**Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014-2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone get acceptance from UDM after Dec.1st?

Members don't see this ad.

Posting this until now, but its been quite busy, Couple days ago I received both of these.

Rejection #2 : Pitt

Interview #12 : VCU (Declining)

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview Invite #6
Tufts
Dates offered 2/2, 2/3, 2/5

Unfortunately they asked me out to prom too late, going to be declining the offer. Hopefully one of you get it now if you're waiting still.

Reactions: 11 users
For people who is waiting: Pls don't lose hope yet. I just got my #4 interview invitation from USC. Will decline it because I got accepted to my #1 choice :D

Reactions: 5 users
Crappy day. This post only really applies to Canadians. Sorry guys!

Rejection

School: McGill University
GPA: 3.96 (they only look at your most recent degree)
DAT: not required for admission
Volunteering/EC's: >2000 hours (500 were dentistry related)

Reactions: 1 user
I think alot of people are also forgetting that people who are holding multiple offers are required to choose 1 by April 1st.

I am not sure how many people have the dough to hold multiple offers but there should be some seats opening up then. I really dont think it's selfish for people to put down a deposit so they have a school to go to while hoping to get an acceptance from their top school. It's the way the system is set up.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think alot of people are also forgetting that people who are holding multiple offers are required to choose 1 by April 1st.

I am not sure how many people have the dough to hold multiple offers but there should be some seats opening up then. I really dont think it's selfish for people to put down a deposit so they have a school to go to while hoping to get an acceptance from their top school. It's the way the system is set up.
I can understand both sides.... Depends on which side of the fence you're in haha.

If you're waiting for an interview or an acceptance then of course you would "be hatin'" at those people but if you have multiple acceptances then you would ignore the acceptances you already have and troll around the park while waiting for your "top school" prince to arrive.

I am currently in the I-am-not-rushing-or-being-mean-but-can-you-please-put-down-the-deposit(s)-to-the-school(s)-that-you-like-fast-so-that-we-can-get-the-chance-please-and-try-not-to-wait-super-long-I-really-appreciate-it side of fence.

Reactions: 6 users
I can understand both sides.... Depends on which side of the fence you're in haha.

If you're waiting for an interview or an acceptance then of course you would "be hatin'" at those people but if you have multiple acceptances then you would ignore the acceptances you already have and troll around the park while waiting for your "top school" prince to arrive.

I am currently in the I-am-not-rushing-or-being-mean-but-can-you-please-put-down-the-deposit(s)-to-the-school(s)-that-you-like-fast-so-that-we-can-get-the-chance-please-and-try-not-to-wait-super-long-I-really-appreciate-it side of fence.

I hate this side of the fence. :(

Reactions: 3 users
Interview #5

School: UMD
Notification date: 1/16
Method of notification: Phone Call
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/25
Application complete date: 8/8
GPA (science, overall) 3.62/3.60
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/23/24

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #5

dang i almost forgot that this school exists...
Congrats!

To people wanting a shot at UF, MWU-AZ or Nova, I should be withdrawing soon... Sowwy guys :(

Interview #5

I got interview invite on 1/16 as well. Did you call back to confirm?....I got email saying that we need to call their office to confirm by 16 but I did not call back since I got invite phone call on 16.....

Last edited:
Interview invitations #6/#7 from OHSU and USC, will be declining both. Good luck to those who are waiting for an interview!

Reactions: 2 users
I got interview invite on 1/16 as well. Did you call back to confirm?....I got email saying that we need to call their office to confirm by 16 but I did not call back since I got invite phone call on 16.....
No because we got invited on the last day of confirmation so we're good. I asked her if I had to call and she said no you're already confirmed. I believe the email they send is confirmation enough. I'll be seeing you there buddy!

Also accepted to Tufts on Friday

Interview #4

School: Roseman
Notification date: 1/19/15
Method of notification: email
Residency: Cali
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/7/2014
Application complete date: Mid July
GPA (science, overall) 3.27, 3.45
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/20/17

Will be withdrawing from this one

Interview #4

Notification date: 1/19/15
Residency: Cali
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/7/2014
GPA (science, overall) 3.27, 3.45
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/20/17

Will be withdrawing from this one
When did they place your app under review?

4th interview. Waiting for this one!

School: Temple
Notification Date: 1/20/15
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: Canada
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27/2014
Application Complete Date: 6/13/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.44, 3.45
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/19/21/none

Interview #1 FINALLY

Notification date: 1/20/15
Residency: Oregon
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/9/2014
GPA (science, overall) 3.2, 3.37
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/26/23

Reactions: 22 users
Acceptance #2
Upenn!!!
Interviewed 1/9, got called 1/20
Flipping out

Reactions: 19 users
Interview #5 at Temple :D

Reactions: 2 users
Interview #5 at Temple :D

I see you got an interview at Temple (congrats) but your signature says Buffalo 2019. Will you be declining the Temple interview?

I see you got an interview at Temple (congrats) but your signature says Buffalo 2019. Will you be declining the Temple interview?

I'm still debating over it....i.e Temple is only a couple hours drive. So I want to visit them. But I have made my decision to go to U at Buffalo...So...

When did they call you? Was that the last interview day available?

No, they emailed me. I need to call to schedule the interview. So, I don't know what days are available yet. If I decided to go, I will let you know.

@dzle be careful. I was set on Pacific till I said sure, lets go interview at Upenn I have nothing to lose. Then I got it. Now Im so torn.

@dzle be careful. I was set on Pacific till I said sure, lets go interview at Upenn I have nothing to lose. Then I got it. Now Im so torn.

Wow...It must be a really hard decision for you! I got interview at USC but decline due to cost of tuition. But Temple...humh...Anyway, being an Asian, I think I will go with the cheapest possible option when all the schools are almost the same in term of quality lol

Interview #2
School: U Pacific
Notification date: Early Jan
Method of notification: Call/e-mail
Residency: AL
AADSAS mail-out date: Mid-Aug
Application complete date: Mid-Oct
GPA (science, overall) 3.8+
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22+

Interview #3
School: U Penn
Notification date: Jan 20
Method of notification: Call/e-mail
Residency: AL
AADSAS mail-out date: Mid-Aug
Application complete date: Mid-Oct
GPA (science, overall) 3.8+
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22+

Rough estimates on stats but point is interview at both. I withdrew from U Pacific although interview was this Monday. I chose to interview at U Penn due to cost similarities but U Penn being Ivy.

No, they emailed me. I need to call to schedule the interview. So, I don't know what days are available yet. If I decided to go, I will let you know.
Thanks!!

Interview #1
School: UNMC
Notification date: September
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NE
AADSAS mail-out date: Mid June
Application complete date: June, 6th
GPA (science, overall) 3.5, 3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/18/21 (QRT was a 17)
Result: Waitlisted on Dec. 1st

Interview #2
School: Creighton
Notification date: November
Method of notification: e-mail
Result: Still waiting on a decision from them. Application is still with the committee

Interview #3
School: MWU-IL
Notification date: Today
Method of notification: e-mail
Interview Date: March 10th

Hoping for the best!!!! Either Creighton or MWU-IL.

Reactions: 1 users