**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014-2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm interviewing at LECOM on 9/9.

oGPA: 3.05
sGPA: 3.15
DAT: 21AA/21TS/23PAT/21RC
Currently taking graduate bio courses
Full time ASCP certified Medical Lab Scientist for 6 years
100+ shadowing, 200+ volunteering
BLS and ACLS certified
When did you submit?

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks. Mine was mailed out 8/1/14. Which may be why I haven't heard much yet

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview! :zip:

School: UPenn
Notification date: 08/22/14
Method of notification: email
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/25/14
Application complete date: 07/31/14

After an Interview Drought!
Number 2 Baby!

School: University of Pacific
Interview date: Have to schedule
Notification date: 8/22/14
Method of notification: Phone
Residency: CA
6th Batch (8/1)
GPA (science, overall): 3.62, 3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/20/26/None

Reactions: 4 users
Number 2 Baby!

6th Batch (8/1)
Congrats. Did you have an application complete email before?

Number 2 Baby!

6th Batch (8/1)

Congrats!! Do you mind sharing when you received your application complete email? Thank you and good luck!!

Edit: nevermind, just saw your post about "file under review" afterwards hehe. I got mine on 8/19 too...really hoping to hear some good news from them

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I got the file under review email on the 19th as well from UoP. Hopefully I'll get a phone call soon

Reactions: 1 user
3rd Interview!!! :biglove::banana::zip:

School: ASDOH
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/18/14
Application complete date: 8/9/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.72, 3.52
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/26/22/none
Interview Date: 9/22/14 - afternoon

4th Interview!

School : ASDOH
Notification date : 8 / 22/2014
Method of notification : email
Residency : Alaska
AADSAS mail-out date : 7 / 7 / 14
GPA ( science, overall ) : Sci 3.69 overall 3.65
DAT ( AA / TS / PAT / Reading / any section below 17 ) : 19 AA, 18 TS, 23 PAT, 20 RC, 16 BIO
Interview date: 9/29/14 morning

Haha I guess I can check UOP off my list. I submitted everything at 7/25 and still didn't even get a file under review email from them. Jk, after seeing these interview invites, I may need to take blood pressure pills pretty soon.

Reactions: 2 users
Haha I guess I can check UOP off my list. I submitted everything at 7/25 and still didn't even get a file under review email from them. Jk, after seeing these interview invites, I may need to take blood pressure pills pretty soon.

Have a drink and relax. My app was mailed the 2nd batch, June 20. I received an email about a month later saying my app was complete. It took nearly another month before I got the email saying my app was under review by the adcom. Give it time. I'm sure you'll get an email soon saying your app was received. You'll drive yourself crazy if you keep checking this thread.

YESSS! First two interviews on the same day!

School: UCONN
Method of notification: e-mail
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/8 (Application), 8/15 (DAT Scores)
Application complete date: 8/17
GPA (science, overall): 3.94/3.89 (+/-) ; 4.00/3.94 (W/O)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 27/25/23/28/none

School: NYU
Method of notification: e-mail
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/8 (Application), 8/15 (DAT Scores)
Application complete date: 8/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.94/3.89 (+/-) ; 4.00/3.94 (W/O)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 27/25/23/28/none

Guys, i received appl complete email from only 4 schools, rest 12 just says under review on aadsas. Do i have to call all those 12 schools to verify if its complete? Or under review means fine?

Number 2 Baby!

6th Batch (8/1)

did they call you from a restricted number or was it the admissions office number? Thanks.

Guys, i received appl complete email from only 4 schools, rest 12 just says under review on aadsas. Do i have to call all those 12 schools to verify if its complete? Or under review means fine?

I'm pretty sure under review is fine. They wouldn't be reviewing it unless they had everything! I had a school contact me for an interview even though they never sent me an "app complete" email and my AADSAS portal just said "under review"

Some schools I received emails a few days later than what AADSAS said. Others I received emails before AADSAS. I guess it's a toss up. You could always call to check, but if some schools received everything and confirmed, it would mean others received those same materials. You should be good.

Invites: LSU / UF / Nova / UAB / UTHSC / UK / LECOM / MUSC
Notification: 7/8; 7/9; 7/9; 7/15; 7/23; 7/26; 8/4; 8/13
Method: email (accompanying phone call from UAB & MUSC)
Residence: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27/14
Application complete date: 6/17/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.28, 3.34
DAT(AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 23/23/22/26/none

i'm soooooo nervous right now...... 24AA 25 TS 23 PAT 22 RC... 3.39 oGPA and 3.47 sGPA..... ZERO interviews.......

i'm soooooo nervous right now...... 24AA 25 TS 23 PAT 22 RC... 3.39 oGPA and 3.47 sGPA..... ZERO interviews.......
What!! No..I don't think you have anything to worry about -- I mean, look at those scores! Either you applied a little later, or the schools you applied to haven't handed out interviews yet.
...right!?

What!! No..I don't think you have anything to worry about -- I mean, look at those scores! Either you applied a little later, or the schools you applied to haven't handed out interviews yet.
...right!?
I was second batch i believe (6/27). There were some hiccups with some of the schools about receiving my letters but everything was sorted out and completed by the end of July. Out of the schools I applied to, unlv, upenn, columbia, and uop have seemed to already given out interviews. I know its early but i can't help but feel anxious/nervous..

