Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
image.jpg

It's actually nice in the more remote areas.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm just wondering if I'm the only weirdo here that's obsessed with these archaic beauties. :laugh:

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't own a fountain pen, but I do use a double-sided safety razor. It's nice :shrug:

Reactions: 1 users
I have a lamy safari!

Reactions: 1 user
I got too excited when I saw this thread...haha. I have a Pilot Cavalier. I haven't used many others but if you're looking for a really fine nib (which I was), this one seems to work great! It's also (relatively) cheap and not as bulky as lots of fountain pens.
The only thing I don't like about using it is all the questions I get if I use it in public...not that I mind answering them, but I don't want people to think that I'm only using it to get attention or something. :smack:

I haven't yet had the pleasure of using a fountain pen, but I do splurge and buy the 2 for $10 heavy-ink guys at Wal-Mart. Probably one of my more wasteful habits since I have to restock so often but I can't go back to using the 10 cent Bics.
You can get a whole jar of ink for your fountain pen for $10. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does it really matter what you use to write? If you're on this forum, there's a good chance no one can read your handwriting anyway.

Freaking snow people. I hate snow.

Tfw your future husband can't freaking move because of his job :(

If I ever get to be an attending, once I actually make good money we are moving south. I HATE the cold. UGH. ESPECIALLY PAs roads. Whoever runs Penndot needs to be encased in a pillar of ice so they will finally understand how us mere mortals feel.

Freaking snow people. I hate snow.

Tfw your future husband can't freaking move because of his job :(

If I ever get to be an attending, once I actually make good money we are moving south. I HATE the cold. UGH. ESPECIALLY PAs roads. Whoever runs Penndot needs to be encased in a pillar of ice so they will finally understand how us mere mortals feel.
I live in Canada, and I am so done with winter. I'm in the same boat, if I ever become a doctor, I am 100% moving somewhere where it's never below 20, or whatever that is in Fahrenheit.

I live in Canada, and I am so done with winter. I'm in the same boat, if I ever become a doctor, I am 100% moving somewhere where it's never below 20, or whatever that is in Fahrenheit.
That's almost 70F, so I think that narrows your US options to the very southern tip of Florida. :)

That's almost 70F, so I think that narrows your US options to the very southern tip of Florida. :)
Okay let's expand upon that. At this point I think I'll settle for a place that snows <5 times a year

What kind of fp ink do you guys like? So far I've been enjoying waterman' blue and diamine green/black.

You have fun with your party cat. I'm doing precalc at 1am on a Friday "night". I have micro at 9am sat.

Might as well get used to it.

I'm just bitter @Lawper my cat doesn't party. She just cries constantly if she can't see me at all times

.... You have a saturday class? :(
Yup. Microbiology 9am-2pm. Lab included. I'm actually very ok with it. My fiancé has class at the same time on Saturdays so the only thing I'm really missing is alone time and sleep. That way it keeps a couple of my week nights open for me to play in my basketball leagues :)

If it were possible, I'd totally quit medicine to be a Pokemon Master

I asked my best friend to be my MOH at my wedding using a poke ball and a ring pop. Pretty much summed up my childhood.
If an adcom ever asked me what I would do if med school wasn't an option, I'm thinking "PokeMaster and eventual Gym Leader" is an acceptable answer.

I asked my best friend to be my MOH at my wedding using a poke ball and a ring pop. Pretty much summed up my childhood.
If an adcom ever asked me what I would do if med school wasn't an option, I'm thinking "PokeMaster and eventual Gym Leader" is an acceptable answer.
I feel that that answer would only marginally help me if my interviewer's a student. :p

Do you guys have any books or audiobooks that you really like (non-medicine related) like reading for fun or self help books or something that has changed your life?

We just had a thread like this that I think got moved to the pre-allo social thread.

Regarding male MDs/DOs towards females of any occupation/background? Do physicians get women? Women thrown at them?

The kind of women who would be attracted to you merely for your title is the kind of women that you should avoid like Yersinia pestis anyway. So I rather glad that I am married and don't have to deal with this problem.

Reactions: 6 users
Women thrown at them?
Now I'm just imagining some sort of woman catapult on graduation day, lol

Yes obviously some women are attracted to doctors who make a lot of money. Duh.