Official Harvard Extension 2014 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone, I am just wondering what the average GPA for those that were accepted to HES.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

Can someone help me workout the HES timeline please? I'm starting in fall 2014 with Chem and Physics 1st year, Organic and Bio 2nd year. So applying in 2016 and starting med school in 2017 is the typical plan I guess. My question is if it can be accelerated with the goal of starting med school in 2016?

My reasoning is that you take 4-5 classes a semester in undergrad so I don't get why they're suggesting only 2 a semester here. Is it THAT difficult? I wouldn't work full time but just do some volunteering. What would be a proposed schedule if this is doable?

Thank you!

Hi everyone,

Can someone help me workout the HES timeline please? I'm starting in fall 2014 with Chem and Physics 1st year, Organic and Bio 2nd year. So applying in 2016 and starting med school in 2017 is the typical plan I guess. My question is if it can be accelerated with the goal of starting med school in 2016?

My reasoning is that you take 4-5 classes a semester in undergrad so I don't get why they're suggesting only 2 a semester here. Is it THAT difficult? I wouldn't work full time but just do some volunteering. What would be a proposed schedule if this is doable?

Thank you!

People who have done it in a year would typically take summer Gen Chem followed by Bio, Orgo, and Physics during the year, and take the MCAT early in the summer. This would then be followed by one or two upper-level bio classes or whatever classes some particular school requires (biochem or statistics, for example). You're a bit late for this timeline to work. At this point it would be very difficult for you to do this on a shortened timeline. I would just go with the two-year plan at this point.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

Thank you!

Do you already have the sociology and psychology courses in the bag for the new MCAT? Regarding the difficulty of courses, it depends on if you have a strong science background or not. For most, two courses per semester is a handful.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you already have the sociology and psychology courses in the bag for the new MCAT? Regarding the difficulty of courses, it depends on if you have a strong science background or not. For most, two courses per semester is a handful.

I was a psych major and took one sociology course before so I have that going but I don't have any science background. I heard Biochem will also be included in the new MCAT too though, maybe I should plan taking that as well?

I was a psych major and took one sociology course before so I have that going but I don't have any science background. I heard Biochem will also be included in the new MCAT too though, maybe I should plan taking that as well?
You will need it for sure. The new MCAT 2015 will be very biochem intensive.

It would be really tough to do it in one year and you would definitely be skipping corners if you did so.

You could do:

Fall: gen chem 1, physics 1, bio 1
Spring: gen chem 2, physics 2, bio 2
Summer: organic 1&2, MCAT and apply to med school

But where would you fit in biochem? HES only offers biochem in the fall and summer.

It would be really tough to do it in one year and you would definitely be skipping corners if you did so.

You could do:

Fall: gen chem 1, physics 1, bio 1
Spring: gen chem 2, physics 2, bio 2
Summer: organic 1&2, MCAT and apply to med school

But where would you fit in biochem? HES only offers biochem in the fall and summer.

So in the past it might have been doable but with the new MCAT it definitely sounds like a bad decision. Thank you for your input, I will just go with 2 classes this fall!

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in taking a couple of classes (non degree) through Harvard Extension while working full time in order to raise my undergrad GPA and keep my study skills sharp during my year off before applying. It sounds like full time work + 2 courses is a difficult but manageable workload. I have a strong science background and I have already taken the core premed courses. I'm interested in some of the more specific, upper-level biology courses offered, but I want to make sure I don't overload myself and damage my GPA and I'd like to avoid low-quality profs. I was thinking of taking proteomics with prof Viel and evolution with prof Miara. I'm also interested in neurobiology (prof magnotti), statistical methods (prof gutbezahl), and stem cell and regenerative biology (prof anderson). Does anyone have any input on how rigorous any of these courses are and how good these profs are? Or just general input/recommendations for upper level science courses?

Also, if this isn't the best thread to find the answer to these questions, could you direct me to a better thread for me to post in? (i'm new to posting in sdn)

I appreciate the help

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in taking a couple of classes (non degree) through Harvard Extension while working full time in order to raise my undergrad GPA and keep my study skills sharp during my year off before applying. It sounds like full time work + 2 courses is a difficult but manageable workload. I have a strong science background and I have already taken the core premed courses. I'm interested in some of the more specific, upper-level biology courses offered, but I want to make sure I don't overload myself and damage my GPA and I'd like to avoid low-quality profs. I was thinking of taking proteomics with prof Viel and evolution with prof Miara. I'm also interested in neurobiology (prof magnotti), statistical methods (prof gutbezahl), and stem cell and regenerative biology (prof anderson). Does anyone have any input on how rigorous any of these courses are and how good these profs are? Or just general input/recommendations for upper level science courses?

