This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone! I'm looking for advice whether or not to retake my MCAT this summer. I'm planning on applying to DMU, NYCPM, CSPM, Western, and Scholl as soon as the applications open in August.
cGPA: 3.45
sGPA: 3.25
MCAT: 23 (7PS, 8VR, 8BS)
~150 hours volunteering in major ED
~300 hours of research in psychology lab
~Three summers worth of tutoring high school students
Pod shadowing lined up for the summer, should end up with at least 20 hours, hopefully more.

Would it be worth it for me to retake? Or am I good to go now if I get my application in August?
Apply in August and you should be set. I wouldn't bother retaking the MCAT. Your stats should get you interviews; spend some time preparing them and writing your personal statement and you should have your pick of schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone! I'm looking for advice whether or not to retake my MCAT this summer. I'm planning on applying to DMU, NYCPM, CSPM, Western, and Scholl as soon as the applications open in August.
cGPA: 3.45
sGPA: 3.25
MCAT: 23 (7PS, 8VR, 8BS)
~150 hours volunteering in major ED
~300 hours of research in psychology lab
~Three summers worth of tutoring high school students
Pod shadowing lined up for the summer, should end up with at least 20 hours, hopefully more.

Would it be worth it for me to retake? Or am I good to go now if I get my application in August?
You're good for admissions. You could probably apply to one of the larger schools and have a shot at admissions this cycle. Good luck to you!

Apply in August and you should be set. I wouldn't bother retaking the MCAT. Your stats should get you interviews; spend some time preparing them and writing your personal statement and you should have your pick of schools.
You're good for admissions. You could probably apply to one of the larger schools and have a shot at admissions this cycle. Good luck to you!
Thank you both! I appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Your MCAT might be the deal breaker for both of the schools. Get the best score you can. A 7,500 would be good. JK, I have no idea what the scoring is like in the new format. The highest is 528 and the mean is 500? Get over a 500.

If you can manage not taking a year off I would recommend it.
What is wrong then with my application that would prevent me from getting into these schools? Based on other peoples posts mine seem generally similar. As for taking a year off, I have yet to study for the new mcat and that is why I will be taking it in September.

What is wrong then with my application that would prevent me from getting into these schools? Based on other peoples posts mine seem generally similar. As for taking a year off, I have yet to study for the new mcat and that is why I will be taking it in September.
I don't think there is anything wrong with taking a year off, in fact for some I actually encourage it. And regardless of what some might say, it is entirely too late to apply for the current cycle. Enjoy your year off and soak up your free time.

As far as your application, your GPA is low.

DMU class of 2018:
Avg. cGPA = 3.41
Avg. sGPA = 3.25
Avg. MCAT (old scoring) = 23.3

Scholl's posted class profile is just slightly below this. While you are within a few GPA points here, it really does make a difference in admissions and they are concerned with keeping those averages up as well. You need to really rock the MCAT to make life easier. Don't underestimate it. The fact that you aren't taking it until September means you have only 4 months to study. Get to work!

So you take the MCAT in September and will wait an entire year before applying? Maybe I am confused with the cycle you are applying to.

Hello! I'm applying this cycle, I am currently waiting on transcripts to be verified and now am getting nervous that I won't get an interview because the process is taking long (over 3 weeks now)
I applied to all schools
My stats:
sGPA: 2.93
cGPA: 3.10
MCAT: 21
Shadowed a podiatrist for about 4 months last year
President of student org (volunteering)
Studio Art minor (unconventional)
I've worked during my entire undergrad career as a photographer and also worked 3 years as a physical therapy tech.
Do I have a chance?
Thank you!

Last edited:
Hello! I'm applying this cycle, I am currently waiting on transcripts to be verified and now am getting nervous that I won't get an interview because the process is taking long (over 3 weeks now)
My stats:
I've worked during my entire undergrad career as a photographer and also worked 3 years as a physical therapy tech.
Do I have a chance?
Thank you!
Tough to say, although I think your chances are very ow this cycle as most schools have filled spots and are only interviewing for wait-list spots. Your GPA is below average for most, if not all schools. A high MCAT could help draw attention away from that fact. I would recommend applying early in the next cycle (before December) and retaking the MCAT.

I know that probably isn't ideal. If you are absolutely opposed to retaking the MCAT, you may have some luck with your stats applying broadly in August when the next cycle opens.

