Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
#IStandWithHateSpeech is trending on twitter with over 50K tweets.

...Did I miss something???

I don't care about Twitter (@Mad Jack signal)

What i do care about and am happy is that Warriors is close to winning the Finals @Cyberdyne 101 @Gibbward

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Not gonna lie I'm really nervous to face the Cavs... They're offense is blazing hot right now. Though now that the Warriors aren't facing a front court that isn't packed with 6'11 dudes, the Warriors offense might not stutter as much.

I don't care about Twitter (@Mad Jack signal)

What i do care about and am happy is that Warriors is close to winning the Finals @Cyberdyne 101 @Gibbward

Stay safe Bruins

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Not gonna lie I'm really nervous to face the Cavs... They're offense is blazing hot right now. Though now that the Warriors aren't facing a front court that isn't packed with 6'11 dudes, the Warriors offense might not stutter as much.
It looks like the Dubs didn't stutter at all ;) #StrengthInNumbers
150603214627-shaun-livingston-flexes-warriors.1200x672.jpg

Shout out to all the pre-allo peeps who are working full time, studying to take last-minute MCAT, and also working on AMCAS. And doing ECs....who prolly shoulda waited a year, but f*** it.

We got dis! :clap:

Reactions: 1 user
Translation is better anyway since that's where you get your enzymes.

Members don't see this ad :)
@Lawper but can Transcription's name work on two official levels? I don't see their name as a movie in addition to an error in gene expression.

I think that a movie that won an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay qualifies as essentially writing the "book" that the movie would be "based" on.

Advantage: Lost in Translation

OMG this **** is hilarious

Someone needs to find Steph Curry STAT!
I was screaming at the TV for Coach Kerr to bench Steph! He was getting manhandled on defense and was looking lazy and uninterested on offense!

I think Draymond and Harrison are really going to make or break this series. Draymond's gotta make the wide open shots the Cavs gives him and Harrison's gotta find a way to get TT off the offensive glass.

I was screaming at the TV for Coach Kerr to bench Steph! He was getting manhandled on defense and was looking lazy and uninterested on offense!

I think Draymond and Harrison are really going to make or break this series. Draymond's gotta make the wide open shots the Cavs gives him and Harrison's gotta find a way to get TT off the offensive glass.
Curry has to stop picking up early (and pointless) fouls. In addition, he and Klay have to attack the basket early on in order to disrupt Cleveland's defensive flow. Hell, the whole team needs to attack the gorram basket.

At this point, they gotta play like they're down in the series...

All this basketball talk. No one talking about the Stanley Cup?

I've never gotten into foreign football much, since that would require actually having TV, actually knowing when the games are, and making up a fake loyalty...but I happen to live within walking distance of one of the top MLS teams, so I've been going to those games regularly and enjoying the hell out of it! I know US soccer isn't quite as 'good' as the rest of the world, but an in-person game with a ridiculously pumped fanbase and midfield seats (close enough to hear every word of the refs and players arguing) >>>>> a TV game that I forget about! Can't beat dollar dog days!

Besides, I know it's shallow, but it kills me that other countries don't really have team names beyond the city name.
Are you following the Copa America?

#relevantnecroquote

Curry has to stop picking up early (and pointless) fouls. In addition, he and Klay have to attack the basket early on in order to disrupt Cleveland's defensive flow. Hell, the whole team needs to attack the gorram basket.

At this point, they gotta play like they're down in the series...

More off the ball movement so Klay and Steph can just get some easy catch and shoot situations or anyone can get back door layups. I hate seeing this one on one hero ball business, even when they're splashing threes left and right.

All this basketball talk. No one talking about the Stanley Cup?

I just don't know enough about hockey to comment on it :unsure:

Users with less than 100 posts are ineligible to compete for the LiT Cup.

*posts rant about Green's suspension* *leaves*
It's the correct call as much is it hurts to say it :dead: LeBron was the biggest punk for stepping over Draymond. He can't handle that the refs aren't calling fouls when people defend him or play hard against him :p

Also give me more McAdoo!!!

