***Official NYU Class of 2015 Acceptance Thread***

anyone who interviewed on nov 29 hear anything yet, either any type of response by mail or email?

Yes. I'm in! I had interviewed on nov.29.

Members don't see this ad.

Was an email sent out to everyone before they received their official notification in the mail? I interviewed Nov. 29th also but have not heard anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my letter today and boy have I been waiting haha...I stalked the mail man December 1st and seriously ran him down after he passed my street twice. I had to call my house from work to see if he finally got to my house and...nothing. So today when it came I almost started crying haha. I live in California and interviewed way back in October. This is my second time applying and I only had one interview last year. I leave tomorrow for my UPENN interview. I'm so excited to know that I'll finally be started on my career as a dentist. Congrats to everyone else and hang in there those who are still waiting :thumbup:

I'm in!! I'm currently on vacation in korea, so I found out through my mom who opened the letter and posted it on facebook for me! lol

WE DID IT!

although i am VERY worried about the money ...

Congratulation!!! and your comment made my day !!Thanks, I am applying for second time now and hopefully this time I'll get in. good luck on your other interview :)-->Polotrav

for those who got in, did you recieve an email saying that a letter regarding a decision was sent in the mail?

Just got accepted today! :cool:

Interviewed on November 29th. I did not receive an email. I actually just sent an email inquiring about my application status before I got a call from home that I got mail. I drove home on my lunch break because I couldn't wait. :D

after all this time waiting for my letter to come, I find out I'm waitlisted. This sucks.

Acceptance came today! I'm so happy, I actually cried (very rare for me). This means we are actually on our way to becoming dentists, it's really happening!!! I am so relieved right now, I don't even want to stress over finals.

i'm in!! found out on Friday, i'm from CT

good luck to everyone waiting. and also anyone on the wait list, I remember Dr. Mejia saying to just talk to her if you are on it and really want to go there - and she will try to help you out!

NYUCD 2015!

AADSAS GPA: 3.15
Sci GPA: 3.22

hey. what school did u go to? and whats ur DAT stats?

Did anyone receive any type of scholarship with their acceptance packet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats guys! Hopefully I'll be in your position a year from now, especially with NYU!

I'm in too!!! I've been waiting to say those words!!! :laugh: Best Christmas gift ever!!!!!!!

Lol so after our acceptance, is it like undergrad where we have to hit an accept button somewhere? Or do we just send in our deposit money (nyu)

For those who received the letter, I have a question. When did you have the interview?

For those who received the letter, when did you have the interview?

Did anyone receive any type of scholarship with their acceptance packet?

you dont find out about scholarships until way later after you have accepted and they have filled most of their class

I got in yay! I'm torn between Midwestern in AZ and NYU. I really liked Midwestern but NYU is giving me $30,000 a year in scholarships which basically covers the living expenses...any advice?

Thanks

I got a $30,000 a year scholarship with my acceptance. Anyone else?

congrats everyone. see u all there next year

So who gets their scholarships? Mind if I ask if you are a URM?

I'm not sure what a URM is, so I'm guessing I'm not one lol. I'm not really sure how their scholarships work, I just got the letter in my acceptance packet. It said it was based off of my academic performance, and as long as I maintain a 3.2 GPA while in school I will get it all four years.

I'm not sure what a URM is, so I'm guessing I'm not one lol. I'm not really sure how their scholarships work, I just got the letter in my acceptance packet. It said it was based off of my academic performance, and as long as I maintain a 3.2 GPA while in school I will get it all four years.

if you dont mind me asking, what are your stats?

if you dont mind me asking, what are your stats?

DAT: AA: 21 TS: 23 PA: 21
GPA: overall: 3.69 BCPM: 3.56

And I'm half hispanic, but I don't really think that counts toward the URM thing.

Can anyone tell me when are deposits due for NYU ? :scared: Depends on how many ppl attending --> maybe they will interview more :) ( like ME) ...

DAT: AA: 21 TS: 23 PA: 21
GPA: overall: 3.69 BCPM: 3.56

And I'm half hispanic, but I don't really think that counts toward the URM thing.

Being half hispanic most definitely counts as being an under represented minority!

Can anyone tell me when are deposits due for NYU ? :scared: Depends on how many ppl attending --> maybe they will interview more :) ( like ME) ...

mines due by monday dec 20th because of my scholarship, but i think otherwise they are due first week in january.

Thank!!! and congratulations on your scholarship :)... hard work pays off at the end ...

I got accepted at Temple earlier today so I will be giving up my NYU spot in the next few days. Good luck!

anyone who interviewed from 12/6-12/10 receive their mail yet?

It was discussed in the other thread that the decision mails were sent out this Tuesday and one person on predents already received it today.

I'm in! Interviewed 12/6 and received the acceptance package today (12/17)

anyone that interviewed on 12/14 got a reply yet?

When were they supposed to make a decision? Friday?

I interviewed on Friday, and Dr. Mejia said that they would make decisions on 12/13-17 interviewees on Friday, but letters would not be sent out until Wednesday. Hope this helps!

I interviewed on Friday, and Dr. Mejia said that they would make decisions on 12/13-17 interviewees on Friday, but letters would not be sent out until Wednesday. Hope this helps!

Are you sure? I had my interview on the 13th and she told us that she will personally mail the letters out today (12/20) for those who interviewed on 13th-17th and that we should expect the letters before Christmas around this wednesday and thursday at the latest.

Are you sure? I had my interview on the 13th and she told us that she will personally mail the letters out today (12/20) for those who interviewed 13th-17th and that we should expect the letters before Christmas.

Maybe for interviews earlier in the week letters will be mailed out today, but I am absolutely sure that letters for interviewees on the 17th will be mailed out on Wednesday. She specifically said so in the Q&A.

Maybe for interviews earlier in the week letters will be mailed out today, but I am absolutely sure that letters for interviewees on the 17th will be mailed out on Wednesday.

Hmmm... I see I see. Maybe they got pushed back. So if she does mail out the letters on Wednesday, we will probably not get the letters by Christmas huh? Man, I was hoping for a Christmas gift from NYU. How many interviewees were at your interview?

Maybe for interviews earlier in the week letters will be mailed out today, but I am absolutely sure that letters for interviewees on the 17th will be mailed out on Wednesday. She specifically said so in the Q&A.

Thats what she told us too

I interviewed on 14th and Dr. Mejia also told us the letters will be mailed early next week (20th) and we will get them by end of the week..

quick question- what about those ppl who don't receive any package?
does that mean it's a rejection?

I interviewed on 14th and Dr. Mejia also told us the letters will be mailed early next week (20th) and we will get them by end of the week..

quick question- what about those ppl who don't receive any package?
does that mean it's a rejection?

I thought everyone who interviewed either receives a letter (waitlist) or a package (acceptance). I don't think anyone who interviewed gets rejected this early but rather placed on waitlist.

I thought everyone who interviewed either receives a letter (waitlist) or a package (acceptance). I don't think anyone who interviewed gets rejected this early but rather placed on waitlist.

thanks for the clarification.
I'm going out of country this week and no one will be at my house to check the mails. do you think they will let me know over the phone?

thanks for the clarification.
I'm going out of country this week and no one will be at my house to check the mails. do you think they will let me know over the phone?

No. From reading previous threads, it seems that they will gladly resend the mail if it was lost but they will not let you know your status over the phone. It won't hurt to give it a try though.

Has anyone that interviewed on 12/13 received the "response letter" email?