***Official LSU Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

JxP

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Couldn't find a thread for LSU so I hope I'm doing this right.

Has everyone got their supplemental app from LSU?

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck to everyone applying to LSU this cycle. I'm a current D3, please let me know if you have any questions about the school.

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck to everyone applying to LSU this cycle. I'm a current D3, please let me know if you have any questions about the school.

Thanks for the response! I have a friend graduating, and another starting this year over at LSU. I can't wait to get in myself (hopefully!)

Members don't see this ad :)
I am an OOS from Arkansas and I have an interview scheduled for August 11th. Any advice for interview day? @THS

I am an OOS from Arkansas and I have an interview scheduled for August 11th. Any advice for interview day? @THS
Just be yourself. Everyone here is friendly and the atmosphere is actually really fun and relaxed once the day starts. Don't try to memorize anything to say during the interview, just have a general sense of why you want to be a dentist, why you want to go to LSU (such as starting clinic during 2nd year - I would spend a lot of time on the website and learn as much as you can about the school). Have a few questions ready to ask the interviewers.

I guess most of all, don't be nervous. And if you are nervous, just "fake it till you make it". Act confident and you'll be confident.

Good luck!

Hi everyone .. I'm applying to LSU too but I just submitted my application.
Good luck to you all

Got an interview Aug 19th :)

Update: After two weeks it seems like every surface in my apartment is covered in chalk dust. :lame:

Reactions: 1 users
Great.. When did you submit application? and How long it took to send you supplemental app?

Congrats! What were your stats?

I sent in my supplemental app July 6th and sent it on the 9th.

My stats are:
20 TS 21 AA, nothing below 17

Update: After two weeks it seems like every surface in my apartment is covered in chalk dust. :lame:

I have a bunch ready to practice. Looking forward to using the actual ruler they use though so im more used to it.

I sent in my supplemental app July 6th and sent it on the 9th.

My stats are:
20 TS 21 AA, nothing below 17

I have a bunch ready to practice. Looking forward to using the actual ruler they use though so im more used to it.
Are you IS or OOS? I heard they interview OOS first, not sure if that is true

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on the interviews!! How long after "Application Fee Received" email did you guys get a supplemental app? Thank you!

Hey everyone. I sent my application on the day it opened and received my supplemental 7/5. Hoping to hear back from them for an interview. Good luck!!

Congrats on the interviews!! How long after "Application Fee Received" email did you guys get a supplemental app? Thank you!
I tracked my fee application check and saw that it's been delivered but they didn't send me email saying that they received my check! should I call them?

I tracked my fee application check and saw that it's been delivered but they didn't send me email saying that they received my check! should I call them?

Don't worry. I just checked my dates for you: July 7 they received my check, July 8 I received "Application Verified No Fee" email, knowing how busy admissions office is during this time I didn't email them about my check being already sent. July 11 I received "Application Fee Received" email. Not sure what date you sent yours, but I would be patient with them. Hope my information helped!

Don't worry. I just checked my dates for you: July 7 they received my check, July 8 I received "Application Verified No Fee" email, knowing how busy admissions office is during this time I didn't email them about my check being already sent. July 11 I received "Application Fee Received" email. Not sure what date you sent yours, but I would be patient with them. Hope my information helped!
That was helful. Thank you. The recieved mine on Wednesday late afternoon. Hopefully they will send something soon

I have an interview on August 12. I am carving chalk, but it has been a little nerve wracking. Any advice?

How many people were in your interview group?

Any advice on the chalk carving? My interview is August 12
I guess just practice a lot. That's the best thing you can do.
The knife will be sharper than you expect. You can use the back of the knife to smooth out the rounded end. Don't cut out the notch in the middle until the very end, to prevent it from breaking. However, if the chalk breaks, that doesn't mean you failed.

Hey everyone! Does anyone know or have an idea on how many people get INTERVIEWS for LSU every year?

Hey, everyone my interview is coming up Friday and I was curious if anyone had some suggestions for questions to ask during the process. Thanks!

How is the flooding in NOLA right now? It has been flooding everywhere so far so I am curious.

I'm in Lafayette and the flooding was really bad :(

I submitted my application about 2 weeks ago and I'm OOS. Do they send interviews out now only for in state? And on the tracking page, it tells you that they receive the money, right? (Lol the magic charm for the schools to even notice you)

They should notify you through email that they received payment. I believe both IS and OOS were invited to interviews already (don't take my word for it, but basing it on previous cycle threads).

How soon after they received your supplemental application did some of you get notified to interview? Also, do they usually interview you if you received the supplemental application?

Last edited:
How soon after they received your supplemental application did some of you get notified to interview? Also, do they usually interview you if you received the supplemental application?

Took almost a month for me to get notified for my interview

Took almost a month for me to get notified for my interview
Thanks JxP! Do you happen to know about how many get interviewed (percentage) out of the ones that receive supplemental? Thanks so much!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile

Thanks JxP! Do you happen to know about how many get interviewed (percentage) out of the ones that receive supplemental? Thanks so much!

That, I have absolutely no clue. Sorry :(

Interview was really enjoyable..time for the long wait.

Does anyone know how many rounds of interviews have been completed so far?

Does anyone know how many rounds of interviews have been completed so far?
I called the school and spoke with admissions last week and they said they would be interviewing till about mid October, but I do not know how many rounds of interviews so far. I know in previous years, from the other threads, they start interviewing as early as that first week in August and have gone as late as the last week in October with interviews.

Pretty sure I was in the second round. 2 on 1 was okay, just be prepared like any other interview and you'll be fine.

Any new interviews or updates? Stats of people with interviews?

@YoungC I had my interview in August but here are my stats
School: LSU
Notification date: 7/15/2016
Method of notification: Email
Residency: AR
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/1/2016
Application complete date: Submitted 6/25/16, Verified 6/30/2016
Supplemental: 7/7/2016
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.6 oGPA: 3.68
DAT: 22AA/21TS/23PAT/24RC/none below 17

@YoungC I had my interview in August as well

Notification date: 7/8/2016
Residency: LA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24/2016
Application complete date: Submitted 6/11/16
Supplemental: 6/27/2016
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: ~3.4 oGPA: ~3.3
DAT: 21AA/nothing below a 19

Best of luck to everyone~

Last edited:
What do you think the chances are for an In State applicant to be accepted? They only interview 95 people at the most and they have at LEAST 56 spots for In-States with 5 for Ark and 4 for Out of state.

School: Xavier
Notification date: 7/12/2016
Residency: LA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24/2016
Application complete date: Submitted 6/07\2016
Supplemental: 6/17\2016
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: ~3.8 GPA : ~ 3.6
DAT: 20 AA

I think your chances are good if you've already received an interview with those stats.