**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014-2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected from temple on April fools day..

Can I respond and ask if they're joking? Lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 15 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected by Temple today via email w/o interview.....couldn't care less.

I got WL at my 1st choice - state school a couple of weeks ago. They said they expect some movement around April 1st. No news yet, which i'll take as good news :)

A lot of people suggest that if you get WL to continue to express your interest to the school.
However the week before I got WL, I did that and gave an update on what I'm doing.

I don't know if I should reach out again or not.
I don't want to be annoying and overkill it, and I don't really know what else I would say, BUT at the same time I don't want the adcom to think I'm chillin and that this isn't my 1st choice school.

What do you guys think?

(can you tell I'm overthinking this??)

Thank goodness i just started binge watching The Walking Dead to keep me somewhat distracted....

Reactions: 1 user
I got WL at my 1st choice - state school a couple of weeks ago. They said they expect some movement around April 1st. No news yet, which i'll take as good news :)

A lot of people suggest that if you get WL to continue to express your interest to the school.
However the week before I got WL, I did that and gave an update on what I'm doing.

I don't know if I should reach out again or not.
I don't want to be annoying and overkill it, and I don't really know what else I would say, BUT at the same time I don't want the adcom to think I'm chillin and that this isn't my 1st choice school.

What do you guys think?

(can you tell I'm overthinking this??)

Thank goodness i just started binge watching The Walking Dead to keep me somewhat distracted....

If you have an acceptance already I would say go for it and try reaching out again. Maybe saying that you have an acceptance elsewhere but if accepted off the wait list you'd withdraw from that school? Either way it's been a couple weeks so I'd contact them again. After all I don't think it can really hurt you at this point especially if you're already accepted somewhere.

If you have an acceptance already I would say go for it and try reaching out again. Maybe saying that you have an acceptance elsewhere but if accepted off the wait list you'd withdraw from that school? Either way it's been a couple weeks so I'd contact them again. After all I don't think it can really hurt you at this point especially if you're already accepted somewhere.

That's what I did..... Got into my top choice too. : )

ACCEPTED to UPENN today! On cloud nine :) :) :) Corky called at 11:09am. So happy right now!
Super excited for you Cassy! Can't wait to meet you and the rest of the class in August! CONGRATS!!:banana:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted to buffalo via phone call!!!!!! I will withdraw my acceptance from nyu!

Reactions: 9 users
Me too! Rejection from Temple AND an email recommending their post-bac program. That stings a little

Acceptance #5!

University of Pittsburgh
Residency: MD
AADSAS Mail-Out Date: early july
Application Complete Date: early july
Interview date: Honestly forget but it was pre-Decembrr
GPA: 3.8+ oGPA 3.8+ sGPA
DAT: 21 AA/19 TS/20 PAT
Notification date: April 1, 2015

Watch it be some sick and cruel April fools joke.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Accepted to the University of Michigan today.
Accepting the offer!
GPA 3.5 DAT 21
OOS.

Reactions: 10 users
Has anyone in this forum ever been placed on the Hold List and then been offered acceptance?

So I still have not been rejected from UCLA, maryland and Uop. Does that mean I still have a chance? Haha
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1428117249.757706.jpg

Reactions: 9 users
Congrats to all of you. It's very inspiring to hear about your acceptances.
@laingmeat: Congrats on being accepted to UMN. If you don't mind, are you a MN resident? I just talked to them and they flat out told me that OOS are at great disadvantage :(

Final Update:

Applied to: USC, Creighton, Louisville, Tufts, LECOM, Pitt, Nova, UF, Kentucky, UDM, Case Western, MWU-AZ, MWU-IL
Rejected Without Interview: USC
Interview Offers: Creighton, Louisville (Did Not Attend), Tufts (Did Not Attend), LECOM (Did Not Attend), Pitt, Nova, UF, Kentucky, UDM, Case Western, MWU-AZ, MWU-IL
Waitlisted: Creighton (99.99% Rejected at this point)
Accepted: Pitt, Nova, UF, Kentucky, UDM, Case Western, MWU-AZ, MWU-IL
Attending: Pitt

Stats in signature!

Reactions: 8 users
Congrats to all of you. It's very inspiring to hear about your acceptances.
@laingmeat: Congrats on being accepted to UMN. If you don't mind, are you a MN resident? I just talked to them and they flat out told me that OOS are at great disadvantage :(

Hey there! I actually am OOS. Michigan resident.

I am pleased to inform you all that this morning at 8:40 a.m. Dr. Jeffers from UofD Mercy called me and offered me a seat! This is my first and only acceptance so far! I am so happy right now words cannot even explain! Thank you all for your help and support during this time it actually helped me a lot.

again;

MI Resident
Undergrad GPA: 3.79 sGPA 3.68 Exercise Science Major, Bio. Minor
DAT: AA: 20 TS:19 PAT: 19
App. completely done on 7/1/2014

I wish you all who are still waiting the best of luck and keep your head up, the call is coming!

Reactions: 26 users
I am pleased to inform you all that this morning at 8:40 a.m. Dr. Jeffers from UofD Mercy called me and offered me a seat! This is my first and only acceptance so far! I am so happy right now words cannot even explain! Thank you all for your help and support during this time it actually helped me a lot.

again;

MI Resident

I wish you all who are still waiting the best of luck and keep your head up, the call is coming!