Also, if this isn't the best thread to find the answer to these questions, could you direct me to a better thread for me to post in? (i'm new to posting in sdn)

I appreciate the help

I don't have any input on those specific courses, but I will confirm that taking two courses (I did orgo and bio this past year) while working full time is indeed really difficult, mentally if nothing else, but doable.

I was accepted to the HCP starting this fall but was thinking about taking a few courses outside of HES, e.g., English. Any recommendations for accredited neighboring institutions in Cambridge at which this is possible? Many thanks!

I don't have any input on those specific courses, but I will confirm that taking two courses (I did orgo and bio this past year) while working full time is indeed really difficult, mentally if nothing else, but doable.

Any tips on surviving bio+orgo+work? What's the general test schedule? And have you taken Physics here...? Trying to decide which two courses of the three are better alongside each other.

Any tips on surviving bio+orgo+work? What's the general test schedule? And have you taken Physics here...? Trying to decide which two courses of the three are better alongside each other.

Orgo had 3 exams per semester plus the final, plus problem sets due weekly and lab roughly every other week. Bio had two exams plus a final, lab maybe once a month. Plus discussion sections, practice problems, etc. Honestly orgo took up most of my efforts/time, and bio was very much not as high of a priority.Despite that, I ended up with the same grade in both classes both semesters. So I guess my advice would be to really stay on top of orgo, do the practice problems...and try not to let bio fall too much to the back burner, tempting as it may be. Take a day off work close to finals time--completely worth it. Do not panic. Leave extra time for traffic. And do awesome in the labs.

I'm taking physics this fall. It's being taught by the former orgo II professor, who was very challenging but I liked him a lot. So anyway, since it seems like the way physics is being taught is kind of being revamped, I'm really not sure what to expect in terms of workload.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! Hoping to join you all at HES in the fall. I was wondering whether this seemed like a reasonable plan, bearing in mind I plan on working in a related field at least part time (hoping there are scribe opportunities or lab work available). Does fitting Calc in over the summer make sense, or should I take it alongside chem and bio?

Fall 2014:
Chemistry I
Biology I

Spring 2015:
Chemistry II
Biology II

Summer 2015:
Biochemistry
Calculus I

Fall 2015:
Orgo I
Physics I

Spring 2016:
Orgo II
Physics II
MCAT

Summer 2016:
Apply!

I come from a social sciences background so I feel reasonably confident I will be able to self study sociology and psych for the MCAT.

Hi nekonekobear!

I'm following the same timeline except I'm taking physics the first year, bio the second. I'm not sure why that's better but apparently that's the standard so I'm curious to see what others have to say. Yours makes sense because it's helpful to have bio before biochemistry. My concern is that organic chemistry + physics + studying for and taking the MCAT + applying to schools is a lot. Biology will be way easier for me than physics.

Actually I read somewhere that only one semester of biochemistry is enough for the new MCAT. But the summer session contains 2 semesters worth of classes. So how about this modification:

Summer 2015: either physics or bio
Fall 2015: biochemistry and organic chemistry I
Spring 2016: organic chemistry II + more time to focus on MCAT preparation

???

And I'm not planning on taking calculus but I might find an online English course or two in a community college.
Personally I would take only one course over the summer and especially not two difficult ones.

Hi nekonekobear!

I'm following the same timeline except I'm taking physics the first year, bio the second. I'm not sure why that's better but apparently that's the standard so I'm curious to see what others have to say. Yours makes sense because it's helpful to have bio before biochemistry. My concern is that organic chemistry + physics + studying for and taking the MCAT + applying to schools is a lot. Biology will be way easier for me than physics.

Actually I read somewhere that only one semester of biochemistry is enough for the new MCAT. But the summer session contains 2 semesters worth of classes. So how about this modification:

Summer 2015: either physics or bio
Fall 2015: biochemistry and organic chemistry I
Spring 2016: organic chemistry II + more time to focus on MCAT preparation

???

And I'm not planning on taking calculus but I might find an online English course or two in a community college.
Personally I would take only one course over the summer and especially not two difficult ones.

Checking the catalogs, it appears that chemistry is a prereq for summer biochem, and fall biochem lists both chem AND bio as prerequisites. You may need to modify your schedule a bit, I think. Also, the summer session of biochem is only 4 credits (ie 1 semester's worth).

