**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014-2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yepp, I got this email yesterday as well. Not sure what to think, am gonna just keep on keepin on.
If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?

Members don't see this ad.

I wish this wasn't such a long process. So tired of waiting and worrying. >_<

Reactions: 3 users
I do find it really interesting at how slow it seems to be, but you're right it must be because less people are using SDN.

Members don't see this ad :)
So after one and a half months of silence

interview #7 LECOM

;). Woot woot

The only downfall , is that the earliest date they had open , was in February 5th.

Cheers everyone. There is still hope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys so I've been going through the interviews and there seems to be only ONE UCLA interview... relatively speaking we have a lot of people that go on here and I feel like there should have been more... and I don't want to doubt the person who posted it because I don't find any reason for anybody to lie on this forum but I just want to know if UCLA really has started their interview invites. Please send me a message if you really got something! Thanks guys and I wish you all the best of luck, you guys are such an amazing supportive group, I smile more often than not going on this thread :]

I called Noemi a few days ago and she confirmed that few have been given out. This is my dream school so I've been super nervous since I found that out :nailbiting:. Let's hope for the best! :xf:

Don't worry guys. There is still plenty of time. I'm a reapplicant and had 2 post-dec interviews last cycle. I didn't bother schools at all and just waited for them to contact me. I wasn't even notified until January about my first interview... At the end of the day, I also believe that I was not admitted to either of these schools because of my stats. Each school still had (at least) ~30 seats available so having a higher DAT score definitely would have helped.

Good luck and be patient! As a reapplicant, I've learned that patience really is a virtue.

Reactions: 1 users
@studentdent110 thanks for encouraging us :) do you mind sharing your stats, residency, and which schools you applied to last cycle? and how you improved now?

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard from Temple University on interviews?
A few others have if you look back in the thread, ctrl+f each page for temple if you want to look for it faster. I just got one on 10/15, and was getting worried as to why I didn't get one sooner. Not sure how Temple gives out interviews but it seems somewhat random.

Interview #4

School: Lecom
Notification date: 10/16/14
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29/14
GPA (Sci, Overall): 3.24, 3.31
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20 AA / 19 TS / 21 PAT / 22 RC / none

First post December interview (Jan 5). Feels kind of weird but hey, an interview is an interview and I'm grateful.

Don't worry guys. There is still plenty of time. I'm a reapplicant and had 2 post-dec interviews last cycle. I didn't bother schools at all and just waited for them to contact me. I wasn't even notified until January about my first interview... At the end of the day, I also believe that I was not admitted to either of these schools because of my stats. Each school still had (at least) ~30 seats available so having a higher DAT score definitely would have helped.

Good luck and be patient! As a reapplicant, I've learned that patience really is a virtue.

That's such a relief. Thanks!

Last edited:
Are Calc and Stats a prereq at Columbia??? On their website they don't have any Math class; however, in the ADEA guide it says they require 6 Math credits

Members don't see this ad :)
So far I have:

School: The University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine
Notification date: 9/22
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CO
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/29
Application complete date: 8/22
GPA (science, overall): Go to a pass/fail school so no GPA =3
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/25/23(?)/nope

School: University of Florida College of Dentistry
Notification date: 10/13

School: Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine
Notification date: 10/9
Method of notification: Email/Phone Call
Residency: CO I believe

I have my first interview tomorrow at COL=3 Anyone else going to be there tomorrow morning, bright and early at 8? With all of this construction on 25 IDK how long it'll take to get there. Waking up super early to make sure I'm there early enough, especially to walk everyone since the campus is massive.

Also is it bad to have a post dec/1 interview? NOVAs first interview availability was midway through February...=/

NYU finally gave me some love!

School: NYU
Notification date: 10/17
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20
Application complete date: 6/2
GPA (science, overall): 3.67,3.72
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 19/20/22/nope

Reactions: 2 users
So far I have:

School: The University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine
Notification date: 9/22

School: University of Florida College of Dentistry
Notification date: 10/13

School: Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine
Notification date: 10/9
Method of notification: Email/Phone Call
Residency: CO I believe

I have my first interview tomorrow at COL=3 Anyone else going to be there tomorrow morning, bright and early at 8? With all of this construction on 25 IDK how long it'll take to get there. Waking up super early to make sure I'm there early enough, especially to walk everyone since the campus is massive.

Also is it bad to have a post dec/1 interview? NOVAs first interview availability was midway through February...=/[/QUO

Could you plz tell me When is the course update for ADEA?

does anyone know if the following schools are done sending out their pre-interview invites yet?
-UConn
-Stony Brook
-Pittsburgh
-Case Western
-Creighton
-BU

does anyone know if the following schools are done sending out their pre-interview invites yet?
-UConn
-Stony Brook
-Pittsburgh
-Case Western
-Creighton
-BU
My friends got some interviews from Pittsburgh and Case Western.

I've only gotten 2 interviews uptil now :(

I have a 20AA/22PAT with 3.56oGPA and 3.45sGPA with close to a 1000hrs of shadowing/dental assistant work (this is over 3 years).
2 intersviews are better than nothing! I have no interview with 22/22/22 score, 3.9 GPA and 1200+ hrs of working as a DA :(

2 intersviews are better than nothing! I have no interview with 22/22/22 score, 3.9 GPA and 1200+ hrs of working as a DA :(

How is it possible that you have no interviews with those stats? When did you complete your file (including LORs)? How many schools did you apply to? Those are excellent stats.

