***Official Howard University class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I was just invited to an interview this morning. I was invited back in October, but had to reschedule because they gave me a 2 week notice and I already had another interview around that time. Plus I live in CA! They told me they'd contact me with a new date; called a week later and left a message and sent several emails because I didn't hear back. Finally actually got a hold of someone and by that time their was only one date left. By that time I received another interview from a different school and it was for that day. She said they'd schedule me for a post dec. interview which would most likely be mid January. All this is after the fact they misplace my supplemental fee. This school stressed me out. I really wanted to give it a shot, but at this point I'm going to decline the interview so good luck to you all! And thanks for letting me vent. I created this thread by the way. Hahaha.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was just invited to an interview this morning. I was invited back in October, but had to reschedule because they gave me a 2 week notice and I already had another interview around that time. Plus I live in CA! They told me they'd contact me with a new date; called a week later and left a message and sent several emails because I didn't hear back. Finally actually got a hold of someone and by that time their was only one date left. By that time I received another interview from a different school and it was for that day. She said they'd schedule me for a post dec. interview which would most likely be mid January. All this is after the fact they misplace my supplemental fee. This school stressed me out. I really wanted to give it a shot, but at this point I'm going to decline the interview so good luck to you all! And thanks for letting me vent. I created this thread by the way. Hahaha.
lol that sounds like too much work.... Did you get accepted to the other schools?
Also, since you got an interview, then I am assuming that they have sent the next batch of interviews?

lol that sounds like too much work.... Did you get accepted to the other schools?
Also, since you got an interview, then I am assuming that they have sent the next batch of interviews?

@ Member 9391...I'm new to the SDN forum, well as a registered user. I just created my account so that I could provide some of what I have been going through instead of just creeping on the forum. I just received an interview invite yesterday, so must be they have sent out the next batch of interview invites.

Members don't see this ad :)

Yeah I got a few acceptances, so life is good. If I hadn't been accepted I probably would have been a lot angrier in this situation.
But yes, it looks like they're sending out their next batch of invitations

@ Member 9391...I'm new to the SDN forum, well as a registered user. I just created my account so that I could provide some of what I have been going through instead of just creeping on the forum. I just received an interview invite yesterday, so must be they have sent out the next batch of interview invites.
Thank you for that. I really appreciate it. Best of luck in your interview.
May I ask what your stats were? And if you are a minority student?

Please help me !!! I checked my aadsas and Howard's status changed to "interviewed, not accpeted." but i never got an interview invite from Howard. (i only check my email. is there any chance they give out interview via phone call?)

Is this just me or for everyone who were rejected from here??? I am just curious why it says "interviewed".....
Hey Knezach... Did you ever find out what that meant? Did Howard ever explain if that was a mistake or something ?

Hey Knezach... Did you ever find out what that meant? Did Howard ever explain if that was a mistake or something ?
I haven't heard anything from them yet. Actually, I e-mailed them couple days ago. I will let you know if I get to hear anything from the school.

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't heard anything from them yet. Actually, I e-mailed them couple days ago. I will let you know if I get to hear anything from the school.
Oh okay...I'll do the same if I hear anything from them as we'll.

for students who were admitted, have you heard anything since receiving your howard ID number (which doesnt seem to work when trying to log-in)

Also, does anyone know if there's a second deposit so I can start saving? No one answered the office

@ Member 9381:

My stats are sort of average. 18 AA on DAT. 21ish pat but basically 18 straight across the board other than that. I had around 3.3 gpa in undergrad and am currently in grad program with 4.0 gpa. I am not a minority, but am from a rural area. Graduated with 52 people...that's how rural.

Has anyone heard back from the admissions office if they will be sending out any more interviews?

I talked to Ms. Randle yesterday and she honestly can't say. She said that they are wrapping up which I think it is very hard to believe since some people had interviews as late as early May last year, so Idk. I have a friend there now who says that they are very unorganized and pursued me to go elsewhere. He also told me, he would let me know if he saw any activity and keep me posted.

Has anyone else received an interview recently at Howard? I'm interviewing tomorrow morning but feel like I'll be alone...nobody has been writing on this thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good Luck on your interview and no, I haven't heard anything yet!

Thanks! I'm super excited to check out the school and meet the faculty etc.

It seemed to go really well. I really liked the people and hope to hear some good news. My interview offer was made around March 11th. They said that they're finishing up and only have a few more seats to fill.

I just received my acceptance email last night!!!!! Soooo happy!!!! Can't wait to meet all my future classmates!

I haven't heard much of anything. I'm very surprised there hasn't been more movement...maybe the movement is happening with students who are not members to sdn?? Good luck!

Hello everyone,

I was recently accepted into HUCD class of 2019 and would like to ask those who are currently at HUCD about housing. Where do most of the dental students live? Where in your opinion is the best place to live (considering affordability, amenities, safety, parking, commute time, etc.)? I heard about the "Towers" can anyone give some insight on that? Thanks in advance!