Official Harvard Extension 2012 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedWonk

高飛車
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
New year, new thread. The other one was getting really long, anyway.

Good luck to everyone, especially those taking OChem in the spring because it's going to give you alkynes of trouble.

Members don't see this ad.

Will be applying for Fall 2012.

Sponsorship only. Will take 2 semesters of org. chem and physics, mixed with upper division biology, if accepted.

Will be transitioning from two years of peace corps service in the lowland jungles of panama without air conditioning, fully expect a boston winter to kill me!

Members don't see this ad :)

Sponsorship only. Will take 2 semesters of org. chem and physics, mixed with upper division biology, if accepted.

Will be transitioning from two years of peace corps service in the lowland jungles of panama without air conditioning, fully expect a boston winter to kill me!

It's actually not so bad. Boston doesn't get as much snow as the inland areas or up north. You can count on one or two large storms and a bunch of smaller ones. IIRC the average snowfall in one winter is something like 55 inches. This year it's been unseasonably warm. It reminds me a bit of winter in Tokyo.

It's actually not so bad. Boston doesn't get as much snow as the inland areas or up north. You can count on one or two large storms and a bunch of smaller ones. IIRC the average snowfall in one winter is something like 55 inches. This year it's been unseasonably warm. It reminds me a bit of winter in Tokyo.

We are going to pay for this mild weather at some point. I havent even had tears freeze to my face biking yet...

We could have a repeat of the Blizzard of '76. Or a string of nor'easters in the spring. Either one will make my commute interesting.

how are my fellow extension scholars planning for the MCAT... date? Anyone taking a course? :)

how are my fellow extension scholars planning for the MCAT... date? Anyone taking a course? :)

I'm shooting for January 2013. I don't plan on doing Kaplan or any other MCAT prep course. I'm just doing EK and BR and doing the MCAT review plan (4 month) laid out in the MCAT subforum. It looks like a good plan, and I have plenty of experience studying for standardized tests. Half the battle is getting comfortable with the format and timing. I can't imagine the 8 or 9 practice tests on the AAMC website not being enough to help me get comfortable with the format of the exam.

I'm shooting for January 2013. I don't plan on doing Kaplan or any other MCAT prep course. I'm just doing EK and BR and doing the MCAT review plan (4 month) laid out in the MCAT subforum. It looks like a good plan, and I have plenty of experience studying for standardized tests. Half the battle is getting comfortable with the format and timing. I can't imagine the 8 or 9 practice tests on the AAMC website not being enough to help me get comfortable with the format of the exam.

April 2013. Most likely going to follow the study guide outlined on the MCAT forum and supplement with an online Kaplan course. From what I've gathered, the key is taking as many practice tests as possible. So far I've been smoking my Bio/Chem/Phys courses, so I think that it will be more of a review than a cramming.

I'm currently enrolled in Psychological Resilience for the Jan session. I think I'm going to end up auditing the course. Taking a class where 20-30% of the grade is subjective (papers) is just too risky for a person in my shoes - especially when the class is an elective. I'd rather be able to spend the next 2.5 weeks focused entirely on my research (which will get me closer to publication).

Happy New Years HCPers.

It's pretty funny, there are at least 3 Peace Corps members I've met in the program. We have a lot of diversity including multinationals and expatriates. I'm sure you'll have a lot to talk about!

It's pretty funny, there are at least 3 Peace Corps members I've met in the program. We have a lot of diversity including multinationals and expatriates. I'm sure you'll have a lot to talk about!

Good to know!

Anyone know exactly how our grades will be posted? Online services lists "credits earned". Will this show a number or letter grade? I have a lot of free time to obsess over this.

When you log into your HES account ("Student: Main Menu"), you'll see a blue link that says "View Grades."

Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious, did anyone go to HES as academic enhancer (took all the pre-reqs prior HES, but didn't do too well)? What was your 1st semester schedule like in HES? Did you retake anything?

Last edited:
FYI, if you need financial assistance in paying the registration fee for the MCAT or paying the AMCAS application fees, and you are planning on taking the MCAT this year and/or applying to med school this year, you can apply for FAP benefits for 2012.

https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/fap/

The above website will give you more info regarding this.

This website goes to the Department of Health and Human Services, and lists the poverty guidelines:

http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/

The guidelines for 2012 will be up by the end of January, but I can't imagine it would be a drastic shift from 2011.

