**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2011-2012**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
NYU's interview's here today 8/5. We need to call within one week from the e-mail received date to schedule the interview. I haven't call yet, but I am surprised. 7/18 mailing batch.
Applied last year with NYU, didn't get an interview, got a rejection letter in June this year.

NYU INTERVIEW 2nd batch 5 mins ago!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry it was my first interview, I got too excited.

September 16th 8am :D

Sort of a relief to know you're not completely shut out though, huh? My paranoia went down a little after landing one.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sort of a relief to know you're not completely shut out though, huh? My paranoia went down a little after landing one.

Yeah! It is a relief lol.

Kind of like sitting at the bottom of a well that was shut out by a large boulder... waiting for the light to appear.

By the way, interviews start Sept 12th but I work mon-thurs :D

Yeah! It is a relief lol.

Kind of like sitting at the bottom of a well that was shut out by a large boulder... waiting for the light to appear.

By the way, interviews start Sept 12th but I work mon-thurs :D

Congrat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (let's yield together~~~)
So they have interviews through out the weekdays everyday?
I am going to contact my friend in NY and see if we can meet while I am there :)

:thumbup: Sweet... Congrats!

When did you get their "application complete" e-mail?

In the email I got from Louisville about having processed my supp. fee it said: "Please allow a minimum of 15 business days for processing your materials in our office. Changes in application status should appear on the AADSAS website within 15 business days. Check the AADSAS website weekly for updates regarding your application status. "

Are they referring to the "School Decisions" part of the application will be updated?

I have email from last year. Says the same thing as last year. but you will get an email from that telling you your app is complete and it'll be reviewed.

Congrat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (let's yield together~~~)
So they have interviews through out the weekdays everyday?
I am going to contact my friend in NY and see if we can meet while I am there :)

Yes, she said almost everyday of the week on the phone!

Last edited:
I got the NYU interview invitation too. 7/18 mailing date. I chose the first day :).

When you call them to schedule an interview, do you have to decide right away, or can you get the possible dates and decide later?

When you call them to schedule an interview, do you have to decide right away, or can you get the possible dates and decide later?

You can decide the date within a week. You have a lot of option but Wednesday. They just don't do interviews on Wednesday.

Members don't see this ad :)
NYU interview invite too! Anyone know how when the soonest possible dates are?

I got the NYU interview invitation too. 7/18 mailing date. I chose the first day :).

Congrat!! I think I am on SDN too much these days. Totally don't remember your ID, but remembered seeing your profile photo. Very cute cat ~~~ I will probably call them next Monday (assuming they won't work in the weekend.

NYU's interview's here today 8/5. We need to call within one week from the e-mail received date to schedule the interview. I haven't call yet, but I am surprised. 7/18 mailing batch.
Applied last year with NYU, didn't get an interview, got a rejection letter in June this year.

BTW their application complete e-mail arrived on 7/20 and says that interviews will be from mid-Sept to March :)

Not that I'm a hater, but I was in the first batch and got the same application complete email on 7/20 and I didn't get an interview invite! I guess no news is better than bad news. Congrats!!!

Congrat!! I think I am on SDN too much these days. Totally don't remember your ID, but remembered seeing your profile photo. Very cute cat ~~~ I will probably call them next Monday (assuming they won't work in the weekend.

Thank you. I remember you. Congrats too!!! Why don't you call them today? Good luck!!!

Last edited:
Not that I'm a hater, but I was in the first batch and got the same application complete email on 7/20 and I didn't get an interview invite! I guess no news is better than bad news. Congrats!!!

their dat scores are super high...dont sweat ull get one to =)

...i envy u guys with the interview to nyu...ive never been to new york...i would loveeeee to go there ...i need to stop checking my mail now =(

...i envy u guys with the interview to nyu...ive never been to new york...i would loveeeee to go there ...i need to stop checking my mail now =(

Well, I'm a NY resident and I work 5 blocks away from nyucd actually lol......

Any chance Columbia, Boston, Maryland, or UPenn interview offers will come out soon? I would love to possibly schedule more than one east coast interview in the same trip to save $ on flights.

I heard Maryland and Penn interviews won't be until later (August).

Any chance Columbia, Boston, Maryland, or UPenn interview offers will come out soon? I would love to possibly schedule more than one east coast interview in the same trip to save $ on flights.

Exactly the reason why I chose all the schools within driving distance of me! Except buffalo... which is a 7-8 hour drive... Might as well make it international and move it to canada :(

getting nervous.....

I was in 2nd batch, got completion mail from NYU on 7/20, but no words from NYU yet :(:(:(:(

getting nervous.....

