**Official Maryland Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering.... for UMD dental school how important is your interview?

So far, I have had 3 interviews (including Maryland), but I think my Maryland interview was the worst one... :-(
Do you have any more interviews coming up?

Members don't see this ad.

I was just wondering.... for UMD dental school how important is your interview?

So far, I have had 3 interviews (including Maryland), but I think my Maryland interview was the worst one... :-(

I think the interview holds a lot of weight with them. My friend who applied a couple cycles ago had a terrible interview with one of the faculty and didn't get accepted. I don't mean to knock your hopes down but MD is cutthroat when it comes to interviews, so maybe yours wasn't so bad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope. I do not have anything scheduled yet.

Maybe it is just your impression that things didn't go so well? Perhaps interviewers thought it went well?

Im also international from Canada. Hopefully we hear back this week
This is a bit delayed, was scrolling through the feed and thought I would add I am also from Canada and was in the first interview group at Maryland.
Rooting for all my Canadian friends ! :)

Reactions: 1 user
still haven't heard back from them even though i filled out my secondary in late july. i've gotten interviews at columbia and pacific so i've got no idea what maryland had against me lol... even the primary dentist I shadowed went to maryland and I listed her as a Maryland dental school alumni

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anybody received an interview without fulfilling their LOR requirements?
I did not have a letter from a biology department faculty (I received from 2 chemistry department faculties), so I was wondering if I should give up hopes. Thank you in advance! Good luck everyone :)

still haven't heard back from them even though i filled out my secondary in late july. i've gotten interviews at columbia and pacific so i've got no idea what maryland had against me lol... even the primary dentist I shadowed went to maryland and I listed her as a Maryland dental school alumni

If it helps, I think my stats are pretty good and I have a rec letter from a faculty in Maryland (also in state). Submitted supp early-mid august and haven't heard back, yet! Hang in there

Has anybody received an interview without fulfilling their LOR requirements?
I did not have a letter from a biology department faculty (I received from 2 chemistry department faculties), so I was wondering if I should give up hopes. Thank you in advance! Good luck everyone :)

Did you receive a supp?

Yes, 3 days after I submitted my AADSAS application

Not every applicant gets a supp.

They would not send you a supp unless they considered your AADSAS to be complete and were interested in doing further review. Therefore, since they did send you one, I think you're fine with your LoRs.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know there have been some posts for those that have already been to the interview, but mine is next week and wondering if anyone has last minute advice? This is my first and only interview so far and my #1 choice so I'm extremely nervous. I've heard mixed reviews about how laid back it is. Mainly my concern are the types of questions they ask or if it is more like a conversation.
Thanks!

Anyone else who submitted a supplemental in August still not have an interview? Starting to think this is a bad sign...

Reactions: 5 users
I know there have been some posts for those that have already been to the interview, but mine is next week and wondering if anyone has last minute advice? This is my first and only interview so far and my #1 choice so I'm extremely nervous. I've heard mixed reviews about how laid back it is. Mainly my concern are the types of questions they ask or if it is more like a conversation.
Thanks!
The interview was relaxed for the most part. The admissions officer straight out tells everyone there that it should be a relax interview and they aren't suppose to interrogate you. My two interviewers asked me questions of course, but we were also able to fit in convos here and there.

I thought most people who get a supplemental get an interview? I got a supplemental way back in August but no interview :(

Relax I got one in July and no interview either. Had a couple of friends who had it early July and none as well. Probably relegated to post Dec. Interviews

Anyone know stats on # of people who get interviews vs. # of people who get acceptances?

Anyone know stats on # of people who get interviews vs. # of people who get acceptances?

Entering class of 2014 data:
IS: 253 applicants, 152 interviews (60%), 84 acceptances (33%), 70 enrolled (28%)
OOS: 2,240 applicants, 333 interviews (15%), 222 acceptances (10%), 56 enrolled (3%)

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone look into whether Maryland sends out any invites in November or December in previous years?

For the people interviewing Wednesday, what time is it? Had my date moved and never confirmed it the time was the same as before.

Entering class of 2014 data:
IS: 253 applicants, 152 interviews (60%), 84 acceptances (33%), 70 enrolled (28%)
OOS: 2,240 applicants, 333 interviews (15%), 222 acceptances (10%), 56 enrolled (3%)
Are IS and OOS students looked at separately do you know?

Seems like everyone with supplemental and invite interviewed before December 1st. Possibly post December is when you'll hear from them. Best of luck!

Anyone go under review today? I have interviewed before
I've gone from "invited for interview" to "under review" and my interview was almost 2 months ago. Not sure what that means (none of my other schools changed like that)...

Had my interview last month and it changed to 'under review' today. Positive sign?
My understanding is that schools decide on you pretty much right after interviewing you (obviously they don't remember you 2 months later). So not sure what this can signify. I'd say it's probably nothing.

I've gone from "invited for interview" to "under review" and my interview was almost 2 months ago. Not sure what that means (none of my other schools changed like that)...
Same here just realized mine changed last week too. It probably means absolutely nothing just that they are finally updating the portal but fingers crossed it is a good sign! Sending out good luck vibes to everyone no matter where you are in the process!

I submitted my supplemental in July and FINALLY got an interview invite! I had almost given up hope! Scheduled for early January

Reactions: 6 users
Same here. Got an interview invite email.

Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.