Official June 15th MCAT Scores Release Countdown Thread!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorPardi

In Memory of Riley Jane
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
8 days until scores are scheduled to be released!! Is everyone else starting to get really nervous?

Post here with any new MCAT release info, or your nervous ramblings!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going crazy. I'm nervous, scared, anxious, and excited all at the same time. Why does this agony have to draw out for 30+ days?! Why?!?!

I need a hug. :(

I am nervous...this is my second time taking it (I took it April 7th and got a mediocore score) so I am hoping I nailed it this time...because I am applying this year no matter what!!

I reallllllly don't want to retake and get even farther behind in this process. The last thing I want do is to ruin the rest of my summer by sitting inside all day and studying. ugh

Members don't see this ad :)
*Chant* Please be high, please be high, please be high

I really hope my score is where I need it to be, I don't want to end up studying till the end of August and be at the tail end of this application period....wouldn't be a good sign. Plus I have a cancun trip in mid-August, so my scores depend on it!! hahaha

it was definitely before 5....i think they were released around 2 or 3

I don't know about May 31, but I took the April 7th exam and our scores were released around 3:30pm on May 9th. So between 2-4pm seems to be the magic time frame.

keep checking every 5 minutes they might release it early for special sexy people

I am taking that day off, just to be able to check for results every 2 minutes.
I am sure I will be diagnosed with OCD by the time this hell is over!

hey guys, i'm new here. i was searching for the release date on google and ran into this thread. i must say, all your ramblings have gotten me much more nervous than i was before. i guess i can just be another member of the antsy crew. hope you've been recovering well from all that studying!

aarghhh, s:scared: w:scared:rried. I realized I g:scared:t 3 easy bi:scared: questi:scared:ns wr:scared:ng right after I left the test center and I left at least 1 blank :scared:n the PS and VR!?!?!?!?

HAHA Y:laugh:U ARE HILARI:laugh:US.

i'm incredibly confident that i have to RETAKE, and there are still spaces for the august 6th and 9th administrations open around me, but i literally have no time to study. i work 7:30AM-7:30PM (3 hours of that is commuting...), i have a HUGE research presentation to give at the beginning of August and its crucial that i am well-prepared for it (so far my research data is all over the place so i have 3 weeks to work my butt off in lab), and on top of that with secondaries and stuff, i dont know how i am going to stay a live and study for the MCAT. havent touched a book since june 15th except to throw them all in the back of my closet. i'm freaking out.

aarghhh, s:scared: w:scared:rried. I realized I g:scared:t 3 easy bi:scared: questi:scared:ns wr:scared:ng right after I left the test center and I left at least 1 blank :scared:n the PS and VR!?!?!?!?

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you guys read the thread about the May 31st exam results? Is anyone else freaking out about that? Honestly, I think the curve on their verbal was off, particularly because people "felt they did so well." I didn't feel nearly that well about ANY of the sections on the June 15th exam, so I'm hoping the curve will be favorable. I spent way too long on the first VR section, then had to rush through the rest. Plus the Bio wasn't as straightforward as the practice tests, and I know I missed at least 5 or so on the PS. This is so nervewracking.

I also wanted to ask: if we need to retake, how do we approach that with schools we've already applied to? Do we e-mail them and say something like "I am planning to retake on Aug. 9. Please do not reject me based on these crappy scores because I know I can do better"? Any advice? Do you think they'll wait for new scores?

Do they always release the scores on the expected release dates? I noticed one or two days before the may31st was released the service got really slow. This happened today for me.

I'm definitely feeling just as bad if not worse than I did right after taking the MCAT. It's funny how after a week I'd gotten almost back to normal, and now I"m just a trainwreck again. Seriously It's about time to go ahead and stock up on alcohol because I have a feeling I'll need it! I'm all but sure I'll be re-taking it as well. However I'm weary of rushing it and taking it in August, therefore I've kind or resigned myself to waiting until January and then applying for 2013. Anyone else thinking of doing that?

also contemplating applying for 2013 and giving up this year if scores aren't too hot. i feel like retaking in august would probably be a disaster seeing as how i havent touched a book since june.

i have my fingers crossed but feel like im about to :barf:

I'm heading out of town until Tuesday. No internet, no books, nothing but friends, beach, BBQ, and booze.

Then Wednesday it's back to work. They pretty much know the only thing I'm going to accomplish is breaking F5 on my keyboard. Try to relax folks, it's all water under the bridge now....

i was nervous when i just read the previous posts. not good to scare us!! i am very much worried and i have planned a retake if needed on august 14th.

...... We are in the same situation! I am also absolutely sure that I have to retake. I have been registered to retake since June 16th! The worst thing is that I am doing research from 8am-7:30pm..and I have no time to study. Also I have to plan a poster presentation by the end of this month....I am so stressed out!! I haven't even finished writting my personal statement.... And the worst.......I am already 25 years old and it would be horrible to have to wait until 2009....specially because I already have my bachelor's ....I am soooo depressed......:( I just need good luck :(....................

incredibly confident that i have to RETAKE, and there are still spaces for the august 6th and 9th administrations open around me, but i literally have no time to study. i work 7:30AM-7:30PM (3 hours of that is commuting...), i have a HUGE research presentation to give at the beginning of August and its crucial that i am well-prepared for it (so far my research data is all over the place so i have 3 weeks to work my butt off in lab), and on top of that with secondaries and stuff, i dont know how i am going to stay a live and study for the MCAT. havent touched a book since june 15th except to throw them all in the back of my closet. i'm freaking out.[/quote]

okay, just to make sure, the scores are supposed to come out on the 18th at about 5pm? is this the consensus?

...... We are in the same situation! I am also absolutely sure that I have to retake. I have been registered to retake since June 16th! The worst thing is that I am doing research from 8am-7:30pm..and I have no time to study. Also I have to plan a poster presentation by the end of this month....I am so stressed out!! I haven't even finished writting my personal statement.... And the worst.......I am already 25 years old and it would be horrible to have to wait until 2009....specially because I already have my bachelor's ....I am soooo depressed......:( I just need good luck :(....................

incredibly confident that i have to RETAKE, and there are still spaces for the august 6th and 9th administrations open around me, but i literally have no time to study. i work 7:30AM-7:30PM (3 hours of that is commuting...), i have a HUGE research presentation to give at the beginning of August and its crucial that i am well-prepared for it (so far my research data is all over the place so i have 3 weeks to work my butt off in lab), and on top of that with secondaries and stuff, i dont know how i am going to stay a live and study for the MCAT. havent touched a book since june 15th except to throw them all in the back of my closet. i'm freaking out.
[/QUOTE]

I know the feeling. I tossed all of my study materials into a corner and then covered them with stuff just so I wouldn't have to look at them and instantly feel depressed. I was just so sick of them that I really couldn't have seen myself studying directly after the MCAT. I'm just hoping and praying that everything went ok because it really would be demoralizing to have to start up the studying again.

I know the feeling. I tossed all of my study materials into a corner and then covered them with stuff just so I wouldn't have to look at them and instantly feel depressed. I was just so sick of them that I really couldn't have seen myself studying directly after the MCAT. I'm just hoping and praying that everything went ok because it really would be demoralizing to have to start up the studying again.

Amen.

3 more days

It feels like we're starting to pick up speed as we get closer to the release date. And the closer we get, the more I feel like digging my heels in to slow down because I dread seeing the score. Please, please, please, no section below an 8, and at least 29+ overall.

It feels like we're starting to pick up speed as we get closer to the release date. And the closer we get, the more I feel like digging my heels in to slow down because I dread seeing the score. Please, please, please, no section below an 8, and at least 29+ overall.

Amen to that!

I am starting to freak out, because I submitted my AMCAS a few days after the MCAT and applied in the blind. I am kind of worried that I will have spent a $1000 on primaries only to discover that my MCAT stinks and that I will have to retake or reapply again next year.:oops:

I am starting to freak out, because I submitted my AMCAS a few days after the MCAT and applied in the blind. I am kind of worried that I will have spent a $1000 on primaries only to discover that my MCAT stinks and that I will have to retake or reapply again next year.:oops:

Exactly in the same boat, simply freaking out! I have paid 1660 on the primary, paid for 2 secondaries already! I took my decision I am not repeating if I get 29+. If not I am re-writing on the 9th of August!

