**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014-2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You got a March 5th interview date for LECOM?
Interviewing on your b-day, that's awesome. Totally find a way to slip it in there..LOL… I would!
No lol your interviewing on my birthday let me know how it goes

Members don't see this ad.

Should we update schools with post midterm GPA? I'm in a grad program and a second time applicant that has already interviewed at two schools.

It depends on the school. I would call the schools you that you applied to, to check their policy. I'm also in a grad program and at one of my interviews I was told specifically to wait til the end of the semester.

Can schools release rejection notification after an interview? If that's the case, and I don't hear anything until Nov. 30th, is it a safe bet that I got accepted/waitlisted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-Meds are already finding out if they got in. I can't handle this!! It's going to be a long 34 days... lol

Reactions: 2 users
Pre-Meds are already finding out if they got in. I can't handle this!! It's going to be a long 34 days... lol

for sure, pre-med dudes and dudettes in my classes are not even caring about the class anymore, it seems like.
I need an acceptance somewhere to feel a little better about this situation!!

OMG i'm soooooo happy about this one!

School: UCLA
Notification date: 10/27
Method of notification: email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20
Application complete date: 8/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.4 / 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/26

Reactions: 8 users
OMG i'm soooooo happy about this one!

AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20
Application complete date: 8/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.4 / 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/26
Congrats! That's my dream school! May I know when your interview date is?

sooooo considering grades aren't a priority for many of us who are waiting/attending interviews, how would they affect our acceptance? let's say I interviewed at one school during the semester, then I got C in a science class and rest As (non-science), do you guys think it would affect the applicant with his/her acceptance? I know 1 C isn't that bad, and I just feel like senioritis and waiting on interviews is playing with my emotions of feeling bad about my grades... I don't know if I'm not supposed to feel bad because they wouldn't affect me that much.. or my school emotions just died because of this waiting game...
I second this. My grades are falling and i just think abt Dec 1st.... Not even in graduation

Reactions: 1 user
My gpa is currently at 3.84, but it will fall over these next two semesters due to slacking off I feel like I'm at a straight B average now

Members don't see this ad :)
REJECTION 1 =(
School: UCSF
Notification Date: 10/27/14
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/17/2014
Application Complete Date: 8/10/2014
GPA (science, overall, graduate): 3.2, 3.35, 3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23 AA/22TS/17 PAT/26 RC/no

what is a medical student doing in dental forum LOL
I am scared to click that link.

and you joined today!!!
wow... I didn't even realize those suspicious facts. Too late, I clicked it before you posted and it led to a Facebook page about some financial aid stuff.

Is it safe to say interview invites are going to slow down for the next month until December and then pick back up again?

Just found this thread, and thought I'd throw in what I have so far

Interviewed at University of Washington, University of Colorado, and Marquette University in the past 10 days
Applied to Washington, Colorado, Creighton, Marquette

I talked to Creighton today and found out that their interview cycle is full this year.

Undergrad: Gonzaga University
Residency: CO
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.92, 3.95
DAT: AA 23, TS 24, PAT 23

Last edited by a moderator:
Just found this thread, and thought I'd throw in what I have so far

Interviewed at University of Washington, University of Colorado, and Marquette University in the past 10 days
Applied to Washington, Colorado, Creighton, Marquette

I talked to Creighton today and found out that their interview cycle is full this year.

Undergrad: Gonzaga University
Residency: CO
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.92, 2.95
DAT: AA 23, TS 24, PAT 23
Congrats MFang93, you have excellent stats! How was the interview at CO?

Congrats MFang93, you have excellent stats! How was the interview at CO?
Thanks!
Colorado was great, they have a beautiful campus and all the students I met loved both the school and the area (one of the obvious reasons I applied there)

The interview itself was great, but I recommend talking to the students to see if they know your interviewers, because one of the women that interviewed me was actually not involved with the dental school at all except through the separate research she does. Fortunately the students relayed that to me, and so I was able to tailor my responses to that as she has no experience in the actual field of dentistry. Two thirty minute interviews where they ask you mostly typical interview questions, the other is just a session to make sure that you have the prerequisites classes and information up to date.

