**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014-2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My emotions following this thread....

:scared: :whoa: :=|:-):

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Schools can reject at any time. All of my app components (LORs, supp app, app fee, etc.) were submitted before I got the rejection. You should receive an email from the schools you're applying to saying your app is complete and "under review" meaning that all necessary app requirements have been received and ready to be considered. At that point anything is fair game. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview

Rejection

School: UCLA
Notification date: 7/8
Method of notification: snail mail
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20
Application complete date: 6/10
GPA (science, overall): 3.6, 3.2
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA/21 TS/23 PAT/23 RC/none below 17

I am surprised. You are a CA resident and your stat is not bad for UCLA.

If you're not what a school is looking for then they'll let you go. Not a problem. Just part of the process ;)

Interview

School: NOVA
Method of notification: email
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA/21 TS/23 PAT/23 RC/none below 17

Rejection

Congrats on getting the interview from Nova! Just curious, have you submitted the liberal arts LOE for nova?

Congrats on getting the interview from Nova! Just curious, have you submitted the liberal arts LOE for nova?

Thank you! Yes, all school requirements were met prior to receiving the invite. :)

Last edited:
INTERVIEW

Notification date: 07/08/14
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20/14
Application complete date: 6/10/14
GPA (science, overall): ~3.4, ~3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA/21 TS/22 PAT/20 RC/none below 17

Reactions: 2 users
I am aware of the fact that people on the SDN doesn't represent the entire applicant pool, but it is still terrifying considering the monstrous stats of everyone posting on this thread.......:arghh::bag:

Reactions: 4 users
This may sound ridiculously stupid but does NOVA mean Villanova?

Interview

Rejection

can i know your undergraduate university ?

Members don't see this ad :)
can i know your undergraduate university ?

My undergrad was at California Polytechnic University, Pomona. Also I did a post bac to complete my science courses at Hawaii Pacific University.

What date was the
Interview

Rejection

When did they schedule you for your interview?

only reason i asked on here is bc I was wanting to ask more about the actual school if it was. And I hope u feel better about urself and gained more confidence for talkin **** to someone over the internet. It makes me happy that i can have that I can have that much of an impact on your self esteem.

Last edited:
People are so sensitive on here. Plus, this isnt the right place to ask that question. Doesn't seem related to people getting interviews and acceptances and their stats.

Reactions: 10 users
only reason i asked on here is bc I was wanting to ask more about the actual school if it was. And I hope u feel better about urself and gained more confidence for talkin **** to someone over the internet. It makes me happy that i can have that I can have that much of an impact on your self esteem.
I did answer your question, and a quick Google search will show that Villanova doesn't have a dental school.

Reactions: 7 users
Hah I actually clicked on the let me google that for you link, and was surprised at the difference between a search of "nova dental" and "nova dental school." I guess "nova" is a popular business name, trying to sound all celestial and futuristic.

But, just for posterity's sake... and so CustomGrillzzzzzzzz doesn't get too worked up when she see's jeffity's avatar, here's a list of all the US dental schools - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dental_schools_in_the_United_States

Also, in response the below post (we posted at the same time) -- good luck with that, do you see the antiquated stickies? Mods are like white walkers around here

Can someone who has the power go through this post and delete all the BS comments, including this one, so that this thread literally just has interviews, or school information on it

Reactions: 16 users
Can someone who has the power go through this post and delete all the BS comments, including this one, so that this thread literally just has interviews, or school information on it

That would be too convenient.

Interview!!
Notification date: 7/8/14
Application complete date: 6/17/14
GPA (science, overall) 3.55 sci, 3.50 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/20/23/None

How many days after you submitted the supplemental did you hear back? Also, what date is your interview if you don't mind sharing? Thanks!

School: University of Florida
Notification date: July 9th
Method of Notification: email
Residency: Florida
AADSAS Mail out date: June 20th
GPA (science, overall): 3.73, 3.73
DAT: 21 AA
AHHHH SO EXCITED!

Reactions: 7 users
School: University of Florida
Notification date: July 9th
Method of Notification: email
Residency: Florida
AADSAS Mail out date: June 20th
GPA (science, overall): 3.73, 3.73
DAT: 21 AA
AHHHH SO EXCITED!

Yay!! Thats awesome!! Congratulations!! When is your interview if you don't mind my asking?

