Official NBDE Part 2 Study Q & A Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tinman831

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please post all study questions/answers for the NBDE Part 2 in this thread. Good luck!

As a side note, this is not the place for sales ads. Discussion of remembered questions appearing on the exam is also not permitte

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If someone could explain this sentence to me that would be great, my test is in 15 days, thanks

Fluoride has antimicrobial activity. In low concentrations fluoride ion inhibits the enzymatic
production of glucosyltransferase. Glucosyltransfemse prevents glucose from
forming extracellular polysaccharides, and this reduces bacterial adhesion and slows ecological
succession.

so i get the impression that glucosyltransferase has a desirable function, then why would fluoride inhibit it ?!?!...this sentence is from decks pedo cards #36 2011-2012 version.....pleaaaaase anyone explain thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Latest updates on antibiotic prophylaxis says not needed but DECKS says you need to do so for patients with Mitral valve prolapse with regurgitation any idea ?

Took my exam Dec 15/16. Anyone else this day or after receive results? How long does it usually take to get the letter?

If someone could explain this sentence to me that would be great, my test is in 15 days, thanks

Fluoride has antimicrobial activity. In low concentrations fluoride ion inhibits the enzymatic
production of glucosyltransferase. Glucosyltransfemse prevents glucose from
forming extracellular polysaccharides, and this reduces bacterial adhesion and slows ecological
succession.

so i get the impression that glucosyltransferase has a desirable function, then why would fluoride inhibit it ?!?!...this sentence is from decks pedo cards #36 2011-2012 version.....pleaaaaase anyone explain thanks
Actually, glucosyltransferase, promotes bacterial aderence on the tooth surfaces, it also produced by bact. To transform sucrose into metabolites that is usefull for bact.. . But flouride inh. This enzyme..

Allergic reactions to amide-type local anesthetic
solutions are most likely caused by sensitivity to
A. lidocaine hydrochloride.
B. epinephrine.
C. methylparaben.
D. contaminants.

ans - C (methyl paraben)

Initial instrumentation for the biomechanical preparation of a vital tooth should begin at the canal orifice and should end at the
a. radiographic apex
b. cementodentinal junction
c. cementoenamel junction
d. cement pulpal junction
ans- B

what is the most common mand fracture site ?
1_angel
2_ condyle
834279-870075-901.jpg

so ans would be 2- condyl

Can anyone tell me the calculations for pediatric dosing for the antibiotic regimen? For amoxicillin, clindamycin, and etc? Thank you!

In which of the following situations is space most difficult to manage?
1)9.5 yr old pt with loss of max first molar
2)5 yr old pt with loss of primary max central incisor
3)6 yr with loss of primary first molar
4)5 yr with loss of primary mandibular second molar

1. Which of the following is the strongest stimulus to respiration?
      1. Decrease in arterial pH.

2. Increase in arterial oxygen.

3. Decrease in arterial oxygen.

4. Increase in arterial carbon dioxide.

5. Decrease in arterial carbon dioxide.

Hey guys,
Can anyone tell me what study materials are needed for nbde2?
I have the first aid review and dental decks I need to get the ASDA question papers. Does anyone have them? Please help me out with this.
Thanks

Hi Dear
i think the correct answer is c=15 mm 100% SURE
there are 2 kind of liners solutions =5mm & suspensions = 15 mm(DYCAL)

:love::love::love::love:
PLEASE SHARE US YOURS EXPERIENCES
Would you explain how the minimum thickness is 15 mm, it means 1.5 cm. I can't believe it?