My timeline:

Finishing up summer gen chem right now - 1.5 more weeks!

Fall 2014 -> Spring 2015:
Physics
Bio

Summer 2015:
Biochem
Easy English class online from a community college (I need 1 more recent English class to satisfy UMass requirements...)

Fall 2016:
Orgo I
(Sociology and Stats at CC)

Spring 2017:
Orgo II
(Calc 1 at CC)
MCAT

Summer 2017: Apply!

I'm looking to sell some MCAT material. Must be able to pick up from Harvard.

In great condition, except where noted.

Kaplan ($75):
Verbal (written in, unfortunately)
Bio
Orgo
Physics
Gen Chem
edit: also includes flash cards for all four subjects

Exam Kracker MCAT box set ($40) (includes Bio, Orgo, Gen Chem, Verbal and a practice MCAT)
Exam Krackers 101 Verbal Reasoning ($25) (some writing)

Willing to negotiate if you want it all.

Last edited:
I posted a review of HES in the stickied rate your postbac/SMP thread at the top. I believe it's post #392. Just wanted to let future students know that you are in good hands here if you put in the work. In my biased opinion, HES is the best value postbac in all the land.

Hey everyone, I am just wondering what the average GPA for those that were accepted to HES.

I think, generally, they accept those who have a reasonable chance of admission into med school. It doesn't mean you can't get in or be sponsored with a sub 3.5 GPA (I was accepted with a 3.4 overall and 3.3 science GPA), as plenty have done it. But, you need to really demonstrate commitment and hard work to show them that it's worth taking you under their wing. It is their reputation on the line when they sponsor you.

Any thoughts on taking Bio and Orgo while working 40 Hours/week at a job where one could not study? I am interested in hearing everyones opinion, but especially those who have actually accomplished this feat. ESPECIALLY those with no prior experience in bio or orgo.

Thanks

Any thoughts on taking Bio and Orgo while working 40 Hours/week at a job where one could not study? I am interested in hearing everyones opinion, but especially those who have actually accomplished this feat. ESPECIALLY those with no prior experience in bio or orgo.

Thanks
This is doable. What will your commute to work be like? Will you lose 2hrs/day in the car or do you have an easier commute? That time can add up.

It is hard work but definitely possible if you are committed and know your learning style.

I had no prior experience in bio or Orgo, but I had just taken chem/phys at HES the year before.

Posted using SDN Mobile

If I were to try this I would basically go "all in." spend ALL my income on an apartment between work and school. Never make a meal for myself (Panera erryday) and hell maybe even have a dry cleaner do my laundry to eliminate time spent spinning wheels on useless pursuits. However, if its all going to be for nothing, obviously I would like to avoid crashing and burning, not only wasting a ton of money but completely denying myself a chance at med school as well, lol. Did you do this at HES? what kindof grades did you get dare I ask. I got A- in both gen chems.

If I were to try this I would basically go "all in." spend ALL my income on an apartment between work and school. Never make a meal for myself (Panera erryday) and hell maybe even have a dry cleaner do my laundry to eliminate time spent spinning wheels on useless pursuits. However, if its all going to be for nothing, obviously I would like to avoid crashing and burning, not only wasting a ton of money but completely denying myself a chance at med school as well, lol. Did you do this at HES? what kindof grades did you get dare I ask. I got A- in both gen chems.
You will still have time for laundry, preparing meals and running errands. Also a social life on weekends when you don't have an exam coming up. I did this at HES. I don't share grades on SDN but I did fine. My MDApps link has my GPA I think.

Each class is a step up from the intensity of Gen Chem but they're not THAT bad. Get yourself a copy of 'organic chemistry as a second language' and finish it before classes start.

Posted using SDN Mobile

You will still have time for laundry, preparing meals and running errands. Also a social life on weekends when you don't have an exam coming up. I did this at HES. I don't share grades on SDN but I did fine. My MDApps link has my GPA I think.

Each class is a step up from the intensity of Gen Chem but they're not THAT bad. Get yourself a copy of 'organic chemistry as a second language' and finish it before classes start.

Posted using SDN Mobile
Thanks but looking at your mdapps thing theres a good chance I'm not as smart as you. Mind sharing what line of work you were in during your time taking these classes?