It's the correct call as much is it hurts to say it :dead: LeBron was the biggest punk for stepping over Draymond. He can't handle that the refs aren't calling fouls when people defend him or play hard against him :p

Also give me more McAdoo!!!
He's not even allowed in the building during the game! :mad: :confused: Like, is he gonna wait in the parking lot until it ends?!

He's not even allowed in the building during the game! :mad: :confused: Like, is he gonna wait in the parking lot until it ends?!
Ikr?? That rule makes no sense to me!

Viewing party in the parking lot with Draymond?!?!! I would pay good money to be part of that shindig!

I think Steve Kerr should sacrifice Mo Speights and Festus. Have them knock LeBron down during a boxout or rebound and have them both step over him. Both will be ejected, but that's okay! At least LeBron will know how it feels like to be disrespected like that. I just get so angry every time I see the replay of that! Ughhh :boom:

I think Steve Kerr should sacrifice Mo Speights and Festus. Have them knock LeBron down during a boxout or rebound and have them both step over him. Both will be ejected, but that's okay! At least LeBron will know how it feels like to be disrespected like that. I just get so angry every time I see the replay of that! Ughhh :boom:
Yeah, it was ridiculous. OK, the arm to the face was an accident, but after you deck someone, you offer to help them up, you don't step over them like they're an inanimate object, preventing them from getting to their feet.

@darkjedi @alpinism @Green Grass random US (+ few allies) vs World bump!

soccer-vs-handegg-nfl-football.jpg

2GHdRDg.jpg

.... and.... @Lost In Transcription @Lost in Translation metric system twist!

imperial_vs__metric_by_nekit1234007-d5p0ou5.png
But ironically, the term 'football' actually came from the fact that the game was played on foot, as opposed to on horseback...and soccer came from British slang. See, what we call football/soccer wasn't the only game played on foot. You had rugby football, association football, etc. Rugby football was often shortened to 'rugger' and 'association football' to 'soccer', because I guess 'asser' doesn't have quite the same ring to it. Eventually they sorted things out as 'rugby' and 'football', but we already had a 'football', so we stuck with 'soccer' (as did Australia, who also have their own football).
http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2014/06/why-we-call-soccer-soccer/372771/

But yeah, for units and dates we're totally whacked.

But ironically, the term 'football' actually came from the fact that the game was played on foot, as opposed to on horseback...and soccer came from British slang. See, what we call football/soccer wasn't the only game played on foot. You had rugby football, association football, etc. Rugby football was often shortened to 'rugger' and 'association football' to 'soccer', because I guess 'asser' doesn't have quite the same ring to it. Eventually they sorted things out as 'rugby' and 'football', but we already had a 'football', so we stuck with 'soccer' (as did Australia, who also have their own football).
http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2014/06/why-we-call-soccer-soccer/372771/

But yeah, for units and dates we're totally whacked.

But wasn't football historically the first sport that refers to sport. It isn't the only game played on foot, but it was the first, right? And I think rugby football and Australian Rules football evolutionarily branched out from association football to American football/handegg.

But semantics matter! So soccer = football and American football = handegg. And rugby >>>> handegg any day :smug::smuggrin:

But wasn't football historically the first sport that refers to sport. It isn't the only game played on foot, but it was the first, right? And I think rugby football and Australian Rules football evolutionarily branched out from association football to American football/handegg.

But semantics matter! So soccer = football and American football = handegg. And rugby >>>> handegg any day :smug::smuggrin:
I do think that association football did come first, by a slight margin, and then rugby showed up shortly thereafter. But the term 'soccer' definitely came from the UK, not the US, and the term 'football' is not a logical "duh, it's played with a ball and your feet" type name.

I do think that association football did come first, by a slight margin, and then rugby showed up shortly thereafter. But the term 'soccer' definitely came from the UK, not the US, and the term 'football' is not a logical "duh, it's played with a ball and your feet" type name.

Wait now i'm confused.

1. Since the term soccer came from the UK, why was it adopted by the US to specifically refer to association football, while handegg = American football? This would mean American football came before soccer

2. And how isn't it? Football = kicking the ball with your feet. It's a direct meaning that fits well with the sport... and is completely opposite to how American football is played.