**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014-2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hallelujah! So excited!!!

School: CWRU
Notification date: 7/23
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: IN
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/7
Application complete date: 6/24
GPA (science, overall) : 3.60, 3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/25/23/no

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
School: NOVA
Residency: WI
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/12
Application complete date: 7/10
GPA (science, overall) : 3.1, 3.2
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/20/20/16 QR

Sooooo excited. I feel good about its cycle. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
School: NOVA
Residency: WI
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/12
GPA (science, overall) : 3.1, 3.2
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/20/20/16 QR

Sooooo excited. I feel good about its cycle. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good for you par-cero.

Get em

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview
School: Case Western Reserve University
Notification Date: 7/23/14
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS Mail-out Date: 7/18/14
Application Complete Date: 7/17/14 (email saying it was being screened)
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.28, 3.59
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/Any below a 17): 20/20/20/17/None

First interview!!
School: MWU AZ
Notification date: 07/24/14
Method of notification: e-mail
Residency: ID
AADSAS mail out date: 07/07/14
Application complete date: 06/24/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.9, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/ below 17): 20AA, 19TS, 24PAT, 25RC, none

Heck yeah! I have been on pins and needles. I know it is early but I have been stressing out and getting more worried every day!

Reactions: 1 users
Perhaps i should have applied to Nova and Case. The tuition scared me a little but who knows.

I loved Case Western last year. It's definitely not too late to apply! I added them at the end of July. :)

First Interview!!!

School: Midwestern University Glendale
Notification date: 7/23 - 2:30 am
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.26, 3.37
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20 AA/20 TS/23 PAT/19 RC/none below 17

School: Midwestern University Glendale
Method of notification: Portal
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27
Application complete date: 6/13
GPA (science, overall): ~3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA/22 TS/19 PAT/24 RC/none

"Congratulations! After careful review of your application, the admissions committee would like to extend..."

lu7fEzW.gif

(Stole this from imgur.) :D

Reactions: 7 users
Thanks! That's how I felt haha. Really hoping to receive an invitation from one of the 3 Texas Schools also. One thing I am worried about is too many interviews during my fall semester, might cause some C's. I applied to 27 schools and have been doing non stop secondary applications for the last 2 weeks.

Finally get to post here :)

School: Nova
Notification date: 7/24
Residency: FL
Application complete date: 7/21
GPA (science, overall) : 3.30, 3.31
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/24/25/nope
Interview Date: November 7th

Reactions: 4 users
Thanks! That's how I felt haha. Really hoping to receive an invitation from one of the 3 Texas Schools also. One thing I am worried about is too many interviews during my fall semester, might cause some C's. I applied to 27 schools and have been doing non stop secondary applications for the last 2 weeks.

You probably could have applied to 15-18 and been just fine, but I completely understand why you applied to so many. I applied to 17 but am thinking of applying to a few more just to be safe. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
"Congratulations! After careful review of your application, the admissions committee would like to extend..."

lu7fEzW.gif

(Stole this from imgur.) :D

Exactly how I've felt with the two invites I've received thus far. How are we going to feel when we receive acceptances? I can only imagine

Exactly how I've felt with the two invites I've received thus far. How are we going to feel when we receive acceptances? I can only imagine

Pure bliss. You won't stop smiling that day.

Enjoy it. It's all fun and games until you step into that cadaver lab on day :)

Reactions: 4 users
You guys with your interviews are killing me! Stop making me jealous! Congrats to all so far.

I'm thinking probably something along the lines of this...
:)

rs_500x215-140606093906-tumblr_inline_mwsswtZ1Wf1s8athv.gif

tumblr_lmmqq0eaH61qcftw3o1_500.gif

I loved Case Western last year. It's definitely not too late to apply! I added them at the end of July. :)
Hey Glimmer, could you please share some of the reasons you loved Case? I'm interviewing there in Sept and I'd love to hear your experiences. Thanks so much!

Congrats!

Last edited:
Interview
School: Case Western Reserve University
Notification Date: 7/23/14
Residency: CA
AADSAS Mail-out Date: 7/18/14
Application Complete Date: 7/17/14 (email saying it was being screened)
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.28, 3.59
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/Any below a 17): 20/20/20/17/None
can i know what is your undergraduate university ?

Does it matter where they go to undergrad?