So you take the MCAT in September and will wait an entire year before applying? Maybe I am confused with the cycle you are applying to.
I would apply after taking my MCAT in September. My Year off will be from this May 2015 to May 2016

Tough to say, although I think your chances are very ow this cycle as most schools have filled spots and are only interviewing for wait-list spots. Your GPA is below average for most, if not all schools. A high MCAT could help draw attention away from that fact. I would recommend applying early in the next cycle (before December) and retaking the MCAT.

I know that probably isn't ideal. If you are absolutely opposed to retaking the MCAT, you may have some luck with your stats applying broadly in August when the next cycle opens.
Thank you

I applied to all schools
My stats:
Do I have a chance?
Thank you!
Any other comments?

Any other comments?

I agree with SandersCalc, your chances are slim this year since most spots are filled. I would wait until August and reapply for the following cycle. You stand a much better chance with your current stats. It sounds like you're really rushing to get accepted this year which I highly DO NOT recommend. This is an education of a lifetime so don't make such a decision so hastily. As much as the school chooses you, you are also choosing them as well. You want a school that can provide the support you need. With your subpar GPA and MCAT, you may want to look and see what kind of support the school you're interested in will provide. For instance, do they have an academic center that can provide extra resources for you outside the classroom? Do they provide tutors free of charge to students? If you couldn't handle getting a 3.0 in undergrad then it'll take a lot of extra effort for you to get just that in pod school. In order to succeed in this field, you'll need more than just an acceptance letter. This is all probably something you don't want to hear so take this post as is: just my opinion based on some numbers you posted. Either way, I wish the best of luck to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with SandersCalc, your chances are slim this year since most spots are filled. I would wait until August and reapply for the following cycle. You stand a much better chance with your current stats. It sounds like you're really rushing to get accepted this year which I highly DO NOT recommend. This is an education of a lifetime so don't make such a decision so hastily. As much as the school chooses you, you are also choosing them as well. You want a school that can provide the support you need. With your subpar GPA and MCAT, you may want to look and see what kind of support the school you're interested in will provide. For instance, do they have an academic center that can provide extra resources for you outside the classroom? Do they provide tutors free of charge to students? If you couldn't handle getting a 3.0 in undergrad then it'll take a lot of extra effort for you to get just that in pod school. In order to succeed in this field, you'll need more than just an acceptance letter. This is all probably something you don't want to hear so take this post as is: just my opinion based on some numbers you posted. Either way, I wish the best of luck to you.
I was not rushing to get accepted this year, I have been working on this application since October, and was misinformed about needing letters of recommendation with your transcript and MCAT. I held off on submitting the application due to the letters, which is a big regret. Thank you

I was not rushing to get accepted this year, I have been working on this application since October, and was misinformed about needing letters of recommendation with your transcript and MCAT. I held off on submitting the application due to the letters, which is a big regret. Thank you

That is very unfortunate. Since you already submitted, all you can really do is wait and see. Your best shot is probably Kent since they have an overabundance of seats and they tend to fill them up until the last minute. If you haven't already, take a look around and read some of the comments from current Kent students and see if this place is truly for you. If you have any doubt, I would wait until next cycle and try to get at some of the smaller schools. Again, it is very unfortunate that you were misinformed about the application process. Keep us updated and good luck.

Hello everyone. I am an undergraduate student hoping to become a podiatrist. I've had some medical problems during my college career and choosing not to take a hardship withdrawal has resulted in my low cumulative GPA (2.5/4.0). My science GPA is about 3.4/4.0 and I'm hoping to do exceptionally well on the MCAT. Can anybody tell me what my chances of becoming a podiatrist are? I'm applying to Western University of Health Sciences College of Podiatric Medicine, Temple University, Rosalind Franklin, Kent State University, Samuel Merritt University and Barry University.

I'd appreciate any advice. Thank you.

What happened to the carribean medical school option?

I think screwtape has a point here. If you are dead set on becoming a pathologist then you should try to get everything in order to do what you really want to do. Your Cumulative is VERY low. If I were in your shoes I would go and retake some classes and put myself in the best position possible to succeed.

You should go do some shadowing to see if podiatry is really what you want to do. If you do get into a DPM program you probably get into a school with a large class size.