I was second batch i believe (6/27). There were some hiccups with some of the schools about receiving my letters but everything was sorted out and completed by the end of July. Out of the schools I applied to, unlv, upenn, columbia, and uop have seemed to already given out interviews. I know its early but i can't help but feel anxious/nervous..
I see. I get what you mean -- it's worrisome when we see people on here getting so many interviews everyday. Let's be patient though, I'm sure good things will come your way really soon :)

3rd batch.. 3.45ogpa 3.27 sgpa, 19aa,20 ts, 20 pat, 17rc. 1 interview and 2 rejections. keep your head up guys !! :happy:

3rd batch....3.05 oGPA 3.15 sGPA 21AA 21TS 23PAT 21RC. 1 interview, 0 rejections, and 22 schools left. Head is held high but man the wait is agonizing, but I have lil man (see avatar) to keep me busy :D

3rd batch.. 3.45ogpa 3.27 sgpa, 19aa,20 ts, 20 pat, 17rc. 1 interview and 2 rejections. keep your head up guys !! :happy:

3rd batch....3.05 oGPA 3.15 sGPA 21AA 21TS 23PAT 21RC. 1 interview, 0 rejections, and 22 schools left. Head is held high but man the wait is agonizing, but I have lil man (see avatar) to keep me busy :D

If you don't mind, where did you receive interviews?

3rd batch (I believe, app mailed dates of 6/27 and 7/11). 2nd time applicant (only got 1 interview last year). 3.57 oGPA, 3.49 sGPA. 22 AA, 21 TS, 18 PAT, 25 RC. I only applied to 7 schools (Louisville, Kentucky, Ohio State, Indiana, Michigan, Case Western, and Detroit Mercy.) Zero interviews so far. Commence panicking!

3rd Interview!

School: MIN
Notification date: 08/22
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Canada
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/07
GPA (science, overall): Sci 3.57, Overall 3.49
DAT (AA / TS / PAT / Reading / any section below 17): 24 AA, 25 TS, 23 PAT, 24 RC, none
Interview date: 09/29

Hey keep your head up! My stats are almost identical to yours.

Congrats!! Do you mind sharing when you received your application complete email? Thank you and good luck!!

Edit: nevermind, just saw your post about "file under review" afterwards hehe. I got mine on 8/19 too...really hoping to hear some good news from them

I got that "file under review" email too. My application was mailed on 7/11. I have kinda lost hope from this school.

Interview
School: Georgia Regents University
Notification date: 8/22/2014
Residency: Georgia (in state)
AADSAS mail-out date:7/18/2014 with unofficial scores emailed; 8/01/2014 official scores received.
Application complete date:08/01/2014
GPA (science, overall) 3.67;3.70
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):20/21/21/20/ no, but QR was 17.

Wow man. You are a beast :). Congratz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great DAT!!! Congrats on all your invites. I was rejected to Nova with a higher GPA (both), which they said was too low. Must be a combination of my 3.35 sGPA and my 19/19/19 DAT.

Great DAT!!! Congrats on all your invites. I was rejected to Nova with a higher GPA (both), which they said was too low. Must be a combination of my 3.35 sGPA and my 19/19/19 DAT.
Yeah private schools can be so picky..It's so hard to try and figure out any school's criteria for why a person makes the cut and why they don't...causes so much unfair anxiety amongst us applicants if you ask me :/

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah private schools can be so picky..It's so hard to try and figure out any school's criteria for why a person makes the cut and why they don't...causes so much unfair anxiety amongst us applicants if you ask me :/
I agree. Lot of people with lowers stats have gotten invites, like me , and vice versa for other schools. You never know what they are looking for. But I am really excited for this cycle. For once in my 3 application cycles, I feel like I have a chance and I have hope. Good luck.

I agree. Lot of people with lowers stats have gotten invites, like me , and vice versa for other schools. You never know what they are looking for. But I am really excited for this cycle. For once in my 3 application cycles, I feel like I have a chance and I have hope. Good luck.

Congrats, and best of luck!!!!

the one time in my life where monday can't come soon enough.. hurrrrrry up monday:bang:

Reactions: 11 users
the one time in my life where monday can't come soon enough.. hurrrrrry up monday:bang:
Haha I was thinking the same thing. I don't like Friday or the weekends, and I look forward for the week to come , because that's when movement happens. :) lol. Never thought I would say that

Reactions: 5 users
Haha I was thinking the same thing. I don't like Friday or the weekends, and I look forward for the week to come , because that's when movement happens. :) lol. Never thought I would say that

True but at the same time a part of me dreads it in case I don't hear anything :(

No news is good news, and if the school u wanna go doesn't take u, show them not taking u is the biggest mistake they've ever made. That's what imma do when I start the first dental school in the state of Arkansas

Reactions: 1 users
Another start to the week guys! Fingers crossed! Best of luck everyone:)

Hoping for UB/CWRU!

Just curious, what is your ethnicity? Are you native American?

Interview #1!!!

School: University of Florida
Interview date: Sept 16
Notification date: 8/25/14
Residency: GA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/25, 8/8
Application complete date: 8/21
GPA (science, overall): 3.77, 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/19/21/21/None

Reactions: 2 users