Thanks!
Colorado was great, they have a beautiful campus and all the students I met loved both the school and the area (one of the obvious reasons I applied there)

The interview itself was great, but I recommend talking to the students to see if they know your interviewers, because one of the women that interviewed me was actually not involved with the dental school at all except through the separate research she does. Fortunately the students relayed that to me, and so I was able to tailor my responses to that as she has no experience in the actual field of dentistry. Two thirty minute interviews where they ask you mostly typical interview questions, the other is just a session to make sure that you have the prerequisites classes and information up to date.
Thank you for the info and tips! Glad yours went well :)

I GOT INVITED TO INTERVIEW AT MY DREAM SCHOOL! I screamed and hugged the people around me when I saw the email.
My friend interviewed there recently and told me that they have interviewed 5 groups so far. Hers had 6 people. I hope everyone else waiting also gets some good news soon!

AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27
Application complete date: 7/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.9/3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/22/20/nope

Reactions: 6 users
The people who got an interview or acceptance from MWU IL or AZ, can you share what you did for extra curricular, shadowing etc? This post is really helpful. I thought my stats were horrible and I wouldn't make it. Thanks!

I GOT INVITED TO INTERVIEW AT MY DREAM SCHOOL! I screamed and hugged the people around me when I saw the email.
My friend interviewed there recently and told me that they have interviewed 5 groups so far. Hers had 6 people. I hope everyone else waiting also gets some good news soon!

Hats off to you, congratulations! I'm sure you earned it. Great school!

I second this. My grades are falling and i just think abt Dec 1st.... Not even in graduation
LOL SENIORITIS IS NO JOKE PEOPLE! i was sitting in class today for 2 hours...then i looked up and realized I hadn't understood a single thing the prof was saying. I dont even know what chapter were in for my physics class.

And I have 3 midterms this week...so I do what every responsible student does. Watch reruns of The Office on blu-ray

Reactions: 7 users

how is it even possible to have a 3.9 with college courses like ochem and general chemistry o_O? great stats btw

Reactions: 4 users
how is it even possible to have a 3.9 with college courses like ochem and general chemistry o_O? great stats btw

I loved ochem and gchem. If I weren't pursuing dentistry I would wanna teach gchem or ochem. All the science 'B's & 'A-'s I've gotten were from labs -___- So if you're good at those too I can see how some people get the 3.9/4.0 gpas.

also CONGRATS RIULYNN! Woop wooooop! :banana:

Congrats! Odd question. What time did they send out the e-mail to notify you?

After a month and 23 days...Interview #5!

School: NYU
Notification date: 10/29
Residency: MI
GPA (science, overall): 3.55, 3.61
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/21/23/NO!

After a month and 23 days...Interview #5!

School: NYU
Residency: MI
GPA (science, overall): 3.55, 3.61
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/21/23/NO!

Congratulations, I've yet to hear from NYU and have had my application 100% complete since September 5th. Can I ask when AADSAS and NYU received your full application with DAT scores and all?

Can schools release rejection notification after an interview? If that's the case, and I don't hear anything until Nov. 30th, is it a safe bet that I got accepted/waitlisted?
I would like to know as well. Has anyone been rejected after an interview/ Does anyone know if this is possible? Or they will only let you know you are rejected after December 1st?

I got some B+'s/A- in some of the chem classes. I actually think physics is the worst! lol
I took a 4 units of research every quarter for 2 years, so I think that helped raise my science GPA a little bit!

I would like to know as well. Has anyone been rejected after an interview/ Does anyone know if this is possible? Or they will only let you know you are rejected after December 1st?

Schools can reject you at any time from what I understand. I know that a few people in this thread were rejected after an interview, though thankfully I haven't been one of those people. Knock on wood. But honestly it all depends on the school, some may reject you on December 1st, while others may not reject you until June 2015. I've gained all this information from reading this year's and previous year's threads.