Just curious, did anyone go to HES as academic enhancer (took all the pre-reqs prior HES, but didn't do too well)? What was your 1st semester schedule like in HES? Did you retake anything?

I can't really say that I took it as an academic enhancer, but I can give you an idea of the schedule.

Typically, people complete the pre-reqs over two years. The first year they'll take General Chem and Physics, followed by Organic Chem and Biology the second year.

Then, during the glide year, you could take additional courses to satisfy any additional requirements particular to any med school you're applying to, or take a couple of upper-level science courses, maybe do some research, and just generally pad your application.

An alternative schedule involves doing the pre-reqs in one year or so. This would involve taking Gen Chem over the summer, followed by the rest of the pre-reqs during the year.

In my schedule, I did gen chem over the summer, organic and bio over the year, and plan on physics in the summer.

Others with strong science backgrounds delved right into upper-level courses such as biochem, genetics, and anatomy and physiology.

If you haven't been in school for a while, it may be wise to take it slow, at least until you get an idea of the workload involved in a course at HES. Generally, if multiply the number of credits for a course by three, you'll get a sense for how many hours outside the classroom you'll need to spend studying. Of course, that's a general rule and can vary a bit depending on the class, but I've found it helpful in having correct expectations as to how much work is involved in these classes.

After this vigorous wait, grades come out on Wednesday. Good luck everyone.

I don't know about you, but I certainly didn't wait vigorously. I just slept the whole time. Sometimes I watched a movie or some sports. Perhaps a bike ride since the weather's been nice.

I don't know about you, but I certainly didn't wait vigorously. I just slept the whole time. Sometimes I watched a movie or some sports. Perhaps a bike ride since the weather's been nice.

Unfortunately only the last week of December was relaxing for me. I spent the break working and volunteering. I'm what you would call a "one-track mind" type of student. :laugh:

Unfortunately only the last week of December was relaxing for me. I spent the break working and volunteering. I'm what you would call a "one-track mind" type of student. :laugh:

Although I've been busy, it's nice to read a book or two for pleasure because, once the semester starts, it's all academic until May.

Has anyone here worked as a TF for an extension school class? I'm considering trying to secure a physics TF position next year, but I don't want to totally overload my schedule.

Also, if anyone is taking Bios E-1b and needs a textbook for cheap, let me know. The catch: a lot of the pages for the first semester are cut out and 3-ring punched (since I like to butcher my text books). That said, I'd be willing to part with the remainder of the book - I have Biology by Campbell for my MCAT studying needs.

Although I've been busy, it's nice to read a book or two for pleasure because, once the semester starts, it's all academic until May.

Has anyone here worked as a TF for an extension school class? I'm considering trying to secure a physics TF position next year, but I don't want to totally overload my schedule.

Also, if anyone is taking Bios E-1b and needs a textbook for cheap, let me know. The catch: a lot of the pages for the first semester are cut out and 3-ring punched (since I like to butcher my text books). That said, I'd be willing to part with the remainder of the book - I have Biology by Campbell for my MCAT studying needs.

Very true. Not to be mistaken, I read a few books for fun and managed to get out with friends; however, I still had plenty of commitments over break. I plan to do some real relaxing the summer before med school.

As for TF positions, you could email them individually for information. They seem to be interested in taking on new students as far as I could tell. Their emails should be listed on the website; Ralph and Sameer are quite approachable. Good luck.

Well, I do still volunteer. I just don't consider it work, so much as fun times at the hospital. Also, five dollar meal tickets. Sometimes, lunch even ends up being free.:thumbup:

+1 to reading up on books. I also use this time to catch up on general what-the-hell-is-going-on-in-the-world reading. I also read a little bit from nature and NEJM to keep tabs on this profession I allegedly want to go into.

My chem TF over the summer was a physics TF, and he basically asked Rueckner and the head TF if they had any openings, they said yes, and my TF sent out his resume/CV to them.

I'm thinking of being a TF for summer Gen Chem next year. Or maybe physics. Whichever I like better. Do you know if it's a paid position?

+1 to reading up on books. I also use this time to catch up on general what-the-hell-is-going-on-in-the-world reading. I also read a little bit from nature and NEJM to keep tabs on this profession I allegedly want to go into.

My chem TF over the summer was a physics TF, and he basically asked Rueckner and the head TF if they had any openings, they said yes, and my TF sent out his resume/CV to them.

