Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@md-2020 @efle @WedgeDawg bump!

8c5f664046370134a5c8005056a9545d

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
A real math major would have said, "Did you know that pi is less than 22/7? Here's how..."
or my personal favorite: pi is transcendental over the set of polynomial equations with rational coefficients which is really cool because wait WHY ARE YOU WALKING AWAY?

or my personal favorite: pi is transcendental over the set of polynomial equations with rational coefficients which is really cool because wait WHY ARE YOU WALKING AWAY?

Pulls out pen and grabs a napkin, completely missing huge eye roll from unsuspecting victim. "So you see, 0 is less than the integral from 0 to 1 of x^4 times (1-x)^4 all over 1+x^2 dx, which is equal to 22/7 - pi! So pi has to be less than 22/7! Isn't that--hey, where'd you go?"

Reactions: 5 users
Reactions: 1 user
My attempt to strike up even more activity in the social thread

@Goro @WedgeDawg @Mad Jack @Matthew9Thirtyfive @Lost In Transcription @Cotterpin @kb1900 @libertyyne @freak7

Jeopardy Throwback Series!

This series of Pearls Before Swine comics ran from 10/11/2010-10/17/2010. Enjoy!

---
2d403310a3d60131978e005056a9545d

---
2e801fb0a3d60131978e005056a9545d

---
2fdcd080a3d60131978e005056a9545d

---
312fde30a3d60131978e005056a9545d

---
32dc5990a3d60131978e005056a9545d

---
343dfb80a3d60131978e005056a9545d

---
d7bbb8509a11012e2f8200163e41dd5b
Have I ever told you you're one of my favorite SDNers?

I think I would secretly want to be very good friends with you if we knew each other IRL but then I would be too paralyzed by introversion #mirinfromadistance

Reactions: 4 users

I think I would secretly want to be very good friends with you if we knew each other IRL but then I would be too paralyzed by introversion #mirinfromadistance

I'm not. Let's all be friends.

99% sure im about to spend the next 3 hours reading this thread

:hardy: and feel free to contribute as well!

Thanks man, I appreciate it. And I understand the introversion too (I'm not really all that sociable IRL either).

I like being friends with everyone, but I especially like talking to and hanging out with the regulars here, like you and others I regularly tag in here.

I'm not. Let's all be friends.

Indeed!

I'll post a few more series in the future. Scaling back from daily posts though to foster more activity in here.

:hardy: and feel free to contribute as well!

Thanks man, I appreciate it. And I understand the introversion too (I'm not really all that sociable IRL either).

I like being friends with everyone, but I especially like talking to and hanging out with the regulars here, like you and others I regularly tag in here.

Indeed!

I'll post a few more series in the future. Scaling back from daily posts though to foster more activity in here.

I'm not introverted, I just have no social life because my kids are two and ten months.

How did I only just discover this thread????? I see that there are fellow comic lovers here!! I grew up on Foxtrot and Calvin and Hobbes (I have a ton of books of both comics back at my parent's house).

For my fellow musical theater buffs out there:

ft131020lesphysz.png

ft161002hamiltonian.png

How did I only just discover this thread????? I see that there are fellow comic lovers here!! I grew up on Foxtrot and Calvin and Hobbes (I have a ton of books of both comics back at my parent's house).

For my fellow musical theater buffs out there:

ft131020lesphysz.png

ft161002hamiltonian.png
I thought that second comic reminded me of something...

Throwing this query here in fear that my colleague may see it. A buddy I met on campus has plans of doing MD/PhD at an Ivy school and doesn't even know what residency is. He's under the impression that he needs to go to "Penn or Harvard" to "major in neurology," otherwise he'll "have to do a residency to become a neurologist." He's graduating next year. How do I nicely help the kid out? I feel bad.