So I received an email from Columbia saying "invite" and I jumped and jumped from happiness. When I opened it , it was for some random MPH seminar. I got super sad , but then I realized I didn't even applied to Columbia. Ha hahahaha. Stop stressing peeps. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: 16 users
So I received an email from Columbia saying "invite" and I jumped and jumped form happiness. When I opened it , it was for some random MPH seminar. I got super sad , but then I realized I didn't even applied to Columbia. Ha hahahaha. Stop stressing peeps. Cheers

That was so mean lol
But i cant stop laughing

So I received an email from Columbia saying "invite" and I jumped and jumped form happiness. When I opened it , it was for some random MPH seminar. I got super sad , but then I realized I didn't even applied to Columbia. Ha hahahaha. Stop stressing peeps. Cheers

YOU JUST MADE MY DAY!!!!!!!!!!

The people who got an interview or acceptance from MWU IL or AZ, can you share what you did for extra curricular, shadowing etc? This post is really helpful. I thought my stats were horrible and I wouldn't make it. Thanks!
I have an interview at the AZ campus in a few weeks. For ECs, I have 0 volunteer hours, 80 shadowing hours, and 6 years of military experience. Hope you find that helpful - PM me if you want more info.

Columbia be like
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1414601657.557568.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

I laughed out loud when I read the last part

Reactions: 1 users
LOL SENIORITIS IS NO JOKE PEOPLE! i was sitting in class today for 2 hours...then i looked up and realized I hadn't understood a single thing the prof was saying. I dont even know what chapter were in for my physics class.

And I have 3 midterms this week...so I do what every responsible student does. Watch reruns of The Office on blu-ray
Hahaha i have Biochem lab midterm on friday and last night i watched for the SECOND time last week's episodes of Scandal and How to get away with murder! You're right. This is no joke!

Congratulations, I've yet to hear from NYU and have had my application 100% complete since September 5th. Can I ask when AADSAS and NYU received your full application with DAT scores and all?

Thank you! and Mailing date 6/27 but I didn't take my DAT until July 3rd so..."Application complete and under review" by July 18.

Schools can reject you at any time from what I understand. I know that a few people in this thread were rejected after an interview, though thankfully I haven't been one of those people. Knock on wood. But honestly it all depends on the school, some may reject you on December 1st, while others may not reject you until June 2015. I've gained all this information from reading this year's and previous year's threads.
Thank you for the reply!

Hahaha i have Biochem lab midterm on friday and last night i watched for the SECOND time last week's episodes of Scandal and How to get away with murder! You're right. This is no joke!
the struggle is too real +pissed+ <--- i just always wanted to use that guy for something

Reactions: 1 users
Interviews #8 and #9!

School: University at Buffalo
Date: 10/28/2014
Method of notification: Email
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/9/14
Application complete date: 8/15/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.94, 3.89 (+/-) ; 4.00, 3.94 (W/O)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 27 AA/ 25 TS/ 23 PAT/ 28 RC/ none

School: Rutgers
Date: 10/29/2014
Method of notification: Email
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/9/14
Application complete date: 9/12/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.94, 3.89 (+/-) ; 4.00, 3.94 (W/O)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 27 AA/ 25 TS/ 23 PAT/ 28 RC/ none

After 2 months of crickets... My 5th Interview!!! :horns::horns::horns::horns::horns:
Finally a Cali school!!!!

School: USC
Notification date: 10/29/14
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/18/14
Application complete date: 7/18/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.72, 3.52
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/26/22/none
Interview Date: 11/11/14

Like the guy above me, after hearing nothing since 8/22, got

Interview #3!!
Notification date: 10/29/14
Application complete date: 7/18/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.62, 3.69
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/20/26/none
Interview Date: 11/11

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
....I almost gave up on California (the UCSF rejection hit me hard)

Interview #3

Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/25
Application complete date: 7/25
GPA (science, overall): 3.62, 3.60
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):24/24/23/24/none

im screaming

Last edited:
Congrats to all those who have received interview invites!

For those who have not, hang in there and get off of SDN!