*Official June 2016 MCAT Thread*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aalamruad

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there everyone! Figured I'd start this thread since I recently started preparing for the June 18th MCAT. For those of you who are taking the June 2nd MCAT, June 18th MCAT, or still considering one of those two dates, feel free to post here with any questions, comments, concerns, or support you have to offer!

Good luck to you all! Let's crush it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Nah, I'm really excited about the DO route! And I really wanna grasp this opportunity to leave my home state and adventure somewhere else

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

No matter where I end up, it will be at least 3 hours from where I live, so I feel that it will be an adventure no matter what!

Hey fam, I'm currently sitting in a much happier situation than when I last posted, as I have 1 OOS MD II and 1 IS MD II. Hope everyone else has been well also! :)

I have a good feeling about your cycle!

I'm still at 0 II - don't care! I'm really enjoying my free time. Hiked 30 miles in the last 4 days!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys. Got rejected from my state school today, pretty devastated. Their median is only 1 point above mine so I didn't think my MCAT would hurt much, although my atrocious breakdown may have contributed. Looks like I have 9 days to figure out if I should just start studying for a retake in January. At this point, I'm doubtful that I'll receive any love from OOS schools. Here's to the worst thing that can happen in a cycle - coming almost exactly two months after receiving my score. I guess sooner is better than later in some ways.

Hope ya'll are hanging in there!

Hey guys. Got rejected from my state school today, pretty devastated. Their median is only 1 point above mine so I didn't think my MCAT would hurt much, although my atrocious breakdown may have contributed. Looks like I have 9 days to figure out if I should just start studying for a retake in January. At this point, I'm doubtful that I'll receive any love from OOS schools. Here's to the worst thing that can happen in a cycle - coming almost exactly two months after receiving my score. I guess sooner is better than later in some ways.

Hey man, sorry to hear that. People with higher scores got rejected from your school too. The problem is there are so many factors that go into the decisions... its frustrating. Keep your head up, the cycle isnt even close to being over yet! You never know what can happen.

I'm sorry to hear that, but do you really have to decide whether to study again for the MCAT in the next couple days or not? Why not wait until later in the cycle when the interview season is over (e.g. March or April)? It's not past Thanksgiving yet and you might even get some good news after that, who knows? Plus you'll still have time to study for a May or June exam next cycle if you really don't hear back. I know the feeling really sucks, but you just gotta hang on a little longer!

I'm sorry to hear that, but do you really have to decide whether to study again for the MCAT in the next couple days or not? Why not wait until later in the cycle when the interview season is over (e.g. March or April)? It's not past Thanksgiving yet and you might even get some good news after that, who knows? Plus you'll still have time to study for a May or June exam next cycle if you really don't hear back. I know the feeling really sucks, but you just gotta hang on a little longer!

Well, I would need to at least sign up. Registration opens on October 19th. It may be that I'm just SOL for the MCAT fee if I end up having to retake because I don't want to lose a seat on a day I want. I want to apply day 1 if I have to reapply, that would mean an April MCAT at the latest. That means starting to prep after Thanksgiving.

Well, I would need to at least sign up. Registration opens on October 19th. It may be that I'm just SOL for the MCAT fee if I end up having to retake because I don't want to lose a seat on a day I want. I want to apply day 1 if I have to reapply, that would mean an April MCAT at the latest. That means starting to prep after Thanksgiving.
Are you taking classes in the spring? Because I personally feel like thats almost too much time, especially since youve taken it before! And I remember reading somewhere that the earlier dates dont fill up as fast as the summer dates.

Are you taking classes in the spring? Because I personally feel like thats almost too much time, especially since youve taken it before! And I remember reading somewhere that the earlier dates dont fill up as fast as the summer dates.

I'm not in school. But I can't afford to not do well a second time. I'd rather give myself too much time and overstudy than score poorly again. I may end up needing some sort of CARS assistance so I need to budget for that.

Hey guys, just wanted to check in and see how everyone's cycle is going? I see quite a few accepted's in here, and hopefully everyone who hasn't been accepted yet is keeping their chin up since it's still not too late in the cycle.

Also, I am posting selfishly to share that I have been accepted to my absolute top choice/dream school!! I don't think that I could ever be happier than I am right now.

Reallyyyyy hope that the rest of you are also having luck/having fun interviewing!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Hey guys, just wanted to check in and see how everyone's cycle is going? I see quite a few accepted's in here, and hopefully everyone who hasn't been accepted yet is keeping their chin up since it's still not too late in the cycle.

Also, I am posting selfishly to share that I have been accepted to my absolute top choice/dream school!! Just goes to show that you can overcome a really bad previous mcat score. I don't think that I could ever be happier than I am right now.

Reallyyyyy hope that the rest of you are also having luck/having fun interviewing!
What school?

Also, I am posting selfishly to share that I have been accepted to my absolute top choice/dream school!! Just goes to show that you can overcome a really bad previous mcat score. I don't think that I could ever be happier than I am right now.

Big congrats to you!!! That seriously makes me so happy to see your success! I was also accepted to my dream school just last week! Haha we did it.

Reactions: 1 user

Congrats!! So happy for you, hearing that good news just made my morning :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Aside from the guaranteed interview with my SMP, which isn't for a few months, no interviews, a few rejections, one hold, a whole lot of silence from the rest. Pretty much what I expected, but I was hoping that some school out there might be willing to take a flyer on me.

Congratulations you guys!

On my end, I'll probably be retaking. Oh well :S I know to focus on CARS this time around.

Congrats on your acceptance!

In response to your post, I took the June 2, 2016 MCAT. I applied EDP (non-Rural Medicine track) to the Medical College of Georgia and was accepted 9/16/2016.

Full details of my app here: 2016-2017 Medical College of Georgia Application Thread

Last edited:
Congrats to all the Junies hearing some positive news. :)

I scored a 509, felt nerve-wracked about some concerns regarding a balanced score, and have been really grateful for the 5 II's and 3 MD acceptances I've received. Hearing back from my top choice Friday and am on pins and needles, but overall just ecstatic to know that I've been accepted to medical school.

Anyone here have any celebration plans?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Is the official MCAT and prep company practice test score compilation google doc still around?

Hey June squad! Just popping back in with an update - I just got accepted to my #1 choice! Couldn't have done it without you all helping me through the MCAT prep process :)

Hope everyone's doing well!

Reactions: 6 users
Hey June squad! Just popping back in with an update - I just got accepted to my #1 choice! Couldn't have done it without you all helping me through the MCAT prep process :)

Hope everyone's doing well!

Congrats!

Rejected at one school, waiting to hear back from my other interview. :depressed:

Hey- just some tips from a medical student: exercise (especially working out rigorously) not only is good for your physical health, but it also increases mental disapline (so that you can make it through all of those practice questions lol)
Hey TraumaBlonde! I tried to DM you but for some odd reason, SDN won't let me. Is there anyway I can contact you directly in regards to some concerns about my upcoming MCAT (it's in 3 weeks)? Please and thank you in advance!