Hi all,

So I am in the process of registering/mapping out my schedule for the next two years and was look at something like this:

Fall 2014:
General Chemistry I
Physics I

Winter 2014:
English (At my state school if necessary)

Spring 2015:
General Chemistry II
Physics II

Summer 2015:
Organic Chemistry I & II

Fall 2015:
Biology I
Biochem I

Winter 2015:
Filler classes (If necessary)

Spring 2016:
Biology II
Social Science
MCAT

Also, will I have to take additional math classes if I've received AP credits for Calc AB, taken Calc II in college, and taken a Business Stats and another Linear Regression Modeling (Business) in college? I'm wondering because schools like Vanderbilt doesn't accept AP credits :(

Any thoughts?

Hi all,

So I am in the process of registering/mapping out my schedule for the next two years and was look at something like this:

Fall 2014:
General Chemistry I
Physics I

Winter 2014:

Spring 2015:
General Chemistry II
Physics II

Summer 2015:
Organic Chemistry I & II

Fall 2015:
Biology I
Biochem I

Winter 2015:

Spring 2016:
Biology II
Social Science
MCAT

Also, will I have to take additional math classes if I've received AP credits for Calc AB, taken Calc II in college, and taken a Business Stats and another Linear Regression Modeling (Business) in college? I'm wondering because schools like Vanderbilt doesn't accept AP credits :(

Any thoughts?

Check the prerequisites - I think you need both Chem and Bio prior to taking Biochem.

Also, I would be afraid of summer orgo. From teachers and students I've talked to, it sounds like a 60-80 hour/week commitment, and difficult to get an A in. After my experience with summer gen chem, I definitely will not be taking organic chem over the summer. Working through Orgo as a Second Language and knowing it backwards and forwards is recommended prior to the course.

Personally I think it might be better do chem+bio the first year, summer biochem, then orgo/physics 2nd year.

Check the prerequisites - I think you need both Chem and Bio prior to taking Biochem.

Also, I would be afraid of summer orgo. From teachers and students I've talked to, it sounds like a 60-80 hour/week commitment, and difficult to get an A in. After my experience with summer gen chem, I definitely will not be taking organic chem over the summer. Working through Orgo as a Second Language and knowing it backwards and forwards is recommended prior to the course.

Personally I think it might be better do chem+bio the first year, summer biochem, then orgo/physics 2nd year.

Hm... I talked to Dr. Fixsen and he does not recommend taking chem and bio together. Plus as someone above mentioned, Orgo + Physics does not seem like an ideal combination while studying for the MCAT. However, you're right about having to take bio before biochem.

Alternatively, I'm thinking about switching Bio and Orgo so it looks this:

Fall 2014:
General Chemistry I
Physics I

Winter 2014:

Spring 2015:
General Chemistry II
Physics II

Summer 2015:
Biology I & II

Fall 2015:
Organic Chemistry I
Biochem I

Winter 2015:

Spring 2016:
Organic Chemistry II
Social Science
MCAT

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Doable! Not fun at all, but it can be done. I did this last year while working 40hours/wk where I could barely, if every study while at work. And then had to drive to and from Harvard. I'd last taken chem at BU several summers ago, and had never taken bio since high school. It takes some adjustment - I did better in the second semester than the first in both courses - and a lot of commitment. And a lot of Whole Foods salad bar (there's a WF across from my work...and on the way to Harvard) and being a total buzzkill (I can't, I have lab; I can't, I have an exam; etc).

Thanks TLZ, mind sharing what you got for grades and any tips and tricks for success that you learned along the way?

Did anyone take Gen Chem and Biology together at the Extension school? (During the Fall)
Do you think it would be possible to take both and statistics at the same time?

Has anyone tripled up and taken Gen Chem, Biology, and Physics together?

Thanks!

Thanks TLZ, mind sharing what you got for grades and any tips and tricks for success that you learned along the way?

I won't share my grades, but I will say that I did well enough.

Tips: Do not panic. Doing well in lab (and on psets for orgo) can make a big difference in your final grade - don't brush it off. For orgo, practice practice practice! And don't look at the answers if you're stuck. Take a break and come back to it. Also, practice exams in exam-like conditions (i.e., at Harvard on a Sunday afternoon or whenever you can) really helped me a lot. And do yourself a favor and do your orgo work in pencil. For bio, I was really frustrated by this class both semesters (I think a lot of people were), but maybe it would've helped to develop a relationship with the profs and head TF and find out early on what they're looking for on exams. Good luck!

Anyone have any input on profs William Anderson, Erin Clark, or Collin Johnson?

Anyone have input on upper level science courses? like neurobio, marine bio, epigenetics...

I won't share my grades, but I will say that I did well enough.

Tips: Do not panic. Doing well in lab (and on psets for orgo) can make a big difference in your final grade - don't brush it off. For orgo, practice practice practice! And don't look at the answers if you're stuck. Take a break and come back to it. Also, practice exams in exam-like conditions (i.e., at Harvard on a Sunday afternoon or whenever you can) really helped me a lot. And do yourself a favor and do your orgo work in pencil. For bio, I was really frustrated by this class both semesters (I think a lot of people were), but maybe it would've helped to develop a relationship with the profs and head TF and find out early on what they're looking for on exams. Good luck!

Thanks! Can anyone speak to the Bio and Orgo Labs? Are they similar to the CHem I and II labs in that they are basically grade safety nets that can be completed and passed in during lab time, or are they god awful waste of time abominations that have to be typed up and handed in later?

Anybody have input for AP I & II with Jennifer Carr? I'd like to shoot for a recommendation from her, but her ratemyprofessor ratings are horrible and everyone says how rude and generally unpleasant she is.

Anybody taking Gen Chem this summer at HSS? Tucci seems awesome, and it seems like the class is going to move along pretty fast!

Tucci is freaking awesome :) Friday sections are amazing with the head TF, I forgot his name... If you really want to focus on what stuff to do, I'd just go to lecture to get a conceptual idea of stuff (the great part is that lecture handouts are already printed out and STAPLED!!! for you; not sure if they are still doing that for this year though) and really focus on Friday sections to learn how to problem-solve. Forget the textbook, you don't need it. Know how to do all of the supplementary problems in the supplemental booklet you are recommended to do (I don't remember the name but you will know what it is). That is your ticket to an A in the class! Also make sure you do your homework early and go to your TF for help if you need it. Attend recitations with your TF. Exams can be tricky but the thing I noticed for me is that it's easier to get in the low 90s but harder to get 95 and up... there are little things that you will get points taken off of for. Do those practice exams over and over... If you get good at doing all that, you're golden. This is because there are only specific topics that will be tested on the exam. I honestly don't remember too much conceptual understanding required of you, except maybe one page of true or false type questions, but that isn't always common. Problem-solving is considered more important. It's honestly not that much work compared to other classes that I've taken, but chemistry is a subject I love so it might be different for others.

Has anyone taken Neurobiology at HES? I want to take this and Biochemistry this fall but am unsure if the course is too time intensive. I plan on working full-time and volunteer. If you haven't taken the course, do you have any experience with the new professor, Laura Magnotti? She's served as Head TA for Biochem.

Thanks!

Anyone have any input on profs William Anderson, Erin Clark, or Collin Johnson?

Anyone have input on upper level science courses? like neurobio, marine bio, epigenetics...

I've taken neuro. Know that only a certain percentage of the class will get As. There are only a certain number of As and A-s that the professor will hand out, unfortunately. You also learn a ton of material. The professor is really nice and he will answer every single question, but he doesn't always explain concepts clearly, although he tries very hard to use analogies, which to me, confused me more than not. He loves to use words like "blobs," which make him very interesting to listen to. Reading the relevant textbook chapters was important if I had trouble with a certain topic, but more often than not, I would rewind lecture videos until I understood everything he said with certainty. You will, however, want to use the textbook to learn all of the important pathways (ie: sensory pathways) since he doesn't make them as clear as it should be.

Last edited:
Anyone have advice on how to do well in Anatomy and Physiology and Biochem?

Also, I'm looking to purchase the textbooks for A&P if anyone is selling them. They are so expensive everywhere I've looked! And are the international/softcover versions the same as the hardcover ones? They seem to be less expensive.

Thanks!

Anyone have advice on how to do well in Anatomy and Physiology and Biochem?

Also, I'm looking to purchase the textbooks for A&P if anyone is selling them. They are so expensive everywhere I've looked! And are the international/softcover versions the same as the hardcover ones? They seem to be less expensive.

Thanks!

Well her syllabus for 2014 said that you can get any version of the text. I will be using a 2011 version of the special Harvard University edition. You should get softcover if you can. Also try renting from Amazon. It's a cheap option if you don't mind not marking up your textbooks! :)

i dont think the orgo and bio combo is for me. I dont think I can hack it. Any thoughts on A+P and bio together while working for time? the A&P Professor, Jennifer carr, has some of the worst ratemyprofessor reviews I have ever seen.

would A&P + Bio + 40 Hours work be manageable? A&P dosn't seem to have bio as a pre-req

oh wait it does have bio as a prereq. I swear it didn't say that the other day. sigh

i dont think the orgo and bio combo is for me. I dont think I can hack it. Any thoughts on A+P and bio together while working for time? the A&P Professor, Jennifer carr, has some of the worst ratemyprofessor reviews I have ever seen.

would A&P + Bio + 40 Hours work be manageable? A&P dosn't seem to have bio as a pre-req

I will be taking A&P alongside Bio (I used AP credit for Bio I so I want to take it this semester). Yeah, her ratings are pretty bad...but she's helped out some friends of mine so I don't know.... maybe those reviews were from students who asked stupid questions/got on her nerves? I mean professors are pretty busy at it is and don't want to wait around for students who don't do their homework/the proper research.

