***Official LSU Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

I'm an IS reapplicant and my interview is August 14th. I got my email July 15th. Hang in there guys!!!
Awesome! Good luck!!! And let us know how it goes ;)

Does anybody know how many rounds of interviews LSU does?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
But how many groups? Like, how many times do they do interviews? 2, 3? and then December comes and pow! Lol...
Probably 10-12 groups. They interview around 130 people.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

But how many groups? Like, how many times do they do interviews? 2, 3? and then December comes and pow! Lol...

Oh..so like how many times do they interview someone? Is that what you're asking? In that case, just once

Probably 10-12 groups. They interview around 130 people.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

This is what I was wondering... So, there's still hope cause it's still early in the game... Lol... Thanks!

Oh..so like how many times do they interview someone? Is that what you're asking? In that case, just once

No, I was wondering what THS actually answered ;) Thanks!

For those that interviewed, can you give us some tips or tell us how it went? I have my interview August 21st!

Check your portal to see if it says "Invited for Interview", if it does and you haven't received an email then you should check your spam.

Check your portal to see if it says "Invited for Interview", if it does and you haven't received an email then you should check your spam.

It doesn't :( i literally check every hour. I'm such a sad, obsessive soul lol

Hey everyone! I'm so happy I found this thread. I have an interview August 21, which is next week already. Can anyone who has been interviewed this round give me any tips? This is my first time applying and first time being interviewed. I'm super nervous and anything would help. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
A friend told me he thought he remembered Dr. Chermaie telling him they pull a large batch August 20th (roughly). I certainly hope that's true!

A friend told me he thought he remembered Dr. Chermaie telling him they pull a large batch August 20th (roughly). I certainly hope that's true!

Oh man..that's utterly terrifying and exciting to hear all at the same time! Thanks for letting us know!

Looks like I'll be refreshing my email every minute during the next 24 hours! Lol!!!!!!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
Crossing fingers that this info is true and we all get interview invites! :xf: Let's keep carving the chalks!!!! Good luck everyone!!!! :luck::luck::luck:

Same here! When I saw a post on the alerts I thought someone got an interview invite! My heart skipped a beat for a moment!!! :lol::lol: Is it always this quite? Or just this year? Seeing all these other universities sending invites makes me wonder if LSU is sending and the people getting them aren't members here or they are really evaluating the apps to the T and that's why it's taking long to actually send invites :pompous:

Same here! When I saw a post on the alerts I thought someone got an interview invite! My heart skipped a beat for a moment!!! :lol::lol: Is it always this quite? Or just this year? Seeing all these other universities sending invites makes me wonder if LSU is sending and the people getting them aren't members here or they are really evaluating the apps to the T and that's why it's taking long to actually send invites :pompous:

you have my exact thoughts...Iol. I don't think it's ever been this quiet in the past. We're going to have to stay busy so we don't go crazy..or at least I need to

you have my exact thoughts...Iol. I don't think it's ever been this quiet in the past. We're going to have to stay busy so we don't go crazy..or at least I need to
I'm trying to stay busy with school but I still keep remembering about this thread and harass it every so often... :lol::lol:If at least people would post something I'd feel better. Lol... Even if I'm not invited for an interview... It's just the not knowing what's going on what keeps me checking here... Lol... :p Hopefully we hear something/anything soon... :xf:

when I interviewed on the 21st, they said that they were going through another batch of applications that day.

Reactions: 1 users
I'll have to wait til December to find out how I did! The people at LSU is great though! Interviewers made you feel very relax and the interview went by very quickly.

I'll have to wait til December to find out how I did! The people at LSU is great though! Interviewers made you feel very relax and the interview went by very quickly.
Yeah, December 1st is when everyone who interviewed will be refreshing email pages to find out their future... Lol... But I'm sure that if you enjoyed it like it seems you did by your post, you'll be fine ;) Goodson luck!!!