I'm thinking of being a TF for summer Gen Chem next year. Or maybe physics. Whichever I like better. Do you know if it's a paid position?

Most TA/TF positions have some type of stipend (whether it's paid or tuition reimbursement, that's up to the university).

Man Bios E-1a must have had a tough A/A- cutoff. I thought that I was in A territory for sure.
A in Physics though, score.

How'd everyone else do?

Last edited:
Man Bios E-1a must have had a tough A/A- cutoff. I thought that I was in A territory for sure.

How'd everyone else do?

Fantastic on Physics, congrats. I'm an A in Chem and a B+ in Physics. First semester was tricky. Now that I feel comfortable, I think I have the chance to do very well.

Fantastic on Physics, congrats. I'm an A in Chem and a B+ in Physics. First semester was tricky. Now that I feel comfortable, I think I have the chance to do very well.

How was that physics course? I was looking at that syllabus, and it emphasizes that students with a weak math background will have a difficult time. Well, my math background is about as weak as it could possibly be. What's the verdict? What are tutoring options and TA help like at HES?

How'd everyone else do?

I was thinking the same thing. I'm a little disappointed I didn't get the A.
I am, however, happy to get an A- in OChem.
And then there was the A in Psych. No surprise there.

Not likely to get much feedback in January, but if anyone is interested in buying my Organic Chemistry 4th Edition by Jones, Fleming (the one used in Chem E2A/B) and study guide, let me know. Pick-up in NYC possible.

Hey all. I completed the HCP last May and am moving back to Cali in the next few weeks. My room is available for rent in a nice apt in Somerville with two other HCPers. Great guys and easy to live with. PM me if you're interested!

How'd everyone else do?

I've done quite a few things in my academic career that I am proud of, but man, getting an A in Rueckner's physics feels like the greatest accomplishment ever.. at the moment :)
An A in Chem E-1a as well. Off to a good start! But not gonna lie, that took a lot of work.
Still deliberating whether or not to add Bio E-1b to this semester's physics and chem....

Glad to see everyone is doing so well here!

How was that physics course? I was looking at that syllabus, and it emphasizes that students with a weak math background will have a difficult time. Well, my math background is about as weak as it could possibly be. What's the verdict? What are tutoring options and TA help like at HES?

As an arts major, I came into this program with poor math grades and still managed to get the B+. You may lose your mind, but it is definitely do-able. Be prepared to spend a lot of extra time reading outside of class and doing problem sets. You will orchestrate the majority of your own learning. Rueckner has great demonstrations but they only reinforce concepts; you have to understand what is happening prior to his lecture.

Great job on the grades everyone, glad to hear it. :thumbup:

It's true, being good at math is essential for that class. I have pretty much no math background at all (one semester of statistics freshman year of college) and found it to be quite challenging, especially the trigonometry part. But thankfully I was able to pull it off. There is a list of tutors on the course website that you could use (I haven't, so not sure how helpful they are) and there is also a schedule for help room hours posted there, which is held by the class TAs.

Great Job Everyone!

I got an A- in Physics and A in Neuro. Looking forward to the new semester. I heard the second semester of Physics is easier?

Also, has anyone taken upper div Immunology or Genetics? What is the grading like?

Hard but doable. You need to be comfortable with trig, that is the key to mechanics. Know your trig identities and make sure you really understand how sin/cos/tan are all related. Rueckner does drop the lowest of your 2 midterms. My advice, treat it like a fight - come out swinging. I knocked the first test out of the park, which enabled me to relax and actually try to learn the rest of the class, as oppose to cram and panic.

That said, there is ample opportunity for help. Ruckner provides a 50 point guide that outlines his keys to success. There are multiple help room and section hours (you can attend as many sections as you want). I know that people organize study groups.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm a little disappointed I didn't get the A.
I am, however, happy to get an A- in OChem.
And then there was the A in Psych. No surprise there.

Check your PM. Goodjob on that A- on OChem, you should be proud of yourself.

Great Job Everyone!

I got an A- in Physics and A in Neuro. Looking forward to the new semester. I heard the second semester of Physics is easier?

Also, has anyone taken upper div Immunology or Genetics? What is the grading like?
I've heard the second semester is a lot more interesting (which is hard for me to believe, since I found the first semester pretty fascinating), which makes it easier to learn.

