Official June 15th MCAT Scores Release Countdown Thread!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorPardi

In Memory of Riley Jane
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
8 days until scores are scheduled to be released!! Is everyone else starting to get really nervous?

Post here with any new MCAT release info, or your nervous ramblings!

Members don't see this ad.

For some sinister reason my browser just took a full minute to refresh the THx page. I swear, my eyes were bugging out of my head while I waited with my breath held. ARGH!!!! Make this stop. Please?

Same thing happened to me...thought they were coming. My daughter and I were holding our breath. But, alas....nothing.:rolleyes:

my computer did the same thing...i'm sitting here ready to vomit, and then the screen blinks to "you have no scores yet"

bastard computer!

Members don't see this ad :)
just to make the time bearable....anyone interested in geriatric medicine or brain aging?

I'm thinking it's taking longer to refresh because more people are hitting the site. Everyone's checking.

so, does the AAMC hit a master button to release them or something or are they still uploading scores?

Hey, first post!
Wow, once I first stumbled upon SDN, my impression was similar to the impression I had when I lifted this huge piece of old and rotten wood, and I found a whole sea of all sorts of different bugs underneath it . Regarding the June 15th MCAT, I think I did well, but why should you care?? However, if you insist on knowing why I feel this way, let me clarify: I actually had fun doing this test, as opposed to the August 2006 version. I believe the main reason for such feelings is being more prepared. For the first test, I studied a week, where I "went through" all of Kaplan material, and did 2 practice tests (well, partially anyhow). I score 28O, 11 Bio, 10 Phy, 7 verbal. Meh, so what? This time I studied for about 2 months, you know, 4 or so hours after work, when I felt like it. I also did many of these AAMC test, not many of the Kaplans, as I found them to be different from AAMC. Yeah, obviously Kaplan tests are different, but what is different besides the content? Well, I found Kaplan structure was different. It is of no use preparing for a test by doing mocks, which are really mocking the wrong thing: your preparedness for the MCAT. Yeah, I mean, Kaplan is a great way to check if you really have all the formulas memorized and all teeny tiny details, while the MCAT tests your understanding and application of what you should already know from you undergraduate studies.

Furthermore, I guess one advice is try to enjoy the test; try to pretend it is a Sudoku puzzle. Better yet, try to do a Sudoku puzzle, while thinking that its completion within a ridiculuosly small time frame will impact the rest of your life. See what I mean? MCAT is as hard as you want to make it. Cliche? Perhaps, but not necessarily false. F5 away!

Zwirk,

Respectfully, I could not disagree more with the broad generalizations you have made above. First off, you noted that you took several AAMC practice tests before your retake, which, when combined with what I quote above, I find somewhat problematic. Second, prep courses offered by such companies as Kaplan and The Princeton Review actually do much to de-emphasize rote memorization of formulas, and rather emphasize understanding and application of basic principles. While it is true that these basic principles are learned during the undergraduate career, there are disparities that exist among undergraduate institutions with respect to what they demand out of their students. As a hypothetical example, a certain prestigious institution may emphasize inventive problem solving and application of concepts on exams, whereas a different institution may emphasize rote memorization of large amounts of information in a short amount of time. Between the two of these I just mentioned, the MCAT is certainly a test of the former. So although I agree with you that the undergraduate years are a time during which a premedical student should learn the basic science and materials tested on the MCAT, students' ability to apply this information in the way the MCAT demands may vary greatly throughout the country. As such, I see enormous merit to completing as many practice tests, or "mocks" as you describe, as possible prior to the actual administration. You mention that practice tests gauge one's preparedness for the MCAT, and I am very confused as to how this would NOT be considered one of the most important tasks a premedical student should undertake prior to taking the real MCAT.

Finally, respectfully, I would ask you why you are posting and contributing to the community if you view it as you have described in your bugs analogy. I also wonder how this attitude toward the community would have influenced your post, which I would argue it has.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, everybody...I just want you to know...sniffle, sniffle...how much it means to me...sniffle, sniffle...for you to be here with me during this time.....

so, does the AAMC hit a master button to release them or something or are they still uploading scores?

I think it's closer to a Santa Claus Scheme. each individual house is visited by the AAMC Fairy/Rabbit/Obese Gentleman until all the scores have been delivered while we sleep. if we leave out cookies we get a higher letter on the writing score. since that doesn't matter, i'm lacing mine with tetrodotoxin

ahh! where are the scores?!?! It's 4:25 now- now I'm debating, do I leave work and drive the 45 minutes to get home (risking driving off the road because of the state that I am in) or do I sit here in my cube until 5 and wait?!?!

