*~*~*~*Official Personal Statement Guide and Reader List 2015-2016*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Willing to critique as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering if anyone would mind giving my PS a read. I'm done with it, but would really like a couple more eyes on grammar and stuff.

Anyone willing to comment on or edit my personal statement?

About me: 25 y/o M, MCAT 34, GPA 3.7, 6 months as an ED scribe, 2 years graduate research.

Last edited:
Looking for some help with my Diversity Statement if anyone has time.

Can anyone confirm if any of the available readers have been responding?

Or can someone just read my personal statement haha.

Hi everyone. I am guessing the current readers are very busy because I haven't gotten any replies. My personal statement is complete, I just need help with grammar. Would anyone be willing to help me with grammar?? Thanks :)

Can someone read my personal statement? Please?

Hi, I read a few PS earlier and wouldn't mind looking over a few more. Pm me if you still need a critique.

I know this is super late, but would anyone be able to read my PS?

Hey all, I get that this is really late, but is anyone able to read my PS?

Members don't see this ad :)
Y'all, I am SO bored at work. I'm just a lowly premed/current applicant, but I'm a decent editor and would love to give feedback to pass the time (until 5pm PST).

hey,
i'm a current applicant but i am willing to read and give feedback if you guys still need it.

Would anyone be willing to read my secondary essay for the typical "overcoming a challenge" prompt?

1) Click "quote" on the most recent post.
2) Add your SDN screen name, your credentials, and specific things you are willing to edit for (content only, grammar only, etc). DO NOT post your email address.
3) Delete the quote tags at both the top and the bottom.
4) If you are unable to read any more personal statements, please come back and remove your name from the list.

Current Readers Available:

-Relax! | I am willing to edit personal statements for content/grammar/semantics/organization. I would also not mind editing other aspects of your application, such as responses to secondary prompts, activity descriptions, etc.

-soccerusa | Incoming MD student accepted to 10+ schools | Will read and edit for anything besides grammar | College tuition paid for by writing scholarship | Copy and paste PS and brief description of yourself as an applicant in a PM and send it to me. I will acknowledge I have received it and give you an approx time frame for return with comments | Happy to help!

Readers Not Available:

-benmarker | Done for the season. incoming MD student, humanities major | will read solid drafts and read mostly for content and structure. Will give lots of constructive criticism

- Australopithekus | Overwhelmed yet again. I have multiple textbook and journal publications, and I consider writing one of my strengths. I will be blunt. I am also happy to critique school lists. PM a short bio for approval.

- syoung | INBOX FULL will deal with backlog in my inbox and that's it. | current MS3, waiting for Medicine to start on June 8 and am a non-trad with MDapps on my profile. I received assistance during my cycle and helped read and edit for the 2013-2014 year. You have until June 1 to request editing from me and I will try to send all edits by June 8. Please state in a PM to me: "If you had to sell me something from your closet, what would it be and why should I buy it?" Taking requests from SDN with posts > 50. I will read for grammar and give you an impression of what I think you are. Happy to help!

-ThinkReallyFast | Inbox Full || Just finished my M.A. and happy to pay it forward after getting a lot of help here. | I will read solid personal statements drafts for content, flow, and minor grammatical errors. | PM me with a google docs link (comment permissions, NOT edit permissions - so you can see my suggestions). | Preference for non-traditional and LGBT personal statements, but I am happy to help anyone!

- pobms4 | MD/PhD (in social science) graduate who just matched into radiation oncology | Currently full. Will edit more when I get through.

- CaliforniaDreamer | All full, no computer (motherboard failure). Can help with readability/organization. I also just enjoy editing grammar, maybe I am weird. You need a version of Microsoft word compatible with in line edits and comments.

-Alejandro|M3/4|Full Box-Studying for boards| Currently studying for boards but am willing to read a few essays here and there to help out. If you ask me to read your essay, please be comfortable 'appropriately harassing me' for it as I'm going to be busy, but would be happy to read it for you. What can I offer? Well, I've read a fair number of essays, served as a premed advisor for two undergrad institutions, and usually I consult a lot of my peers at other schools (harvard, hopkins, washington, mcw, basically whoever is online) to take a gander at your essay if I'm having difficulty figuring out what my consensus is. The one thing I ask for you in return, and this is my favorite practice interview question I like to ask is: Why should I choose you? Can be as long and short as you want. Feel free to be as arrogant or pompous as you want. Doesn't have to be proofread. You can even write it in internet language (as if I'm IM'ing you). I don't care. I just want to see how passionate you are about this. Sound good? Later in the year, you can ask me to help you with interviews if you'd like.

- hellanutella | currently full-up; I will post again whenever my queue is empty | Preference will be given to users with 50+ posts. Please PM me a short bio if interested. | Incoming medical student; app cycle results can be seen in my MDapps. I have published in a scientific journal and a literature textbook. Once wrote an essay on global climate change using only single-syllable words. Willing to edit for content and flow. While I love critiquing PSes, my true love is editing AMCAS activity descriptions so feel free to contact me with these as well!

-Avocado8 | Currently full, will post when my queue is empty. Incoming medical student | Experience editing admissions essays for grammar and content (tend to be borderline brutally honest). Happy to help with activity descriptions, etc as well!

-MoonJelly | Swamped. Will re-list my name when I can edit more | First-year medical student | I am a former English teacher and my personal statement was brought up at a number of interviews. I have a lot of experience editing admissions essays and tend to focus on content/style/flow/originality. I am most interested in editing essays for non-trads, but I'm happy to help anyone!

-TheRhymenocerous | Working through a bit of a backlog. I'll be back! I have a BA in English and was until not too long ago pursuing a writing career. I've worked as a journalist and a copy editor and have a sixth sense for grammatical errors. I'm applying this cycle and have already finished my personal statement, so I'm happy to help with others'! Would prefer to work with statements closer to completion so I can focus on writing and flow, rather than content.

-MPB |Full up. Will repost once it opens up | Incoming M1| B.A. in English and interdisciplinary social science major. LizzyM 71-3. Received 6 IIs and very positive feedback on my written materials during interviews. Will mostly read/edit for content/flow/style, and prefer to work with semi-complete drafts. Please provide brief overview of yourself as an applicant in PM.

-EatingCake |/Done for this cycle, GOOD LUCK ALL!/ Incoming M1| Minor in English and extensive writing tutoring experience. I'm happy to help with content, style, organization and grammar and can work with applicants in any stage of the writing process. Please PM me with a clear objective (eg: prewriting, editing for grammar, flow, continuity, etc.).

-ridethecliche| Done for the cycle |Incoming M1| I've worked in research and have a few pubs including a first author| I am a harsh editor and will refuse to comment on your PS if you haven't taken the effort to edit it yourself| Will give constructive criticism on theme, style, and organization otherwise| Don't send to me if you don't like your work being ripped apart to be made better. This is an important aspect of your app and you should put the work in! PM Me about yourself, your goals, your experiences, and target schools etc and what your ps is about in a short paragraph and we'll go from there. COMPLETED PS' ONLY! Not editing any more personal statements this cycle.

-Gsb653 | Full up for right now...I don't know why my name was removed from the available list on the update, but oh well! I'll put it back up when I get through with my que. I'm an incoming MD/ PhD student with a lot of research background. Was a collegiate athlete and took 2+ years off in between undergrad and med school. Willing to read anyone's PS! Also had very positive feedback from AdComs on my essays. Good luck!

-Hippogriff | Full |Incoming M1| I am best at editing for content, style, and organization. My advice style is constructive criticism. So I will be honest about your weakness, but will also highlight your strengths.

-turayza | Full | incoming M1, bioc/ph major. | will read for content and organization. I also really like critiquing ECs so I will take those too! Application cycle visible on MDapps.

-canadianinusa| Full temporarily | Incoming M1| Dual science-social science major with a grad degree. I received many scholarships in undergrad/grad school (school + national level). Lots of research experience (incl. publication). Prefer to work with semi-complete or complete drafts. I received interviews at 50% of the schools that I applied (as an international applicant). I'd be particularly helpful for nontrads, people with research experience, or social science majors but I'm happy to help out anyone who thinks I'd be useful.

-shinobiz11:incoming M1, content and grammar- I'll take a look at your PS, give some advice. Did well in writing classes, enjoy hearing peoples stories. Took me many drafts to get my PS to an acceptable level, I'll do my best to help you
PLEASE send me your PS in a Google doc so you can view the changes!

