**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2013-2014**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
4th acceptance this week: NOVA!!!! :soexcited:

This is seriously a dream come true!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wait listed at UF via mail today. Anyone know how frequent people are accepted off wait lists at UF ( I find it hard to believe that it will be likely)?

LECOM waitlisted me. The school very few like and almost all only applied to as a back up for their back up plan said no to me. A clear a sign I'll ever get indicating my app really stunk and I was doomed to failure from the start.

Anyways, a minor setback. With 21 cred of sci classes and research this semester, next cycle will have results more fruitful than if I got in there now.

Last edited:
LECOM waitlisted me. The school very few like and almost all only applied to as a back up for their back up plan said no to me. A clear a sign I'll ever get indicating my app really stunk and I was doomed to failure from the start.

Anyways, a minor setback. With 21 cred of sci classes and research this semester, next cycle will have results more fruitful than if I got in there now.

Waitlist or rejection? Just because they waitlisted you doesn't mean you won't get in. Lots of people get accepted off of the waiting list.

Reactions: 1 user

I was also waitlisted at LECOM, but I still received a few invites from other schools as well as an acceptance at NYU. So it's doesn't necessarily means you're not qualified, just we may not be the right candidate for them. Just stay positive!

just curious, but did you apply late? or is there some red flag in your app? your DAT scores look great

Members don't see this ad :)
just curious, but did you apply late? or is there some red flag in your app? your DAT scores look great
Nope. Early, 2nd batch. The only red flag I could think of in my app s my low cumGPA 3.2 and sci 3.0. Another possible flag: Im a chem major and my chemGPA is like 2.88, I took most of my chem courses 1st 2 years of undergrad, when I was doing really bad but my gen chem and ochem scores in the DAT are 1 or 2 points away from 30 so I do know my chemistry.
Waitlist or rejection? Just because they waitlisted you doesn't mean you won't get in. Lots of people get accepted off of the waiting list.
Waitlist. Small chance of getting off. If I believed in luck Id say I was cursed with bad luck, so very likely I wont be one of the fortunate few.
I was also waitlisted at LECOM, but I still received a few invites from other schools as well as an acceptance at NYU. So it's doesn't necessarily means you're not qualified, just we may not be the right candidate for them. Just stay positive!
I know Im qualified, but getting in is a numbers game. Regardless of how well Ive been doing recently, my low grades from freshman and sophomore year still pull down my numbers and give me a hard time.

Last edited:
Interview invite #4 to BU. Will be declining. Hopefully this helps someone out!

Received a VCU interview invite today but will be turning it down.

Rejected at Marquette w/o an interview :p

Reactions: 1 user
Very, very excited to be finally able to join you guys in this thread.

Acceptance #1
School: Meharry
Notification date: 2/12/2014
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TN
AADSAS mail-out date: 12/2/2013
Application complete date: 12/11/2013
GPA (science, overall): 3.28, 3.37
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/15/25/PAT

Not URM (Asian Male)

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users
bounced by marquette.

granted an interview by roseman.

Looks like Marquette is done this year. Rejected by Marquette without an interview, also after an e-mail saying that I'm "on-hold" 2 months ago.

Got off Rutgers' waitlist, pew pew.

Reactions: 7 users
Hey everyone, super stoked that I got my second acceptance today at a school that I ended up falling in love with at my interview (Western U)!

-Interviewed at UDM on December 5th and was ACCEPTED on January 27th (phone call). I will be calling to withdraw my acceptance tomorrow :(.
-Interviewed at Nova on January 24th and a few days later it said DENIED on AADSAS portal, although I have yet to hear from them.
-Interviewed at Western University on February 8th and was called and ACCEPTED today!! I am 99% sure I will be going here.

-Invited to interviews at MOSDOH and Case Western, which I have yet to schedule, and will most likely not.
-Have interviews scheduled at NYU and Columbia for Feb 20th & 21st, however I may end up cancelling them soon.

