**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014-2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any ideas on chances of getting off of a Maryland wait list? I know its not great, but I was just wondering if I should just forget about MD completely?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know the specific date people have to choose between their multiple deposits?

Does anyone know the specific date people have to choose between their multiple deposits?
I think it is by April 1st. I read somewhere that AADSAS will notify schools if students had more than one deposit down on April 5th.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Schools will then notify applicants and they will have 15 days to make a decision.

Schools will then notify applicants and they will have 15 days to make a decision.

Not so much the student making a decision, if the are still holding multiple deposits after 15 days the schools will unenroll them.

Does anybody have advice on BU's acceptance/rejection wait-time after an interview or info on how much of the class is filled?
It's been 4 weeks since my interview :(

Well dang, two rejections out of three: VCU down, Tennessee down, Louisville still waiting, but not hopeful

Application GPA after Academic updates
BCP -3.9
sGPA: ~3.5
oGPA: ~3.3

DAT: 21

Applied in late September and have very low volunteer and extracurricular involvement

Anybody still waiting on Louisville?

Well dang, two rejections out of three: VCU down, Tennessee down, Louisville still waiting, but not hopeful

Application GPA after Academic updates
BCP -3.9
sGPA: ~3.5
oGPA: ~3.3

DAT: 21

Applied in late September and have very low volunteer and extracurricular involvement

If you're waiting for an interview I heard from their admissions office that interviews are done for this cycle

Rejected from VCU via portal this Monday, not even an email. Without interview even though I was really hopin'

I got rejected a long time ago and didn't know for a long time because I don't check portal. At least it's better than Tennessee who sent me a rejection with a name that sounded like someone from Harry Potter, then sent an apology letter that claimed the rejection was still valid despite the fictional name.

Reactions: 6 users
I got rejected a long time ago and didn't know for a long time because I don't check portal. At least it's better than Tennessee who sent me a rejection with a name that sounded like someone from Harry Potter, then sent an apology letter that claimed the rejection was still valid despite the fictional name.
Ouch, I wouldn't even want to go there after that

I was waitlisted there and CWRU. However, I was also accepted to Creighton and tOSU....I'm attending tOSU. Already rejected Creighton, and told Louisville and CWRU to remove me from waitlist because ima be a Buckeye...

Reactions: 2 users
I was waitlisted there and CWRU. However, I was also accepted to Creighton and tOSU....I'm attending tOSU. Already rejected Creighton, and told Louisville and CWRU to remove me from waitlist because ima be a Buckeye...

No need for the t in front of osu

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
An attempt to differentiate between OSU (Ohio "THE OSU"), OSU (Oregon State), and OSU (Oklahoma)

Oklahoma is OU not OSU. That would be Oklahoma state which I don't believe has a dental school.

tOSU is the common way to write it. Just like USCe is South Carolina and USCw is South California.

tOSU is the common way to write it. Just like USCe is South Carolina and USCw is South California.
There's no "e" in South Carolina and there's no "w" in California.

So you're wrong, Buttface.

Reactions: 3 users
And here, we see a beautiful internet trend blossoming.

Isn't the internet great? Buttface?

Reactions: 11 users
Oklahoma is OU not OSU. That would be Oklahoma state which I don't believe has a dental school.
Yeah neither does OSU (Oregon State) hence the original comment that there was no need for the "t"OSU in this case...

Yeah neither does OSU (Oregon State) hence the original comment that there was no need for the "t"OSU in this case...

It's the standard way to refer to the school... Are people really upset over one letter?

Ah joining the goonsquad I see. lolz :troll::poke:

Last edited:
We do it to pi$$ people off...lol. And it seems to work.

Just received an invite to Case Western!

School: Case Western
Notification Date: 3/26/15
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: Canada
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27/2014
Application Complete Date: 6/13/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.44, 3.45
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/19/21/none

Reactions: 9 users
We do it to pi$$ people off...lol. And it seems to work.
Admit it, you guys did it because you didn't know the "correct" abbreviation. I don't get why people feel inclined to lie on here like they have something to prove. Besides, these forums are anonymous and no one will know who exactly made such a tiny mistake like this. Anyways, onward to what this thread is about… **OFFICIAL INTERVIEW/ACCEPTANCE/REJECTION THREAD**

Reactions: 5 users
I'm just gonna interrupt this nomenclature discussion...

