**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014-2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So ridiculously excited right now. I would say you guys don't even understand how excited I am but I'm sure the people on here are about the only people that WOULD understand.

Interview #5

School: Columbia
Notification date: 10/22/14
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/26
GPA (science, overall) 3.66, 3.74
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/25/25/27/none

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Well my status changed to formal review by Detroit Mercy, so I got that going for me this morning..
I too got this update from UDM this morning. I wonder how long we will be in the "formal review" process for? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Well my status changed to formal review by Detroit Mercy, so I got that going for me this morning..
I must say, you have kept an awesome attitude throughout this whole process, I am rooting for you, like many of us here!!!! Best wishes!

Reactions: 1 users
Damn, UDM hates me. 9/16 here.

They had problems locating my check and photo, so maybe that's why.
I should mention though that my letters of rec were not submitted till the third week of September, so your file may move to the next stages quicker than my file did?

School: LECOM
Notification date: 10/23
Method of notification: E-mail (10:10 am)
Residency: Fl
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/29
Application complete: 10/10 (all my requirements were in for weeks, but I had to call to let them know :/)

Last edited:
Dude, can I ask what are your stats? I feel so bad for you every time I read one of your posts but I definitely am rooting for you as well.

Hi all! I just got a PHONE interview invite from Loma Linda University! But I have never heard about "phone interview" in dental school admission process...

Reactions: 1 users
I think nyu also calls sometimes.
Hi all! I just got a PHONE interview invite from Loma Linda University! But I have never heard about "phone interview" in dental school admission process...
. .

Members don't see this ad :)

There are quite a few schools that call applicants to invite for interviews. Congrats!

Rejection #1, MWU IL :/ i feel like i'm the only with a rejection from that school

Rejection #1, MWU IL :/ i feel like i'm the only with a rejection from that school
Snail mail rejection? They haven't said anything since I submitted my secondary so I'm guessing I'm up next.

Snail mail rejection? They haven't said anything since I submitted my secondary so I'm guessing I'm up next.

I too would like to know this...since I also haven't heard anything lol BUTTTTTTTTT I checked my mail and no rejections! Another day survived... :prof:

I too would like to know this...since I also haven't heard anything lol BUTTTTTTTTT I checked my mail and no rejections! Another day survived... :prof:
Log onto the Midwestern Portal, I used to click application checklist and it would have all my materials with the check-mark. Today it says "unable to find information"

Can't be a good sign....

Log onto the Midwestern Portal, I used to click application checklist and it would have all my materials with the check-mark. Today it says "unable to find information"

Can't be a good sign....

Same thing happened to me! I emailed them to ask why I couldn't see my information anymore and they responded by saying "at this time we have received all necessary information.". Whats going on?

Just Got my first interview invitation! I'm very excited! One of my top choices :)
Has anyone already had an interview with Howard? How was the interview process?

School: Howard
Notification date: 10/23/2014
Method of notification: email
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/29/2014
Application complete date: 09/23/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.14; 3.20
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 20/ TS 20 / PAT 23 / R18

Reactions: 4 users
"I looked up your application and you were denied. Your science GPA was cited as the major reason. Let me know if you have more questions"
Sorry to hear that bud.

wow, first with those stats?? you must feel so relieved. :)
I am :)
Congrats... I have the same application complete date as yours and I was wondering did you get pre-dec or post-dec interview date? Thanks
I got a pre December interview. Mine is on nov 6th and I'm sure there's still plenty of dates available

So ridiculously excited right now. I would say you guys don't even understand how excited I am but I'm sure the people on here are about the only people that WOULD understand.

Interview #5

School: Columbia
Notification date: 10/22/14
Method of notification: E-mail
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/26
GPA (science, overall) 3.66, 3.74
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/25/25/27/none
when is your interview? congratsssss! happy for you!

OK, guys
School: unknown
Notification date: unknown
Method of notification: unknown
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/03/2014
Application complete date: unknown
GPA (science, overall): 3.68; 3.68
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 25/ TS 24 / PAT 22 / Reading22 / non

Reactions: 5 users
OK, guys
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 25/ TS 24 / PAT 22 / Reading22 / non

are you really surprised?

Reactions: 9 users
OK, guys
You've waited a whole 20 days and nothing?! Bless your heart!

Reactions: 7 users
They haven't mentioned anything to me either and I have everything they want and more for stats and EC's, idk what that means lol

Btw for anyone who was wondering about the MWU IL rejection, I received a letter which rejected me

OK, guys
You got a 25 on the DAT, calm your a** down

Interview number 3

School:lecom
Notification date:10/23
Method of notification:email
Residency:NYC
AADSAS mail-out date:9/5
Application complete date:8/21
GPA (science, overall)3.42/3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):18/20/17/18/=( qr

Reactions: 4 users
School: LECOM
Notification date: 10/23
Method of notification: E-mail (10:10 am)
Residency: Fl
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/29
Application complete: 10/10 (all my requirements were in for weeks, but I had to call to let them know :/)
GPA (science, overall) 3.45, 3.51
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/19/20/ none.

Congrats! My mailout date is about the same time, can I what your status was before you got the interview or did it stay the same?

Just got an email from Indiana saying that my application is now complete. Lol what does this mean?

not surprised, just being anxious...

Welcome to the club. Most of us have been waiting since Early July. It's been about 3.5 months already and a little more than a month left to go.

OU interview this Saturday. Any comments/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Congrats! My mailout date is about the same time, can I what your status was before you got the interview or did it stay the same?
Thank you! Lecom doesn't show up on the AADSAS portal. The lecom portal now displays that my "admission status" is that I've been invited for interview, I think it said that it was under review prior

School: UAB
Notification date: 10/21/14
Method of notification: Call in the morning
Residency: Alabama
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/29/14
Application complete date: 10/17/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.71, 3.80
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/22/20/None

What else does "application complete" mean?

English is hard.
It means whenever your application is complete to its entirety, meaning the school received each component of the application (LOR, supplemental, fee, AADSAS, etc.)