If you suddenly don't see this thread it is probably because it was moved to the "what are my chances" thread by the mods. Just a heads up.

c3.32, s2.91, mcat: 22. I'm interested in applying to pod school. I've been a scribe since February 2015. I have shadowed a podiatrist and a resident podiatrist. I'm planning on doing a special masters program or a post bacc this coming fall and hopefully attend pod school for Fall 2017. What are my chances? Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks guys!

Last edited:
c3.32, s2.91, mcat: 22. I'm interested in applying to pod school. I've been a scribe since February 2015. I have shadowed a podiatrist and a resident podiatrist. I'm planning on doing a special masters program or a post bacc this coming fall and hopefully attend pod school for Fall 2017. What are my chances? Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks guys!
Your stats are decent. You have a shot for 2016 admissions without the post baccalaureate program. You may even be able to squeeze in this cycle if you apply to a larger program. Good luck to you.

I have a 3.0 oGPA and 2.9 sGPA. I'm currently preparing for the mcat and I'm curious what score I would need to have a decent chance at acceptance? Isn't the new mcat scored differently now? Would a 500 on the new mcat be like a 24 or 25 on the old mcat?

Hey MitrieD, your science GPA is a little on the low side. http://www.aacpm.org/html/careerzone/pdfs/AACPM CIB-2013 Entering Class.pdf This link has all the averages for MCAT and GPA across all 9 schools. Unlike DO, podiatry does not have a grade replacement system, so retaking classes will do you no good, I would say bring it up to a 3.0-3.1 sGPA if possible by taking a couple more science classes and score a 21+ on the mcat. Also, I dont know how much shadowing and community service experience you have but having a good amount of hours in both will definitely strengthen your application, especially considerable hours shadowing a podiatrist. If you have founded or participated in clubs, its always a plus and any special talents as well add to your diversity and uniqueness. For a low GPA, give sound reasoning in your personal statement without knocking professors or yourself, these classes are difficult to deal with if alot was going on in your life at the time. As for the mcat, yes scoring a 500 would mean 24-25 in the old exam. I would say the closer to the national average the better even a 21-25 might help you. Take the mcat over the summer, apply really early and apply to all 9 schools, shouldnt cost you more than 500$. Each school is different everyone is treated differently as a case by case basis. Assuming you have all extra curriculars, required shadowing and maybe take a class or two to bring up your GPA above that 2.9, I would give it my all and try applyong very early. Best of luck, if you have any questions send me a message. Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 users
MitrieD, i think you have a good shot as long as you do well on the MCAT and apply early. Foot&ankleguy made some good points. Getting some strong letters of recommendation and shadowing will help with the admissions committees, but the killer for you at this point is the MCAT. Study hard and do your best. You science GPA is on the lower end of the scale, but a good MCAT score will most likely offset this. I wish you the best. I wouldn't place much emphasis on bringing up your sgpa. It wont make much of a difference.

Hey MitrieD, your science GPA is a little on the low side. http://www.aacpm.org/html/careerzone/pdfs/AACPM CIB-2013 Entering Class.pdf This link has all the averages for MCAT and GPA across all 9 schools. Unlike DO, podiatry does not have a grade replacement system, so retaking classes will do you no good, I would say bring it up to a 3.0-3.1 sGPA if possible by taking a couple more science classes and score a 21+ on the mcat. Also, I dont know how much shadowing and community service experience you have but having a good amount of hours in both will definitely strengthen your application, especially considerable hours shadowing a podiatrist. If you have founded or participated in clubs, its always a plus and any special talents as well add to your diversity and uniqueness. For a low GPA, give sound reasoning in your personal statement without knocking professors or yourself, these classes are difficult to deal with if alot was going on in your life at the time. As for the mcat, yes scoring a 500 would mean 24-25 in the old exam. I would say the closer to the national average the better even a 21-25 might help you. Take the mcat over the summer, apply really early and apply to all 9 schools, shouldnt cost you more than 500$. Each school is different everyone is treated differently as a case by case basis. Assuming you have all extra curriculars, required shadowing and maybe take a class or two to bring up your GPA above that 2.9, I would give it my all and try applyong very early. Best of luck, if you have any questions send me a message. Hope this helps.
If you retake a class it does not replace a grade but it can give your GPA a boost. I know many students who have done that. They got a C and retook the class and got an A. That's a B average. I personally think it would be harder to take a new class and get an A rather than take the same class and get an A.
I have a 3.0 oGPA and 2.9 sGPA. I'm currently preparing for the mcat and I'm curious what score I would need to have a decent chance at acceptance? Isn't the new mcat scored differently now? Would a 500 on the new mcat be like a 24 or 25 on the old mcat?
Though you have a lower sGPA you have a decent shot at schools with a larger class size. Do as best as you can on your MCAT. Don't prepare for it trying to get the score to just get past but rather prepare for it wanting the highest score you can get.
Good Luck!!