Question: anyone have tips for Tucci's class? I took the first semester of general chem at another university so this semester will be my first experience with Tucci. I've heard that he is an outstanding teacher - any words of wisdom that you can pass on from the first semester?

Last edited:
Question: anyone have tips for Tucci's class? I took the first semester of general chem at another university so this semester will be my first experience with Tucci. I've heard that he is an outstanding teacher - any words of wisdom that you can pass on from the first semester?

Tucci is absolutely amazing. To be honest, physics is probably more interesting because a lot of the things we learned in that class I have actually found useful in the real life, while in chem I felt like I was just memorizing material that I would unlikely remember after the MCAT. That being said, one huge difference between the HES physics and gen chem classes is that the chemistry class is extremely well organized. The lectures are well structured and they even hand out lecture slide printouts in the beginning of each class so that you don't have to print them out on your own. Same with review slides and homework assignments. Tucci is hilarious and the lectures are interesting. They feel a bit rushed as a ton of material is covered in each lecture, but not to worry as the best part of the class comes the day after lecture - the Friday review. It's run by the head TF who's absolutely incredible; he goes over the most important points from the lecture and then shows how to apply those concepts in problem solving - something that I felt was lacking in Rueckner's class. The labs are really interesting and the TF's are awesome. There is no online forum like the physics class has, unfortunately, but I found that the lecture and Friday review, along with sections, were enough to get a good grasp of the material. Honestly, I even stopped reading the textbook after the third lecture and ended up getting 100s on most of my midterms. Tucci likes to throw in a tricky exam question here and there that will definitely make you sweat, but nothing that you shouldn't be able to solve if you go to class and do your homework.
Good luck! Let me know if you have any more specific questions.:)

Tucci is absolutely amazing. To be honest, physics is probably more interesting because a lot of the things we learned in that class I have actually found useful in the real life, while in chem I felt like I was just memorizing material that I would unlikely remember after the MCAT. That being said, one huge difference between the HES physics and gen chem classes is that the chemistry class is extremely well organized. The lectures are well structured and they even hand out lecture slide printouts in the beginning of each class so that you don't have to print them out on your own. Same with review slides and homework assignments. Tucci is hilarious and the lectures are interesting. They feel a bit rushed as a ton of material is covered in each lecture, but not to worry as the best part of the class comes the day after lecture - the Friday review. It's run by the head TF who's absolutely incredible; he goes over the most important points from the lecture and then shows how to apply those concepts in problem solving - something that I felt was lacking in Rueckner's class. The labs are really interesting and the TF's are awesome. There is no online forum like the physics class has, unfortunately, but I found that the lecture and Friday review, along with sections, were enough to get a good grasp of the material. Honestly, I even stopped reading the textbook after the third lecture and ended up getting 100s on most of my midterms. Tucci likes to throw in a tricky exam question here and there that will definitely make you sweat, but nothing that you shouldn't be able to solve if you go to class and do your homework.
Good luck! Let me know if you have any more specific questions.:)

I couldn't have asked for a better answer, thank you. Everyone I've talked to swears that Tucci is one of the best professors they've ever had, period.

I couldn't have asked for a better answer, thank you. Everyone I've talked to swears that Tucci is one of the best professors they've ever had, period.

You can't go wrong with any of the chem instructors. They're all gold. That's not an exaggeration, either.

What were you guys' stats when you first got into the program? I'm thinking about applying but don't know how well I would measure up..

3.45 overall, 3.3 science GPA (I didn't take very many science courses during undergrad).
B.A. Japanese lit. 3 years experience Junior High English teacher in Japan. Absolutely no volunteer experience and minimal clinical exposure.

I actually went into HCP without being really sure that I wanted to go to med school, but now that I've been getting some clinical volunteering under my belt, I find myself liking the interactions I have with patients. So, I guess I made a good choice.

What were you guys' stats when you first got into the program? I'm thinking about applying but don't know how well I would measure up..

I had a 3.9 overall and 4.0 science GPA (based on only 3 undergrad science classes), 3 semesters of undergrad research and 4 years of post graduate full-time research in a teaching hospital which resulted in a number of pubs. However, my ECs were (still are..) very limited since I concentrated my efforts on research and graduating early, and my volunteer experience dated back to high school years.

I have to agree with MedWonk, my experience at HCP so far has only reinforced my desire to go to medical school. I spent all these years preparing for a graduate career in clinical psych and applied to HCP on a whim just out of curiosity and only slightly considering the medical school route to becoming a psychiatrist instead. I have now found that I actually don't hate science and am entertaining the idea of going into neurology.. or who knows.. :)

Hey all, I finished the HCP about a half year ago, and I wanted to give an review of the program and my experiences for anyone considering coming to the program. I hope this is helpful to people searching for post-baccs like I was a couple years ago.

Me - I started the program in fall 2009, finished in spring 2011 and am currently in the middle of my glide year.

What the program consists of - The HCP is only semi-formal. Owen Peterson and Dr. Fixsen don't hold your hand during the whole process. Their main purpose is for the composite letter that they submit to AMCAS. You can ask them questions about medical school and applying, but I never found them any more useful than SDN and other resources.

Getting sponsored vs. just taking the classes - Unlike most post-bacc programs, you are totally free to sign up and take the classes on your own, without sponsorship. This will save you about $600 in fees. There are only two downsides to this. The biggest downside is that you won’t get the composite letter. With sponsorship, Owen Peterson will take all your letters of recommendation and package them together along with an overall recommendation of you. This composite letter is actually quite useful for medical school applications. About half of the secondary applications I filled out required an explanation for why you would be sending individual letters rather than a composite letter from your school. The medical schools want to have one composite letter, although it’s certainly possible to send in individual ones.
The other downside to not getting sponsorship is not being able to have a Harvard ID card. This is only available if you never took any of the medical school pre-reqs before. The card is certainly not necessary to enjoy your time at the HCP, but it is nice. You can use all the libraries, use the gym for a small fee, and there is the M2 shuttle that you can use for free that goes to from the Harvard undergrad campus (where you take your classes) to Harvard medical school, which is close to three hospitals. Many many people take advantage of this for research or for volunteering.

Cost of the classes - $1150 for a semester class during the year. You’ll need 8 classes to do all the pre-reqs, so for less than 10K you can do the whole premedical education. This is a minuscule cost compared to many of the other post-baccs. Considering how good the program is, this is a huge draw for coming here.

The teachers and classes - Gen chem with Dr. Tucci: This will be one of the best classes of your life. His classes are often hysterical with his chemistry humor abounding. The class is well run too. Everything he writes in class are up on powerpoint slides on the website. The head teaching fellow, Justin, explains all the concepts in the Friday reviews, and the teaching fellows for the course are generally pretty knowledgeable and will try to help you out. This class will prepare you quite well for the MCAT, with only one or two MCAT relevant topics you’ll need to study on your own.

Physics with Rueckner: This class is pretty much the opposite of Tucci’s class. It is poorly run, confusing, and boring. Although Rueckner is a decent guy, he has no idea how to present ideas to a group of premeds who haven’t taken a science course in years. The textbook is even confusing. The teaching fellows often do not understand the material and sometimes don’t even show up to their own helprooms and labs. This class will be unpleasant at the best. However, if you struggle through all the homework and the textbook and do some independent learning of the concepts, you will be prepared for the MCAT. I even had one MCAT passage that came almost exactly from a problem we did in class which I hadn’t covered in any of my MCAT practice.

Bio with Anderson: I took this class the first time Anderson taught it after Fixsen quit teaching it. Some people didn’t like it, but I thought it was decent. Although most of his lectures were powerpoint summaries of the textbook, Anderson does like teaching and is willing to help people during office hours and after class. His exams that first year were sometimes confusing and his answers were sometimes wrong. I think he’s fixed the class up since then. Nevertheless, I did learn a lot and felt like I had a foundation for the MCAT, but since biology is the most important topic for the MCAT, I still had a lot of studying to do.

Orgo: I took this over the summer with Dr. Logan McCarty and Dr. Melissa Grachan. Most people take it during the year with Dr. Matchacheep and Logan, but I think Logan is going to stop teaching it soon and Dr. Matchacheep will do it alone. Summer orgo was the hardest class of my life, and one of the hardest experiences I’ve ever had. It was 10 hours of lab a week, 3 hours of lecture a day, and constant, never ending studying and memorizing. A chill still flows over me every time I hear the word “Orgo.” Fortunately, it is much easier to deal with if you take it over the year. The course is well run, and the teaching fellows are helpful. However, the course is only decent good practice for the MCAT. The MCAT’s material is much more based around carbohydrates, proteins, and nomenclature, all which are covered only somewhat during the course. But, as most organic chemistry classes don’t emphasize what the MCAT tests, you most likely won’t be any better off going elsewhere.

Grades - It is possible to get straight As while you’re here. Is it easy? No, but your grade is limited by your own ability, not by any arbitrary limit of the number of As that the teachers give out. The classes are difficult, but all of them (except physics) teach the material well enough that it is up to you to sit down and study what you’ve been given until you’ve learnt the material.

Finishing the program in 1 year vs. 2 years - If you haven’t completed any of the science pre-reqs, and you have no or just a small amount of medically relevant ECs, I highly recommend finishing the program in at least two years. I did it this way, and even with spending two years doing volunteering and having some research, I still thought my ECs were a low point in my application. In addition, without a science background, it is difficult to do very well in the classes if you take three at a time, especially if you need to work during the program. Considering how important getting good grades is, I don’t recommend rushing to complete the program. However, if you already have experiences in medically related fields, and you have completed some of the pre-reqs, then it would probably be okay to finish it quickly.

The location - Boston is awesome for being a pre-med. There are so many famous hospitals and opportunities for volunteering and research even if you have no prior experience. I, like many others, volunteered at MGH. I was a patient escort there and had a great time getting to know patients. I also was able to start a research internship at a hospital. I was pretty much working for free in a hospital, but since I had no experience in research before, it was a great opportunity.
Living can be a little expensive here depending where you are. The closer to Harvard you are, probably the more expensive it will be. I live here with my wife, and for a one bedroom, it’s about $1250 a month. This is on the cheaper side.
For that little time you’ll have free, there are plenty of bars around Harvard and elsewhere. The only bad side is that the weather sucks. Rain, snow, and cold.

Opportunities during the glide year - There are plenty of things to do here in the glide year. I’m working full-time doing research in a lab, and a few of my friends are doing clinical research. I’m hoping on getting my first publication in a few months. Harvard Extension School has an impressive amount of upper-division biology classes, so a bunch of us are taking a class each semester while we work.

Do I recommend the HCP? Definitely! I’m mid-season in the application process, and I am already holding multiple acceptances at schools I’m very happy with. I had to work hard to get where I am, but it was worth it, and I’m not in huge debt as some of the more formal programs put you in. I highly recommend coming here.

Reactions: 1 user
Bio with Anderson: I took this class the first time Anderson taught it after Fixsen quit teaching it. Some people didn’t like it, but I thought it was decent. Although most of his lectures were powerpoint summaries of the textbook, Anderson does like teaching and is willing to help people during office hours and after class. His exams that first year were sometimes confusing and his answers were sometimes wrong. I think he’s fixed the class up since then. Nevertheless, I did learn a lot and felt like I had a foundation for the MCAT, but since biology is the most important topic for the MCAT, I still had a lot of studying to do.

If he has, he's only made a half-hearted attempt. I got the impression that he didn't really care to teach the course, and I didn't find his lectures to be particularly useful.

Hello all, I'm just looking for some advice and this thread caught my attention. Do you think I will be able to gain acceptance into the program with a 2.9-3.0 UG gpa and a 20 MCAT? (Took the MCAT without studying much at all, while taking Orgo 2 and an upper level bio course. Plan to retake in March, but also plan to apply for this program before then) Any advice appreciated!

Thanks!

Hello all, I'm just looking for some advice and this thread caught my attention. Do you think I will be able to gain acceptance into the program with a 2.9-3.0 UG gpa and a 20 MCAT? (Took the MCAT without studying much at all, while taking Orgo 2 and an upper level bio course. Plan to retake in March, but also plan to apply for this program before then) Any advice appreciated!

Thanks!

I'm guessing you've taken a decent amount of science classes. While the extension school has a decent amount of upper level science pre reqs I'm not sure how many fresh classes they'd be able to offer you.

That said, you should have no problem getting in, but there will be a GPA and MCAT score stipulation attached to your acceptance letter. You'll have to meet this minimum if you wish to gain sponsorship (which is most peoples priority in the program).

Hope this helps . . .

Last edited:
thank you so much for your reply johnnyscans, I have taken some upper level bio's but I was a psych major, bio minor so there may still be some to take. What exactly is sponsorship? Sorry, I am not too familiar with this program and I am looking for more info about it. Also, when do you think I should apply, is earlier better or does it not really matter for this particular program. Thanks in advance!