**Official Maryland Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats! :) When was your mail out date and when was your app complete/ under review?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
sent you a pm!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I sent out my 2nd app on 8/17/2016, still haven't heard about any interview yet. Is this normal? Or should I ask them if something happens (if they are ok with me asking)?

I sent out my 2nd app on 8/17/2016, still haven't heard about any interview yet. Is this normal? Or should I ask them if something happens (if they are ok with me asking)?

You mean your supplemental? I sent my supplemental on 8/17 too and haven't heard anything yet

Just got an interview today! Scheduled on Nov.15.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an interview invite - been refreshing my inbox nonstop since submitting the secondary on the 19th in hopes of getting this one :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Huh I guess I can consider that a soft rejection by Maryland then. Submitted supplemental on August 17th

Submitted mine early August before you. 25AA and 3.73 gpa......haven't heard anything.

Dont lose hope guys! I also submitted secondary 8/17. Maybe the admissions officer for our files are slower than the rest. Still lots of time left in this cycle. Im 3.61 sci, 3.7 bcp, 22AA also

You mean your supplemental? I sent my supplemental on 8/17 too and haven't heard anything yet
Yeah, I submitted my supp on 8/17, I'm international student, idk if it's the reason they push me behind the schedule a bit. Been checking spam mail also lol

Last edited:
Yeah, I submit my supp 8/17, I'm international student, idk if it's the reason they push me behind the schedule a bit. Been checking spam mail also lol
Im also international from Canada. Hopefully we hear back this week

Excited for an interview here!

Last edited:
I haven't gotten anything either so let's not lose all hope yet.

When did you submit the secondary? I really want an interview here cus my sister is a current second year med student at UMB, would be great to join her

When did you submit the secondary? I really want an interview here cus my sister is a current second year med student at UMB, would be great to join her

Late July, and unfortunately I'm OOS.

Anyone that applied to August get an invite yet?

My application got sent in for review on 8/31 without a supplemental :scared: and I am kind of nervous. Does that mean I will get rejected?

any in-staters who applied before August with no invite?

Also submitted supplemental application on August 30 and still haven't heard back. People who submitted their supplemental just 3 weeks ago already got interview invites... :bang:

Has anyone contacted Maryland? They seem to discourage calling them, but I keep fearing that somehow my supplemental didn't go through

Has anyone contacted Maryland? They seem to discourage calling them, but I keep fearing that somehow my supplemental didn't go through

Even if they discourage calling, it doesn't hurt your chances of getting in. So if you're really concerned I would say to just call and try to be friendly over the phone. Either way, best of luck!!

I will probably email them in a day or two.
Do you NEED to be sent the supplement to still be considered? Are those of us who haven't received one out of the running?

Do you NEED to be sent the supplement to still be considered? Are those of us who haven't received one out of the running?

You need to fill out the supplement to receive an invite, but according to last year people got the supplement up until the end of January or so.

You need the supplement to receive an interview. I just hope nothing happened when I submitted my supplement through their portal, lol.

What if your application got sent in for review without a supplement?

Ok so I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I received my invitation to interview back in August for tomorrow, and I have no recollection of whether or not I called to confirm the interview. I was wondering if they send any follow up emails after you call to confirm because I have not gotten any? If anyone could answer quickly they'd be saving me a flight to Maryland or be relieving a lot of stress. Thanks!

Ok so I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I received my invitation to interview back in August for tomorrow, and I have no recollection of whether or not I called to confirm the interview. I was wondering if they send any follow up emails after you call to confirm because I have not gotten any? If anyone could answer quickly they'd be saving me a flight to Maryland or be relieving a lot of stress. Thanks!
There was no preceding email besides the initial invitational notice. You can check your call history, hoping you made one from a smart phone.

There was no preceding email besides the initial invitational notice. You can check your call history, hoping you made one from a smart phone.
thanks for letting me know! Well the problem with iphones is they only show your last 100 calls, but what I just realized was that if you delete calls from your history older calls appear, so I was able to go back and see that I had called. thank you.

Anyone get an invite recently? I submitted my secondary 8/17 and this wait is killing me

Reactions: 3 users
I was just wondering.... for UMD dental school how important is your interview?

So far, I have had 3 interviews (including Maryland), but I think my Maryland interview was the worst one... :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.