**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2013-2014**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected from University of Maryland via snail mail. No interview. OOS

Members don't see this ad.

got my umd rejection. the letter is worded quite nicely. other schools should learn from them

Members don't see this ad :)
which school is UMD? are you referring to UDM in Detroit? Or UMB (Maryland)?
i didnt apply to mercy, i got an 'i regret to inform you...' from maryland.
im just used to calling it umd. i guess umb is more specific
btw congrats on vcu

When did you interview?
oh lol i didnt get an interview
however, i did go to umd for undergrad, so one might be inclined to think i would *maybe get an interview as kind of a courtesy......kinda maybe?

but like @toothtooth000 said in another thread i was apart of, "if you are blessed enough to have gotten an acceptance to ANY dental school, be grateful. everyone here was once a pre-dent wanting desperatley to GET IN, now once were in we become ratchet divas criticizing the crap out of every school."

well said.

Reactions: 2 users
Rejection from Maryland via snail mail. No interview, OOS.

4.07 oGPA, 4.01 sGPA
22TS/21AA/17PAT

Same here. No love for us CA people.

I got no love from UOP either! Heard nothing from them all cycle.....I'm super happy with where I'll be attending and probably would have chosen UCLA over UOP anyways but I always loved the school whenever I visited, heard great things from so many people and it would have been nice to at least been given an interview!

I got no love from UOP either! Heard nothing from them all cycle.....I'm super happy with where I'll be attending and probably would have chosen UCLA over UOP anyways but I always loved the school whenever I visited, heard great things from so many people and it would have been nice to at least been given an interview!
Yeah there is really something special about the people/faculty at UoP, never felt so at home. And the new facility is amazing...

I received an e-mail from Pittsburgh on 3/10 to ask me whether if I want to be on their alternative list.

Members don't see this ad :)
First acceptance!! Midwestern University-AZ!! DAT 18/18/19 3.4 GPA Non-traditional applicant!

Reactions: 18 users
Rejected from UF (instate), University of Maryland, Louisville, MWU-az, UC denver, NYU, BU, Tufts, WVU, and Nova (in state with interview)

Stats

Dat: 23/ts 23/aa 19/pat
Gpa. 3.2 (3.1 science gpa)

Still waiting to hear back from lecom

Rejected from UF (instate), University of Maryland, Louisville, MWU-az, UC denver, NYU, BU, Tufts, WVU, and Nova (in state with interview)

Stats

Dat: 23/ts 23/aa 19/pat
Gpa. 3.2 (3.1 science gpa)

Still waiting to hear back from lecom

Sorry to hear all that, and to be honest I'm pretty surprised. How late did you apply ? You should be getting at least some acceptances with those numbers!

Sorry to hear all that, and to be honest I'm pretty surprised. How late did you apply ? You should be getting at least some acceptances with those numbers!

I took the DAT during the first week of August, and sent in my application a week later.

I took the DAT during the first week of August, and sent in my application a week later.
did you not do that much shadowing or some sort of red flag? those numbers are good enough for those schools. I'm kinda surprised you haven't gotten accepted yet. Ausgust is not too early but it's not terribly late either.

did you not do that much shadowing or some sort of red flag? those numbers are good enough for those schools. I'm kinda surprised you haven't gotten accepted yet. Ausgust is not too early but it's not terribly late either.

yeah, I have four withdraws on my transcripts from undergrad (one which was excused due to health situation). I graduated last year on time but rarely took more than 12-13 credits a semester. At the time of applying I had 60 hours of shadowing, Ill def have more when I reapply this year. as well as more volunteering.

Ya doesn't seem right. I have lower DAT, applied in October, have way more W's, and i've been accepted to multiple programs. LOR's maybe? Personal Statement? I dunno how much schools care about that but I think they gave my app a huge boost.

After receiving so many rejections in the past month, I finally get another interview invite from MWU-IL. :)
~3.4 oGPA, ~3.2 sGPA, 19/19/19 (AA/TS/PAT), OOS

Reactions: 3 users
My interview at MUW-IL was scheduled on March 20, and I have just cancelled it and withdrew my application

Good luck to those who are waiting!

Reactions: 1 user
Ya doesn't seem right. I have lower DAT, applied in October, have way more W's, and i've been accepted to multiple programs. LOR's maybe? Personal Statement? I dunno how much schools care about that but I think they gave my app a huge boost.
I didn't realize BU and Tufts were sending out rejections yet?
I just assumed I am rejected since its mid march and I havent gotten a interview yet, same goes with mwu.

I have 3 letters of rec, and my personal statement was pretty good. On top of that I have over 400 research hours (no publications though) I guess I could contact the schools and ask them how I can improve my application for when I reapply.

yeah, I have four withdraws on my transcripts from undergrad (one which was excused due to health situation). I graduated last year on time but rarely took more than 12-13 credits a semester. At the time of applying I had 60 hours of shadowing, Ill def have more when I reapply this year. as well as more volunteering.

Do you have a reasonable amount of upper science courses? Those might help offset the fact that you averaged 12-13 credits/semester. 60 hrs shadowing might be a problem with some schools. I believe most look for minimum 100 hrs of shadowing. How many volunteering hours did you have?

Anyway sorry to hear about that man. I wish you the best of luck in the next cycle.

I have 3 letters of rec, and my personal statement was pretty good. On top of that I have over 400 research hours (no publications though) I guess I could contact the schools and ask them how I can improve my application for when I reapply.
I would do that because it sounds like you are a stronger applicant than me. Youll make it. Keep your chin up.

Accepted to Indiana off the waitlist via email today

Reactions: 8 users
Do any of you guys know when U of Maryland will send out acceptance letters to people who interviewed post Jan 1st?

Do any of you guys know when U of Maryland will send out acceptance letters to people who interviewed post Jan 1st?
They just sent out waitlist emails to a bunch of ppl. It said the class was full and there will be movement in the next few weeks leading up to April 1 and some movement after.

Ok, what exactly are "batches" of interviews? Like 1st batch, 2nd batch, 4th batch, ect.

Usually when SDNers refer to batches, they are referring to the initial mailing of an application from aadsas to your designated schools. Students who are on top of it will submit their applications early, and those applications will be mailed first, as in the "first batch". Once the mailing begins, subsequent mailing dates are scheduled a week or so apart, resulting in the 2nd, 3rd, and so on. The main thing to take away from batch enthusiasm on SDN is that it behoves you to apply early! It is not really an "official" qualification.

Accepted to Temple today via e-mail! Couldn't be more excited.

Reactions: 10 users
Got quite a few updates since I last posted, so I just decided to re-post a modified version below. I finished the cycle with 9 interview invites, attended 4 of them, and accepted to 3 schools. Today I received my last acceptance, which just happened to be my top choice school. I had already made the deposit at Western U, which I absolutely loved, but ASDOH was my top choice going in and I am going to have to let Western U go, even though it is a super tough decision to make!

-Interviewed at UDM on December 5th and was ACCEPTED on January 27th (phone call). Withdrew my acceptance.
-Interviewed at Nova on January 24th and DENIED via snail mail a month later.
-Interviewed at Western University on February 8th and was ACCEPTED on February 12th (phone call). Made initial deposit, but I will be withdrawing soon.
-Interviewed at ASDOH on February 25th and was ACCEPTED today (phone call)!!! I will be attending here.

-Invited to interviews and scheduled them at MOSDOH (1/16), NYU (2/6), Columbia (2/7), Case Western (2/10), and USC (2/26), but cancelled and did not attend them.

My stats
Residency: California
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/12/13
Application complete date: 11/01/13 (Took my DAT for first time on October 8th, 2013)
GPA (science, overall): 3.31 , 3.50
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 / 21 / 23 / 21 / none

Reactions: 3 users
Got quite a few updates since I last posted, so I just decided to re-post a modified version below. I finished the cycle with 9 interview invites, attended 4 of them, and accepted to 3 schools. Today I received my last acceptance, which just happened to be my top choice school. I had already made the deposit at Western U, which I absolutely loved, but ASDOH was my top choice going in and I am going to have to let Western U go, even though it is a super tough decision to make!

-Interviewed at UDM on December 5th and was ACCEPTED on January 27th (phone call). Withdrew my acceptance.
-Interviewed at Nova on January 24th and DENIED via snail mail a month later.
-Interviewed at Western University on February 8th and was ACCEPTED on February 12th (phone call). Made initial deposit, but I will be withdrawing soon.
-Interviewed at ASDOH on February 25th and was ACCEPTED today (phone call)!!! I will be attending here.

-Invited to interviews and scheduled them at MOSDOH (1/16), NYU (2/6), Columbia (2/7), Case Western (2/10), and USC (2/26), but cancelled and did not attend them.

My stats
Residency: California
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/12/13
Application complete date: 11/01/13 (Took my DAT for first time on October 8th, 2013)
GPA (science, overall): 3.31 , 3.50
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 / 21 / 23 / 21 / none
Smart decision!

First Acceptance!
CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY!
Interviewed back in August.

My stats:
Residency: Georgia
AADSAS mail-out date: First Batch
GPA (science, overall): 3.60, 3.80
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/18/22/19/nope

Reactions: 18 users
accepted off of the case alternate list

Reactions: 4 users
Rejected w/ no interview: Louisville, Pitt, Minnesota

Rejected but offered to be considered as alternate: Creighton (denied opportunity)

Interviews:
OHSU - accepted
Temple - accepted (I relinquished my spot)
Pacific - waitlisted

My stats:
Residency: Oregon
AADSAS mail-out date: October 30
GPA (science, overall): 3.4, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/20/22/no

Finally got an acceptance! I am heading to NYU!
GPA (Science, Overall) = 3.15, 3.15 (Strong gpa upward trend from 1.9 first year)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/below 17)= 23/25/25/none

Reactions: 19 users
Rejected w/ no interview: Louisville, Pitt, Minnesota

Rejected but offered to be considered as alternate: Creighton (denied opportunity)

Interviews:
OHSU - accepted
Temple - accepted (I relinquished my spot)
Pacific - waitlisted

My stats:
Residency: Oregon
AADSAS mail-out date: October 30
GPA (science, overall): 3.4, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/20/22/no

Could I ask when you found out that you were rejected but considered to be an alternate for Creighton? I called there about 2 weeks ago because I haven't heard anything from them and all they said was that I was, "still in the running" and wouldn't give me a timeline of any other decisions that would be made soon.