Last edited:
So you would recommend for OP to put as much time into studying for mcat rather than retaking a class and trying to raise sgpa from a 2.9 to a 2.95? Asking cause Im in same situation. Thanks guys.

So you would recommend for OP to put as much time into studying for mcat rather than retaking a class and trying to raise sgpa from a 2.9 to a 2.95? Asking cause Im in same situation. Thanks guys.
MCAT is more important than a .5 increase in GPA.

MCAT is more important than a .5 increase in GPA.
Thanks ashton, I just hope admissions feels the same way, especially when the .5 difference is enough to knock you up to a 3.0 from a 2.95. But I will take your advice and not bother taking a summer course to boost sgpa instead will put all the time into MCAT.

Thanks ashton, I just hope admissions feels the same way, especially when the .5 difference is enough to knock you up to a 3.0 from a 2.95. But I will take your advice and not bother taking a summer course to boost sgpa instead will put all the time into MCAT.
Your time is better spent there. It is really hard to raise your GPA once you have completed so many credits. Your MCAT should be your primary concern at this point. Remember, people get in with less than a 2.9. You will be fine ;).

What constitutes as an early application? I've heard people saying that an application would count as early as long as you apply before December... but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

What constitutes as an early application? I've heard people saying that an application would count as early as long as you apply before December... but I'm not sure how accurate that is.
Earliest would be August. December isn't considered early, it's more so right before some of the smaller schools start to fill up. Smaller schools are usually full earlier in the application cycle, some as early as February. If you want a fair shot at every school, especially the smaller schools, you want to get your application in between December and January.

That is very unfortunate. Since you already submitted, all you can really do is wait and see. Your best shot is probably Kent since they have an overabundance of seats and they tend to fill them up until the last minute. If you haven't already, take a look around and read some of the comments from current Kent students and see if this place is truly for you. If you have any doubt, I would wait until next cycle and try to get at some of the smaller schools. Again, it is very unfortunate that you were misinformed about the application process. Keep us updated and good luck.

I got an interview at NYCPM which is where I really want to go!

Yup, I applied when the applications openned, got interviews in october and november, I was accepted late october early november. The schools are more linient with their prospective students when they apply early in the cycle. The longer you wait, the more the seats fill up and hence the competiveness for remainding seats escalates. Ashtonmccants and SLCpod make excellent points regarding the mcat, most people fear the Mcat as if it were their impending doom so I always try to help people with GPA and extracurriculars because putting all your eggs in one basket with the mcat can seem kind of daunting. At this point, do well in the MCAT and continue to add to your experience you have nothing to worry about :)

Hey guys. I've been lurking on the pod forums for awhile so I finally decided to make an account. I plan on applying to all the east coast schools the first thing in August when the application opens up but I thought I'd get some feedback here. Kent is my prime choice due to close to home location.

cGPA: 3.68
sGPA: 3.45

I am shadowing multiple pods this summer with all my free time. I am also participating in the KSUCPM internship this summer (woohoo!). Hopefully have around 50 hours of pod stuff after all that. Also, I have MD/DO shadowing experience. I have 100+ hours volunteering in a hospital ER, and some other misc. volunteer things. I do research at my university, and I lead multiple clubs on campus.

How much emphasis to pod schools put on extra curricular activities? Like research, leadership, involvement, etc. I know shadowing and volunteering are probably pretty important. Thanks for any help I can get

Last edited:
They really just look for a well rounded applicant. You have done some amazing things with your free time. Keep up the good work. As long as you don't choke on your interview, you should get into Kent with very little resistance. Apply early, dress to impress, and be on your "A" game when that time comes. You will do just fine. Good luck to you in the very near future.

