyone knows if Abert Enstein already picked their best 2??? out of 12 got in terview???

koobpheej said:

I think that by doing a GPR/AEGD with the final goal of doing endo, you'd get more serious endo cases if you were at an institution without an endo residency. Less referrals to endo. ?

drhobie7 said:
I think that by doing a GPR/AEGD with the final goal of doing endo, you'd get more serious endo cases if you were at an institution without an endo residency. Less referrals to endo. ?

Hey hobie, weren't you (are you?) interested in endo at one point?

ItsGavinC said:

wouldn't you rather kill yourself than do endo?

ItsGavinC said:

Naw, I was just making a joke about my past avatar, which was a pic of one of my classmates giving another classmate sexual favors through a developing box. On a rare occasion, endo can be fun.