***Official Howard University class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

In case you all are curious, Ms. Nixon told me that they interviewed 107 students pre-december for a class size of ~80. I'm not sure how many have submitted a deposit/holding a seat. Also, the deposit to hold your spot is a $1000 money order

Members don't see this ad.

In case you all are curious, Ms. Nixon told me that they interviewed 107 students pre-december for a class size of ~80. I'm not sure how many have submitted a deposit/holding a seat. Also, the deposit to hold your spot is a $1000 money order
My bf got accepted and paid his deposit but he wont be attending. So there is a open spot for his seat. He just hasn't told them yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
After you are informed of receiving application fees, how long it takes to get interview?anybody know?

Has anyone heard anything from Howard yet?
I tried calling, but it asked for me to leave a message and that they would get back to me and it would take up to a week.....

They're still interviewing people- I have an interview next Wednesday... it was supposed to be this passed Wednesday, but they cancelled it because of the snow :mad: Can anyone tell me how the interview was for them? Why do they schedule you for 5 1/2 hours?

Oh wow really? They go all the way into the spring? I guess that's good news though. If you hear anything back from them, can you post it on here? And I will make sure I do the same. Best of luck!

Sure thing I will definitely post here as soon as I hear something.. Nothing as of yet :/

They're still interviewing people- I have an interview next Wednesday... it was supposed to be this passed Wednesday, but they cancelled it because of the snow :mad: Can anyone tell me how the interview was for them? Why do they schedule you for 5 1/2 hours?

Awesome..congrats on the interview…about how long did it take after you submitted your supplementary application before they notified you of an interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Awesome..congrats on the interview…about how long did it take after you submitted your supplementary application before they notified you of an interview?
I received an email to send in the application fee in early November, and they just contacted me about a week and a half ago for the interview.

I received an email to send in the application fee in early November, and they just contacted me about a week and a half ago for the interview.

Do you mind me asking what your stats were?

Do you mind me asking what your stats were?
You mean like my gpa and stuff? 3.65 gpa, 3.5 science gpa, 17 academic avg on DAT. If I don't get in anywhere, I'm probably gonna do the Kaplan course to retake the DAT bc apparently I suck at standardized tests

You mean like my gpa and stuff? 3.65 gpa, 3.5 science gpa, 17 academic avg on DAT. If I don't get in anywhere, I'm probably gonna do the Kaplan course to retake the DAT bc apparently I suck at standardized tests

Those are good stats. If you redo your DAT and get like a 20 then I think you would have a good shot at most other universities.

Those are good stats. If you redo your DAT and get like a 20 then I think you would have a good shot at most other universities.
Thanks! Idk, I just hope I get in somewhere... my DAT really sucked, and I don't really have any substantial volunteer work.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody created a Facebook page for people that have been accepted into class of 2018? Good luck to those still waiting for interviews

hey guys, so I have been trying to email Howard University for a while now. They don't reply AT ALL to emails. Is it just me or do they do that for everyone? or do I have the wrong email? I emailed: [email protected]
That is the email they told me to use when they received my supp. fee.

Also calling them doesn't work. Always an answering machine and they never call back.

Hello guys and girls I hope all is well, I was just curious to see what type of interview questions could possibly be expected for us to answer?

Congrats on your acceptance!
Do you have any idea if they are still doing interviews and when they'll be contacting people for interviews?
I'm not sure if they are still doing interviews. Since its now February, I do know that the time you have to accept your position when you get accepted is now only 15 days... prior to that, it was 30. And if they do contact you for an interview it will be about a week from the interview date.

Accepted!!! I am extremely excited!!! Congrats to everyone else who was accepted! I look forward to meeting you all in August!

Hello guys and girls I hope all is well, I was just curious to see what type of interview questions could possibly be expected for us to answer?
The interview questions were basic. Tell us about yourself and why dentistry? Be prepared to discuss any extra curricular or work experience and how it made you a better person or how it relates to preparing you for school.

Some of the tougher questions that definitely made me think were...Why Howard University? If you were accepted to Howard and couple other schools which school would you pick? If there are 80 people in the class and they accepted 79; why should they accept you?

My overall advice is, you must be honest with yourself and the interviewers because they can see right through any BS. The idea is to get your "story" to the people interviewing you because they will go back to meeting and discuss about you. So try to spin your answers that share what motivates you and why you want to undergo such a large academic undertaking when the normal person obviously would never put themselves through the challenge.

Congrats to those who got accepted:). I really hope that I am one of you guys. I submitted application 25Dec13. The school received my application fee and application around 14Jan14. Now I do not hear anything from school yet. What should I do at this point? I am wondering if the school is still giving out of the invitation?

Congrats to those who got accepted:). I really hope that I am one of you guys. I submitted application 25Dec13. The school received my application fee and application around 14Jan14. Now I do not hear anything from school yet. What should I do at this point? I am wondering if the school is still giving out of the invitation?
I am in the same situation as you are. I applied at around the same time you did. I hear they are still doing interviews and that they go until May. But I could be wrong.

