******Official MWU-IL C/O 2015 acceptance thread****

pinhi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!! CONGRATS ON ALL OF YOUR ACCEPTANCES!!!
I am glad to say that we are all going to have a great 4 years together and I'm really excited to start school!!

Please let me know if you all have questions (ill try and help answer them if i can). I know there is a lot to do b4 classes start and people are probably going to be interested in looking for room mates (i know i am...) so let me know if ur interested in getting some people together to do so :)
Thanks and congrats again!!

Members don't see this ad.

Woooohoooo! Congrats all! Loved the school and the program and I think it's my top choice as of now.

Hey everyone! I am really excited about MWU, Its going to be a great 4 years. I am definitely going to be looking for a roommate as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
So excited! I loved the school and am think its going to be a great time :)

I'm so excited about the offer... Now I just have to enjoy my last semester here before re-locating to Midwestern

Hi Classmates! I'm excited about this school too :) Just finished the background check thingy for the school. Looks like next year i'll be taking extra classes to meet the pre-reqs. Are we allowed to take them at a community college? Again, can't wait to meet you guys!!! We made it!!!!

Hi Classmates! I'm excited about this school too :) Just finished the background check thingy for the school. Looks like next year i'll be taking extra classes to meet the pre-reqs. Are we allowed to take them at a community college? Again, can't wait to meet you guys!!! We made it!!!!
hey there!!
congrats!!....yeah u can take prereqs @ a CC...i took a bunch @ one and if ur already accepted then i dont think its that big a deal

Congrats everyone! I had a question. So we received that estimated budget rundown on interview day. It included a Technology (Laptop) Fee for 1500 bucks. My question is this...Do we have to buy a laptop through Midwestern? I wanted to buy a laptop now but there is no point if we have to buy one through Midwestern.

I checked the PHARM matriculation guidelines and this is what it says: Effective Fall 2010, matriculating students will be required to purchase a laptop through the University. The cost of the computer, software, license fees, and warranty will be charged to the student as a technology fee and will be included as part of his/her tuition fees.

Now I tried checking the Dental matriculation guidelines....and the page doesn't exist. So according to what the budget rundown says...we will have to buy a laptop through Midwestern correct?

THANKS! lol If this is true, I'll have to wait a year for a NEW laptop :(

Since you already get accepted, it doesn't matter if you take the prereqs at community college or not.

Last edited:
Congrats everyone! I had a question. So we received that estimated budget rundown on interview day. It included a Technology (Laptop) Fee for 1500 bucks. My question is this...Do we have to buy a laptop through Midwestern? I wanted to buy a laptop now but there is no point if we have to buy one through Midwestern.

I checked the PHARM matriculation guidelines and this is what it says: Effective Fall 2010, matriculating students will be required to purchase a laptop through the University. The cost of the computer, software, license fees, and warranty will be charged to the student as a technology fee and will be included as part of his/her tuition fees.

Now I tried checking the Dental matriculation guidelines....and the page doesn't exist. So according to what the budget rundown says...we will have to buy a laptop through Midwestern correct?

THANKS! lol If this is true, I'll have to wait a year for a NEW laptop :(
yeah...they're going to make u buy their computer....sorry :(

So who already decides to go to Midwestern IL?

what does everyone think about the housing the school offers? Is it worth it for first years?

what does everyone think about the housing the school offers? Is it worth it for first years?
I wish I had taken a look in the housing offered on campus. It seems like it would be pretty convenient for the first year and cut down on transportation costs. I would also like more information on this!

Members don't see this ad :)
for those of you who were accepted, I was wondering what you did to prepare for the interview. Any advice for someone interviewing at MWU-IL soon?

for those of you who were accepted, I was wondering what you did to prepare for the interview. Any advice for someone interviewing at MWU-IL soon?
i just matriculated!!!!....but i'll tell u this....there isnt really a good way to prepare for this interview....they even said that to us...."I hope u didnt prepare too much for this interview.....cuz there is no way you could have".......
people may have posted some of their questions at the top of the forum page tho
GOOD LUCK....be yourself and be honest

i didnt see the housing that they offer..but it'll probably be quite convenient....
Im hoping to find a couple of people who wanna go in on a house near campus tho.....
Pretty early to be planning this stuff tho.....but im interested!!

Thanks pinhi... and congrats on your acceptance!

Hey everyone, I got accepted December 1 and paid my deposit. Im from the area and am very excited to go to school at Midwestern. Has anyone set up a facebook group for accepted students to help discuss housing and other stuff?

Hey everyone, I got accepted December 1 and paid my deposit. Im from the area and am very excited to go to school at Midwestern. Has anyone set up a facebook group for accepted students to help discuss housing and other stuff?

I haven't seen a facebook group yet. I was also accepted 12/1 and have paid my deposit! :)

Congrats to everyone that has been accepted! I have an interview coming up for MWU-IL and I was wondering if any of you were willing to share what types of questions were asked to you all. There is no feedback in the interview section of this website. I was hoping that some of you that have gotten in would either post here what kinds of questions were presented to you or maybe fill out the survey on the "interview feedback" section of this site. It would be very much appreciated! I hope to join you all soon!

Congrats to everyone that has been accepted! I have an interview coming up for MWU-IL and I was wondering if any of you were willing to share what types of questions were asked to you all. There is no feedback in the interview section of this website. I was hoping that some of you that have gotten in would either post here what kinds of questions were presented to you or maybe fill out the survey on the "interview feedback" section of this site. It would be very much appreciated! I hope to join you all soon!

You can't really prepare for the interview. Or better yet, they don't want you to prepare. They are looking for on the spot answers and how you critically think. I thought I bombed interview because I ran out of things to say and their was awkward silence but I was VERY shocked when I was accepted. Just be yourself and you will be fine. Good luck!

