**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2012-2013**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview Invitation

Date: February 19th (Tuesday)
School: Tufts
Interview Date: March 4th, 2013 (Monday)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just got my first interview invitation to NYU.

Also been rejected from GHSU, UAB, and Louisville. Application didn't get sent out until October and my committee letter wasn't in until 12/5, so I was very late this cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
TUFTS!!!!!!!!!

Notification date: 2/19/13
Method of notification: email
Residency: Oregon
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/26/12
Application complete date: 9/31/12
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.31; oGPA: 3.50
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/20/23/none

Stats?

Just got my first interview invitation to NYU.

Also been rejected from GHSU, UAB, and Louisville. Application didn't get sent out until October and my committee letter wasn't in until 12/5, so I was very late this cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally Posted by flatcamelbak
Invited for interview at Pitt

I heard Pitt finished interviews at the end of January.

Just an update...

Interviewed at LECOM, NOVA, UNLV, University of Michigan, and Indiana University (Declined interview invitation from NYU)
Accepted at LECOM, NOVA, and University of Michigan
Denied at Indiana University
Waiting to hear from UNLV

Originally I put my deposit in at Nova until I heard back from the University of Michigan yesterday so I will be removing myself from Nova and thus there will be another opening for someone on the wait list!

Best of luck to all! Keep your head up- dreams really do come true!

Rejected from VCU no interview waitlisted at Maryland. Declined spot at UK

Rejection from VCU today no interview. One sub 17 section really lowers my chance by a lot. I guess East coast schools don't like that.

Rejection from VCU today no interview. One sub 17 section really lowers my chance by a lot. I guess East coast schools don't like that.
I Hear ya. Only west coast schools and Detroit gave me a chance this year with a sub 17

It's probably time to start it up with invites and rejections rolling in. Let's keep it organized. Good luck everyone!

Please use the following format for your interview notifications, so that we can all benefit from the information you're willing to share.

School:
Notification date:
Method of notification:
Residency:
AADSAS mail-out date:
Application complete date:
GPA (science, overall)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):
Hi All,

What is Pre-Dental i want know?

Thanks
Aniket

Haha.. Probably not luck that got you in. I'm sure you did well in all the other areas :). Some schools will overlook a 16 in qr.. But not in a science or reading section

USC interview for Wednesday or march 25. Last dates available. Will not attend

Hi predent0228,
USC still send out invitation this late? When did you apply and whats ur stats? Would you mind share?

I applied in August 3.5 3.1 science 21 TS 20 AA hope this helps! they wanted me to let them know about coming to interview by March 15th.!

:D goodluck

so if we got no iv's at this point, safe to say its over?

still havent heard anything back from the major private schools

ie, tufts boston usc case..etc

so if we got no iv's at this point, safe to say its over?

still havent heard anything back from the major private schools

ie, tufts boston usc case..etc
I can't say for sure, but prepare to re-apply again next year? Call the schools for a more definite answer. I think USC and Boston are over. I think the last USC interview date is the 26th. I'm not too sure about the other two. They're probably done as well though.

Just got an interview to OHSU, but I will be turning it down.

Maryland rejection via snail mail. They're starting to roll in.

Accepted into UDM today off the alternate list! Interviewed in November.

just got invited for an interview at OHSU..yea....turning that down.

Hey all! Have any of you received financial aid awards yet? Just curious when those are supposed to be coming out.

Still have not heard back from any school and neither was I invited for a interview.. I am so worried!

My breakdown:
PA: 17
QR: 16
RC: 16
BIO: 18
GCHEM: 23
ORGO: 23
TS: 20
AA: 19

Also- I am in a masters program for biomedical science my cum gpa is 3.845

do you think i still have a chance?

Last edited:
Still have not heard back from any school and neither was I invited for a interview.. I am so worried!

My breakdown:

You may be out of luck this cycle if you have yet to be interviewed, but certainly have a very good chance if you reapply next year. Apply early to at least 10 schools and I think you will for sure get in, maybe add to your shadowing and volunteer hours as well but your stats look good, DAT is avg, GPA above average. (upon further glance, those 16's on the DAT might be hindering your chances, you may want to retake it)

I have the similar DAT score, and I was accepted to Upenn and WVU.

My breakdown:

I have the similar DAT score, and I was accepted to Upenn and WVU.

I got accepted at Minnesota. Interviewed at Iowa but later rejected via email. Rejected at Colorado and Marquette without interview.