My stats
Residency: California
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/12/13
Application complete date: 11/01/13 (Took my DAT for first time on October 8th, 2013)
GPA (science, overall): 3.31 , 3.50
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 / 21 / 23 / 21 / none

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone, super stoked that I got my second acceptance today at a school that I ended up falling in love with at my interview (Western U)!

-Interviewed at UDM on December 5th and was ACCEPTED on January 27th (phone call). I will be calling to withdraw my acceptance tomorrow :(.
-Interviewed at Nova on January 24th and a few days later it said DENIED on AADSAS portal, although I have yet to hear from them.
-Interviewed at Western University on February 8th and was called and ACCEPTED today!! I am 99% sure I will be going here.

-Invited to interviews at MOSDOH and Case Western, which I have yet to schedule, and will most likely not.
-Have interviews scheduled at NYU and Columbia for Feb 20th & 21st, however I may end up cancelling them soon.

My stats
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/12/13
Application complete date: 11/01/13 (Took my DAT for first time on October 8th, 2013)
GPA (science, overall): 3.31 , 3.50
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 / 21 / 23 / 21 / none

Can I ask you what made you fall in love with Western?

Rejections

Schools: Case Western and Pittsburgh
Notification date: 12/02/2013 and 02/13/2013
Residency: Canada (Ontario)
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/09/2013
Application complete date: 09/19/2013
GPA (science, overall): 3.42, 3.41 (3.95 postbac)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/18/19

Accepted to Tufts!

Notification date: 2/14/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.31 3.21
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/22/none

Interview invite to unlv. Pretty sure that makes 11.

Snail mail from Western putting me on the alternate list -___-
Disappointed I couldn't go 6/6 on interviews that I attended, but I'm definitely happy with my cycle nonetheless!

Accepted off the waitlist at Pitt yesterday. :)
Now I'm deciding between Pittsburgh and Minnesota.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted at NYU and Pittsburgh and Waitlisted at UCSF. Pending Minnesota.
I don't know which school to put a deposit at. NYU is next week for $1500 and Pittsburgh $1000 by March 3.

I'm being optimistic and hoping I get off the waitlist at UCSF.

Which school would be better in terms of specializing? I already know Pittsburgh is almost 110-120K cheaper over the 4 years.

I don't know which school to put a deposit at. NYU is next week for $1500 and Pittsburgh $1000 by March 3.

Which school would be better in terms of specializing? I already know Pittsburgh is almost 110-120K cheaper over the 4 years.
I'd go to Pitt. Cheaper=better

Ditto, Pitt, unless you hear from UCSF.

Can I ask you what made you fall in love with Western?
The faculty is amazing. They work with students and are a new school so they are very open to change. For example, if you have 2 exams in one day or something, they would be willing to reschedule one for a later date. All the equipment is state-of-the-art and new. The modular system makes studying more focused and less stressful. The schools core values and their emphasis on helping in the community. The huge amount of clinical experience. A non-competitive atmosphere. Their openness to rotation ideas or ideas of helping in the community (for example I plan on creating a group that goes to orphanages in Mexico to provide dental care and my interviewer said he loved the idea and the school would work with me to make it happen). Oh man the list could go on... The only thing I don't like is the city it's in, I'd rather be in a bigger city like San Fran or New York, but it's something I'm willing to overlook.

The faculty is amazing. They work with students and are a new school so they are very open to change. For example, if you have 2 exams in one day or something, they would be willing to reschedule one for a later date. All the equipment is state-of-the-art and new. The modular system makes studying more focused and less stressful. The schools core values and their emphasis on helping in the community. The huge amount of clinical experience. A non-competitive atmosphere. Their openness to rotation ideas or ideas of helping in the community (for example I plan on creating a group that goes to orphanages in Mexico to provide dental care and my interviewer said he loved the idea and the school would work with me to make it happen). Oh man the list could go on... The only thing I don't like is the city it's in, I'd rather be in a bigger city like San Fran or New York, but it's something I'm willing to overlook.

Thank you, good luck.