-tick_tock400. FULL. Incoming M1 who received interviews at over half the schools/programs applied to. Happy to edit for content mainly and a little grammar. If you send me your PS, it has to be complete, and you have to address Why Medicine & Future Ambitions in Medicine. Please email me a short bio with some main activities you've done before you send me your PS-- and only please send me your PS once I've told you I'm ready to receive it. Please only message me if you're willing to re-do/rewrite your entire PS and are open to heavy duty criticism, as I often tell writers to rewrite their entire things, so beware! Here is a thread of great tips compiled by some of the editors here! Best of luck! http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...on-personal-statements.1134113/#post-16450618

-On Eagle's Wings | | I will not be taking any more requests from anyone for the next few weeks. I will be taking a break from reading essays for now. | Incoming MS1 accepted to 2 CA schools. I am only willing to look at Work/Activities Descriptions. I have written many descriptions of my activities throughout college for scholarship applications. I have been awarded $10,000+ in individual scholarships for my work and activities. I will review Work/activities descriptions for content and just about anything else that I see. I will leave you my overall impression, please do not take blunt comments and critical review personally. If interested, please PM me and paste your work/activities description into your message. I am getting full here, so I will be giving priority to those who send me only a few paragraphs or one sample work/activity description to look at. I am happy to look at all 15 of your work/activity descriptions, but just know it will take longer for me to return it.

- PlaqueBuster| FULL| Please stop sending me requests to read. I have over 75 and I cannot read them now. Hope you understand

-vellez | incoming MD student, accepted more than 1 MD; interviews at several MS programs (vagueness is intentional) | Will read for anything, though I think I'd be best at reading for content | Never done this before; hopefully I can be helpful | Most familiar with NW schools/programs | PM beforehand with a 1 sentence bio. I'll acknowledge that I got your request and hopefully get back with the edit | Will probably only read 10 or so for now (I'm new to this!) | Good luck, guys!
Sorry guys, I'm full at the moment. I'll read the ones that I have and read more once I get through them.

- 22031 Alum
|I have a new class of interns to take care of so that means I'm done for the season. Sorry if I didn't get to your PS! |

1) Click "quote" on the most recent post.
2) Add your SDN screen name, your credentials, and specific things you are willing to edit for (content only, grammar only, etc). DO NOT post your email address.
3) Delete the quote tags at both the top and the bottom.
4) If you are unable to read any more personal statements, please come back and remove your name from the list.

-Relax! | I am willing to edit personal statements for content/grammar/semantics/organization. I would also not mind editing other aspects of your application, such as responses to secondary prompts, activity descriptions, etc.

-soccerusa | Incoming MD student accepted to 10+ schools | Will read and edit for anything besides grammar | College tuition paid for by writing scholarship | Copy and paste PS and brief description of yourself as an applicant in a PM and send it to me. I will acknowledge I have received it and give you an approx time frame for return with comments | Happy to help!

Readers Not Available:
-benmarker | Done for the season. incoming MD student, humanities major | will read solid drafts and read mostly for content and structure. Will give lots of constructive criticism

- Australopithekus | Overwhelmed yet again. I have multiple textbook and journal publications, and I consider writing one of my strengths. I will be blunt. I am also happy to critique school lists. PM a short bio for approval.

- syoung | INBOX FULL will deal with backlog in my inbox and that's it. | current MS3, waiting for Medicine to start on June 8 and am a non-trad with MDapps on my profile. I received assistance during my cycle and helped read and edit for the 2013-2014 year. You have until June 1 to request editing from me and I will try to send all edits by June 8. Please state in a PM to me: "If you had to sell me something from your closet, what would it be and why should I buy it?" Taking requests from SDN with posts > 50. I will read for grammar and give you an impression of what I think you are. Happy to help!

-ThinkReallyFast | Inbox Full || Just finished my M.A. and happy to pay it forward after getting a lot of help here. | I will read solid personal statements drafts for content, flow, and minor grammatical errors. | PM me with a google docs link (comment permissions, NOT edit permissions - so you can see my suggestions). | Preference for non-traditional and LGBT personal statements, but I am happy to help anyone!

- pobms4 | MD/PhD (in social science) graduate who just matched into radiation oncology | Currently full. Will edit more when I get through.

- CaliforniaDreamer | All full, no computer (motherboard failure). Can help with readability/organization. I also just enjoy editing grammar, maybe I am weird. You need a version of Microsoft word compatible with in line edits and comments.

