**Official Maryland Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my supplemental earlier today! Application was received 7/8

Members don't see this ad.

for the "Please explain any academic difficulties you have had" are they asking why i did bad in some semesters?

Also should i put it again if i already put it on my Personal Statement?

Members don't see this ad :)
For people who got the application on hold email, did you ever get an email saying that you were being reviewed? I got the hold for DAT email 6/27, and they got my DAT last Monday as per AADSAS, haven't heard anything from MD.

For people who got the application on hold email, did you ever get an email saying that you were being reviewed? I got the hold for DAT email 6/27, and they got my DAT last Monday as per AADSAS, haven't heard anything from MD.

I was in the exact same position l. I sent them an email on Sunday saying my scores finally uploaded and they responded this morning that my application was forwarded!

For, Briefly describe why you want to join the profession of dentistry isn't this like the personal statement? I'm not sure how to write it differently than what I wrote in my personal statement. Should I think of other reasons why I want to do dentistry or can I use my ideas from the personal statement?

For, Briefly describe why you want to join the profession of dentistry isn't this like the personal statement? I'm not sure how to write it differently than what I wrote in my personal statement. Should I think of other reasons why I want to do dentistry or can I use my ideas from the personal statement?
I think this one has a 1000 character limit unlike the 4500 for the PS. I'd try to be concise and just reiterate the main points of your PS, just in different words.

Reactions: 1 user
I was in the exact same position l. I sent them an email on Sunday saying my scores finally uploaded and they responded this morning that my application was forwarded!
Did you get a supplemental yet? Sorry for being nosy

nope, not yet. They had my application since beginning of July but my dat scores didn't officially upload until the 14th. I figured I should get the supplement sometime this week

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

It depends how you wrote your personal statement. In my personal statement, I did not include every reason why I wanted to do dentistry because my personal statement would have been all over the place. For example, I did not talk about my passion for teaching in my personal statement. I would love to teach dentistry in the future, so I figured the supplement was a great time to stand out. My advice, try to use the supplement as an extension of your application instead of a summary.

Members don't see this ad :)
In the supplement, for schools attended, did you list the exact dates (ie mm/dd/yyyy - mm/dd/yyyy) or just month/semester and year (ie May 2014)?

In the supplement, for schools attended, did you list the exact dates (ie mm/dd/yyyy - mm/dd/yyyy) or just month/semester and year (ie May 2014)?
Can't imagine exact dates are necessary. Just write the months.

Finally received the supplement, I was one of those people who had their application on hold and got it resolved.

How long are yall making your essays? I know 2 are a max of 1000 characters, but the rest are unlimited. I don't want to come up short but I'd rather not write a novel if I don't have to.

How long are yall making your essays? I know 2 are a max of 1000 characters, but the rest are unlimited. I don't want to come up short but I'd rather not write a novel if I don't have to.
Adcoms prob don't want to read a novel responses should be concise and to the point

Got the supplement today! Happened right after my committee submitted their letter. Maryland was right on top of that.

Last edited:
Tell me why I feel like this whenever someone says they received a supplemental

69552062.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
What is a good timeframe for submitting the supplemental? I'm aiming to get it submitted within 1 week but just wanted to double check to be safe.

i received my supplemental. International student

GPA ~3.9 dat 23

received the supplement today! oos

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

-deleted-

Last edited:
Good luck to all!

Last edited:
Got my supps on the 15th and submitted it yesterday night when I finally had time at 2 in the morning lol.

Working two jobs over the gap year lmao.
My stats are in my sig and I'm OOS.

It took a couple weeks after having everything submitted, but I received my supplemental a few days ago and just submitted today. It was pretty lengthy, not gonna lie. I am OOS. Good luck everyone!

It took a couple weeks after having everything submitted, but I received my supplemental a few days ago and just submitted today. It was pretty lengthy, not gonna lie. I am OOS. Good luck everyone!

Obligatory stats request.

Got my supplemental today! :)
OOS: 24 AA, 22 TS, 3.76 oGPA, 3.66 sGPA. It took over two weeks from the date my GPAs were verified, so don't lose hope!! We got this fam!!

I still have not got my suplemental application yet!
I think it is because my LOR only came in after they processed my application. Super annoying.

Hi everyone! I stopped in to read this year's thread and I wanted to let you guys know to not despair if you have not yet received a supplemental. I received my supplemental about a month and half after my application was submitted and one of my friends who will be starting with me in August didn't receive his until about three months after his application was submitted. I received an interview invite a month after I submitted my supplemental for the first week of December and my friend received an invite to interview about two weeks after he submitted in his supplemental for early January. It is different for everyone but the general school of thought is that supplemental=interview.

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Hi everyone! I stopped in to read this year's thread and I wanted to let you guys know to not despair if you have not yet received a supplemental. I received my supplemental about a month and half after my application was submitted and one of my friends who will be starting with me in August didn't receive his until about three months after his application was submitted. I received an interview invite a month after I submitted my supplemental for the first week of December and my friend received an invite to interview about two weeks after he submitted in his supplemental for early January. It is different for everyone but the general school of thought is that supplemental=interview.

Good luck everyone!
giphy.gif

Reactions: 3 users
Received my supplemental yesterday!
Ill be filling it out today and waiting anxiously for my interview invite!

Status
Not open for further replies.