I was thinking about taking Biochemistry next semester (the online version). Has anyone taken the online version before or is it the first time that it's being offered as a web-based course?

I will be taking A&P alongside Bio (I used AP credit for Bio I so I want to take it this semester). Yeah, her ratings are pretty bad...but she's helped out some friends of mine so I don't know.... maybe those reviews were from students who asked stupid questions/got on her nerves? I mean professors are pretty busy at it is and don't want to wait around for students who don't do their homework/the proper research.

I was thinking about taking Biochemistry next semester (the online version). Has anyone taken the online version before or is it the first time that it's being offered as a web-based course?

I think it's the first time being offered as a web-based course. I'm taking A&P alongside Biochemistry. Should be fun.

Ah... then it will surely come into some difficulties along the way. My only issue was being able to interact with the professor. I called the Admissions Office to ask whether on the transcript the online-only class would be noted as an online class, but rest assured, it will be noted just like any other in-class class at HES.

For those of you in the HCP program (though now I think it is the Premedical program) when do we schedule appointments with the Premed Office? Do they contact us?
  • Consult with the Premedical Office at least once every term.
Also, for the other bit:
  • Notify the director of the Premedical Program in writing of your intent to apply to medical school, listing courses completed and courses to be completed, no later than September 30 of the year preceding application to medical school.
If I am looking to apply Summer 2016, should I contact the director now, as it is technically the SCHOOLyear preceding application?

Totally random question, but can anyone tell me what time the Friday Reviews are for Gen Chem? I honestly can't remember if they were at 5 or 6. I'm in Orgo now and wanted to attend a few of the Friday Reviews for MCAT purposes. Thanks in advance!

For those of you in the HCP program (though now I think it is the Premedical program) when do we schedule appointments with the Premed Office? Do they contact us?
  • Consult with the Premedical Office at least once every term.
Also, for the other bit:
  • Notify the director of the Premedical Program in writing of your intent to apply to medical school, listing courses completed and courses to be completed, no later than September 30 of the year preceding application to medical school.
If I am looking to apply Summer 2016, should I contact the director now, as it is technically the SCHOOLyear preceding application?

1. You have to reach out to them to schedule the appointments. They aren't super strict about that rule but I'd say it's generally a good idea to follow it. Come to the meeting with a few questions. I found those meetings kind of strange - it felt like they were looking at me with this "why are you here?" look on their face.

2. For you it would be Sept 30 2015

Posted using SDN Mobile

1. You have to reach out to them to schedule the appointments. They aren't super strict about that rule but I'd say it's generally a good idea to follow it. Come to the meeting with a few questions. I found those meetings kind of strange - it felt like they were looking at me with this "why are you here?" look on their face.

Posted using SDN Mobile

He should contact them now even if the rule says it would be Sept 2015. They have a max capacity for applicants per year and can sometimes stop taking applications early. I applied and was officially accepted two years before my application cycle.

Totally random question, but can anyone tell me what time the Friday Reviews are for Gen Chem? I honestly can't remember if they were at 5 or 6. I'm in Orgo now and wanted to attend a few of the Friday Reviews for MCAT purposes. Thanks in advance!

They are at 4:30 - 6 on Friday.

Posted using SDN Mobile

Thanks! I will reach out to them.

Posted using SDN Mobile

I remember meeting with Fixsen and getting the blue-eyed death stare like "Ask me something or GTFO."

Hi, I am thinking of applying for ALM in biology. I currently hold BSc and MSc (Distinction) in Electrical Engineering. I have a couple questions:

1. If you pass the 3 required courses is it guaranteed that you will get accepted into the ALM program?

2. In case you receive Dean’s List Academic Achievement Award, is it going to be written on the degree or do you receive separate certificate. I am asking, because I want to know at what extent it is worth worrying about your GPA, since ALM is not an honours degree ( btw I am considering PhD afterwards). Does anyone has experience with the significance of Honours and Prizes for extension students?

Thanks