-Alejandro|M3/4|Full Box-Studying for boards| Currently studying for boards but am willing to read a few essays here and there to help out. If you ask me to read your essay, please be comfortable 'appropriately harassing me' for it as I'm going to be busy, but would be happy to read it for you. What can I offer? Well, I've read a fair number of essays, served as a premed advisor for two undergrad institutions, and usually I consult a lot of my peers at other schools (harvard, hopkins, washington, mcw, basically whoever is online) to take a gander at your essay if I'm having difficulty figuring out what my consensus is. The one thing I ask for you in return, and this is my favorite practice interview question I like to ask is: Why should I choose you? Can be as long and short as you want. Feel free to be as arrogant or pompous as you want. Doesn't have to be proofread. You can even write it in internet language (as if I'm IM'ing you). I don't care. I just want to see how passionate you are about this. Sound good? Later in the year, you can ask me to help you with interviews if you'd like.

- hellanutella | currently full-up; I will post again whenever my queue is empty | Preference will be given to users with 50+ posts. Please PM me a short bio if interested. | Incoming medical student; app cycle results can be seen in my MDapps. I have published in a scientific journal and a literature textbook. Once wrote an essay on global climate change using only single-syllable words. Willing to edit for content and flow. While I love critiquing PSes, my true love is editing AMCAS activity descriptions so feel free to contact me with these as well!

-Avocado8 | Currently full, will post when my queue is empty. Incoming medical student | Experience editing admissions essays for grammar and content (tend to be borderline brutally honest). Happy to help with activity descriptions, etc as well!

-MoonJelly | Swamped. Will re-list my name when I can edit more | First-year medical student | I am a former English teacher and my personal statement was brought up at a number of interviews. I have a lot of experience editing admissions essays and tend to focus on content/style/flow/originality. I am most interested in editing essays for non-trads, but I'm happy to help anyone!

-TheRhymenocerous | Working through a bit of a backlog. I'll be back! I have a BA in English and was until not too long ago pursuing a writing career. I've worked as a journalist and a copy editor and have a sixth sense for grammatical errors. I'm applying this cycle and have already finished my personal statement, so I'm happy to help with others'! Would prefer to work with statements closer to completion so I can focus on writing and flow, rather than content.

-MPB |Full up. Will repost once it opens up | Incoming M1| B.A. in English and interdisciplinary social science major. LizzyM 71-3. Received 6 IIs and very positive feedback on my written materials during interviews. Will mostly read/edit for content/flow/style, and prefer to work with semi-complete drafts. Please provide brief overview of yourself as an applicant in PM.

-EatingCake |/Done for this cycle, GOOD LUCK ALL!/ Incoming M1| Minor in English and extensive writing tutoring experience. I'm happy to help with content, style, organization and grammar and can work with applicants in any stage of the writing process. Please PM me with a clear objective (eg: prewriting, editing for grammar, flow, continuity, etc.).

-ridethecliche| Done for the cycle |Incoming M1| I've worked in research and have a few pubs including a first author| I am a harsh editor and will refuse to comment on your PS if you haven't taken the effort to edit it yourself| Will give constructive criticism on theme, style, and organization otherwise| Don't send to me if you don't like your work being ripped apart to be made better. This is an important aspect of your app and you should put the work in! PM Me about yourself, your goals, your experiences, and target schools etc and what your ps is about in a short paragraph and we'll go from there. COMPLETED PS' ONLY! Not editing any more personal statements this cycle.

-Gsb653 | Full up for right now...I don't know why my name was removed from the available list on the update, but oh well! I'll put it back up when I get through with my que. I'm an incoming MD/ PhD student with a lot of research background. Was a collegiate athlete and took 2+ years off in between undergrad and med school. Willing to read anyone's PS! Also had very positive feedback from AdComs on my essays. Good luck!

-Hippogriff | Full |Incoming M1| I am best at editing for content, style, and organization. My advice style is constructive criticism. So I will be honest about your weakness, but will also highlight your strengths.

-turayza | Full | incoming M1, bioc/ph major. | will read for content and organization. I also really like critiquing ECs so I will take those too! Application cycle visible on MDapps.

-canadianinusa| Full temporarily | Incoming M1| Dual science-social science major with a grad degree. I received many scholarships in undergrad/grad school (school + national level). Lots of research experience (incl. publication). Prefer to work with semi-complete or complete drafts. I received interviews at 50% of the schools that I applied (as an international applicant). I'd be particularly helpful for nontrads, people with research experience, or social science majors but I'm happy to help out anyone who thinks I'd be useful.