Exactly in the same boat, simply freaking out! I have paid 1660 on the primary, paid for 2 secondaries already! I took my decision I am not repeating if I get 29+. If not I am re-writing on the 9th of August!

I'm in almost EXACTLY the same position as you guys. I submitted the primary and was verified on 6/6. I've actually submitted 11 secondaries so far! I'm applying this year come hell or high water, and like M.Furfur, will be retaking on August 9th if I don't at least get a 29. I'm a non-traditional student, and I'm already starting to lose sleep and we've still got three more days!!! I can't wait for this anxiety to be over.

Why would you need to reapply next year? If you didn't do as well as you wanted you take it again in august and send those scores to the schools. There are still many people who haven't even touched the AMCAS.

Where does it say the scores will come out on the 18th? and i feel like im the only person in the world who hasnt submitted my amcas :(

I hate to be adding to the neurosis but I couldn't help myself. :smuggrin:

For those of you interested in an automatic browser refresher, check out these ****s.

Mac: WebDesktop: displays a Safari webpage on your desktop; you can edit preferences to refresh at a specified interval; can be found at http://stevenf.com/software/webdesktop/

Windows: Page Update Checker extension for Firefox, https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/920

I just downloaded Page Update Checker and it says that it doesn't necessarily work with pages that require logins. So perhaps it will only check for as long as you're not timed out once you check into THX? How long do you think that is? Or has someone used this before with a page that requires a login, and it worked?

This is all probably moot since I'll be at work and am not allowed to download anything on my work computer. I could bring in my laptop (they have wireless access), but it would be through my workplace's network, and they actually monitor not only what sites we visit, but how active we are on the sites. So, if they see me hitting refresh (or using a program that constantly refreshes for me), it will look pretty sketchy. I'll definitely be refreshing on Wed, but obviously not as much as I'd like.

Perhaps if some of you are free on Wed and feeling magnanimous, you could help those of us out who can't constantly refresh? You know, like each person who will be free (and reliably obsessive about checking THX) could email one (or a couple) of those of us who are stuck at work on Wed? I'd say we could start a chain, but then if someone got called into a meeting at work or something, the chain would be broken.

Ok, enough babbling. Are there any compulsive premeds out there who are dedicating Wed to checking THX and are willing to email (or better yet, text message me) when the score comes out? I'd be happy to proofread a personal statement or secondaries in exchange. I'm a great editor (I was a laywer for 7 years). Pretty please with Magic Shell on top?

I just downloaded Page Update Checker and it says that it doesn't necessarily work with pages that require logins. So perhaps it will only check for as long as you're not timed out once you check into THX? How long do you think that is? Or has someone used this before with a page that requires a login, and it worked?

This is all probably moot since I'll be at work and am not allowed to download anything on my work computer. I could bring in my laptop (they have wireless access), but it would be through my workplace's network, and they actually monitor not only what sites we visit, but how active we are on the sites. So, if they see me hitting refresh (or using a program that constantly refreshes for me), it will look pretty sketchy. I'll definitely be refreshing on Wed, but obviously not as much as I'd like.

Perhaps if some of you are free on Wed and feeling magnanimous, you could help those of us out who can't constantly refresh? You know, like each person who will be free (and reliably obsessive about checking THX) could email one (or a couple) of those of us who are stuck at work on Wed? I'd say we could start a chain, but then if someone got called into a meeting at work or something, the chain would be broken.

Ok, enough babbling. Are there any compulsive premeds out there who are dedicating Wed to checking THX and are willing to email (or better yet, text message me) when the score comes out? I'd be happy to proofread a personal statement or secondaries in exchange. I'm a great editor (I was a laywer for 7 years). Pretty please with Magic Shell on top?

Hey Phoenix,
As a temporary workaround for the Firefox extension, what I think may work is if you first login to the THX site, then tell the extension to monitor that site, and keep Firefox open to that page. Then the extension should tell you whether or not the page you just logged into has changed. Hope this helps!