I wouldn't worry too much yet about not getting an interview invite. Most of the interviews occur in August and October. I think LSU typically only does one interview during the month of September (they usually do 8-9 interview groups with 12 people per group), so there are usually 3-4 interviews left during the month of October. I think this year, the last interview is on October 23. LSU typically only contacts people about 3 weeks in advance to their interview, I think this is to try and give everyone a fair shot/equal playing field at preparing for the chalk carving. So I would expect the last interview invites to go out around the last week of September or first week of October. I would expect that starting either next week or the following week there should be interview invites pretty much sent out weekly until the 1st of October.

Last tip I would give people is if you didn't score at least a 20 on the DAT or higher then I would highly recommend you try and retake it, bc this years incoming freshman D1 class average was a 21 DAT score. The biggest thing though ultimately is to just be yourself and not stress too much. If for whatever reason you don't get in this year then its not the end of the world, and it in a lot of ways can actually be good for you if your direct your thoughts and energy in the right ways. This is where I would just take some time to work on developing yourself as a person and as a professional. Good Luck everyone!

If you received a supplemental was it an email, and you completed it all online? Or did you receive it in the mail, and completed it by mailing it back?

If you received a supplemental was it an email, and you completed it all online? Or did you receive it in the mail, and completed it by mailing it back?

I received mine via email and had to complete it by mailing it back

This is too quiet... Lol!!! Does anyone know anything? Is it confirmed that October 23rd will be the last interview date? If so, there's still hope... If not, it's game over... +pity+

This is too quiet... Lol!!! Does anyone know anything? Is it confirmed that October 23rd will be the last interview date? If so, there's still hope... If not, it's game over... +pity+

I haven't heard anything from the school directly but I did hear that a friend of a friend of mine had her interview last week. And she said that her guy friend got an interview invite the last week of August. That's the last thing I've heard :/

But yeah..I feel ya. This silence is making me super anxious

So we know they have completed some interviews, but not sure if they are done? This wait is killer. I just want to know

Got the e-mail saying everything was complete and paid for on 8/20 but have not heard a single thing from them since then. My check was cashed about two weeks ago, but it seems super quiet on here too. Anyone in a similar spot?

Got the email this morning: interview October 16th!

I got my interview invitation yesterday! October 16th as well. Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Thanks! I'm an IS reapplicant.
That's super cool! Good luck!!!
The rest of us have one more week to hope for a phone call cause they stop interviewing October 23rd and, as far as I know, they call like a month in advance so... Good luck everyone!!!!:xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

That's super cool! Good luck!!!
The rest of us have one more week to hope for a phone call cause they stop interviewing October 23rd and, as far as I know, they call like a month in advance so... Good luck everyone!!!!:xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

Wow thats depressing since I haven't even gotten the supplemental lol

Has anyone heard anything today?!!! I'm in official panic mode!

Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything today?!!! I'm in official panic mode!
Chill! :slap:(Easier said than done cause I'm in the same boat lol) I'm actually more in deflate mode rather than panic mode... Lol... :p
Haven't heard anything from them YET. :smack: Rumor has it this is the last week that they send invites but nothing is confirmed. We just have to keep waiting... :corny: Patiently... :wideyed:If that's possible... :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

Chill! :slap:(Easier said than done cause I'm in the same boat lol) I'm actually more in deflate mode rather than panic mode... Lol... :p
Haven't heard anything from them YET. :smack: Rumor has it this is the last week that they send invites but nothing is confirmed. We just have to keep waiting... :corny: Patiently... :wideyed:If that's possible... :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

Lol I've been checking SDN, AADSAS, & my emails like a neurotic person...MUST STOPP! I hope we hear some positive news soon though!!!!

Lol I've been checking SDN, AADSAS, & my emails like a neurotic person...MUST STOPP! I hope we hear some positive news soon though!!!!
Same here! Lol! Include checking junk mail there! Lol... That's where I got the email invite from one of the schools I applied to...
Crossing fingers to hear from them soon! :xf: :highfive: