Official Off-Topic Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bacchus

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Use this thread as a social and off-topic thread. Do not create multiple threads. Follow the TOS in this thread as well as all other threads.

Members don't see this ad.

Is there any way to make new members read through the MD vs DO sticky before they are allowed to post

Could this be stickied?

topic_sticky.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think so. There is already a video/education session (I believe) for someone to watch when they sign up.

As someone who is pretty new to SDN, I don't think they make you go through a video. Just a message from one of the mods if I remember correctly.

The most exciting thing that ever happened in basketball:

8610442111_47e1d60741_o.gif

Anyways, anybody here keeping up with NBA finals?

Game 7s in the Finals truly are a rare treat. I can't remember where I was during any of the other close out games in the past decade and a half, but I haven't forgotten where I was in 2005 and 2010.

Members don't see this ad :)
Spurs really blew it in the 4th.

Why take Duncan out in the final minute? Sure James will probably hit the 3 he's going to take but keep Duncan in just in case! And when Bosh rebounded it, foul him! Ray Allen in the corner is a given!

Players get fined for flopping which is fine, how about the refs get some discipline for missing clear calls (Allen fouling Ginobili on his layup)?

Bosh made some big plays and kept his promise to make sure Green wasn't open. It was entertaining but man I hope the Spurs can get it together for Game 7!

I don't blame the refs too much in that situation... at that late stage in a game its better to allow the players to decide the game rather than potentially making a wrong call to decide the outcome. But yes, Allen clearly fouled Ginobili but I'm fairly sure 9/10 refs would swallow their whistles at that stage.

Boston in 7

I want to say Boston in 6, but it could very well go to 7.

On a side note, the Wings went far this post-season. Their defense will surely grow stronger for next year.

People actually watch hockey?

I want to say Boston in 6, but it could very well go to 7.

On a side note, the Wings went far this post-season. Their defense will surely grow stronger for next year.

I wasn't too hopeful during the regular season, but they really came together in round one and did spectacularly against Chicago. Now that they've signed Datsyuk to a 3-year extension, I'm pretty confident their playoff streak will continue for a while longer :)

I don't think so. There is already a video/education session (I believe) for someone to watch when they sign up.

I remember they made me watch Red Asphalt when I was doing Driver's Ed. It really made me a cautious driver for a while. I'm thinking maybe SDN should do something similar.

As in, make everyone watch Red Asphalt. :D

But srsly guys shouldn't this be moved to Wolf's Den

I remember they made me watch Red Asphalt when I was doing Driver's Ed. It really made me a cautious driver for a while. I'm thinking maybe SDN should do something similar.

As in, make everyone watch Red Asphalt. :D

But srsly guys shouldn't this be moved to Wolf's Den

Whoa, whoa. Buzzkill.

Has anyone else seen Man of Steel? I thought it got a "B" at best.

I haven't but I know a lot of people are wanting to see it. A "B" though? That disappointing considering all the hype.

Did anyone see the second Star Trek? Totally epic, I loved it! It got me feeling so excited about being a Trekky that I starting watching the original series on netflix. Man, is that stuff a laugh! The special effects are so hoaky

Any Dexter, Game of Thrones, and/or Breaking Bad fans here?

All three, but I'm three seasons behind in Dexter and haven't finished season 5 of Breaking Bad. Don't spoil it!

I haven't but I know a lot of people are wanting to see it. A "B" though? That disappointing considering all the hype.

Did anyone see the second Star Trek? Totally epic, I loved it! It got me feeling so excited about being a Trekky that I starting watching the original series on netflix. Man, is that stuff a laugh! The special effects are so hoaky

Yeah... there just wasn't enough dialogue for me. I want deep dialogue in comic book movies; they can do it. Comics/comic book movies don't need to be brainless (Superman wasn't, but it could have been better).

I LOVED Into Darkness!!! Saw it twice. Can't get enough of Chris Pine on the big screen. :naughty:

I am a huge GoT fan, too! I am currently reading the fourth book. :thumbup:

I am hoping this app cycle pans out, and I will be able to tell my direct supervisor what an imbecile she is in general and that Panda Express is not a health food chain.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

BB and GoT! It's a horrible love/hate relationship. Both shows make me really really angry :laugh: Still need to catch up on last season!

Bacchus, how did that why I don't want to be a DO thread get deleted? I thought that wasn't possible?

I loved it, for the most part. I got a little tired of watching skyscrapers get knocked over after a while. But I thought the casting was perfect, the story solid, and I thought Krypton itself was so wonderfully alien.

I agree. It was awesome. :thumbup:

Honestly, I feel like Hollywood is running superhero movies into the ground... too many of them are coming out which is diminishing their appeal.

For me it's not so much that they're making too many of them, but rather that they keep trying to out-do each others' action scenes. Between Transformers, the Avengers, and now Man of Steel, I've had a little too much of having a 9/11 reenactment as the climax to very action flick. Sorry to be a buzz kill, but watching people run down the streets of NYC from massive wall of fast approaching dust and smoke is a little too real.

For me it's not so much that they're making too many of them, but rather that they keep trying to out-do each others' action scenes. Between Transformers, the Avengers, and now Man of Steel, I've had a little too much of having a 9/11 reenactment as the climax to very action flick. Sorry to be a buzz kill, but watching people run down the streets of NYC from massive wall of fast approaching dust and smoke is a little too real.

Then avoid World War Z.

Which I thought was a decent movie

I loved the book... will this give me problems if I go see it? :shifty:

The movie does reveal a couple of minor details that the book doesn't talk about, but is otherwise very different from the book. It focuses mostly on the efforts of a particular character, rather than flipping between various interviews like the book does.

I enjoyed both.

All three, and I also liked superman and world war z. Can't wait for dexter to come back on, and GoT was a roller coaster this season.

Anyone here a cyclist?

Without giving too much info away, what is causing those crazy people in World War Z? Is it a virus?

Without giving too much info away, what is causing those crazy people in World War Z? Is it a virus?

I remember them mentioning something about rabies at the beginning of the movie.