One of my rats choked to death on food about an hour ago; i hope that's not a sign

only if he took the mcat as well...and he probably will beat my score. do you think AAMC will let me take a dead rat's score?

i'm trying to find ways to give myself a brain freeze as i log in to check my score.

i'm hoping it'll sort of numb the effect.

i tried this morning with a chai latte freeze.

it might work.:laugh:

only if he took the mcat as well...and he probably will beat my score. do you think AAMC will let me take a dead rat's score?

You're funny!! Enjoying your humorous posts UKFrog!!! Thanks for keeping us entertained!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm starting to think of evil responses to that THx inquiry on the screen: "What would you like to do?"

I hear it in that War Games voice. And I have nasty things to say in response.

lmao. what a great new perspective on the THX site. they should add a smiley like this one :laugh: right next to "what would you like to do?"

also, i just called AAMC and the rep verified that the scores will be released after 5pm EST.

/best of luck

The website has a link that says, "Report a problem". Ummm.....I have a problem...I've been sitting at the computer since I woke up at 6:00 AM this morning, obsessively refreshing their page, and now I'm really hungry, and my back hurts, and I want to eat steak like Phoenix1:smuggrin:...

You're funny!! Enjoying your humorous posts UKFrog!!! Thanks for keeping us entertained!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

PT to MD, I was feeling that warm fuzzy feeling about all of you too, a couple of minutes before you posted about it. And I started to feel like laughing a few minutes ago (regardless of UKFrog's posts, which are quite funny anyway), and now I think I'm simply becoming a refresh-addict. I just hit refresh on the THx site once per second about 20 times in a row before I could stop myself. Maybe it's time to cry now. Is the final phase acceptance? Of what?

lmao. what a great new perspective on the THX site. they should add a smiley like this one :laugh: right next to "what would you like to do?"

also, i just called AAMC and the rep verified that the scores will be released after 5pm EST.

/best of luck

Please, I gotta know...did the rep snicker as he/she replied and then cackle as you got off the phone?

OH and has anyone noticed that the number of views of our thread is coming up to the same number of views of the "Useful MCAT stuff" thread?

/best of luck

Come on! You couldn't pin them down a little better as to what exactly AFTER means here? I feel some rage may be coming in short order. (not at you, Aurah)

Ti serdce moe, prosti sa lyuboooooov, ostiiiiilaaaaa,
Puslushai menya, ya prosto lyubiiiiilaaaaaaaa!

Sorry, had to break up the tension.

Move along, nothing to see here...

/best of luck

Thank you for calling Aurah. I wonder how long AFTER it will be? I have biochemistry class two hours AFTER 5 PM (based on pacific time standards.) I am not leaving this computer until I see my scores, though!!!!

It pops up automatically and an audio recording screams your breakdown really loud through your speakers. Better mute your computer if you're at work.

bwhahahahahahahhahahah i needed that laugh, badly.

::rocks back and forth like filbert:: oh jesus, oh jesus.

Thank you for calling Aurah. I wonder how long AFTER it will be? I have biochemistry class two hours AFTER 5 PM (based on pacific time standards.) I am not leaving this computer until I see my scores, though!!!!

This will really mess up my comfort food/celebration dinner if they decide to release them at 10 or 11pm tonight. This is simply cruel and unusual.

Yeah so I was like "I just wanted to verify that the scores will be released before 5pm today..." and the rep was like "...................... after 5pm." So my hopes of psychologically manipulating the rep into telling me that they would be released before 5pm on the record were foiled.

As far as the politeness of the rep, she was pretty monotone and didn't sound too happy, but wasn't rude by any regard.

and Phoenix, i second your rage. What the heck are these guys even doing over there dicking around for 30+ days with a bunch of multiple choice answers and essays that probably take like 30 seconds to grade......

This will really mess up my comfort food/celebration dinner if they decide to release them at 10 or 11pm tonight. This is simply cruel and unusual.

My whole family is waiting to eat a late lunch until we get my scores --- it will either be a celebration or a wake --- but I agree with you at any rate. Too nervous to eat!!! Three young children in Cali are hungry and waiting for mom's scores!!! :eek:

i just took a three hour nap to forget about the scores, but i kept having nightmares of people asking me when my score would be coming out!!! i just want to cry...

Here's a quick PS exercise for those of us who may take MCAT again?

If a premed student sits at 90degree angle for a total of 10 hours while constantly flexing the index finger to refresher a website, how long before intercranial pressure is great enough to explode brain matter onto the tile, hospital floor?

Given STP conditions and normal sinus rhythm.

I'd like to express how glad I am that other people are right there with me. Also, I'd like to add :barf:

i just took a three hour nap to forget about the scores, but i kept having nightmares of people asking me when my score would be coming out!!! i just want to cry...

Three hour nap? I guess we know who has the xanax!!! Sorry about the bad dreams. I had the pleasure of those last night!!!:sleep: