***Official Midwestern-Arizona Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
does midwestern send out interview invites over email or do you have to keep checking your portal with them to see if you can schedule an interview?
UPDATE: received interview invite via portal

Members don't see this ad.

First interview!

School: Midwestern (Arizona)
Notification date: 7/12/2016
Method of notification: Portal
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/1/16
Application complete date: Submitted 6/03/16
Secondary complete date: 6/30/16
GPA (science, overall) BCP: 3.31 sGPA: 3.28 oGPA: 3.41
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20AA/19TS/21PAT/23RC/none below 17

First invite!!!

School: Midwestern (AZ)
Notification date: 7/13/2016
Method of notification: Portal
Residency: TX
ADSAS mail-out date: 7/1/16
GPA verified: 6/23/16
Application complete date: 7/1/16
Secondary complete date: 7/4/16

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an invite

Notification date: 7/15/2016
Method of notification: email
Residency: NC
ADSAS mail-out date: 7/15/16
GPA verified: 7/7/16
Application complete date: 6/27/16
Secondary complete date: 7/12/16
GPA (science, overall): BCP 3.55, sGPA 3.42, oGPA 3.45
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26AA/26TS/23PAT/25RC

Got one here too.

Notification date: 7/14/2016
Method of notification: email and portal
Residency: MT
GPA verified: 7/12/16
Application complete date: 6/30/16
Secondary complete date: 7/12/16
GPA (science, overall): BCP 3.83, sGPA 3.60, oGPA 3.62
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24AA/24TS/21PAT/23RC

anyone else get this email?
Thank you for your application to the Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine (CDM). Your application is complete. However, you have indicated that you plan to retake the DAT, have fall coursework or your third letter of recommendation is outstanding.

We will hold your application for review pending receipt of new grades, test scores or letters. Once those are received, a final decision will be made by the Admissions Committee. Please send in your fall grades, test scores or letters to the AADSAS application service as soon as possible. CDM operates on a rolling admissions process; interview seats are offered on a first come, first served basis

My fall grades don't post till the end of December :(

Interview Invite
School:
Midwestern AZ
Notification date: 7/15/2016
Method of notification: Email/School online portal
Residency: UT
ADSAS mail-out date: 6/24/16 (Last LOR: submitted 7/8/2016 and mailed 7/15/2016)
GPA verified: 6/20/16
Application complete date: 6/10/16
Secondary complete date: 6/29/16
GPA (science, overall): With +/- Science3.49 Overall3.55
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/22/26/21/No

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
anyone else get this email?
Thank you for your application to the Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine (CDM). Your application is complete. However, you have indicated that you plan to retake the DAT, have fall coursework or your third letter of recommendation is outstanding.

We will hold your application for review pending receipt of new grades, test scores or letters. Once those are received, a final decision will be made by the Admissions Committee. Please send in your fall grades, test scores or letters to the AADSAS application service as soon as possible. CDM operates on a rolling admissions process; interview seats are offered on a first come, first served basis

My fall grades don't post till the end of December :(

Call them. I heard that's a typo. We all have fall grades lol. Are any of the other two situations(DAT or letter) applicable to you though? If not, then give them a call.

Call them. I heard that's a typo. We all have fall grades lol. Are any of the other two situations(DAT or letter) applicable to you though? If not, then give them a call.
Nope. I have finished everything else. Hopefully it's just a mistake on their end.

Just got my first waitlisted this morning from here. It hurts. Finished the supplemental on the 15th.

Has anyone heard from Midwestern - Illinois? Do they just take longer than Arizona?

First Invite! So happy. Does anyone know how many they invite to interview?

Notification date: 7/20/2016
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: MI
GPA verified: 7/7/16
Application complete date: 7/1/16
Secondary complete date: 7/18/16
GPA (science, overall): BCP 3.32, sGPA 3.19, oGPA 3.29
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20AA/20TS/19PAT/22RC/23BIO/no section below 17

Reactions: 3 users
I got an interview today too! As I log in to my portal to schedule my interview, I can only find 4 options: 2 Tuesdays and 2 Thursdays of October. So does MWU only do interviews on Tuesdays and Thursdays, or is it because all other days are full so I can't see them?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview today too! As I log in to my portal to schedule my interview, I can only find 4 options: 2 Tuesdays and 2 Thursdays of October. So does MWU only do interviews on Tuesdays and Thursdays, or is it because all other days are full so I can't see them?

Probably the latter because when I scheduled there was 1 Monday option

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yeah Monday was available this AM now it isn't. I'm kinda worried because these days don't really work for me since I work full-time as a DA. Hopefully my boss understands.

