**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014-2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
you got into your top choice school. What are you still doing here? LOL
go have some fun now!
Because I have been lurking this board since 2007 and some habits are hard to break.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
i don't think it should have much of an impact but do you guys think me changing my second degree (double majoring) from a BS to a BA would affect my spot? The only diff will be i won't be taking some random plant class.

It definitely depends on the school so I would call/email and ask. I emailed the school I will be attending and asked if I could switch my first major from a B.S. to a B.A. and they were fine with it! It's going to be nice to save money and be less stressed my last semester before dental school!

I figured I would join and post instead of just stalking this thread. I was accepted to Tufts back on Dec 1st, plus another acceptance, a wait list, and a rejection. Congrats everyone!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
There are plenty of February interviews going out and you'd be shocked at the number of spring acceptances. i just read TWO posts about people who were accepted just days before classes started last cycle! So it can happen all the way until summer. I do hope you don't have to wait long to hear positive news, but just hang in there and try not to think of it too much. Easier said than done, but when you release it, it will find you. In the end you are going to end up in dental school and super happy and all this stress and worry will have been a waste of your time and emotions. You'll see. ;)
Thanks! I Hope your optimisms rubs on me! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Guys, Do you think it is appropriate to send an intention letter to your desired school and let them know you are done with your fall semester and what dentistry related activities have you done since the day you submit your application?? because it takes 4 weeks from now for AADSAS to receive and send my updated transcript to schools . I heard from some medical school students that this is ok but I`m not sure if this works for us or not.

Interview #1 at CWRU!

I also got my Canadian DAT scores back from November!
RC: 22
Bio: 28
Chem: 23
Science total: 25
Academic Average : 24
PAT: 19

I've never been so happy!:clap:

Reactions: 31 users
Acceptance from BU. So I cancelled an invite from another school. So thankful to have an offer already, but still awaiting for my dream school interview invite! Good luck everyone.

Interview #1 at CWRU!

wow, great score! congrats! you may have a chance at canadian dental schools too. I wish I have your scores :)

Interview #1 at CWRU!

I also just got my nov 2014 score back, the PAT curve is crazy. The highest score is only 23....

A little late but..
Accepted: UNE
Waitlisted: UConn and NYU
Interview at Tufts in January!
:hardy:

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back!

I also just got my nov 2014 score back, the PAT curve is crazy. The highest score is only 23....

Where did you find information about the curve?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Acceptance from BU. So I cancelled an invite from another school. So thankful to have an offer already, but still awaiting for my dream school interview invite! Good luck everyone.

Did you hear back from BU on dec 1st?

Guys, Do you think it is appropriate to send an intention letter to your desired school and let them know you are done with your fall semester and what dentistry related activities have you done since the day you submit your application?? because it takes 4 weeks from now for AADSAS to receive and send my updated transcript to schools . I heard from some medical school students that this is ok but I`m not sure if this works for us or not.

I did that with one school a few weeks ago and got an interview an hour later. Didn't get accepted, but a little attention never hurts.

I did that with one school a few weeks ago and got an interview an hour later. Didn't get accepted, but a little attention never hurts.

Went and talked to the admission committee in person about my intent and interest in my #1.

Got an acceptance the next morning.

Went and talked to the admission committee in person about my intent and interest in my #1.

Got an acceptance the next morning.
lol is this for real or are you pulling my leg again.

I hope you're not lying because I am starting up my car right now and heading to the admission office.

lol is this for real or are you pulling my leg again.

I hope you're not lying because I am starting up my car right now and heading to the admission office.

Don't know about him but I'm being honest. I have no reason to lie.

I do remember reading how someone that was on the waitlist did get accepted after they went personally into the office and gave in one more letter of recommendation.

Haha, I might be a little sarcastic and a little callous at times.

But I dont lie.

Reactions: 1 user
Got an interview invite at UPENN!
Congrats, did they email you today? What was your status on the portal? App under review or App complete? I am still hoping for an interview there too. Best of luck to you! Are you from PA?

Congrats, did they email you today? What was your status on the portal? App under review or App complete? I am still hoping for an interview there too. Best of luck to you! Are you from PA?

Yeah I got an email today. My status didnt change..it still says recieved/under review. I'm from Toronto, Canada!

Interview invitation to Roseman today, but I will be declining.

I was just invited to an interview at LECOM for 12/18 and will be declining the offer due to other acceptances already. Best of luck!

The earlier I schedule an interview, the better chance I have, correct? Will one week make a difference(Jan 16 vs Jan 23)?

declined my LECOM interview offer, hope it serves someone else better

Has anyone received an acceptance from San Antonio or Baylor after December 1st?

1st interview invite! Case Western!!! so excited!

Reactions: 6 users
I have to decide tonight. Just got home from work and checked my email. I have to study for a final and im barely sitting still at the table!

:)

will check flights and hotels out shortly. Its quite an expensive trip for me. Coming from Atlantic Provinces

I have to decide tonight. Just got home from work and checked my email. I have to study for a final and im barely sitting still at the table!

:)

will check flights and hotels out shortly. Its quite an expensive trip for me. Coming from Atlantic Provinces

Me too. I'm in NS.

when do you think you will go? I cant go 13th and 16th
but Jan 29th , Feb 3 (my birthday which is kind of cool), 5th

when do you think you will go? I cant go 13th and 16th
but Jan 29th , Feb 3 (my birthday which is kind of cool), 5th
I put down the 23rd because it's a Friday so I will only need to take one day off work.
We must have some different dates available to us since you didn't mention the 23rd.

The 23rd is not on my list of options!
BEST OF LUCK! CONGRATS!!!!!

I put down the 23rd because it's a Friday so I will only need to take one day off work.
We must have some different dates available to us since you didn't mention the 23rd.

Accepted to UCSF DDS/PhD Program!

Likely withdrawing from: USC, Iowa, U Pitt, Columbia, and U Mich (w/ scholarship) acceptances.

Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Rejection without interview.

Last edited:
Here's a tangent for those that haven't had breakfast: Krispy Kreme is having a buy one dozen get a dozen of original doughnuts free!

Reactions: 4 users