*** Official Meharry Medical College School of Dentistry c/o 2021***

Dentista777

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could not find a thread for Meharry Dental so I started one :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
How far through the cycle do interviews usually start?

Members don't see this ad :)
On AADSAS, for Meharry it says "Received/Application Complete" even though I haven't turned in my supplemental or my application fee... Any of you guys have the same issue?

On AADSAS, for Meharry it says "Received/Application Complete" even though I haven't turned in my supplemental or my application fee... Any of you guys have the same issue?
Yup, same situation

Reactions: 1 user
My status says received/waiting for addition information even though I submitted my secondary application August 1st.

Last edited:
They are in September if I'm not mistaken.

Does anyone's AADSAS portal say "received/waiting for additional information" after you submitted the secondary? I submitted my secondary last week and Meharry should have everything of mine but my AADSAS portal has not changed to "Complete".

Mine says "received/under review" I submitted my 2ndary 8/8/16, I don't remember what it said before that

Anyone here with GPAS right under 3.0, what are your DAT;s? Chance of acceptance or even interview with these stats?

Expect interviews to start around October. They also run very late -until around April. Most of my class seems to have been accepted after January.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a quick question. Today I received an interview invite for September 30, but this date conflicts with another interview. I already committed to the other school's invite a few weeks ago and purchased a plane ticket. Should I be 100% honest with Meharry's admissions board about the reason I can't make their date? Does anyone know if they allow rescheduling?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I have a quick question. Today I received an interview invite for September 30, but this date conflicts with another interview. I already committed to the other school's invite a few weeks ago and purchased a plane ticket. Should I be 100% honest with Meharry's admissions board about the reason I can't make their date? Does anyone know if they allow rescheduling?

I feel like you should be 100% honest about the interview you scheduled first and ask if there is another available date.

I think you should be honest as well. It's early in the application cycle so they probably can give you another date.

Congrats! I agree, you should just be honest, I'm sure they will be more than willing to reschedule your interview.

Has anyone else heard back from Meharry?

Congrats! I agree, you should just be honest, I'm sure they will be more than willing to reschedule your interview.

Has anyone else heard back from Meharry?
Nothing yet! But I'm out of state, so maybe in state students have already

Nothing yet! But I'm out of state, so maybe in state students have already

Yeah I'm super OOS (WI) lol but hopefully we'll hear something soon!

Stats anyone mind sharing?
Sure I'll start it off
Informal Post Bacc Neuroscience currently
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/26
Application complete date: e-submitted 7/19
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 2.98 oGPA 3.15
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/19/24/None

Stats anyone mind sharing?

Graduated with ChemE in May
Residency: GA
AADSAS submitted: 7/18
Mail-out: 8/4
Gpa (science, overall): 3.08, 3.05
AA/TS/PAT/Under 17: 23/24/19/none
Interview: 10/14

Graduated with Biology in May, process of applying for 1 year Masters in Molecular Biology
Residency: MD
AADSAS submitted: 6/5
Mail out: 6/24
GPA (Science, Overall): 2.54, 2.96
DAT (AA/TS/PAT): 19/19/19
Interviews: Obviously none

Hey guys! I interviewed at Meharry today and it went well! If you're interested, they said my group was the first interviewed group of the cycle. Good luck y'all! Lmk if you have any questions

Graduated: May 2015 with Nutrition degree

AADSAS submitted: 6/29

Mail out : 7/21

GPA (science, overal): 2.98, 3.19

AA/TS/PAT/under 17: 21/24/20/QR14

Interview invite notification date: 9/7

Interview date: today (9/30)

Whoops I also had a post-bacc GPA of 3.78 if that helps? Lol

How many post bacc credits did you take if you don't mind me asking?

I had 23 post bacc credit hrs!
I'll just tell you what I took lol
Histology, Cell bio, Human anatomy, environmental bio, biochem II, immunology, and a bunch of physics/biology labs. So basically all the recommended courses from each dental school website. Hope that helped!

Histology, Cell bio, Human anatomy, environmental bio, biochem II, immunology, and a bunch of physics/biology labs. So basically all the recommended courses from each dental school website. Hope that helped!

Great, thanks! Hope your interview went well.

Hey! Congrats on your interview! I bet you nailed it! I have a question about your post bac classes...did you take them through a program of any sort or just took classes. I'm considering taking classes but don't know which route to go (just taking classes or master's program).

Thanks in advance!

Hey! Congrats on your interview! I bet you nailed it! I have a question about your post bac classes...did you take them through a program of any sort or just took classes. I'm considering taking classes but don't know which route to go (just taking classes or master's program).

Thanks in advance!

Hey! Thank you! I did informal post bacc. So I just took recommended courses that were listed on each dental school website.
From what I've heard from admissions panels, post bacc work is just as competitive as grad school work if you do really well in it. So a 4.0 post bacc is better than a 3.2 grad school GPA (from what I've heard). And post bacc is WAYYY cheaper haha

Hey guys! I interviewed at Meharry today and it went well! If you're interested, they said my group was the first interviewed group of the cycle. Good luck y'all! Lmk if you have any questions

Graduated: May 2015 with Nutrition degree

AADSAS submitted: 6/29

Mail out : 7/21

GPA (science, overal): 2.98, 3.19

AA/TS/PAT/under 17: 21/24/20/QR14

Interview invite notification date: 9/7

Interview date: today (9/30)

How long was the interview? Was it one person or a group? I hope you did well!!

How long was the interview? Was it one person or a group? I hope you did well!!

Thank you! I believe we had 20 minutes per one-on-one interview, but my first one went over by like 10 mins lol I think they really liked me so hopefully I get an acceptance! There were 2 interviews total. I interviewed with Dr. Gray (SUPER personable and friendly) and Ms. Thompson (very nice but a bit more professional).

Interview invite, October 28

Hey, interview oct 28. Those who interview this day should like, stay after... we should all see the city after, since its a friday

Anyone that applied to August get an invite yet?

Hey, interview oct 28. Those who interview this day should like, stay after... we should all see the city after, since its a friday
Good idea but work calls lol

How long does the interview processing last? I mean does it last until February or March?

Wow, this thread is finally poppin

Rejected today no interview. Good luck to you all still in it.

I'm sorry! You will get into a school though!! Any chance you wouldn't mind sharing your stats?
Well idk about this year. Maybe next year after more post bacc.
Not URM

I received the same email ): I wish being middle eastern counted as URM)): I really love TN!

Not URM
I received the same email ): I wish being middle eastern counted )): I really love TN!

Did you guys receive supplementals from Meharry?

Did you guys receive supplementals from Meharry?
everyone receives supplementals. they don't process your application further unless you complete the supplemental application and pay $65, that's what is written in an email after they receive your AADSAS

Not URM
How about your extracurriculars? That may be the problem because your DAT scores are good.