-shinobiz11:incoming M1, content and grammar- I'll take a look at your PS, give some advice. Did well in writing classes, enjoy hearing peoples stories. Took me many drafts to get my PS to an acceptable level, I'll do my best to help you

-tick_tock400. FULL. Incoming M1 who received interviews at over half the schools/programs applied to. Happy to edit for content mainly and a little grammar. If you send me your PS, it has to be complete, and you have to address Why Medicine & Future Ambitions in Medicine. Please email me a short bio with some main activities you've done before you send me your PS-- and only please send me your PS once I've told you I'm ready to receive it. Please only message me if you're willing to re-do/rewrite your entire PS and are open to heavy duty criticism, as I often tell writers to rewrite their entire things, so beware! Here is a thread of great tips compiled by some of the editors here! Best of luck! http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...on-personal-statements.1134113/#post-16450618

-On Eagle's Wings | | Done for the season as medical school starts for me tonight. | Incoming MS1 accepted to 2 CA schools. I am only willing to look at Work/Activities Descriptions. I have written many descriptions of my activities throughout college for scholarship applications. I have been awarded $10,000+ in individual scholarships for my work and activities. I will review Work/activities descriptions for content and just about anything else that I see. I will leave you my overall impression, please do not take blunt comments and critical review personally. If interested, please PM me and paste your work/activities description into your message. I am getting full here, so I will be giving priority to those who send me only a few paragraphs or one sample work/activity description to look at. I am happy to look at all 15 of your work/activity descriptions, but just know it will take longer for me to return it.

- PlaqueBuster| FULL| Please stop sending me requests to read. I have over 75 and I cannot read them now. Hope you understand

-vellez | incoming MD student, accepted more than 1 MD; interviews at several MS programs (vagueness is intentional) | Will read for anything, though I think I'd be best at reading for content | Never done this before; hopefully I can be helpful | Most familiar with NW schools/programs | PM beforehand with a 1 sentence bio. I'll acknowledge that I got your request and hopefully get back with the edit | Will probably only read 10 or so for now (I'm new to this!) | Good luck, guys! Sorry guys, I'm full at the moment. I'll read the ones that I have and read more once I get through them.

- 22031 Alum |I have a new class of interns to take care of so that means I'm done for the season. Sorry if I didn't get to your PS! |

Hello there,

If anyone is feeling bored and wants to read my personal statement/offer advice, please feel free to message me. Thanks!

Hope everyone's having a nice weekend! :)

In the same boat as everyone else- looking for someone to read my PS and see if the direction I took it in is one that is worthwhile or if i should just scrap it and begin anew!
:)

I know it's late in the cycle, but is anyone still willing to read a PS?

Hi there, very late to the game, but I was hoping that someone could read over and help me edit my personal statement? Thanks in advance!

-Okazaki Frag Grenade | I can help with personal statements and am willing to edit content/grammar/structure/etc. Same goes for secondary essays as well. | I have two bachelor's degrees and a master's degree in two writing-intensive areas of study (psychology; religions), which has allowed me to gain lots of experience with academic and scientific writing | PM me with your essay(s) and a brief bio of yourself | I shoot for 48 hour turnaround, barring crazy life circumstances :) |

Readers Not Available:

-On Eagle's Wings | | Done for the season as medical school starts for me tonight. | Incoming MS1 accepted to 2 CA schools. I am only willing to look at Work/Activities Descriptions. I have written many descriptions of my activities throughout college for scholarship applications. I have been awarded $10,000+ in individual scholarships for my work and activities. I will review Work/activities descriptions for content and just about anything else that I see. I will leave you my overall impression, please do not take blunt comments and critical review personally. If interested, please PM me and paste your work/activities description into your message. I am getting full here, so I will be giving priority to those who send me only a few paragraphs or one sample work/activity description to look at. I am happy to look at all 15 of your work/activity descriptions, but just know it will take longer for me to return it.

-vellez | incoming MD student, accepted more than 1 MD; interviews at several MS programs (vagueness is intentional) | Will read for anything, though I think I'd be best at reading for content | Never done this before; hopefully I can be helpful | Most familiar with NW schools/programs | PM beforehand with a 1 sentence bio. I'll acknowledge that I got your request and hopefully get back with the edit | Will probably only read 10 or so for now (I'm new to this!) | Good luck, guys! Sorry guys, I'm full at the moment. I'll read the ones that I have and read more once I get through them.

- 22031 Alum |I have a new class of interns to take care of so that means I'm done for the season. Sorry if I didn't get to your PS!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone interested in reading my Personal statement? I have already sent it through tutor.com editing a few times but would appreciate another set of eyes.

Does this only apply to Medical School Personal Statements? I have a residency personal statement that I would like someone to critique. If not at least the grammar. Thanks

Does this only apply to Medical School Personal Statements? I have a residency personal statement that I would like someone to critique. If not at least the grammar. Thanks

Yes this is for medical school personal statements. The ERAS and NRMP Forums are the place for you to be at regarding residency personal statements. Good luck!