First Interview!!!! :heckyeah:

Residency: NJ
Application complete date: 7/20 (supplemental submitted)
GPA (science, overall): 3.30, 3.36
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20 AA/21 TS/21 PAT/20 RC/none
Interview Date: November 21st

Last edited:
can you check the dental schools in CA statistics, dental schools care about GPA/DAT/EC's/LOR/PS.
and if what you say is true you will never find anyone in dental schools from a CSU

Please stay on topic. If you seriously want to talk about CSU and UC, which most of us dont really care about, make another thread. Dont post this crap in the Interview/Accepted thread.

I wish these forums are moderated.

EDIT: Because I am bored, I looked through @habiba and @csudental s' posts and I think (both of?) you need to make ONE thread about CSU and UC statistics. And since (both of?) you are an incoming freshmen in college (CSU I presume), you really don't need to be giving anybody advice. Now would also be a great time to polish up your professionalism (grammar, capitalization, actual sentences). Focus on your studies and EC's and we'll see you in 3 years.

And if you, @habiba and @csudental, have any questions besides CSU and UC statistics, we will be here.

P.S. Search bar is useful and so are forum etiquette
P.P.S. No one is asking about CSU and UC stats. Just you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16 users
Please stay on topic. If you seriously want to talk about CSU and UC, which most of us dont really care about, make another thread. Dont post this crap in the Interview/Accepted thread.

YEA

!

My ADEA GPA is really different from my transcript GPA (Does ADEA count A+ as 4.3?), are we posting ADEA GPA on this thread?

...I think I applied to too many schools...

School: CWRU
Application complete date: 6/23
GPA (science, overall) : 3.88, 3.94
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/21/19/no

Application complete date: 6/23
GPA (science, overall) : 3.88, 3.94
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/21/19/no

Really wished I had moved to TX after graduation.

YAY!!!! FIRST INTERVIEW!!!!
Residency: NY
GPA (science, overall): 3.76, 3.82
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19 AA/19 TS/19 PAT/18 RC/none

Guys, thank you for all your support on this site, i was freaking out about my DAT score, but I got one interview so far. But they gave me a choice to interview in November only, is that bad, why so late?

YAY!!!! FIRST INTERVIEW!!!!
Residency: NY
GPA (science, overall): 3.76, 3.82
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19 AA/19 TS/19 PAT/18 RC/none

Guys, thank you for all your support on this site, i was freaking out about my DAT score, but I got one interview so far. But they gave me a choice to interview in November only, is that bad, why so late?
Anything pre December is good. Nova starts so early that they're probably fairly well booked up until then, and that's why you were offered a date in November. Congrats on the invite!

Hey Glimmer, could you please share some of the reasons you loved Case? I'm interviewing there in Sept and I'd love to hear your experiences. Thanks so much!

Gosh, I guess my biggest reason is kind of hard to quantify, but the school just felt like "home" to me. I had an extremely warm welcome and knew I would really enjoy the school and the area. My admissions and interview processes were very pleasant--I never found myself feeling confused or worried like I did with some other schools. I can tell that Case really cares about the well-being and success of its applicants (and students, of course!).

Case also has a really great clinical program, which was a key thing on my list. Check out the DentSim lab (there's info on the Case website). Also, when you're in the clinic, you have a patient coordinator who helps you schedule/recall your patients--which is a real gift! That way, you can focus on the work at hand instead of worrying about getting your patients to show up. Also, during your fourth year, one of your requirements is to come up with a business plan for your practice. You have other dentists and accountants at your disposal to help. To me, that experience sounds fantastic. There are also lots of community outreach events that the students participate in, which is nice since you get to practice and help people at the same time.

Oh, and Case was also in a really good location for me. I like Ohio, I don't mind the cold, and it was within driving distance from home!

I hope this helps! :) Making my school decision last year was a really tough one, and Case was hard to turn down.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users
Gosh, I guess my biggest reason is kind of hard to quantify, but the school just felt like "home" to me. I had an extremely warm welcome and knew I would really enjoy the school and the area. My admissions and interview processes were very pleasant--I never found myself feeling confused or worried like I did with some other schools. I can tell that Case really cares about the well-being and success of its applicants (and students, of course!).

Case also has a really great clinical program, which was a key thing on my list. Check out the DentSim lab (there's info on the Case website). Also, when you're in the clinic, you have a patient coordinator who helps you schedule/recall your patients--which is a real gift! That way, you can focus on the work at hand instead of worrying about getting your patients to show up. Also, during your fourth year, one of your requirements is to come up with a own business plan for your practice. You have other dentists and accountants at your disposal to help. To me, that experience sounds fantastic. There are also lots of community outreach events that the students participate in, which is nice since you get to practice and help people at the same time.