I was in 2nd batch, got completion mail from NYU on 7/20, but no words from NYU yet :(:(:(:(

1st batch here...and no word. I really gotta stop coming on this site :(

BUT congrats to all of you got interviews!!! :)

For those of you who got interview from NYU, congratulations first of all.

Do you guys see NYU status on your school descision page??

getting nervous.....

holy crap. How did you not hear from them already? Those stats are awesome.

Congratulations guys and gals. Still waiting to hear from NYU as well. I was also in the second mailing batch and received confirmation on 7/20. Hopefully I'll get one soon, anyways good luck on your interviews.

I have all my materials sent in and my app was sent 7/22. Just received an interview from Nova Southeastern but I haven't taken my DAT yet... Aug 15th. Is this unusual?

BCP: 3.85, Science: 3.87, NS: 3.93, Total: 3.90

No NYU interview, first batch

Does this mean we are going to get rejected?

No NYU interview, first batch

Does this mean we are going to get rejected?

I hope not, but they run interviews from September through March. I'm guessing we will all get one sooner or later. Im trying not to worry too much and I'm just glad I didn't get an email stating that they regret to inform me...

I have all my materials sent in and my app was sent 7/22. Just received an interview from Nova Southeastern but I haven't taken my DAT yet... Aug 15th. Is this unusual?

BCP: 3.85, Science: 3.87, NS: 3.93, Total: 3.90

LOL! What if there's a mixup and you have an awesome score.

I hope not, but they run interviews from September through March. I'm guessing we will all get one sooner or later. Im trying not to worry too much and I'm just glad I didn't get an email stating that they regret to inform me...

This is a question that I haven't been able to get a good answer to. If you were in the first mailing batch, then it's obvious that they've already took some sort of look at your application. At this point, if they haven't decided to extend an interview offer, what are they waiting for?

It's my theory that you're either getting rejected, or you'll get a post December invite when the accepted students don't pay their deposits and spots open up.

I don't want to scare you. Can anyone provide some insight?

All of the sudden I have seven updates on my school decisions page on AADSAS. Worth checking. None of them have anything to do with interviews (yet), but they at least confirm that some schools that I hadn't heard from yet had received my app.

This is a question that I haven't been able to get a good answer to. If you were in the first mailing batch, then it's obvious that they've already took some sort of look at your application. At this point, if they haven't decided to extend an interview offer, what are they waiting for?

It's my theory that you're either getting rejected, or you'll get a post December invite when the accepted students don't pay their deposits and spots open up.

I don't think so. I think it is more likely that the people who have received interviews thus far happened to be at the top of the pile of apps and had really good stats/ecs. The admissions committee probably saw on first look that they liked the applicant and extended an interview immediately. Considering the large number of applicants that a school like NYU receives, I find it unlikely that they have already looked at all the applications they have received. First mailing batch doesn't really mean much now anyways, you are in a big stack with everyone else. Just chill out and let the process run it's course. There isn't much you can do anyways, so there is no sense worrying.

As mentioned-- AADSAS has updated some schools' stuff.

Can someone please copy and paste that NYU complete email? I got one that says
"Application to NYU College of Dentistry Received"
on 7/19 but nothing other than that, is that the same one you guys speak of?

All my stuff was mailed to NYU by 7/8..I have no idea why I just got the application complete e-mail yesterday. That's aggrevating.

nah you should get another email saying Application Complete other than the application received one.

I applied last year, too. Didn't get anything except a rejection letter form NYU ~ keep your hope up :)

Thank you. I remember you. Congrats too!!! Why don't you call them today? Good luck!!!

Want to know when will be the best time to meet with my friend in NY :) don't want to rush to get an appointment and change it later.

NYC is somewhere I want to spend a couple of yrs in, but not my life :p

Exactly the reason why I chose all the schools within driving distance of me! Except buffalo... which is a 7-8 hour drive... Might as well make it international and move it to canada :(

LOL I like the "make it international" part

For Texas, if they don't come early, they never come. (they = interviews)
not sure about other states' dental schools

Last edited:
How do you tell what batch # you're in?

How do you tell what batch # you're in?

Just by the Mail Date on AADSAS (under Dental School Designations). One batch us generated each week for the schools to download. First few weeks were a Monday, now it looks like Fridays.

#1 - 6/27
#2 - 7/4
#3 - 7/11
#4 - 7/18
#5 - 7/22
#6 - 7/29
#7 - 8/5

Something like that.

For Texas, if they don't come early, they never come. (they = interviews)
not sure about other states' dental schools

:( Really???? like how do you know? :(

Has anyone heard from university of Kentucky ?

They updated my aadsas status yesterday: Received/Waiting Additional Information.

my mailling date: 7/22

I am going to call them on Monday to see what i am missing.

I filled out their supplement application . Haven't seen anyone else mention them