I wish I had taken a look in the housing offered on campus. It seems like it would be pretty convenient for the first year and cut down on transportation costs. I would also like more information on this!
hmm
i did the math here......its ~$840/month to live on campus...in a 500 sq. ft box.......wow
But then i went on craigslist and looked at the area......u can get some really nice 3 bedroom houses and some roommates.....for about $550........sounds like a better plan to me ;)

This is one of the hardest decisions I have to make. But after a month full of thinking and praying, I have decided to give up my spot.

Good luck to everyone:)

Hello all! I am paying my deposit today :)

If you don't mind driving, try these apartment complexes. They range from 5-20 minutes from campus and they're very affordable. If you can find a roommate, it'll be much more cheaper.

http://chicago.apartmenthomeliving.com/apartment-guide/lombard-illinois/apartments-for-rent

I'm planning to stay on campus for one quarter, then find my own apartment after that.

hmm
i did the math here......its ~$840/month to live on campus...in a 500 sq. ft box.......wow
But then i went on craigslist and looked at the area......u can get some really nice 3 bedroom houses and some roommates.....for about $550........sounds like a better plan to me ;)

hey anyone know how long they take to make decisions after the interview? I have an interview coming up and I am thinking whether or not it will be worth moving up my date.

I'm from the area and would be more than happy to answer any questions regarding housing, travel, etc., near and around MWU. Looking forward to meeting everyone soon!

Hey everyone,
I'm trying to weigh the pro's and con's of MW vs UIC, its a tough decision for me, and although I love the idea of brand new facilities at MW, I am intrigued by the location and reputation of UIC. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Thanks

Hey everyone,
I'm trying to weigh the pro's and con's of MW vs UIC, its a tough decision for me, and although I love the idea of brand new facilities at MW, I am intrigued by the location and reputation of UIC. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Thanks

I decided with MWU. New facilities and still near Chicago. I'm from IL btw. Also it will be a good program because it's essentially same as MWU Arizona. I just got a good vibe. I went to UIC for undergrad lol.

I just received an interview for February and was wondering if it was worth my time to go. Does anybody know if most of the class has already been chosen? How many seats are available? What the process is? I'd just like to know if MWU-IL accepts any post December 1st interviews or if this is just a formality. Any help would be appreciated.

Declined my offer of acceptance today and I hope it comes handy for one of you. It is a great school with a great program and I hope I don't regret this decision later lol.

Best of luck everyone!

Predental 88, if you don't mind me asking where did you accept if you declined MWU? Im from the suburbs near MWU actually and have never lived in the city, and although the facilities and curriculum are intriguing, I definitely am exploring the option of UIC as an in state student

Just declined my offer to midwestern as well today...GL to everyone! Loved the school, but I will be attending my state school...GO BUCKS :D

i just paid my deposit as well! im possibly looking for a roommate for off campus housing...

just requested to join the fb group as well!

Today is the last day for me to pay, and I will most likely deny my offer....Good luck everyone!

i just paid my deposit as well! im possibly looking for a roommate for off campus housing...

just requested to join the fb group as well!

I will probably also be looking for a roommate to live off campus. If anyone has talked to people in other programs about good places to live, let me know! :)

Just stopping by to let waitlisters know I declined my acceptance this morning. Good luck to all!

I withdrew my acceptance on the 24th, after being accepted to my state school. MWU-IL seems like it will have a great program. Good luck to all those attending.

Hey guys! Just got my interview offer today and am pretty nervous since it may be my only option if I don't get in to my state school. How was the interview? I saw someone say you can't really prepare. Any advice would be amazing!! Congratulations to you all I hope to be joining you soon!

Hey guys! Just got my interview offer today and am pretty nervous since it may be my only option if I don't get in to my state school. How was the interview? I saw someone say you can't really prepare. Any advice would be amazing!! Congratulations to you all I hope to be joining you soon!

Congratulations! First of all, don't be nervous. The staff at MWU-IL are all very nice, and they are excited to welcome the first class. Here are some points based on my experience:

1. The interview is closed-file, meaning the interviewers won't know anything about you (your undergard, gpa, dat score, experience, etc).

2. Five 8-minute interviews in separate rooms - aka speed dating style. There will be one question posted to each door, and you get 2 minutes to read and think about it. Then you enter the room, and you get 8 minutes to answer/discuss the questions. Some interviewers will ask or prompt any further questions, and other interviewers will go onto asking questions about yourself (what's your hobby, why dentistry, etc). Remember to be logical in you thinking, since that's what they are testing. All interview questions are ethics questions. No "why do you want to be a dentist" or "tell me about your research experience" although these questions may be asked after the ethics questions have been discussed well enough as I mentioned before.

that's it! you have plenty of time to meet with other interviewees. I felt like it was a very relaxing environment.
Good luck!

Hey I just got an interview last week for next month. Does anybody know how many people they interviewed pre-Dec 1st? Or if they mentioned any kind of numbers about what they were expecting to accept or interview further? I am just curious how many people were in my same situation with the late interview and what kind of chances I had. Thanks

Got the phone call earlier today!!! I'm in BABY!!! WOOOOOT!!!:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

I'm IN!!! Can't wait to start up this inaugural class!

Got the official acceptance phone call today and will be paying my deposit soon!:soexcited:

I just wanted to congratulate everyone on their acceptances. The first class is going to make one heck of a first impression :)

btw...I am also stuck on the housing issue. Let me know if anyone is looking for a roommate to live on/close to campus

got the acceptance call this week! Good luck to everyone interviewing - it's very relaxed and everyone is pretty nice. I didn't prepare at all for the interview, I was just honest - that's all the advice I have!