Interview!!!!!
Notification date: 7/9/14
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27/14
Application complete date: 6/4/14
GPA (science, overall) 3.46, 3.54
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/22/22/None

Reactions: 1 user
So excited!
Residency: VA
Application complete date: 6/4/14 (6/26 phone call that I was under review)
GPA (science, overall) 3.52, 3.64
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/23/21/30/None

How many days after you submitted the supplemental did you hear back? Also, what date is your interview if you don't mind sharing? Thanks!

I believe I submitted my supplemental around 6/23, and then received the invite on 7/8.

Planning on making the interview date on 9/4. Been looking at flight times all day.

A bit delayed posting my first one, but here are two INTERVIEWS:

School: MWU - AZ
Residency: UT
Application complete date: 6/29/14
GPA (science, overall): ~3.7, ~3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18 AA/19 TS/20 PAT/21 RC/QR 15 (Yeah, I spent too long on a couple of questions and kinda ran out of time)

School: Nova - FL
Notification date: 7/1/14
Application complete date: 6/30/14
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18 AA/19 TS/20 PAT/21 RC/QR 15

A bit delayed posting my first one, but here are two INTERVIEWS:

School: MWU - AZ
Application complete date: 6/29/14
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18 AA/19 TS/20 PAT/21 RC/QR 15 (Yeah, I spent too long on a couple of questions and kinda ran out of time)

Notification date: 7/1/14
Application complete date: 6/30/14
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18 AA/19 TS/20 PAT/21 RC/QR 15
can i know which undergraduate have you attend ?

i have a question is university of florida is OOS friendly or not ?1

i have a question is university of florida is OOS friendly or not ?1

About 90% of University of Florida's incoming class are Florida residents. They highly preference in-state students. Nova is OOS friendly though! UF is the only public dental school in Florida, so I imagine that is the reason for their strong preference.

For Nova, I am still short of a LOR from a liberal art professor. Would this effect my chance of getting an interview with NOVA?

Hey guys, for those that already submitted the supplemental for Western University, is your "app received from service" section blank? This would be under "requirements". I'm guessing this means they still haven't received my AADSAS info or maybe they are just taking some time?

Hey guys, for those that already submitted the supplemental for Western University, is your "app received from service" section blank? This would be under "requirements". I'm guessing this means they still haven't received my AADSAS info or maybe they are just taking some time?

Please stop asking school specific questions in this thread.

Reactions: 6 users
Notification date: 7/10/14
Residency: WA
GPA (science, overall): ~3.4, ~3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA/22 TS/19 PAT/24 RC/None

Interview!!!

Notification date: 7/10/2014
Residency: SC
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/5/2014
Application complete date: 7/1/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.5, 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20 AA/ 20 TS/ 24 PAT/ 23 RC/ None

So stoked about this school.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey odd enough I didn't know they required a liberal arts letter. All of mine were science teachers and one dentist.. So I'm not sure what exactly they mean by liberal arts.

School: Nova
Notification date: 7/9/2014
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27/2014
Application complete date: 7/2/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.8, 3.8
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20 AA/ 20 TS/ 20 PAT/ 20RC/ None

Reactions: 1 users
Does Nova provide scholarships of any kind? I wanted to apply for Nova but I couldn't justify the oos cost it would be for me.

Interview!

Notification date: 7/9/2014
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/7/2014
Application complete date: 06/27/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.61, 3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19 AA/ 19 TS/ 18 PAT/ 22 RC/ QR-16

I also have worked as a dental assistant for over a year, and have 500+ shadowing hours

Reactions: 2 users
I have 2 letters from the dentists and 2 from science professors. will these letters fulfill the requirement for NOVA?

W/O+-
total GPA: 3.30
Science GPA: 3.22

Inc +-
total GPA: 3.34
Science GPA: 3.28

Do I even qualify for an admission to NOVA?

I have 2 letters from the dentists and 2 from science professors. will these letters fulfill the requirement for NOVA?

W/O+-
total GPA: 3.30
Science GPA: 3.22

Inc +-
total GPA: 3.34
Science GPA: 3.28

Do I even qualify for an admission to NOVA?

Can't really say without a DAT score

Can't really say without a DAT score

I have 19AA 20TS 22PAT 22OC 20GC 19BIO 16RC 17QR

But I was asking if my letters can be used in place of the liberal art professor.
On their website, they say they have a minimum GPA of 3.25 so I wasn't certain.

Best to call in that case