What were your stats like that you applied with if you don't mind asking

3.6 GPA, 3.71 science GPA, 18 DAT. I will retake DAT if I do not get in this year.

BruceWayne7 is absolutely right... don't plan any speeches because the second you fumble they'll know you're just rehearsed. Be yourself. They'll ask you what you do for fun- I said I like to sing a lot in the car lol. Stupid answer, but obviously not rehearsed, and they liked it. Try to let your personality speak for you.

Hey guys. It's been a little quiet lately. Anyone know if there are interview invites still?

Please help me !!! I checked my aadsas and Howard's status changed to "interviewed, not accpeted." but i never got an interview invite from Howard. (i only check my email. is there any chance they give out interview via phone call?)

Is this just me or for everyone who were rejected from here??? I am just curious why it says "interviewed".....

Congrats to all accepted students! Please do not miss this video about Howard university school of dentistry.

Soooo hey guys…just checking to see if anyone else had received news on an interview???? Patiently waiting over here with fingers crossed. :whistle:
Please share any news all those not accepted yet!!

Soooo hey guys…just checking to see if anyone else had received news on an interview???? Patiently waiting over here with fingers crossed. :whistle:

Hey seniorita. I am in the same boat as you. Haven't heard anything from them. Just wondering if there actually have been some interviews going on lately.

Hey Member9391! Oh okay...i guess no news is good news...my app still says recieved under review...wbu? I did speak to one of my classmates that is also applying there and he had mentioned that Ms.Nixon said that they are working on a schedule that fits both the professors and students for the interviews. Most likely that will happen after Spring break at Howard which is March 7th...i will let you know if i hear anything else

Hey seniorita. I am in the same boat as you. Haven't heard anything from them. Just wondering if there actually have been some interviews going on lately.
Replied to your post but forgot to hit reply lol...my post is above

Hey Member9391! Oh okay...i guess no news is good news...my app still says recieved under review...wbu? I did speak to one of my classmates that is also applying there and he had mentioned that Ms.Nixon said that they are working on a schedule that fits both the professors and students for the interviews. Most likely that will happen after Spring break at Howard which is March 7th...i will let you know if i hear anything else
Yup it says the same thing for me as well. Oh that's weird. Wouldn't fit better if they had interview invites for the spring break?
Sounds good! thanks a lot for the update! I will do the same.

I got an interview for today but I declined it so there is at least one interview spot open!! Good luck guys! :)

Congrats to all accepted students! Please do not miss this video about Howard university school of dentistry.

I saw this and was thrown off but someone told me that every old school probably has a room or section like this. Idk

I got an interview for today but I declined it so there is at least one interview spot open!! Good luck guys! :)

Thanks for your post! Oh okay... if you don't mind sharing when you applied in the cycle ans submitted all your credentials it would be very helpful.;);)

heyy all! does anyone know when the 2nd deposit is due and about how much it is?

Front Page of ADA News!

Attachments

• howard.jpg
    howard.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 111
anything people.....?
Hey Member 9391.... no word on my end over here... spoke to Mrs. Randall and she did inform that they are still doing interviews and that the class is not full yet.... I do not know how many seats are left but am quite hopeful. Any news on your end?

any word on the second deposit, if there is one?

Hey Member 9391.... no word on my end over here... spoke to Mrs. Randall and she did inform that they are still doing interviews and that the class is not full yet.... I do not know how many seats are left but am quite hopeful. Any news on your end?

Nothing on my end unfortunately. Maybe I'll give them a call today and let you guys know.
What's weird is that I called in the beginning of February to ask about what was going on. And im not sure who I spoke to but she said that they are getting really close to a full class. I think she said they have about 5 spots or something, which seems inaccurate. Especially because previous forums have people getting interviews in May.

Nothing on my end unfortunately. Maybe I'll give them a call today and let you guys know.
What's weird is that I called in the beginning of February to ask about what was going on. And im not sure who I spoke to but she said that they are getting really close to a full class. I think she said they have about 5 spots or something, which seems inaccurate. Especially because previous forums have people getting interviews in May.

Ohh wow really.. that seems totally weird...I personally graduated from Howard undergrad last year and have talked to many dental students and know that they have late interviews.....Mrs.Randall was helpful when I called and let me know that if you have not received an interview or rejection letter as of yet than that means that the application is still under review. I personally was waiting on my test scores to be sent in and she was gracious enough to make sure the admissions committee receives my scores. As far as this week, there most likely will not be anyone answering phones or emails since its Howard's spring break. Hope this info helps and as I always say no news is good news... im sure we will be fine.:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

You guys have to remember everything is done on a rolling basis. They may have had a full class in February, but with other acceptances people can give up their seats. Normally in May the 2nd deposit is due, thus more interviews because people decide not to put down that second deposit.

You guys have to remember everything is done on a rolling basis. They may have had a full class in February, but with other acceptances people can give up their seats. Normally in May the 2nd deposit is due, thus more interviews because people decide not to put down that second deposit.
That makes more sense then. Thanks for clearing things up!