Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@J Senpai and @Cyberdyne 101 confusion bump. A gif to resolve.

655e3a7b39239512a96a238470a2f3e1.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Have fun tonight errybody! Bout to move to DC on Monday, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

@The Buff OP @mehc012 @Cyberdyne 101 and others in the social thread

What are your favorite adcom moments? For me, I really admire LizzyM's amazing puns, such as the following:

LizzyM said:
Fishing... not my thing but some adcoms might be hooked by it (oh, the pun -- please forgive me).
LizzyM said:
If you had some responsibility and were required to perform a role within the service (as a musician, etc) then maybe being faithful (if you'll pardon the pun) to your responsibility to the other members of the congreation might be something to list.
LizzyM said:
That assumes that the interview is open file. If it is, there might be some questions to get at an applicant's ties to their ethnic community, etc. If it seems like B.S., then the interviewer may form a negative opinion which can color (if you'll pardon the pun) the entire interview.

They are great and I admit I chuckled for a good 5 minutes reading them. :giggle::giggle:

Poppin' in to say hellooooo pre-allo! Looking forward to the next few months of struggle bussin' with y'all.

Reactions: 1 users
@The Buff OP @mehc012 @Cyberdyne 101 and others in the social thread

What are your favorite adcom moments? For me, I really admire LizzyM's amazing puns, such as the following:

They are great and I admit I chuckled for a good 5 minutes reading them. :giggle::giggle:
I'm sorry, the only thing I can think of right now is
HP5 said:
“Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth, 'It unscrews the other way.”

Advice, since I'm a young gun here…if I only had the option to sign up for pre-med chem or pre-med bio (both entry level courses), which one should I choose? I'm assuming since 2 years of Chem with lab is required for many medical schools that I should pick Chem...

Advice, since I'm a young gun here…if I only had the option to sign up for pre-med chem or pre-med bio (both entry level courses), which one should I choose? I'm assuming since 2 years of Chem with lab is required for many medical schools that I should pick Chem...
It depends on your school and what kinds of classes you want to take. If you're planning on taking any upper level bio or chem courses, they probably have intro-bio and/or intro-chem as pre-requisites. So, decide whether or not you want to take more bio or chem classes later and that'll give you your answer.

Members don't see this ad :)
It depends on your school and what kinds of classes you want to take. If you're planning on taking any upper level bio or chem courses, they probably have intro-bio and/or intro-chem as pre-requisites. So, decide whether or not you want to take more bio or chem classes later and that'll give you your answer.
This, but keeping in mind that many schools consider Gen Chem to be a prereq for Orgo...it may let you take Biochem, too.

Thanks for the advice! Right, I'm thinking I want to major in Biology, but since I'm not allowed to declare that until second semester sophomore year, I could very well major in Chem too. I just want to make sure I have all of the requirements and courses for the MCAT completed by the end of my junior year.

Just saw Jurassic World. Not gonna lie: kind of dumb. But it was fun enough.

Just saw Jurassic World. Not gonna lie: kind of dumb. But it was fun enough.

I'm looking forward to it. Treating my father to it next weekend for that gift card holiday. How would you rank it compared to the first three?

I'm looking forward to it. Treating my father to it next weekend for that gift card holiday. How would you rank it compared to the first three?
Better than the second two, but it doesn't stand up to the original imo.

Better than the second two, but it doesn't stand up to the original imo.

The original was on cable this weekend and I was impressed with how well it held up. As long as it is better than two and three I will enjoy it.

Chris Pratt is quickly becoming one of my favorite actors. Can't wait for the next Guardians movie

Dear Volvo,
It was bad enough that you made me disconnect the climate control buttons just to change out my stereo.
It was incredibly annoying when I realized that most of the interior electronics went through that climate console, so I had to work under the dash with no overhead lights.
But the icing on the cake was when I turned my car back on and discovered that this piss-poor wiring setup also included one of the airbag sensors, so now my paranoid computer is convinced that my airbag system experienced a failure and needs urgent service from a dealer. Now I get to pay some exorbitant fee for a greedy dealer to spend 0.2s with some annoyingly proprietary code reader to reset the warning message, without which I will likely fail my annual inspection. Thanks.

Dear Volvo,
It was bad enough that you made me disconnect the climate control buttons just to change out my stereo.
It was incredibly annoying when I realized that most of the interior electronics went through that climate console, so I had to work under the dash with no overhead lights.
But the icing on the cake was when I turned my car back on and discovered that this piss-poor wiring setup also included one of the airbag sensors, so now my paranoid computer is convinced that my airbag system experienced a failure and needs urgent service from a dealer. Now I get to pay some exorbitant fee for a greedy dealer to spend 0.2s with some annoyingly proprietary code reader to reset the warning message, without which I will likely fail my annual inspection. Thanks.
:(

s'OK, I was reminded that I live in California, where they make you do smog so they can pretend they're environmentally friendly (though encouraging people to buy new cars every few years and trash their old ones is kind of the opposite), but they don't do inspections because they don't care if we die. So it only matters if I leave the state!

s'OK, I was reminded that I live in California, where they make you do smog so they can pretend they're environmentally friendly (though encouraging people to buy new cars every few years and trash their old ones is kind of the opposite), but they don't do inspections because they don't care if we die. So it only matters if I leave the state!
So are you celebrating?!
warriorswin.jpg

I think nobody knew about the Warriors until this year.

Lol, homeboy was awaiting a more appropriate song choice. I approve.

I'm looking forward to hopefully another GSW vs CLE finals. I really don't like Lebron, so I was thrilled that Curry and the Warriors won this series! However, with all due respect to Iggy, Lebron deserved the finals MVP by far. Most voters don't like awarding the MVP award to an individual from the losing team, but this case needed to be an exception.

Lol, I'm a fan of Lebron but this is too good to not share:
upload_2015-6-18_20-40-55.png

Reactions: 3 users
I honestly can't fathom a finals MVP being given to the losing team. If the series went to game 7 and lebron still averaged almost a triple double, then it's a different story I guess.

Lol, I'm a fan of Lebron but this is too good to not share:
View attachment 193201

Riley Curry was the best thing to happen these playoffs! She even has Steph's chest bumping celebration down lol

@Lawper hahah quality post

For the record, I am not a dog-obsessed freak. I do cuddle with my labrador at least 11 times per day, however.

NHL draft 2015: First-round picks, scouting reports

20. Minnesota Wild - C Joel Eriksson-Ek. Two-way center is a strong competitor at both ends. Development curve is headed straight up - made significant progress each time we saw him. Tough to play against, persistent and tenacious. Physically strong but still gangly and has a great frame to fill out. Wins battles and knocks opposing players off the puck consistently. Works hard every shift. Finishes checks. Strong defensively and does lots of little things away from the puck. Positionally sound, excellent d-zone awareness, comes back deep in own end to help his defenseman and can play a shutdown role late in games. Has a powerful stride and improving quickness. Fine hands and displays great patience and protection skills with the puck. Draws opposing players in, then makes short touch passes to open linemates, showing good vision. Has an awesome drag-'n-shoot move. Gets great torque on his snapshots. Strong on his stick and excellent on faceoffs.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/2015/06/26/nhl-draft-2015-first-round-picks-capsules/29360401/