Hey guys, so I want to hear your opinion on the strength of my application. I'm applying this next cycle, so hoping to matriculate in fall of 2016. As August is coming up I'm getting more and more nervous, I'm really hoping to get in this next cycle! I take the MCAT june 20th so Ive been studying my butt of for that. Assuming that I do well enough on the MCAT, what are my chances? I plan on applying to Midwestern, Des Moines, Kent State, and possible Scholl's.
Academics
cGPA: 3.520
Big upward trend. GPAs for all 4 years are: Freshman: 2.83, Sophomore: 3.65, Junior: 3.91, and Senior: 3.87.
(Made some big mistakes as a freshman and after that year realized if I wanted to be a doctor I had to get my act together.)
Nonacademic/Extracurricular
This is where I feel that I may be a little weak.
- Doing an intership with a podiatrist in his clinic over the course of the summer and the fall. (Learning the ins and outs of running the office and note taking)
-I have 40 hours shadowing podiatrists and another 15ish shadowing Mds/DOs.
- Around 70 hours volunteering at the hospital on the med/surg floor.
- Volunteer tutor for biology courses for 1 semester
- Work as a tutor for the university I attend tutoring two upper-level biology courses.
- Certified as a phlebotomist
-100 Hours volunteer service in South America.

Any feedback or input? What are my chances at the schools I want to apply to? Thanks in advance!

Hey guys, so I want to hear your opinion on the strength of my application. I'm applying this next cycle, so hoping to matriculate in fall of 2016. As August is coming up I'm getting more and more nervous, I'm really hoping to get in this next cycle! I take the MCAT june 20th so Ive been studying my butt of for that. Assuming that I do well enough on the MCAT, what are my chances? I plan on applying to Midwestern, Des Moines, Kent State, and possible Scholl's.
Academics
cGPA: 3.520
Big upward trend. GPAs for all 4 years are: Freshman: 2.83, Sophomore: 3.65, Junior: 3.91, and Senior: 3.87.
(Made some big mistakes as a freshman and after that year realized if I wanted to be a doctor I had to get my act together.)
Nonacademic/Extracurricular
This is where I feel that I may be a little weak.
- Doing an intership with a podiatrist in his clinic over the course of the summer and the fall. (Learning the ins and outs of running the office and note taking)
-I have 40 hours shadowing podiatrists and another 15ish shadowing Mds/DOs.
- Around 70 hours volunteering at the hospital on the med/surg floor.
- Volunteer tutor for biology courses for 1 semester
- Work as a tutor for the university I attend tutoring two upper-level biology courses.
- Certified as a phlebotomist
-100 Hours volunteer service in South America.

Any feedback or input? What are my chances at the schools I want to apply to? Thanks in advance!

PodMan16, both of your GPA's look competitive for podiatry. During interviews, the upward trend in your grades will most likely appeal to the interviewers and it definitely shows them that you got your act together. Your strong will and dedication to the field is evident based on your Extra curriculars, as long as you have a concrete reason as to why podiatry and not "A,B,C or D", it seems that your experience shadowing other physicians has shown you the pros and cons of each field. In my opinion I think you would be an excellent and competitive applicant as well as a great asset to the school of your choosing. You should have absolutely no problem getting into any of the programs so long as your MCAT is good. Great job on the volunteer hours in South America, working with those who may be underprivilaged demonstrates to schools your ability to serve your community regardless of what you stand to gain. Pass the MCAT and you shouldnt have any problems getting into any school. Best of luck, PM me if you have any questions. Hope this helps.
-F&A

Reactions: 2 users
Hey I was wondering what my chances would look like to get into a DPM school.

Right now:
cGPA: 3.13
cSGPA: 2.78
-I have close to 50 shadowing hours, shadowing a podiatrist this summer
-I have held multiple leadership positions
-Good Extra Circulars

I am planning on taking more science classes this summer in hopes of raising my GPA. I am also taking the new MCAT in July. Let's just say that I hypothetically make around the national average on the new MCAT.

How would my chances look then?

Do you think that if I were to score very high on my MCAT it would balance out my weak GPA?

What else do you think I should do in order to boast my resume?

It is just too late in the app cycle. You would have a chance if you apply broadly in new app cycle. Your chance is small to none because you don't even have your mcat score yet.

Hey I was wondering what my chances would look like to get into a DPM school.

