Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@Nietzschelover @DokterMom bump!

5703c0b0dcc201334fd8005056a9545d

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my lower 3rd molars removed.

Wasn't it ****ing terrible? I had the first dental work of my life, a lower wisdom tooth extraction, in Jan. Holy ****. The actual extraction site never hurt, but the teeth in front of it hurt so much, I ended up passing out in a nauseated drug induced haze for a few days in a row

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Nah, doc put me under general; didn't feel a thing. Right now just recovering with gauze packs. It's just numb right now but it won't stop bleeding. Doc gave me Percocet for the pain and some stuff for the inflammation and antibiotics, but I can't start those until tomorrow, or when the bleeding stops.

Why do we even try when the barriers are so high and the odds are so low?
Why don't we just pack it in and go home?
It'd be so, so much easier.
It's because, in the end, there is no glory in easy. No one remembers easy.
They remember the blood and the bones and the long, agonizing fight to the top.
And that is how you become...legendary.

Just wanted to post this here for anyone who needs a little encouragement right now :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey @Winged Scapula or @WedgeDawg if I post an "Asian premed/doctors" thread, will I get in trouble?

I don't think it's fair that black premeds/doctors get their own thread. And it's not like this forum has many Asian members from what I observe.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey @Winged Scapula or @WedgeDawg if I post an "Asian premed/doctors" thread, will I get in trouble?

I don't think it's fair that black premeds/doctors get their own thread. And it's not like this forum has many Asian members from what I observe.
LOL...

I think SDN has a *lot* of Asian members but no, you won't get in trouble if you want to start such a thread.

Reactions: 1 users
Sounds like a devious plan to seek out all the Asian applicants, possibly dig up dirt and eliminate competition...

Is anyone else tired of getting TB tests and/or Hep B titers? I feel like my whole life has been dedicated to proving that I do not have either of those diseases

Reactions: 3 users
Yes annoyance to the Hep B test. I see the purpose of the PPD/Quantiferon since it's more likely to be exposed to a a respiratory-compromised patient. The only annoying thing is that you have to schedule it on your own. It wouldn't be that bad if the people asking for it scheduled it for you.

I got a TB test a month ago but I have to get one again in a couple days so it's within 3 months of orientation, and then I have to get one more test during orientation. Like maybe I should just get TB already so this will feel worthwhile

Reactions: 1 users
Get used to it. I've probably had around a dozen and a half TB titers care of forgetting to or not being able to come in for reads at my old job lol. If the person doing it is good, you don't feel a thing, so at least there's that.

I got a TB test a month ago but I have to get one again in a couple days so it's within 3 months of orientation, and then I have to get one more test during orientation. Like maybe I should just get TB already so this will feel worthwhile

Then you'd have to get TB tests AND a chest x-ray :p.

@Mad Jack, are there any Ghostbusters billboards/ads in your area? I saw one on a bus today, and for a moment, I thought they were re-releasing the Sigourney Weaver version :laugh:
anigif_enhanced-25789-1405094385-17.gif

So a buddy of mine applies to law school a month ago... and got his acceptance just today. No secondaries, no year-long cycle of uncertainty and doubt, no nothing. Are lawyers spoiled or what?

Reactions: 2 users
So a buddy of mine applies to law school a month ago... and got his acceptance just today. No secondaries, no year-long cycle of uncertainty and doubt, no nothing. Are lawyers spoiled or what?
Is he going to a top 14? Because it seems you need to if you want to be nearly guaranteed a good job.

Our admissions process sucks but the job prospects are better.

Ha I love the 4th wall comics. They're always the characters attacking Stephen for using ****ty puns.

Get used to it. I've probably had around a dozen and a half TB titers care of forgetting to or not being able to come in for reads at my old job lol. If the person doing it is good, you don't feel a thing, so at least there's that.

For my PPD last year I had to convince/plead with the nurse for quite a while that mine wasn't positive. I have really sensitive skin so I always get a red mark/bruise when I get it placed, but it's small, not inflamed, not indurated, not raised...basically nothing like what a positive test would be other than that there's a "mark" there from trauma to my skin. Usually it makes the reader examine with more scrutiny but this nurse was insistent that it was positive until she got someone else to take a look.

I get the importance, but I'm so over it.

For my PPD last year I had to convince/plead with the nurse for quite a while that mine wasn't positive. I have really sensitive skin so I always get a red mark/bruise when I get it placed, but it's small, not inflamed, not indurated, not raised...basically nothing like what a positive test would be other than that there's a "mark" there from trauma to my skin. Usually it makes the reader examine with more scrutiny but this nurse was insistent that it was positive until she got someone else to take a look.

why are you up at 4

Why not get quantiferon?

Wait, you have to pay for your own TB tests? Whenever I needed my annual at the hospital I volunteered at, quantiferon was paid for by the hospital.

My PPD was free when I volunteered as an undergrad, but not in med school. It's like $15. I believe quantiferon is like 4-5x that price.

I'd just like to thank SDN for making me pay for official transcripts just so I can verify there are no unknown IAs that I got for an unknown reason.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Some IAs don't show up on your official transcript. Looks like you will need to call your Dean of Student Affairs.