Interview #6! Post-December, but still super grateful :)

School: UNLV
Residency: NV
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/18
Application complete date: 8/5
GPA (science, overall): 3.88, 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/24/25/none

Just got an invite from Temple!!!! First invite!! I'm so excited! I almost lost hope :)

Pre-December interview dates are still available, too!!

Reactions: 8 users
Just got an invite from Temple!!!! First invite!! I'm so excited! I almost lost hope :)

*nods*. They just had their first interviews like two weeks ago. Still early for temple.

Congrats on your interview, you will be very impressed when you are there. Beautiful facilities!

Congrats!!!

6th interview....YES!!! They're still as exciting as getting the first one...

School: UBuff
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/1
GPA (science, overall): 3.5, 3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/21/22/none

Some of the Roseman dental students made this video. Looks like a really fun school!

Reactions: 6 users
Interview # 7 and #8. I never, ever and forever, thought that I was gonna get 8 interviews, after getting only one interview each year, in the past 2 cycles...

School: LECOM
tification date: 10/16
Method of notification: E mail
Residency: WI
Application complete date: 8/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.16 , 3.15 (3.75 grad)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/20/20 16QR :(
Scheduled it for earliest date 02/05/2015

School: Temple
notification date: 10/17
Scheduled it for 11/06

Cheers

Reactions: 8 users
-UConn
-Stony Brook
-Pittsburgh
-Case Western
-Creighton
-BU

BU is booked until December

-UConn
-Stony Brook
-Pittsburgh
-Case Western
-Creighton
-BU
I don't think CWRU is done yet.

Interview # 7 and #8. I never, ever and forever, thought that I was gonna get 8 interviews, after getting only one interview each year, in the past 2 cycles...

School: LECOM
tification date: 10/16
Method of notification: E mail
Residency: WI
Application complete date: 8/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.16 , 3.15 (3.75 grad)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/20/20 16QR :(
Scheduled it for earliest date 02/05/2015

School: Temple
notification date: 10/17
Scheduled it for 11/06

Cheers

That's amazing! Do you mind me asking where you interviewed the last two cycles? And where you did your masters?

NYU finally gave me some love!

School: NYU
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20
Application complete date: 6/2
GPA (science, overall): 3.67,3.72
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 19/20/22/nope

Congrats on NYU :))) Happy for you!

Just got my first interview from UNLV:soexcited: LATE APPLICANT HERE! :sour:

Mail out date: 9/19
GPA: 3.86o , 3.93s
DAT: 21AA/ 21TS / 20PA

One published research and many hours of volunteering and working as a dental assistant.

That's amazing! Do you mind me asking where you interviewed the last two cycles? And where you did your masters?

sure , interviewed at Case and Meharry. I am doing a traditional masters at my state school. The funny thing is Meharry rejected me this cycle after significant improvement. And no word from Case. I think my interviews were given , based on the improvement and on my story. But again , each applicant is unique in their own way

Best of luck

Has anyone heard from Meharry or Howard or know if they have a good amount pre-dec spots spots open?

Just got my first interview from UNLV:soexcited: LATE APPLICANT HERE! :sour:

Mail out date: 9/19
GPA: 3.86o , 3.93s
DAT: 21AA/ 21TS / 20PA

One published research and many hours of volunteering and working as a dental assistant.

Congrats! I applied to UNLV late this cycle too. I didn't get mailed off until 10/3 though. I have the exact same stats as you. You're giving me a lot of hope :)

You worked as a DA for 1200 hrs!!! That's crazy. You should be getting inetrviews L and R with your GPA.

When did you submit your apps. Where did you apply? Where is your residency?

Congrats! I applied to UNLV late this cycle too. I didn't get mailed off until 10/3 though. I have the exact same stats as you. You're giving me a lot of hope :)
Good luck... I'm sure you will hear from them soon ;)

sure , interviewed at Case and Meharry. I am doing a traditional masters at my state school. The funny thing is Meharry rejected me this cycle after significant improvement. And no word from Case. I think my interviews were given , based on the improvement and on my story. But again , each applicant is unique in their own way

Best of luck

Okay, thank you! what was your dat score the first cycle and your prereqs? Ultimately, what did you improve on in the third cycle other than a stellar masters gpa? :)

Best of luck

Woah, you got an interview from Case in a previous cycle? That's really impressive! When was it?

Okay, thank you! what was your dat score the first cycle and your prereqs? Ultimately, what did you improve on in the third cycle other than a stellar masters gpa? :)

I had a 17AA 16 TS. This cycle I have a 20AA / 21 TS. As on improvement , I just consider myself more mature. I have a son , thus I had to mature. I have a lot of personal growth stuff. Idk how to explain it. As bizarre as this sounds , but I think before wasnt a good time for me to go to dental school. My son was born , my wife didn't have a job. If I would've gotten in before , there's no way I would've made it. Now me and my family are ready. And o believe that I was able to explain that with my application as a whole.

Reactions: 6 users
I had a 17AA 16 TS. This cycle I have a 20AA / 21 TS. As on improvement , I just consider myself more mature. I have a son , thus I had to mature. I have a lot of personal growth stuff. Idk how to explain it. As bizarre as this sounds , but I think before wasnt a good time for me to go to dental school. My son was born , my wife didn't have a job. If I would've gotten in before , there's no way I would've made it. Now me and my family are ready. And o believe that I was able to explain that with my application as a whole.

That is great improvement and now you are ready and have 8 dental schools+ to choose from! :)
Sorry! Just one more question, you interviewed at case you said? Was your interview pre-dec or after December? I am wondering only bc I interviewed there myself