Yes this is for medical school personal statements. The ERAS and NRMP Forums are the place for you to be at regarding residency personal statements. Good luck!

Since no one at ERAS forums is willing to help can I at least have someone here critique my personal statement for grammar errors?

Readers Not Available:

- 22031 Alum |I have a new class of interns to take care of so that means I'm done for the season. Sorry if I didn't get to your PS!

-Okazaki Frag Grenade | FULL FOR NOW | I can help with personal statements and am willing to edit content/grammar/structure/etc. Same goes for secondary essays as well. | I have two bachelor's degrees and a master's degree in two writing-intensive areas of study (psychology; religions), which has allowed me to gain lots of experience with academic and scientific writing | PM me with your essay(s) and a brief bio of yourself | I shoot for 48 hour turnaround, barring crazy life circumstances :) |

I personally went through a professional editor at Gurufi.com. I was initially hesitant because I had a bunch of friends who were great writers. However, getting my PS back from them, I honestly felt as if they weren't giving me the type of feedback I needed. First of all, had trouble being concise. I was also looking for more visual vocabulary, as well as a more stylized flow. Something cohesive that I was beginning to create for myself, but couldn't tie the loose ends if you know what I mean. I didn't pay much to get my PS edited from Brian at Gurufi, and I feel SO happy I did. We had substantial back and forth about what I was looking for. He gave me relevant feedback as if he were a medical student. He helped me convey who my authentic self was through imagery. For those who have not heard back from free SDN editors, I recommend trying Brian out (http://www.gurufi.com/editor/brian). I'm really glad I did.

This might be a dumb question, but I've seen this done at the undergraduate level and I was wondering if there was a thread or a trusted site or something along the lines of "Essays that Worked"? Even now, if there were a few accepted students who'd be cool with emailing, PMing or something their essays (along with which schools accepted them) as a way of giving the rests of us an idea of what to shoot for?
I really think I'd benefit from reading a broad range of essays. Especially since theres a few ways I could go with this.
sorry if this is a stupid thing to ask or annoys some of you.

This might be a dumb question, but I've seen this done at the undergraduate level and I was wondering if there was a thread or a trusted site or something along the lines of "Essays that Worked"? Even now, if there were a few accepted students who'd be cool with emailing, PMing or something their essays (along with which schools accepted them) as a way of giving the rests of us an idea of what to shoot for?
I really think I'd benefit from reading a broad range of essays. Especially since theres a few ways I could go with this.
sorry if this is a stupid thing to ask or annoys some of you.

Not necessarily a dumb thing to ask, but generally a TERRIBLE idea. Never read someone else's work when trying to figure out your own personal statement. Even if you don't intend to you'll wind up borrowing things and it will begin to sound less and less like your own writing IMO.

The adcoms want to know more about you, so write something meaningful about your experiences in your own voice and tone and you'll do fine!

Edit: Along that note, I think sharing themes is totally fine and might be of some help. I talked about a patient experience I had volunteering in an ER, and how it reminded me why I want to move on to become an M.D. (while avoiding the whole epiphany cliche).

thanks!
I'm between two theme right now. 1) My mother's brain surgery and how I overcame my view of doctors as "gods" (proving I have a realistic expectation of the profession) cumulating in my Peace Corps Service and my volunteer work in inner cities
2) My commitment to team sports and my desire to be a part of a medical team cumulating in PC and volunteer work etc.

Any readers still available for a non-trad Army Aviator?

I can help, but I really think it's too late in the cycle to consider applying, even if you're going DO-only. If you're going 2016 (which I recommend), you're getting it done early, but that sounds good.

Any reader available right now? I'm going to apply for med school this upcoming June

Anyone available to read mine? Mine is due to my school's health committee in a few weeks.

Anyone available to read mine? Mine is due to my school's health committee in a few weeks.

Same situation here, either of the above (@Eddy342 or @Ambiences) available to read another? Or anyone else? Just trying to get as many eyes on it as possible.

Reactions: 1 user
Same situation here, either of the above (@Eddy342 or @Ambiences) available to read another? Or anyone else? Just trying to get as many eyes on it as possible.
I can look over yours for flow and content if you want. I have some free time this week. Will just point out 2-3 areas for improvement, won't be checking for grammar or doing nitty-gritty changes though.

Status
Not open for further replies.