Yeah Monday was available this AM now it isn't. I'm kinda worried because these days don't really work for me since I work full-time as a DA. Hopefully my boss understands.
Sick days. I worked full time as a teacher last year and couldn't tell anyone that I was even applying, yet alone interviewing. Crazy how often I got food poisoning... ;)

What I like most about the school is how quick they are with processing applications. I submitted my supp on Sunday, 7/17 and got an interview invite Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning.

Also I am wondering if I'll have enough time to catch my flight if it leaves at 5:20? The email says that the day should conclude no later than 4:30 pm, but can I ask to be interviewed early so I can leave by 2:30 or 3pm at the latest?

What I like most about the school is how quick they are with processing applications. I submitted my supp on Sunday, 7/17 and got an interview invite Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning.

Also I am wondering if I'll have enough time to catch my flight if it leaves at 5:20? The email says that the day should conclude no later than 4:30 pm, but can I ask to be interviewed early so I can leave by 2:30 or 3pm at the latest?
If they follow the same format as last year, everyone interviews in the morning. The later part of the afternoon is the tour. It's kind of hard to break off from the tour because you take a bus over to the clinical side of things from where you all interview and keep your belongings. [removed]

EDIT: Just kidding! Just looked up my old boarding pass. My flight was at 4:05pm. A 5:30pm flight should be no issue then :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
Second Interview!! October 11th!

Any female who is interviewing on Oct 18 wants to split a room with me? I found a place on AirBnb that is less than 5 min from MWU campus.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

First interview! Turned in supplemental on 7/19

Edit: Does anyone know MWU is willing to hold on to my luggage during interviews?

Last edited:
Does anyone know MWU is willing to hold on to my luggage during interviews?

Yes they do. I just emailed them.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone have a link to any class stats? :)

Edit: nvm, page 1 :(

Don't mind me!!!

Last edited:
Rejected last night.
BCP: 3.3, Science GPA: 3.3, Non-science GPA: 3.9 and Overall GPA: 3.5
DAT: AA 18 (15 on QR) , TS 20 and PAT 18

yeah. I emailed them and they said my RC was 17 while they are looking for 19 and above

I will be interviewing on the 12th! Super excited..

If anyone decides to interview same day let me know and we can split a hotel room...
Hi how long did it take you to receive the interview notice they received your completed application?

Anybody interviewing on 9/12 that wants to split a room on the 11th?

Interview for the (edit) 18 of Oct!

Non-trad student so my stats only say so much:
oGPA: 3.16 / sGPA: 3.71 / BCP GPA: 3.75 / 20AA, 20TS, 21PAT, 25RC.
Experience as dental assistant.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone... It's always great knowing whether we will be accepted or not, we can occasionally be in large groups of like minded people to remind us we're not alone in feeling crazy with our endeavors. :highfive:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Hard rejection email a few days ago. I think I know why. Also, I got an interview invite from a different school. In any case, good luck to you all! :)

Why so fast?
I'm glad they reject us earlier rather than stringing us along for a ride and giving us false hope.

@JUSTaDentist I have very similar sGPA and BCP as yours. I personally emailed MWU-AZ, they are particularly strict about having much higher science and BCP GPA. They told me that personally in my case, the rest of my application was strong and they liked my PS and EC's but they were worried about my lackluster academic science grades. They were very nice about it.

I sent out my apps 6/30, they received it 7/15, and I sent out my supps 7/30. They rejected me on 8/5.

I have the same stats as @JUSTaDentist except my TS is a little lower and PAT is a 23. I don't know what I did wrong to get rejected, and I retook my DAT in mid July. Did they look at my old DAT score and instantly rejected me before my new one came in?
Is August late for submitting supplementals?

Anyone interviewing on 9/20??

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I just received an invite to interview this morning, and the only choice that was there was November 8th. Isn't it weird that Sept/Oct are already full? Is that what it means if there was only one choice?

I just received an invite to interview this morning, and the only choice that was there was November 8th. Isn't it weird that Sept/Oct are already full? Is that what it means if there was only one choice?

Yup, sounds like Sep and Oct are full.

I'm glad they reject us earlier rather than stringing us along for a ride and giving us false hope.

@JUSTaDentist I have very similar sGPA and BCP as yours. I personally emailed MWU-AZ, they are particularly strict about having much higher science and BCP GPA. They told me that personally in my case, the rest of my application was strong and they liked my PS and EC's but they were worried about my lackluster academic science grades. They were very nice about it.

Meaning, you have to have a much higher sGPA than what she posted? So they want someone with a sGPA of 3.5 and above?

Status
Not open for further replies.