Oh, and Case was also in a really good location for me. I like Ohio, I don't mind the cold, and it was within driving distance from home!

I hope this helps! :) Making my school decision last year was a really tough one, and Case was hard to turn down.

Wow, yes that helped a lot! Thank you for writing all of that and providing for us a look into their program, Glimmer! Everything you mentioned sounds so great, and now I'm even more excited to go there for my interview (if that's possible!?). I see what you mean by Case caring about the success of its students...by everything they offer in the clinic...I would love to have that support from the school.

I love the location too. I lived in Ohio for 7 years and I'd love to be able to go back and call it my home :)

Thanks so much again for your reply.

EDIT: Because I am bored, I looked through @habiba and @csudental s' posts and I think (both of?) you need to make ONE thread about CSU and UC statistics. And since (both of?) you are an incoming freshmen in college (CSU I presume), you really don't need to be giving anybody advice. Now would also be a great time to polish up your professionalism (grammar, capitalization, actual sentences). Focus on your studies and EC's and we'll see you in 3 years.

And if you, @habiba and @csudental, have any questions besides CSU and UC statistics, we will be here.

P.S. Search bar is useful and so are forum etiquette
P.P.S. No one is asking about CSU and UC stats. Just you.

Yasssssss.
The SHADE is keeping me cool on this hot summer day

How often do dental schools send out interview invites? Do they send X amount one week and then wait a few weeks and send out X amount more?

Interview!!! I am really excited about their clinical program as well.

School: CWRU - Ohio
Notification date: 7/23/14
Method of notification: Email
Residency: UT
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27/14
Application complete date: 6/26/14 (Saying that the application was being screened)
GPA (science, overall): ~3.7, ~3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18 AA/19 TS/20 PAT/21 RC/QR 15

First interview! SOOO pumped! :) :)

Notification date: 7/25/14
Residency: Alberta, Canada
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27/14
Application complete date: 7/3/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.52, 3.49
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24 AA / 25 TS / 23 PAT / 24 RC/ 20 QR / none
Interview date: 11/21

Last edited:
Last TX interview!

School: UTSD - Houston
Notification date: 7/25/14
[TMDSAS] mail-out date: 6/20/14
Application complete date: 6/13/14
GPA (science, overall): 4.0, 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/26/23/26/no
Interview Date: 8/26 (first day of Tuesday class/lab...lol oh well)

1st interview

School: UTSD Houston
Notification Date: 7/25/14
TMDSAS mail-out date: 7/14/14
Application complete date: 6/20/14
GPA: 3.75, 3.75
DAT AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/22/22/26/nah
Interview Date: 8/26

Stoked!

4th Interview so far!! 4 out of the 9 I applied to

School: UTSD (Houston)
Notification date: 07/18/14
[TMDSAS] mail-out date: 06/1/14
Application complete date: 05/16/14
GPA (science, overall): ~3.53, ~3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19 AA/19 TS/18 PAT/22 RC/QR-17)
Interview Date: 08/26/14

Reactions: 3 users
School: UF
Notification date: 07/23/14
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/20/14
Application complete date: 06/5/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.21, 3.42
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20 AA/121 TS/23 PAT/19 RC/no
Interview Date: 08/08/14

Case also has a really great clinical program, which was a key thing on my list. Check out the DentSim lab (there's info on the Case website). Also, when you're in the clinic, you have a patient coordinator who helps you schedule/recall your patients--which is a real gift! That way, you can focus on the work at hand instead of worrying about getting your patients to show up. Also, during your fourth year, one of your requirements is to come up with a business plan for your practice. You have other dentists and accountants at your disposal to help. To me, that experience sounds fantastic. There are also lots of community outreach events that the students participate in, which is nice since you get to practice and help people at the same time.

To piggyback off this real quick, Case's simlab is open/available to students 24/7. Some schools don't stay open past a certain hour or are not open at all on the weekend.

School: University of Florida
Notification date: 07/23/14
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/07/14
Application complete date: 26/6/14
GPA (science, overall): 4.0, 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23 AA/ 23 TS/28 PAT/23 RC/none
Interview Date: 08/05/14

Hi everyone!
I had a quick question... when you post the GPAs, are you calculating them using the adea guide?

can we make this thread a sticky?