School: University of Pittsburgh
Notification date: 3/24
Interview date: 10/27
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
GPA (science, overall): grad oGPA and sGPA: 3.63, undergrad: 3.1, 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA/20 PAT/24 RC/none below 17

So happy and thankful, words can't express. This is my first acceptance. I interviewed back in October, but better late than never. Everyone who told me to be patient, they were right.

Reactions: 17 users
Admit it, you guys did it because you didn't know the "correct" abbreviation. I don't get why people feel inclined to lie on here like they have something to prove. Besides, these forums are anonymous and no one will know who exactly made such a tiny mistake like this. Anyways, onward to what this thread is about… **OFFICIAL INTERVIEW/ACCEPTANCE/REJECTION THREAD**

People LIE on the INTERNET?!

Nooooo......

Thought there are laws against that.

DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA/20 PAT/24 RC/none below 17

So happy and thankful, words can't express. This is my first acceptance. I interviewed back in October, but better late than never. Everyone who told me to be patient, they were right.
Congratulation on ur acceptance! U must be so thrilled!!

Congrats! I am really hoping to get an interview here even though its late in the cycle. Out of curiosity, did your ADEA AADSAS portal status change to "interview invite" after you got the email?

interview?

And here, we see a beautiful internet trend blossoming.

Isn't the internet great? Buttface?
DentalDoge, your comments are sometimes like fresh breeze in the middle of some sad talks ;) keep it going:)

Accepted to UPenn! Pinch me, am I dreaming? Beyond excited!! Hope others waiting hear good news soon!:soexcited::banana:

Reactions: 15 users

Congrats , very happy for you!:highfive:

Congrats! I am really hoping to get an interview here even though its late in the cycle. Out of curiosity, did your ADEA AADSAS portal status change to "interview invite" after you got the email?
Thanks! My AADSAS did change to "Invited for Interview" today. Got the invitation to interview e-mail last night at 12:04am!

Heres my big update for y'all:

Mail-out July 1st
Undergrad GPA: 3.74 sGPA: 3.68
DAT: AA 20 PAT 19 RC 23 >> QR 17 (was told by my pre-health advisor that QR is fine, dont retake)
160+ hours of shadowing in all specialties, more hours in general Dentistry, many EC's, college football player for 4 years, fraternity positions, volunteer, etc.

UofD Mercy: Interviewed September 27th - Waitlisted - still waiting
UofMichigan: Interviewed January 16th - Denied
University of Illinois Mid. : Interviewed November 6th - Denied
UofMinnesota: Interviewed January 9th - Waitlisted
Marquette University: Interviewed October 31st - Waitlisted - updated to "Alternate Pool" on February 25th, which is different than alternate list - $1000 deposit made, still not accepted
Nova Southeastern University: Interviewed Dec. 12th - Waitlisted
Colorado University: Rejected by email
LECOM: Silence since last July
Case Western - Rejected by email

No acceptances at this point.

Since then I have emailed all the schools that I am waitlisted at with a "Letter of Intent" and I have sent an additional letter of rec. to all of them from my dentist whom I shadowed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks and good luck to you all.

Heres my big update for y'all:

Mail-out July 1st
Undergrad GPA: 3.74 sGPA: 3.68
DAT: AA 20 PAT 19 RC 23 >> QR 17 (was told by my pre-health advisor that QR is fine, dont retake)
160+ hours of shadowing in all specialties, more hours in general Dentistry, many EC's, college football player for 4 years, fraternity positions, volunteer, etc.

UofD Mercy: Interviewed September 27th - Waitlisted - still waiting
UofMichigan: Interviewed January 16th - Denied
University of Illinois Mid. : Interviewed November 6th - Denied
UofMinnesota: Interviewed January 9th - Waitlisted
Marquette University: Interviewed October 31st - Waitlisted - updated to "Alternate Pool" on February 25th, which is different than alternate list - $1000 deposit made, still not accepted
Nova Southeastern University: Interviewed Dec. 12th - Waitlisted
Colorado University: Rejected by email
LECOM: Silence since last July
Case Western - Rejected by email

No acceptances at this point.

Since then I have emailed all the schools that I am waitlisted at with a "Letter of Intent" and I have sent an additional letter of rec. to all of them from my dentist whom I shadowed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks and good luck to you all.

Only suggestion I can give is that if you do not get off the waitlist this cycle and have to reapply, work on your interview skills. Getting interviews means that they like you on paper and they just want to see how you are in person. Hopefully it won't get to that point and that you get off the waitlist somewhere!

Does anyone know if the University of Michigans waitlist moves a decent amount? And do you know how many people are actually on the waitlist?