Right now:
cGPA: 3.13
cSGPA: 2.78
-I have close to 50 shadowing hours, shadowing a podiatrist this summer
-I have held multiple leadership positions
-Good Extra Circulars

I am planning on taking more science classes this summer in hopes of raising my GPA. I am also taking the new MCAT in July. Let's just say that I hypothetically make around the national average on the new MCAT.

How would my chances look then?

Do you think that if I were to score very high on my MCAT it would balance out my weak GPA?

What else do you think I should do in order to boast my resume?

By "this cycle" I hope you mean August. If you apply early, do good in your summer classes, and get a good MCAT score you should have a good chance. I'd focus solely on getting good grades/MCAT score, the rest of your resume seems fine.

Last edited:
Hey guys!

Do you think working as an ER scribe would look good on applications for podiatry school or would it not hold much weight? I was offered a position to work but they pay rate is pretty low so I'm not sure if I want to go through with it if it won't be looked at as a positive on my applications. I have no prior work experience if that matters or not. and I will be doing podiatrist shadowing throughout this summer as well.

Hey guys!

Do you think working as an ER scribe would look good on applications for podiatry school or would it not hold much weight? I was offered a position to work but they pay rate is pretty low so I'm not sure if I want to go through with it if it won't be looked at as a positive on my applications. I have no prior work experience if that matters or not. and I will be doing podiatrist shadowing throughout this summer as well.
Any medical exposure will look good on your application.

Hey guys!

If you have no prior work experience, then you most definitely should take that position.

I am a Biomedical Engineering student with a 2.5 overall gpa and 2.6 science gpa. It was hard for me to maintain the workload of a biomedical engineer. I took the MCAT and got a 36. I was wondering what my chances are of getting into podiatry school? I have shadowed a podiatrist and have lots of volunteer hours.

In an effort to consolidate the "What Are My Chances?" (WAMC) threads and make a single place where pre-pods can request a review of their applications, this thread has been made.

Please make sure to include as much of the list below as possible so that others can give their most accurate opinion.

1. Schools you are applying to
2. cGPA/sGPA
3. MCAT Score
4. Podiatry Experience
5. Non-Podiatry Shadowing/Clinical Experience (If Applicable)
6. Volunteering

Do keep a few things in mind when posting or responding.

1. The members writing a WAMC post are asking for your opinion on where they stand. As anyone who has been through applications knows, it is an expensive and stressful process so please be courteous.

2. Since we are making a single thread to keep WAMC posts in, all other WAMC posts are subject to being moved into this thread.

3. Please keep your posts on track with WAMC and responses to WAMC posts. Since the thread is a large collection of posts, let's not confuse it with off-topic posts.
I am a biomedical engineering student with a 2.5 overall gpa and 2.6 science gpa. I got a 36 on my mcat and I've shadowed a podiatrist for 4 months as well as volunteered over 100 hours.

I am a biomedical engineering student with a 2.5 overall gpa and 2.6 science gpa. I got a 36 on my mcat and I've shadowed a podiatrist for 4 months as well as volunteered over 100 hours.
Hmm, you have a very interesting case. I think the larger schools will overlook your bad gpa in favor of your baller mcat. The main concern though, is not to get autoscreened out by the computer during the initial stages. If you're shooting for the more competitive schools, I would suggest applying early and contacting each school individually to show your interest and explain your situation. Adcoms are a little more understanding of lower gpa's for engineers but only to an extent. If you can take a course or two over the summer before the application opens to raise your gpa to even a 2.8, you would be in much better shape imo.

I say apply early and you might have a decent chance. I had a 2.9 because of a medical issue in a postbacc semester and got a 32 on the MCAT. I applied to eight schools and I'm accepted at NYCPM and on the waitlist at AZPOD, DMU, and Kent. I did apply in February though.

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1431390716.052604.jpg
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1431390732.252151.jpg
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1431390745.169845.jpg
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1431390762.539012.jpg
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1431390772.306909.jpg

I realize this thread is really old but...

I would like to present my friend with some facts about what his options are for the future.

GPA ~ 3.2
MCAT 31 ( 8P, 11V, 12B)

ECs:

2 years of TA experience.
(Nothing else).

What are his chances for Podiatry?

( I have my own opinions, but I would like to know what SDN thinks)

If he doesn't have a chance, how long will it take to strengthen his application to a decent shape?
He is about to graduate and
I want him to finally start examining his future plans.

Thank you for your responses!