Congrats boo!!!!
You renewed my hope and attitude this morning!

Hi guys! Hopefully there is movement this week for those of us waiting now that we have passed April 5th!
I was wondering if anyone knows if ALL dental schools contact accepted students who have multiple deposits to tell them to decide on a school within 15 days/or ALL dental schools assume applicants read the "trafficking rules" and can rescind acceptances in 15 days?
OR if some schools don't contact those with multiple deposits and give them their lovely time to decide on a school?

again;

MI Resident

So happy for you! Well deserved!! Now go celebrate!:soexcited::highfive::banana:

For a seat. How's your cycle going
They wait listed me in January and I haven't heard from them since, other than the confirmation to remain on the wait list a few weeks ago. That was my only interview out of 18 schools so I'll be reapplying. Congrats on the offer:)

Haven't posted on here in awhile but have been lurking this whole cycle and can finally contribute my results :)

Don't lose hope! I'm proof that the whole mediocre stats+good volunteering/ECs can still get acceptances. It's not just a numbers game. Also I found that my pre-Dec interviews seemed tougher to gain a seat/didn't have much luck getting an admittance even though my interview went similar to my post-Dec ones. For some reason, I feel like the post-Dec interviews were easier to gain admittance or maybe they're trying to fill seats? I think they just expect more earlier on in the cycle and are tougher with their criticisms and wait list a lot of people. Later on, they want to fill seats and would rather do that with new interviewees than wait listers maybe? Idk, that's just speculation but something that I found interesting.

Interviews: LECOM and ASDOH in October. Howard in February and Midwestern-IL in March.
Rejected: ASDOH in March
Waitlisted: LECOM since December
Accepted: Howard and Midwestern-IL
Attending: Midwestern-IL
GPA: 3.42 (science), 3.55 (overall)
DAT: 19 AA 18 TS

Good luck everyone and congrats to those accepted!

Reactions: 8 users
Haven't posted on here in awhile but have been lurking this whole cycle and can finally contribute my results :)

Don't lose hope! I'm proof that the whole mediocre stats+good volunteering/ECs can still get acceptances. It's not just a numbers game. Also I found that my pre-Dec interviews seemed tougher to gain a seat/didn't have much luck getting an admittance even though my interview went similar to my post-Dec ones. For some reason, I feel like the post-Dec interviews were easier to gain admittance or maybe they're trying to fill seats? I think they just expect more earlier on in the cycle and are tougher with their criticisms and wait list a lot of people. Later on, they want to fill seats and would rather do that with new interviewees than wait listers maybe? Idk, that's just speculation but something that I found interesting.

Interviews: LECOM and ASDOH in October. Howard in February and Midwestern-IL in March.
Rejected: ASDOH in March
Waitlisted: LECOM since December
Accepted: Howard and Midwestern-IL
Attending: Midwestern-IL
GPA: 3.42 (science), 3.55 (overall)
DAT: 19 AA 18 TS

Good luck everyone and congrats to those accepted!
Congratulations!

Has anyone received a REJECTION from UCLA? Or do they simply keep silent as their manner of rejecting you?

Has anyone received a REJECTION from UCLA? Or do they simply keep silent as their manner of rejecting you?

I think the rejections will slowly surface as we are getting closer to the end of the cycle. Haven't heard from em since June 2014

They wait listed me in January and I haven't heard from them since, other than the confirmation to remain on the wait list a few weeks ago. That was my only interview out of 18 schools so I'll be reapplying. Congrats on the offer:)
Stay postive and email the deans. I just got off the wait list from my top choice I know the feeling. I called and emailed them so many times they had no choice but to accept me lol

Stay postive and email the deans. I just got off the wait list from my top choice I know the feeling. I called and emailed them so many times they had no choice but to accept me lol
What did you say when you emailed and called?

would like to know how you are getting this done too... I have just been sending updates after updates to the admission office. I dont think the deans are really paying attention to who i am. 3.50 and 22 dat I still don't have a single acceptance sigh...

What did you say when you emailed and called?

would like to know how you are getting this done too... I have just been sending updates after updates to the admission office. I dont think the deans are really paying attention to who i am. 3.50 and 22 dat I still don't have a single acceptance sigh...

Generally, thats all you can really do. Send update.

But usually add in a couple of lines of "im still interested in hearing back" is pretty helpful.

I personally went to the admissions office to make sure they received everything and express my interest and was accepted the next morning.

Id advise against doing it too often though as it might get annoying.

Hope this helps.

I think the rejections will slowly surface as we are getting closer to the end of the cycle. Haven't heard from em since June 2014

Some schools have been pumping out rejections since August '14. But Im starting to get rejections from schools that have been silent this whole cycle.

Last edited:

What else did you have with your application? A reasonable GPA and a good DAT is nice, but it's not the only thing they consider. Maybe people can offer suggestions for improving your app for next cycle if you list what you had for shadowing, volunteer work, EC's, etc. Also, when did you apply?

Just rejected from Tufts, already accepted to NYU, so this rejection feels like just another email.

Reactions: 6 users
rejected from Tufts....i love rejection letters at this point lol. there is a reason i didnt update my AADSAS :p

Just rejected from Tufts, already accepted to NYU, so this rejection feels like just another email.

I received a rejection from Tufts too!! I read their email and thought eh...whatever as I put my NYU deposit in the mail.

Reactions: 5 users